carat
color
clarity

Screen Name

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tell us how you got it/made it up.....

Yennyfire is what my Dad called me as a baby. My name is Jennifer (Yenny) and I had bright red hair as a baby (fire). Thank goodness the color mellowed as a got a bit older!

Your turn!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yenny, that's so sweet!

I'm GemFever because I am nuts about gems (no surprise there, right). I started out with colored stones, so no diamond in my screen name. And the Fever part... because I'm so impulsive, impatient, and crazy when it comes to gems. Really, I wish I were more cold and calculative! When I get some stone-related idea/project/desire into my head, it's bad. I practically make myself sick with obsessing. Not to healthy. I still hope to grow out of it...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i look at a diamond the sparkles looks like Dancing Fire.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Mine isn't very creative- it's my initials and the year I was born. :roll:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
amc80|1361479791|3386754 said:
Mine isn't very creative- it's my initials and the year I was born. :roll:

But at least you'll always remember it (though I have to say that, as I get older, I don't want a constant reminder of my birth year!) :lol: :shock:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny, that's so cute!

My screen name is a variation of the nickname I've been known by for many years. My legal name is one that only my sisters call me by now, everyone else uses the nickname.

Well, my sisters, the IRS, the bank, etc. :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aoife|1361480952|3386798 said:
Yenny, that's so cute!

My screen name is a variation of the nickname I've been known by for many years. My legal name is one that only my sisters call me by now, everyone else uses the nickname.

Would you mind sharing how you pronounce it? In my head I say "ay-oh-fee", but I've always wondered. :))

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1361481112|3386804 said:
Yenny, that's so cute!

Would you mind sharing how you pronounce it? In my head I say "ay-oh-fee", but I've always wondered. :))

Roughly: Ay-fah

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire,

I'm glad you started this thread, mainly because I always wondered about your screen name. Such a fun story!

Mine is a combination of one of the many nicknames for my given name plus the abbreviation for Louisiana. IRL, I go by Liz to everyone except my fiancé and a close male friend, both of whom use my given name or a variation of it (e.g., LizBeth). Thank goodness only some of my MS relatives still all me by the dreaded full name, LizbuTHANNN...

liz

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aoife|1361481261|3386808 said:
Yenny, that's so cute!

Wow, I was WAY off!! :oops:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1361482119|3386835 said:
Yenny, that's so cute!

I know, Irish names are the worst. There's no obvious connection between spelling and English pronunciation. In our family we call it the revenge of the Celts :wink2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LibbyLA|1361481375|3386811 said:
yennyfire,

I'm glad you started this thread, mainly because I always wondered about your screen name. Such a fun story!

Mine is a combination of one of the many nicknames for my given name plus the abbreviation for Louisiana. IRL, I go by Liz to everyone except my fiancé and a close male friend, both of whom use my given name or a variation of it (e.g., LizBeth). Thank goodness only some of my MS relatives still all me by the dreaded full name, LizbuTHANNN...

liz

You ARE a Southren girl aren't you?? :lol: There are so many screen names I have wondered about...I hope that more people chime in!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aoife|1361482301|3386845 said:
yennyfire|1361482119|3386835 said:
Yenny, that's so cute!

I know, Irish names are the worst. There's no obvious connection between spelling and English pronunciation. In our family we call it the revenge of the Celts :wink2:

I like that...revenge of the Celts! :lol:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is boring and easy to guess! Just my first name and year I was born. I love the nickname Yennyfire! :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is the name of a dog we used to own, a Dachshund named Dreamer.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Mine is a middle name I was given, but don't use. I love your "origin story," yennyfire.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1361485310|3386926 said:
Mine is the name of a dog we used to own, a Dachshund named Dreamer.
Aww, that's so sweet. I had assumed it was because you were dreaming of diamonds!! :lol:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1361482310|3386846 said:
You ARE a Southren girl aren't you?? :lol: There are so many screen names I have wondered about...I hope that more people chime in!

Yup! I have a drawl but it doesn't drip honey and sweet tea like that of a lot of my relatives. And I really get to do the redneck thing on weekends. Who knew that operating construction equipment could be so much fun? I'm heck on trees with my mini excavator! It's the Swiss army knife of construction equipment.

liz

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was called Freak Child by a big football bully guy when I was a freshman in high school.

When I set my my first email account, I tried for FreakChild, but it was taken already. So I went with FrekeChild instead. And I pronounce it "freakchild" even though my husband insists it should be "freak-ychild". Whatever.

I respond to "Freke/Freak" in real life too, thanks to Mr. Bully guy and being from a small high school.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LibbyLA|1361487375|3386958 said:

Yup! I have a drawl but it doesn't drip honey and sweet tea like that of a lot of my relatives. And I really get to do the redneck thing on weekends. Who knew that operating construction equipment could be so much fun? I'm heck on trees with my mini excavator! It's the Swiss army knife of construction equipment.

liz

You don't say? I'll have to tell my parents. They love tools and construction equipment!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LibbyLA|1361487375|3386958 said:

liz
I want to come and play with you! And, I love a good drawl!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild said:
I was called Freak Child by a big football bully guy when I was a freshman in high school.

When I set my my first email account, I tried for FreakChild, but it was taken already. So I went with FrekeChild instead. And I pronounce it "freakchild" even though my husband insists it should be "freak-ychild". Whatever.

I respond to "Freke/Freak" in real life too, thanks to Mr. Bully guy and being from a small high school.
That's really sad. I always imagined that it was because you were a glamorous bohemian free spirit.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm Rosebloom because I love rose cut diamonds and because if I had a daughter I would have named her Rose (only partially so I could have justified purchasing a nice rose cut in her honor. :) )And just plain "Rose" was already taken as a screen name!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the funniest screen name ever on PS is "my breast is perky"... :lol:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FrekeChild|1361487558|3386961 said:

I would have never thought to pronounce "Freke" like "Freak"... I always mentally say Fre - Ke [Ke as in Kellog's]. And for some reason I thought it was Scandinavian. No idea why. But it's cool that you made that nickname your own though!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"What, my dear Lady Disdain! Are you yet living?" Much Ado About Nothing

Not only do I share Beatrice's name (with a variant spelling) but I am also very much like her in character (her sharp wit, love of verbal sparring, stubbornness, loyalty and absolute reluctance to admit both that she loves someone and that someone has hurt her). Besides, I love the play!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty self explanatory, but it shows my lack of imagination when I was signing up for PS in the beginning!

Now I know what general color hair to look for when we meet up this summer! ;))

SB621

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1361478395|3386718 said:
Tell us how you got it/made it up.....

Yennyfire is what my Dad called me as a baby. My name is Jennifer (Yenny) and I had bright red hair as a baby (fire). Thank goodness the color mellowed as a got a bit older!

Your turn!

I also choose my parents pet name though mine is way less orginal 8) My mother has always called me Sarahbear and for some reason I typically use it which is crazy because it obviously gives everyone my first name. I know there is a way to change names on PS so I was thinking of something a bit more generic but since I have been a member of PS since '09 I wouldn't be kidding anyone with a name change :roll: :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GemFever|1361489840|3386999 said:
FrekeChild|1361487558|3386961 said:

I would have never thought to pronounce "Freke" like "Freak"... I always mentally say Fre - Ke [Ke as in Kellog's]. And for some reason I thought it was Scandinavian. No idea why. But it's cool that you made that nickname your own though!

I thought the same thing. Kids can be so mean!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My usual user name for everything is my first initial and last name. Clearly that wasn't a good choice for a forum as my last name isn't hugely common.
That meant I had to figure something out. Since my first post was in the ladies-in-waiting section, TooPatient seemed like a perfect fit. (will have been together for 9 1/2 years by our wedding day! -- you can see where the name seemed rather fitting!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results