shape
carat
color
clarity

Saying goodbye to my baby.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m trying to make my way through all of your comments one by one, but I wanted to say thank you. Thank you all so much for the outpouring of love and empathy you’ve all shared with me. It means more than you can know.

We said out final goodbye to Zoey last night. And it was hard, so unimaginably hard, to watch my baby pass on. I know it’s what she needed and it was a kindness to her but I’m struggling with how to live without her every day. No more little kisses on her super soft little noggin. No more having her flip over onto my lap and then look back up at me with so much love in her eyes. No more of her sweet purring when I start talking to her. No more belly rubs or bedtime cuddles. There are just so many things I’m going to miss. It was really hard not having her next to me last night. I kept thinking I could see her there, in the shadows of my blankets. There but not there. I just want to hold her…just one more time. One more impossible time.

I‘m grateful for all of you and I’m so sorry that so many of you have had to experience this pain. The loss of a soul-pet is impossible to describe, yet known to so many of us. I would love if you’d all share pictures of your furbabies here. Past or present. Tell me about them. What you love about them. What annoyed the crap out of you. Anything really. I‘d love to see them all and know that there’s so much love out there between us and our beloved furbabies.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 as requested, hope they will cheer you up!

In this photo, I believe my dog was in shock after being head bonked by my cat! I am certain he is bringing out the kitten in her!

The two of them getting along together:

DK :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this will give you a smile. This is my little one preparing for a winter outing.

prepping for winter.jpg

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Here are my beautiful daughters. Piper was not only my sweet girl but she was the love bug of the neighborhood. She would sneak into any pool for a swim ( even though we had a pool also ) or garage left open and come home with sneakers. She was our gentle girl who inexplicably got even sweeter in her old age. She passed in 2016.
Coconut is a rescue that we adopted in 2017. She has embraced country life with gusto. She loves swimming and hiking and sitting outside. She’s definitely more complicated than Piper but she loves with a ferocious devotion and it is our privilege to give her this life after not knowing where she spent her first year ( picked up by Animal Control in Philadelphia).

2FF74D70-E28D-40D2-B4A5-59E6752BABC7.jpeg

Attachments

• BA09FAC0-5339-4CB1-9F89-CBBD73443FD3.jpeg
    BA09FAC0-5339-4CB1-9F89-CBBD73443FD3.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it helps, Lucky just had her 13th birthday. she's an amazingly goofy (doofy) puppy. 20230103_192113.jpg

And she insisted on dragging her cupcake to the rug (whatever its a rug, I just let her be...lol) She and her sister share this hat. Gigi decided to redecorate it..:roll: But I've had it most of Lucky's 10 years with us. (excuse my mess, that stuff on the table is from my "sewing room"... 20230103_191913.jpg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
My Sherman. Our first shelter kitty. We were only blessed to have him for about a year and a half before cancer took him, but I loved him dearly. It was so unfair.
DSC_2639.JPG

And our current kitties, who have helped to fill the whole in my heart:

Stuart
Stuart.png

Posey
Posey.jpg

and Beauregard
Beauregard.jpg

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very sorry - it's never easy.

Beautiful cat!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
My heart breaks for you, and no words are going to make this next phase without her any easier. I do know you were both so lucky to have had each other, and your cherished memories will help carry you as you move through and with the grief.

Thank you for letting us know she was here, and that she mattered. -gentle hugs-

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry @elle_71125, the weeks following the loss of a furbaby are really hard, we just miss them so much. Wishing you peace and comfort in the days ahead. <3

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, elle. The loss is heartbreaking and so very painful.

M

maru8888777

I'm so sorry about this. Your kittie sounds like she was a wonderful friend, and I hope the memories of that friendship bring some amount of comfort.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to step away for a few days, as the pain was too fresh. I want to thank you all again, as your comments have meant the world to me.

I'm so sorry @elle_71125 . This breaks my heart for you. I wish you peace in knowing you are doing the right thing and cherished memories of your lovely kitty to sustain you.
Thank you. She was special is so many unforgettable ways. A true treasure of a cat.

Well isn't she gorgeous!

She made you very happy. And I'm sure you made her very happy as well. She lived a good cat life, she had a home, a family, and she was so so loved. And even if she's no longer here to walk the earth, she will always remain a part of you.

I've lost two cats to breast cancer and two more to other cancers. I know this beast, too. And I promise you, you're doing the right thing. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if she gets to live another two weeks ill and in pain. What matters is the full life she had in the loving home that you gave her. That's the best any of us can hope to give our beloved pets, and if we succeeded in that, then there's no room for regrets.
Thank you. I'm so sorry to hear you've experienced cancer in your pets as well. It's a brutal disease. I've lost two other cats to it as well (just not mammary cancer). I have to keep reminding myself that letting her go was a kindness. An act of love...even if it feels soul crushing for us. I really appreciate your kind words. She was loved so damn much.

So many of us have had the same loss that it makes us a club of sorts; a population of kind hearted people who feel this so deeply and understand implicitly when it happens to one of our family, as you are. I've lost the love of my life too. I'm so sorry that you are losing yours. She is beautiful and your bond is so precious. May she know in her soul that she means the world to you, and that love is never really gone but remains carried in your heart forever. Wishing you peace and comfort and all the happy memories of her to stay with you.
Instant tears here. There's something special about the love we share with our furry friends. They are God's gift to us...precious little creatures full of love. I shared an immense bond with my Zoey Bird. She was my best friend, my baby, my heart.
I'm so sorry you lost the love of your life as well. If you haven't shared it already, id love to see a picture of him/her.

I'm admittedly terrible with words. So just sending hugs and love to you during this time ❤️
Thank you. Virtual hugs are much appreciated.

Oh she is just so sweet! I'm so sorry for her pain and for your loss.

I love that you describe her as your soul mate in cat form. I had to put down my cat like 12 years ago. I'm still not totally over it.
Thank you. She really was the sweetest girl. She would start purring the second I started talking to her. She loved belly rubs and cuddling in bed. She really was my soul mate in cat form. The best kitty I could have ever asked for.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief is a funny business. Just when you think you've turned a corner, it can come and smack you in the face. Lots of hugs to you. I'd love to see a pic, if you haven't already shared one.

I am so deeply sorry @elle_71125. She is a precious soul, thank you for sharing a little bit of her with us.
Thank you. She was the best girl, in every way. I'm happy that everyone here can know just a tiny piece of her.

My condolences elle, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you big hugs
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Condolences to you. You know I’ve been down this road all too recently- it’s soooooo hard. Big hugs to you. You’re doing the right thing in letting her go but it’s not easy.
Thank you. I know your loss is still very fresh and I'm so sorry for it. It's right to make their lives better, even in the end...but damn, does it hurt. Sending big hugs your way.

I’m so sorry elle.
Everyone else has already said so well my thoughts upon reading your heartfelt, lovely, sad, angry, yet funny tribute.
So I won’t even try other than a “ditto” to what’s already been said.

Take care.
Thank you for your kindness. She meant the world to me and I'm lucky to be able to share a tiny piece of her here.

I'm so sorry Elle, I love your tribute to your dear kitty. She is well loved and has had a blessed life with her loving human parents. ((((((Hugs)))))))
Thank you. I know we were so blessed to have her in our lives. I'm grateful that I can be the one to soldier on without her and not the other way around. She was my heart.

She’s gorgeous. I’m so sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

I’m so sorry Elle. Your post clearly shows how much she was loved and how much she means to you. I wish there was something I could do to take away your pain. Im so sorry
Thank you for your kind words. She really was my heart. I am blessed to have shared our lives together.

My heart breaks for you Ellie..There are no words except to say I understand your pain. I’m so sorry.. :(
Thank you. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I'm so sorry you've been there too. I know so many of us have (we just the biggest group of bling loving, animal loving softies over in this corner of the internet).

As a mother of cats this breaks my heart. I too know this pain, RIP little one.
Thank you. Give you sweet babies a kiss for me.

I'm so very sorry.
Losing a loved pet is extremely heartbreaking.
Thank you. It's always heart breaking but I'll admit this one hits harder than most, as we shared such a special bond. I suspect it's similar with your sweet baby. I love seeing pics of him / her (sorry, I couldn't remember which).

This is awful & i am so sorry to read this tonight. I feel your pain.

Cats are definitely not just cats. Sending you lots of gentle hugs.
Thank you. And you're right, cats are beautiful creatures. We are lucky to have animals in our lives and I was so lucky to have Zoey in mine.

OMG, I am so so so sorry. It's so incredibly difficult when you love them so much. Just try to focus on the time you had and not the time you wont.
Thank you. I'm honestly swamped with grief right now so it's hard to get past thinking of all the "what if's" or "could have beens." Right now, everything damn thing makes me cry. Like seeing my bed every night because I know she won't be there for snuggles. I'm just trying to stay busy.

I’m so sorry, it’s never easy doing what you know must be done. :cry:
It is, hands down, the worst part of pet ownership. Yet something we all must face. Thank you.

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your beloved kitty.
Remember that she had an amazing home filled with love.
Thank you. She was loved so much.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl
Thank you.

I'm so sorry you've lost your wonderful kitty. I've lost two of my 3 cats that I adopted back in 2002, and the last one is going to be 21 this year. I wrote down as many memories as I could recall and saved them to read later. I am glad I did that, because time erases things and it was awesome to have this record to recall my cats by. Also, and I know not everyone grieves the same, but I honestly think our cats don't want us grieving and suffering they've passed on. There are plenty of cats needing good homes, and some of them are at risk of being euthanized or are in bad or unsafe situations. I took in some new cats soon after my cats passed away, and although they are not replacements for the ones lost, they bring their own uniqueness and new beginnings.
Thank you. We've had 4 dogs and 3 cats for the longest time. We lost 3 of our 4 dogs (2 this past year) and now my sweet Baby Bird. It's tough, to say the least. I am sorry you've gone through it too. I think you're very lucky to have made it to 20+ years with your kitty. I'd love to see a picture, if you'd like to share.

I never thought about writing down those memories but I think that's a brilliant idea. I'm going to do that too so I can remember as many things as possible. What a tribute to their memory that is.

I'm so sorry, Elle. Losing a baby is so incredibly hard. I know words aren't enough, but just wanted to send you gentle hugs.

Awww. @elle_71125 Your Zoey's beauty shines in the photos. This has been the very hardest thing I've ever had to do (and I've done it several times), and it never gets any easier.

Words cannot convey the depth of feeling for such loss. Sending you warm and gentle hugs.
Thank you. She was a special girl and I wanted to share that. I'm so sorry you've experienced this loss as well. We've had to say goodbye to 4 of our babies in the last couple of years (3 this past year alone, including my Baby Bird). It really is the worst! I adore them all but I will say Zoey held a special place in my heart.

I'm thinking of you today Elle. It sounds like you and Zoey had a very special connection. She's really beautiful with her black and white coloring and such striking eyes. I never met her, but I am sure that if I did, I would find her to be a special and delightful cat. Take time to mourn her. It is very very hard to lose a beloved pet. I am sending gentle hugs to you.
Thank you. She was so special to me. She was more than a cat. She was my best friend. My heart. The miniature love of my life. She was so very beautiful and I was so lucky to share my life with her.

I have to admit that I didn’t want to open this thread because we are in your shoes with my beloved fur baby as well. I can feel your pain. I share it right now. Be good to yourself.
Oh no! I'm so sorry, Nana. It's so hard knowing your time together is drawing to a close. My heart breaks for you. Sending gentle hugs to you during this impossible time.

+ a billion
Thank you.

I'm so sorry @elle_71125 - you are in my thoughts. Take care. (((hugs)))

Sending hugs, lots of hugs @elle_71125 Its heart breaking to lose our beloved fur babies, it hurts. They take a piece of our heart when they leave, but we’d have it no other way.
She had a wonderful and loving life having landed so fortuitously in your life and lap.
Thank you for being brave and letting her go despite wanting to keep her as long as you could. You did all you could and more and now she is sleeping safely and soundly.
Thank you. I was so lucky to share my life with her. I remember not wanting another cat, when my husband brought her home (we already had 4 dogs and 2 cats) but life had other plans and I'm so grateful for that. I fell in love with her instantly. Our time together will never feel like it was long enough, but I know I'm blessed for every moment we shared, for every memory I hold.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking losing a furbaby is. I'm sure she felt all of your love, and knows you did everything you could for her <3
Thank you. I hope that's true. I hope she can still feel my love, from the other side.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How precious, please accept my sympathy, prayers for comfort and peace.
Elyse/ Ceilimom
Thank you. I truly appreciate it.

I'm so sorry. I went through this yesterday and its heartbreaking. I know you loved her deeply
I'm so very sorry that you're going through this now too. I feel your pain. I know your sweet Jigglypuff was so lucky to have you as her mom and I hope you can treasure all the memories you two made together. Sending hugs across the miles.

I’m very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.
Thank you.

I’m so sorry for your loss Elle
Thank you.

Oh that little pink nose. *Autumn's heart splits in two* :blackeye: @elle_71125 I had my cat from when I was 8 to 28. She was also a stray. I still sometimes think I see or hear her. We never stop missing our babies, but your heart will heal. And when it does, perhaps another little one who needs love and warmth will paw his or her way into your soul. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend.
Thank you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. It's a double edged sword, being able to spend so many years with them. You share all that love and all those memories, but boy does it kill you to have to say goodbye.
My Zoey Bird was gorgeous. I think she had the most beautiful eyes and coloring. They used to comment about her adorably tiny feet and rabbit soft fur every time we went to the vet. I'd love to see your precious kitty too, if you have a pic.

I am so so sorry for your loss. She was a beauty and her face is full of character.
Thank you. She was gorgeous. We used to joke that she had some serious resting b*tch face though because she could mean mug you from across the room. Still, she was ridiculously loving and we were so blessed to have her.

I’m so sorry for your loss, sending you hugs xx
Thank you.

So very sorry about the loss of your beautiful baby. Take good care.
Thank you for your kind words.

I am so sorry for your loss. The story made me cry. Take good care.
Thank you very much.

What a beautiful kitty, I’m so sorry for your loss!
I know just how you feel, we had to put our kitty down in November. She would have been 20 in the spring, she was a rescue and she had been with us 19 years.
Sometimes the lasts kindest thing we can do for them is take their pain away and give them rest.
I truly believe love never ends, and that the pain we feel right now is the price we pay for such love :cry2:
I'm so sorry for your loss. You shared almost 20 years together and that is amazing! Much like you, I'll accept this pain because I can't imagine living in a world where I didn't know her. We were blessed to share our lives with them.
Ps. I'd love to see a picture of your sweet baby.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a tremendous gut punch. I just did this on Christmas Eve with my almost 16 year old dog. It's horrible and so hard. I know words don't make it better, but talking about him with my husband and all his quirks, the memories and the like helps me. Even if I still end up crying- which is every time. Maybe that will help you as well - to try to remember all the good memories because those far outnumbered the bad or sad ones. Sending you hugs.
Thank you and I'm so very sorry for your loss. Even more that it was on Christmas Eve. My heart breaks for you. Sending big hugs your way.

I too have been crying a lot. Right now, everything that reminds me of her makes me cry (and it feels like EVERYTHING reminds me of her). My husband and I are much the same as you, in that we share our memories of our lost fur babies. There are so many tears in the beginning but, eventually, you'll be able to talk about them with laughter instead. A previous poster mentioned that she wrote down all her memories of her fur baby so that she would be able to look back on if years from now. I think that's a beautiful idea and a tribute to our love for them. I'm going to do that with my Zoey Bird.

Ps. I'd love for you to share a photo of your sweet boy.

I'm so sorry about this. Your kittie sounds like she was a wonderful friend, and I hope the memories of that friendship bring some amount of comfort.
Thank you. She was my best friend and I was so lucky to have her in my life.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Where do I begin? This is Virgil, Virgil Jujubee Gooddog, and he was the greatest dog to ever live. He also slept like a weirdo.
DSCF5465.JPG
He helped raise my children, but what he really wanted was a child of his own. That is when he adopted Leeloo. I'm not exaggerating when I say he raised and trained her for me. He potty trained her, taught her to walk properly on a leash, how to wait patiently to eat, several tricks and how to be gentle with the kids. I think his only disappointment was that she never learned to talk. He would interpret for her.
He could open cabinets and used to drag out and drain entire six packs of Pediasure from the bottom of the bottles and then drag them back in and close the door. He didn't leave a drop to be seen. Two perfect punctures. I wouldn't know until I went to reach for one. He once disappeared an entire tray of cookies without disturbing the tray and left no crumbs. Anywhere. I don't know how he did that. He was a little magic, I think.
006.JPG
003.JPG
He could talk. Not sort of, but clearly. His favorite thing was to go up to people and say 'hey' when he greeted them, it used to shock people. He loved it, and would smile if they asked, 'Did you just say hey to me?!'. He'd say yuh, and hey again. He could also say, 'I love you' and 'I'm hungry' and 'yuh' and 'no' and 'mum'. He'd stand at the back door and huff his mum, mum, MUM! to let him in. He would do a Marge Simpson Mmmhm exasperated sound, if he was getting frustrated or was put out I wouldn't let him do something. I swear he could laugh. I have endless stories. He was a character like no other animal I've ever known and I've known a fair few of them. He was special. He was mine. I miss him terribly. Still. We still talk about him, all the time. We remember. I can't think of him without smiling. 055-crop.JPG
You will do the same with your beautiful Zoey, it will become a 'good' hurt in time. You will remember.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 2011_0117adihaden0060.JPG
    2011_0117adihaden0060.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 2010_0214adihaden0050.JPG
    2010_0214adihaden0050.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 107

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry to hear it, Elle. Hugs.

Thank you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. It's a double edged sword, being able to spend so many years with them. You share all that love and all those memories, but boy does it kill you to have to say goodbye.
My Zoey Bird was gorgeous. I think she had the most beautiful eyes and coloring. They used to comment about her adorably tiny feet and rabbit soft fur every time we went to the vet. I'd love to see your precious kitty too, if you have a pic.

I got all teared up again when I read the line about Zoey's little feet. ::) Some of them are so dainty and lady-like, aren't they? My cat was the opposite actually... she had large paws with fat little thumbs attached (she was polydactyl on all 4 feet). Hence her name... Mittens. I used to squeeze and kiss them like crazy (when she'd let me). She was also orange, which I'm told is rare (apparently most gingers are male). I will find a pic. The sight of her laying in the verdant spring grass under the sun with her bright orange coat was so majestic. I never had the heart to make her a fully indoor cat (I would now). Luckily she was never harmed.

How kind of you to offer sympathies when you are grieving your own friend. I can absolutely feel the love you had, and have, for her. Hopefully these drawings don't upset you, but I found them comforting. Our babies never really leave us. Big hugs to you.

thumbnail_FBV-tHKVQAAPeDL.jpeg.jpg

thumbnail_FBWE_eyWYAYO2eg.jpeg.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty Elle. Our furbabies leave such big holes in our hearts. Big hugs and much love to you.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 that made me cry! She was beautiful.

Because you asked, here is Charlie. He loved to lay in the sun and sleep, would hunt for worms and bugs in the grass and roll all over them, would stop to pee every 5 feet during walks, had a pink pig from Ikea that we replaced 2 times in the last few years, called Edwina I and II. He would always hump the pig even though he was neutered young! My husband would always tell him to go show Edwina a good time. He loved to snuggle, hated vacuum cleaners with a passion and was the happiest guy.

He adored cheeseburgers and vanilla ice cream. We got him a plain cheeseburger from Culver's 2 days before he died and rationed it out, so he didn't get sick. He was not really hungry at the end, but his eyes lit up when he was given cheeseburger pieces and he was so excited. With him passing on Christmas Eve, our new Christmas Eve routine will be getting cheeseburgers to remember Charlie. Cheeseburgers for Charlie, with some vanilla ice cream to end, probably.
PXL_20220826_020323337.jpg PXL_20210721_210614815.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 as requested, hope they will cheer you up!

In this photo, I believe my dog was in shock after being head bonked by my cat! I am certain he is bringing out the kitten in her!

20230104_172655.jpg

The two of them getting along together:

20230104_173049.jpg

DK :kiss2:

OMG, I love his adorable little shocked face. They are both so precious! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this will give you a smile. This is my little one preparing for a winter outing.

prepping for winter.jpg

Cuteness overload! What a sweet baby! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my beautiful daughters. Piper was not only my sweet girl but she was the love bug of the neighborhood. She would sneak into any pool for a swim ( even though we had a pool also ) or garage left open and come home with sneakers. She was our gentle girl who inexplicably got even sweeter in her old age. She passed in 2016.
Coconut is a rescue that we adopted in 2017. She has embraced country life with gusto. She loves swimming and hiking and sitting outside. She’s definitely more complicated than Piper but she loves with a ferocious devotion and it is our privilege to give her this life after not knowing where she spent her first year ( picked up by Animal Control in Philadelphia).

2FF74D70-E28D-40D2-B4A5-59E6752BABC7.jpeg

They are both so beautiful! You've got to laugh at Piper's neighborhood antics. I wish I could have seen her sneaking into other people's pools for a swim. Priceless. :lol-2:

Coconut looks like a total sweetie pie. She's lucky to have you guys. :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it helps, Lucky just had her 13th birthday. she's an amazingly goofy (doofy) puppy. 20230103_192113.jpg

And she insisted on dragging her cupcake to the rug (whatever its a rug, I just let her be...lol) She and her sister share this hat. Gigi decided to redecorate it..:roll: But I've had it most of Lucky's 10 years with us. (excuse my mess, that stuff on the table is from my "sewing room"... 20230103_191913.jpg

She is adorable! Happy belated birthday to Lucky. :kiss2: We did this with my dog, Riley, for his last birthday too. Except we cut up some hot dogs for him. He was so excited that he barely took time to breath while he scarfed them down. Dogs are precious creatures.:love:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Let me tell you about my babies as well.

IMG_3065.JPG

This is Ramsey. He was my soulmate in cat form. He was also the cat who raised me. I kid you not. My mom was a single mom and she sometimes had to work three jobs to make ends meet. I was home alone a lot of the time so she brought him in when I was nine, I think.

IMG_3275.JPG

He was special. Absolutely unique and one of a kind. He would cuddle with me at night, during the day, always. He loved kisses. And he had the bluest eyes.

We lost him to breast cancer. (Yeah, I know... male and spayed at that...) I still remember the night I felt the mass on his tummy. We fought it for two years. At one point it felt like we were winning, but it wasn't meant to be. I let him go on October 31, 2011. He was 12.

IMG_3052.JPG

This is Eros. He was the prettiest, the fluffiest, the most loving and... the stupidest cat I've ever lived with. :lol: Always purring, with the sweetest, tiny voice, a large ball of soft orange fluff who felt like the cat who was most mine of all of them. We took him in when I was 11. Instant connection. This cat would have no one else but me. Would follow me around as if glued to me.

He lived to be almost 16 years old. He had developed liver cancer and at least he wasn't sick for long. By the time he started showing symptoms it was already pretty advanced and deteriorating quickly. I let him go on May 15, 2018.

IMG_3277.JPG

This is Matsa. She was special. I adopted her in 2011, when I was older. She was a full on rescue case. I cannot and do not want to imagine the trauma she had experienced. I adopted her out of the vet who was taking care of her, helping her recover from the initial shock. She had spinal trauma, was left with paresis on the entire right side of her body and initially couldn't walk. She would go into full on panic at the slightest unexpected noise.

It took two years of consistent love therapy for her to finally, slowly transform into a happy cat who doesn't get scared, who even accepts meeting new people, who not only walks, but also runs (!), climbs (!) and jumps (!). But she got there.

It's a unique bond that forms when you're taking care of a disabled animal. I was privileged to be the person she trusts unconditionally. As long as I held her, she could take on any challenge. I loved her so so very much and I trust that she knew that.

Kitty.jpeg

Life took her from me on the night of April 15-16 2021. She had developed breast cancer. I knew it was happening but there wasn't much to be done, considering her disabilities. We couldn't put her under anesthesia, we couldn't operate. So I was just watching her closely for weight loss and any other signs and symptoms. But life surprised us. She developed pulmonary edema and died in my arms. She was 10 years old.

first colour swap.jpg

This is Pooh. He wasn't my cat, he was my husband's, and I only got to know him for about 2-3 years before he passed. He was truly one of a kind. My husband found him when he was on his way to school and some kids were playing and tossing a baby kitten around. He just picked him up and straight back home he went, with the cat.

He would sleep in his arms. He loved olives with a fiery passion. He would follow a strict schedule and say goodnight with a headbump every evening at 10 pm. Sadly he developed sarcoma. He had two surgeries but the damned thing kept coming back. We let him go in autumn 2012.

Even though the loss of all of them weighed heavy on me, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't imagine having lived my life without them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results