shape
carat
color
clarity

Screen Name

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Durung my first marriage, it was always "Ginger and _____". When he ditched me, I decided that just Ginger was good enough. I no longer wanted to attach my entire identity to someone else.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cygnet|1361508037|3387372 said:
I am called cygnet because in real life, I am a baby swan (but I have excellent typing skills).

:lol:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
My name is Marie and my grandkids call me Nonie. My mom is Nonie, my grandmother was Nonie and so on and so on.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1361488658|3386982 said:
FrekeChild said:
I was called Freak Child by a big football bully guy when I was a freshman in high school.

When I set my my first email account, I tried for FreakChild, but it was taken already. So I went with FrekeChild instead. And I pronounce it "freakchild" even though my husband insists it should be "freak-ychild". Whatever.

I respond to "Freke/Freak" in real life too, thanks to Mr. Bully guy and being from a small high school.
That's really sad. I always imagined that it was because you were a glamorous bohemian free spirit.
Eh. I'd like to think that in embracing it, it empowered me. I certainly wasn't a wallflower at that age, and I always have been a little bit weird! So he wasn't entirely out of line. I think the "child" part came from the fact that he was about a foot taller than I was!

You can still think I'm a bohemian free spirit - I wouldn't call myself glamorous by any means though! (Well, maybe my shoes...)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
justginger|1361510949|3387388 said:
Durung my first marriage, it was always "Ginger and _____". When he ditched me, I decided that just Ginger was good enough. I no longer wanted to attach my entire identity to someone else.

Good for you just ginger!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1361535769|3387474 said:
justginger|1361510949|3387388 said:

Good for you just ginger!!
++++1 :appl:

DF.. I can't change my name... Mayk has grown on me.... and I'm MaryK everyday.. so boring...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes|1361502214|3387278 said:
I was singing along to 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'- one of my favorite songs. :))

Love this song and love your screen name!

I told my screen name story before here-I was in the middle of doing another reset for my ER :rolleyes: and my dh was helping me with ideas. He was looking for pics online and he found PS. I was not computer literate at the time (I know, pathetic- I am slow to technology and sometimes resistant to change :oops: ) so anyway, he found PS and signed me up. He used my nickname. Not everyone calls me Missy-about half of my friends/family do and the other half call me Melissa. My dh never calls me by either name. He always calls me sweetheart/darling/honey etc so I am just happy he didn't use any of those nicknames when signing me up lol. :D

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1361496924|3387138 said:
Deb -- tell us where AGBF comes from!

--- Laurie
A Girls Best Friend... as in diamonds![/quote]

Oh, OF COURSE! The light dawns...slowly. :oops:

Mayk said:
I can't type.... I was registering for the first time on my iPad and clearly I can't type or spell my own name... so you got Mayk versus MaryK :nono:
:lol: :lol: Cute!!!

Gems have made me freak since I can remember. I love DF's handle because it's so true -- when I was a little kid, I looked at the sparkles made by lights on snow & pretended there were diamonds all over everywhere.

I was maybe around 12 when I saved up for my mother's birthday & got her best friend to take me to the dimestore (yeah, they had 'em then!) to buy her some earrings. I thought these were the most beautiful things on earth! And she actually wore them occasionally. When she died I brought them home purely from sentiment -- they're filthy from sitting in the drawer forever, & I snapped this pic just under a lamp, but you get the idea:

I still love almost anything that sparkles -- including dresses with sequins, bugle beads, whatever catches the light. :love:
--- Laurie

_3909.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is pretty self explanatory. I have 5 indoor rescue cats plus I am a registered cat colony caretaker for our local Spay and Stay organization, hense CatMom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1361541917|3387520 said:
Mine is pretty self explanatory. I have 5 indoor rescue cats plus I am a registered cat colony caretaker for our local Spay and Stay organization, hense CatMom.

:appl: :appl: :appl: Yay for rescues and for helping strays!!!!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine screen name is actually suppose to be diamondringlover....its pretty simple i love diamond rings :lol:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was starting a business and was trying to come up with names. Since I was making wool soakers (diaper covers) and other crocheted/knitted items cozystitches worked well. :D I'm not really in business anymore, but cozystitches is the name I use for everything. :D

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JewelFreak|1361541385|3387515 said:
Rosebloom|1361496924|3387138 said:
Deb -- tell us where AGBF comes from!

--- Laurie
A Girls Best Friend... as in diamonds!

Oh, OF COURSE! The light dawns...slowly. :oops:

Mayk said:
I can't type.... I was registering for the first time on my iPad and clearly I can't type or spell my own name... so you got Mayk versus MaryK :nono:
:lol: :lol: Cute!!!

Gems have made me freak since I can remember. I love DF's handle because it's so true -- when I was a little kid, I looked at the sparkles made by lights on snow & pretended there were diamonds all over everywhere.

I was maybe around 12 when I saved up for my mother's birthday & got her best friend to take me to the dimestore (yeah, they had 'em then!) to buy her some earrings. I thought these were the most beautiful things on earth! And she actually wore them occasionally. When she died I brought them home purely from sentiment -- they're filthy from sitting in the drawer forever, & I snapped this pic just under a lamp, but you get the idea:

I still love almost anything that sparkles -- including dresses with sequins, bugle beads, whatever catches the light. :love:
--- Laurie[/quote]
That's such a sweet story Laurie! The earrings you got your Mom are way prettier than the white plastic beaded necklace I got my Mom when I was 6! She used to put it on to go out on dates with my Dad and then took it off in the car (she only told me that part years later!).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad loves monarch butterflies and is fascinated by their migratory process. He was 64 when he was diagnosed with cancer. His illness was constantly on my mind in 2005 when I registered on PS. He's still with us today at 72! :bigsmile:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
monarch64|1361549150|3387623 said:
My dad loves monarch butterflies and is fascinated by their migratory process. He was 64 when he was diagnosed with cancer. His illness was constantly on my mind in 2005 when I registered on PS. He's still with us today at 72! :bigsmile:

That's awesome monarch! So glad that your Dad is doing well!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for your dad, Monarch!! Happy story.

Wonderful what our mothers do for us, isn't it, Yenny? Warms me up to hear your story.

YESSS! for Catmom.

--- Laurie

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JewelFreak|1361551059|3387652 said:
Hooray for your dad, Monarch!! Happy story.

Wonderful what our mothers do for us, isn't it, Yenny? Warms me up to hear your story.

YESSS! for Catmom.

--- Laurie

Now that I'm a mother, I really do appreciate all of those little things my Mom did for us!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I was singing along to 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'- one of my favorite songs. :))

Same as rubyshoes, I am a Wizard of Oz fan and my first name is Beth. I wore exclusively red shoes for a number of years in high school, and it seemed appropriate for a jewelry/gem forum, though I don't own any actual rubies. I wore red shoes with rhinestones on them for my wedding.

AprilBaby, my birthday is April 27! We are nearly birthday twins!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1361553908|3387690 said:

We are twins! April 27 for me as well :)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first half of my screen name is a nickname that my husband has been using for me since we met and the second half is the first letters of his family name!
I guess dear husband was a lot in my mind when I was signing up on ps!!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1361555588|3387710 said:

Oh, wow!! YAnd you are just one year older than I am, I was born in 1981. It's a good time of year to go on vacation, which I like to do for my birthdays. :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1361558688|3387773 said:

Oh, wow!! YAnd you are just one year older than I am, I was born in 1981. It's a good time of year to go on vacation, which I like to do for my birthdays. :cheeky:

Funny, we've started doing that as well. A weekend trip is way more fun than a normal gift.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Mines the 28th! :bigsmile:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock

Same as rubyshoes, I am a Wizard of Oz fan and my first name is Beth. I wore exclusively red shoes for a number of years in high school, and it seemed appropriate for a jewelry/gem forum, though I don't own any actual rubies. I wore red shoes with rhinestones on them for my wedding.

WOW! I love that you wore red shoes with rhinestones at your wedding. How cool is that? :sun:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's do a big diamond themed end of April birthday celebration!!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I don't fit into any of society's molds, and I like punk rock, including the Misfits. Hence, Lil Misfit. It suits me. I use the same name on various forums, it's part of my email address and I even have it on my vanity license plates. :twirl:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Mine kinda came from my DH & DS. I get déjà vu/ dreams that come true often. I can tell somethings about people that aren't always good, but I only share these things with my family or if the person asks me too. It freaks out my family so I don't come straight out and tell them anything anymore. So, I do it in a round about way like: my husband is a policeman and wanted nothing to do with it for obvious reasons. So instead of saying I saw him in a car accident, so before he left I asked him to do me a huge favor and just pay attention to the roads this morning. No eating or drinking coffee because its kinda foggy out. On the way to work a huge construction latter fell off a truck in front of his car. Later he called and said "Tell me the truth, Did you think I was going to get into an accident?" So I told him about my dream and now he doesn't mind anymore [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

I am also a huge fan of the show Charmed, I still watch the reruns. Anywho, that's how I picked my screen name.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes|1361561980|3387835 said:
WOW! I love that you wore red shoes with rhinestones at your wedding. How cool is that? :sun:

Our 'colors' were ivory and red, so DH wore a red tie to match my shoes. :cheeky:

AprilBaby|1361577020|3388117 said:
Let's do a big diamond themed end of April birthday celebration!!!!

YES! April birthstone and all... always an excellent reason to get birthday bling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results