carat
color
clarity

Screen Name

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1361729705|3389285 said:
I just liked the name. Wanted Cricket instead, but was already taken. Kaleigh still suits even though everyone knows me as Lisa. 9 years and still here...

And both Kaleigh and Lisa are "real" names, and IIRC neither is actually yours! Three levels of subterfuge ::)

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Our last name is Bird, and we have two children... thus two_little_birds was created! I use this name for most accounts / forums I'm on. :wink2:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1361737103|3389343 said:
Kaleigh|1361729705|3389285 said:
I just liked the name. Wanted Cricket instead, but was already taken. Kaleigh still suits even though everyone knows me as Lisa. 9 years and still here...

And both Kaleigh and Lisa are "real" names, and IIRC neither is actually yours! Three levels of subterfuge ::)

Great memory Yssie... LOL!!! :wavey:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi,

I was wondering about your screen name, too. I have always thought of you as "energy" because it just fit.

liz

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great thread! I picked my name because sapphires are my birthstone and I like the color violet. Not too original since there was already a violet here when I got here...I also just love the name.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bumping because there are some newer members who's screen names I'm curious about! Spill it ladies (and the random but special gent or two! ;)) )!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Or some others who have changed theirs!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago, I was making and selling gemstone, pearl and vintage beaded jewelry and my business name was BijouxMinou, so I just switched it around. :)) Seemed natural at the time, but now sometimes I think I should shorten it up like others have, partly due to privacy issues...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, would you post a couple of photos of the type of jewelry you made/make?? I'd love to see it Minoux! I took a jewelry class a couple of years ago, mostly working with pearls, sterling and beads! It was so much fun once I got the hang of it, though my "pieces" were only good enough for me or my friends. :lol:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Huh, I thought I'd responded to this back in the day, but I guess not! I have a name out of myth, but when I tried signing up for my first email account, surprise, surprise - it was taken! So I ran through all of my favorite characters from myth until I found one that was free, and thus my alter ego was born.

I've used it pretty consistently since high school: when I started blogging, it was right after a bad patch, dating-wise, so my tag line was, "Turning men into pigs, one breakup at a time." Happily, I broke the streak when I got together with my husband ... the irony is that since we were friends first and spent a lot of time on chat, he once said that it was almost his default association! I'm okay with that, on the whole ... better this than the sap who's my mythological namesake. ;-)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Yenny, I will! If I can find some, lol!

Circe: I've always loved your name. So cool the stories behind the names. Could you share with us your mythological namesake, or is that too much of a giveaway? :praise:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I missed the thread the first time around....

I am horribly uncreative when it comes to screen names. Armywife, because, well...I am an army wife and for better or worse(mostly better!), the army consumes my family's life. 13 is my favorite number and also my husband and I's birthdate, his March 13th and mine July 13th.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
perry

nothing more, nothing less, as i am who i am

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
My first year in the Uni I was a Chemistry major though decided to change it since sitting in the lab 24/7 is not my thing. During that year I did a lab course on inorganic chemistry and one of the compounds I made there was kalomeli. It's an inorganic compound of Mercury and chloride-ions (Hg2Cl2) and during the good old days (well not so good since kalomeli is poisonous) it was used as medicine for various purposes.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love hearing how people came up with (or stumbled upon!) their screen names! I've always loved your name Circe!

Kalomeli, I just learned something new, as I'd never heard of kalomeli til now...has a neat, flowy sound to it...

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I had a Halle berry style short cut haircut in my teen years when i was also very very hippy. everything was tiedye and my handbags were hemp, my diet was vegetarian and organic for animal cruelty reasons (still eat cruelty free but not vegetarian). my best friends young brother said i looked like a hippy pixie. It was about the same time i signed up for my first email account so it stuck. the haircut didn't stick though, it looked awful on me!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
This is such a fun thread hearing how everyone chose their names! It's interesting to hear how people carry many times parts of their old selves in these screen names.

Yennyfire, I loved how you got your name! Such a sweet story. :) I actually chose mine since the word had a nice flow to it and even today it reminds me of that time when I knew the periodic table by heart. :lol:

Hippi_pixi, That's such a fun story!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hippi pixi, I have a pretty clear image of you in my mind just from your description....you sound adorable!! I always wished that I had the bone structure to carry off a Halle Berry short hair style!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first signed up, I wanted Aprilbaby (for obvious reasons :bigsmile: )... but it was already taken. So I just used the initials of my alma mater (MSOP). A long time ago I had to choose an email for school and I wanted msop03, since that would be my graduation year, but it was already taken by someone in my class... so I just went with msop04. Pretty lame, but there it is. :lol:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
My screen name came about because I am originally from New York City, and over 7 years ago, I moved to Chicago (or rather, the Chicagoland area :) )

So, NYC 2 CHI gal! :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm glad you posted Msop! Yours was one of those I was wondering about! Ny2chi, I kind of guessed on your screen name! ;-)

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
This is a fun thread, thanks Yennyfire for starting (and reviving) it! My screen name is based on the name of one of our cats – Tweeter – plus the last 4 digits of phone number I know longer have! I was signing up for some forum years ago when Tweeter was just a kitten and the screen name just kind of stuck. Unfortunately, my little Tweeter past on a few weeks ago, so I now think of my screen name as a memorial to her!!

Ximena

Rough_Rock
Female version of Simon [listening in Hebrew] or Xenia in greek for guest/stranger in this site.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, tweeter, I'm sorry about your kitty! Ximena, cool name!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results