shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave band VS Plain -- A taste test!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
With a beautiful diamond like that, I say let her shine alone with the plain band!

It looks gorgeous!!!

Heather

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I can tell you one thing this whole thread has convinced me of:

I WANT a SIX prong solitaire setting!
31.gif
32.gif
32.gif
35.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Hi Demelza, I just wanted to pipe up and say that I think the SK band is starting to look better and better to me
1.gif
I too, wondered if the SK was a tad too big. Maybe it''s just the height of the ring itself. That said, I ADORE your rings, all of them!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 10:11:52 PM
Author: sevens one
I can tell you one thing this whole thread has convinced me of:

I WANT a SIX prong solitaire setting!
31.gif
32.gif
32.gif
35.gif

YEAH!!! Glad this thread was helpful to you as well as me!!! Which 6 prong are you considering??

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 10:15:14 PM
Author: CoutureFemme
Hi Demelza, I just wanted to pipe up and say that I think the SK band is starting to look better and better to me
1.gif
I too, wondered if the SK was a tad too big. Maybe it''s just the height of the ring itself. That said, I ADORE your rings, all of them!

Thanks, CF!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 10:08:33 PM
Author: Rascal49
I think the three bands are too bulky. But maybe that's just me.

I totally agree!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay this is my first time looking at this thread, but reading through everything now I have gotta say I am SHOCKED people don''t love the Scott Kay???? I adoooore it!!!! I think I would also want the plain band to wear on occasion because I do love the look of that too, but the Scott Kay is by FAR my favorite!!!!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The Scott Kay is beautiful but you already have your shared prong ring. I know that you can''t wear it with your e-ring, but I would hate to see you spend a lot of good money for something that looks almost exactly like something you already have.

I love the plain band with your solitaire. I love the SP shared prong band with the plain band between it and the e-ring. I love the channel set band with your solitaire. I would love your SP band with a narrow spacer.

I say stick with what you have and maybe add a narrow spacer. And then mix it up however the mood suits you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 8:39:41 PM
Author: anika
What about a knife edge pave band like on the vatche site?

You read my mind! I think a knife edge diamond band would be perfect.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Patty, that sounds like a good plan. Dem I can''t send a PM right now either, nor does the email work.
32.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 10:52:31 PM
Author: kaleigh
I agree Patty, that sounds like a good plan. Dem I can't send a PM right now either, nor does the email work.
32.gif

Glad I'm not the only one. Weird.

ETA Did you get any of my pm's?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got 2, but tried to email ya instead and it doesn''t work??? Bummer.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
my email doesn''t work or yours doesn''t work?? I''m gonna try sending you one now.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can send you an email just not from the PM part, ya know?? Like if I choose email, it has that same message that an error occured on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator????

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Duh -- I realized that''s what you meant after I wrote that last post.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I think the the solitaire with the plain band has the best look to it. Your diamond is so fabulous, it doesn''t need any distractions. Simplicity is best.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Alex -- I love, absolutely ADORE the SK with your solitaire. I think you should get 2 bands: a plain one for whenever you want less bling and more center stone pop, and the SK for when you want some sparkle. Both look amazing with your e-ring!

The side profile shot of the SP and SK together was very helpful. I''m just not a big fan of the side profile of SP rings...they look like teeth to me! I love how smooth the SK profile is, which doesn''t seem that important at first blush, BUT since I personally enjoy looking down at my hands, seeing a pleasant side profile of my wedding band is a MUST. The smoothness of the SK is so much more aesthetically pleasing to me than the SP "teeth."

I''d PM you for more information, but it doesn''t seem to be working. When PM is back up, would you mind terribly giving me the tcw and price of the ring? Also, do those pave stones look secure to you...secure enough for every day wear?

I''m coveting your SK in a very big way!!! :)

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
The plain band really, really makes the stone ''pop''!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Heresy on a diamond sight, I too think it looks best with the plain band, and my second choice would be the channel set. The SK just doesn''t do it for me, I guess it''s the knife edge on the solitaire.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
This is a tough one! I''m still undecided. If you decide to go with a diamond band I do like the Scott Kay one better. Your stone is stunning on it''s own though! It''s in great proportion to your hands.
emteeth.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Voting for the plain band too! I love how it matches so perfectly with the solitaire and makes the diamond stand out that much more. Very classic, classy look.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy...the SK ring is not a pave band, it''s 4 prong set like my own rings. That''s part of what appealed to Dem re: there wouldn''t be any problem with the diamonds eating the solitaire head!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think technically it''s bead set. There aren''t prongs so much as tiny little beads. I''ll take a loupe pic tomorrow to show it in detail.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the plain band out of the three choice you posted.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like the plain band the best.

BUT. I think the SK could be better if it was thinner maybe...

So many choices! I think you should get both!
11.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Demelza - I''m a bit late with the compliments but I just wanted to add that you have a beautiful solitaire. It''s breathtaking!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Very late - but I love the plain band with it. Speaks elegance and class all the way. Especially with your shared prong on your right hand.

That said, I understand the desire for more bling. As I was reading, I also immediately thought of a knife edge pave band along the lines of Ladyluvsluxory''s beautiful set. Here is a shot of vatche''s knife edge (disregard the e-ring). Tough to tell from the picutres if it would be to wide. Anyway - just something else to consider to keep to the lnes of your gorgeous ering. I''m sure whiteflash could make you up a beautifully proportioned version.

Tough decision!!

dvatcheknifeedge.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
The diamond band solitaire combo is really pretty....have you thought of using smaller stones? Not an eternity type ring but a band of, say, 5 or 7 stones across, prong mounted then soldered to your ering. The stones should just emit sparkle but be pretty small and add to the look of the solitaire so that you really don''t notice the band at all but, rather, the whole look. By soldering you can wear them together......and you will have lots of sparkle.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a huge fan of the plain-plain look. It''s just....too....plain!

I really do like the SK band best.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 8:54:23 PM
Author: Mara
PLAIN hands down...

i think that a 4 pronged setting like the SK doesn''t work for a setting like yours. thats why i would probably never wear my w-ring with a solitaire. i haven''t liked the look when i have tried it on previously, especially at WF when i tried on a bunch of various rings with my w-ring and it looked really weird.

now a shared prong like Precious Jewels I think works great with a solitaire but you''d have to make sure they fit flush so there''s no potential damage.

channel set if done right (that band is way too bulky) could work.

but i still like the plain the most! keychain or not, i think it leaves all of the spotlight on your big huge stone where it should be with a set like that!!
Yep - gotta agree with this. Definitely plain.

The SK is pretty, but it just doesn''t look like it "goes" with your ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results