shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for an 8mm OEC

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a picture/thread of your setting? :) And excited you have found a OEC to fit it!

Is there a picture/thread of your setting? :) And excited you have found a OEC to fit it!

I just bought @Spring Day's old setting.

The setting is with DK. I still haven't seen it in person. This 3-stone project has become my most expensive online purchase thus far. PS really is dangerous :lol:

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen just seen this one pop up if you’re still looking

Of course NOW everyone is posting OECs that fit my parameters. Why can't I have more monies so I can buy all the shinies to compare all at once? Waaah :lol:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Of course NOW everyone is posting OECs that fit my parameters. Why can't I have more monies so I can buy all the shinies to compare all at once? Waaah :lol:

Isn’t that the one she was an N that you returned And DK said was likely WX or YZ?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Isn’t that the one she was an N that you returned And DK said was likely WX or YZ?

Oooh I'd love to know if that's the one! That whole scenario OP described was....sketchy (ie reluctance to send to GIA)

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon so late lol, I've been lurking with great interest!

@Spring Day and @Cerulean -- *whispers* Ya....Bought it as a N-O/VS; DK thought it was more like a W-Z. I was able to return the OEC just fine though. Once she got it back, looks like the vendor sent it to GIA and it came back Q-R/SI. So it wasn't as crazy far off as I first thought. But def still too warm for me.

The faceting is really pretty though! I'm thinking maybe if I was doing a yellow gold ring, I wouldn't mind the color as much? But alas, it's just not the OEC for me...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Spring Day and @Cerulean -- *whispers* Ya....Bought it as a N-O/VS; DK thought it was more like a W-Z. I was able to return the OEC just fine though. Once she got it back, looks like the vendor sent it to GIA and it came back Q-R/SI. So it wasn't as crazy far off as I first thought. But def still too warm for me.

The faceting is really pretty though! I'm thinking maybe if I was doing a yellow gold ring, I wouldn't mind the color as much? But alas, it's just not the OEC for me...

Totally understand! Appreciate the transparency...I’m sure I’m not the only curious PSer who’s been eyeing stones from this vendor...but I hadn’t known of anyone who purchased. It sounds though like you had an easy enough time returning it!

I love the last stone you snagged - looks yummy! Excited to see how your story progresses :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Gosh it does have pretty facets and doesn’t look as warm as that when you see it in the video! Great price for a big stone for the non color-sensitive folks (like me :) )

Which leads me to ask did you pay more than the current asking price since it’s was initially said to be VS and a different color?? A GIA report often ups the cost of a stone but now I’m very curious.

Gosh it does have pretty facets and doesn’t look as warm as that when you see it in the video! Great price for a big stone for the non color-sensitive folks (like me :) )

Which leads me to ask did you pay more than the current asking price since it’s was initially said to be VS and a different color?? A GIA report often ups the cost of a stone but now I’m very curious.

Price has stayed the same.

Here's more pics that I took of the stone once I had it in hand...

20210302_105326.jpg

Attachments

• 20210303_092609.jpg
    20210303_092609.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210303_092508.jpg
    20210303_092508.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210303_092257.jpg
    20210303_092257.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210302_190156.jpg
    20210302_190156.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210302_150909.jpg
    20210302_150909.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210302_150600.jpg
    20210302_150600.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210302_150725.jpg
    20210302_150725.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 29

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
You really notice the warmth next to your MRB. What color is it?

Gah! My stay at the two-week club has been extended for another two weeks it looks like.

In the past month, I got that last OEC I posted about graded by GIA and then set by DK.

Unfortunately, the wraps on some of the prongs got a bit smushed during the resetting process. So the ring needs to spend a bit more time with DK for rehab. Fingers crossed I'll get the finished piece in a week or two??

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Gah! My stay at the two-week club has been extended for another two weeks it looks like.

In the past month, I got that last OEC I posted about graded by GIA and then set by DK.

Unfortunately, the wraps on some of the prongs got a bit smushed during the resetting process. So the ring needs to spend a bit more time with DK for rehab. Fingers crossed I'll get the finished piece in a week or two??

I have been wondering about this! Cannot wait to see it.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

It seems gifs are saying a lot of what I want to say right now so.....

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for checking in! I've sent it to GIA so still have another week or so before I'll get to see it in person. Longest weeks of my life. Blah!

I’m thinking of sending an OEC to GIA. Did you do it yourself or have DK do it? If yourself, has the process been easy? Thanks!

I’m thinking of sending an OEC to GIA. Did you do it yourself or have DK do it? If yourself, has the process been easy? Thanks!

Super easy process! But it does take longer going thru DK first though.

I had to send my OEC to DK first. Then they checked out the OEC and gave their own opinion of the specs before sending it to GIA. GIA also took longer than the expected return date given on their website. But oh well. Afterwards, they sent the GIA report and stone back to DK. Although, I was having DK set the OEC, so you may be able to have them send it back to you directly?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Super easy process! But it does take longer going thru DK first though.

I had to send my OEC to DK first. Then they checked out the OEC and gave their own opinion of the specs before sending it to GIA. GIA also took longer than the expected return date given on their website. But oh well. Afterwards, they sent the GIA report and stone back to DK. Although, I was having DK set the OEC, so you may be able to have them send it back to you directly?

If you don't mind sharing, how much were you charged for GIA? I did the same through my jeweler and was quoted $300, but I assumed the difference in price (compared to the 1-1.5ct price schedule on GIA website) was for insurance during transfer and such (but didn't ask). Wondering if that was a fair charge or not. For me it took about a month for the GIA report to come back.

If you don't mind sharing, how much were you charged for GIA? I did the same through my jeweler and was quoted $300, but I assumed the difference in price (compared to the 1-1.5ct price schedule on GIA website) was for insurance during transfer and such (but didn't ask). Wondering if that was a fair charge or not. For me it took about a month for the GIA report to come back.

I think I paid around $250 for a <2ct stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results