shape
carat
color
clarity

Saying goodbye to my baby.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to put my cat to sleep today and it’s breaking my heart. She’s my baby. My Zoey bird.

We’ve been fighting mammory cancer for about a year now but it‘s been spreading. If you don’t know anything about mammary cancer in cats, just know that it is extremely aggressive. She underwent multiple surgeries and was treated with chemo. It may have slowed the cancer down, but it still kept on spreading. It’s in her lungs and elsewhere. We‘ve been giving her medicine for the pain for the last week or so, as I could see she was starting to be uncomfortable. I know it’s not fair to keep her like this so my DH and I decided to let her go today. Its so hard because she’s loving and affectionate and acting mostly like herself…but I know it’s time. And I freaking hate it! I’ve already lost two of my babies in the last year and losing her is unimaginable. She’s special to me. I’ve had a lot of furbabies but we have a strong connection. She’s like my soul mate in cat form. My husband found her on a job site when she was only a couple weeks old. I bottle fed her, I raised her. She’s my baby…and the best cat you’d ever meet. She flops over on my lap for daily snuggles, we spoon in bed every night (I joke that I’m the cream filling in the Oreo, with my DH behind me and her in front of me). She has resacting b*tch face like no cat I’ve ever seen. She is precious to me and I’m going to miss her so damn much.

I want people to know that she was here. That she mattered. That she’s my best friend and the miniature love of my life.

20210724_090701.jpg

20210724_090658.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am so so sorry @elle_71125 :(

I wish I could provide words of comfort to you but we all know the loss of a loved one is so hard and painful and heartbreaking. I am sending you gentle hugs and so many comforting wishes and good thoughts.

In time I hope the memory of her will bring you more joy than pain and that you can take some comfort in the many happy years you shared together and all the love and security you gave her and all you shared together.

I get how terrible it is to lose one's soulmate. It is tragic and heartbreaking. No way to minimize the loss. I am sending you love across the miles and keeping you in my thoughts dear Elle. Your dear Zoey bird will live on in your heart always. ((((Hugs))))

Oddly enough just a short while ago I was feeling the loss of my soulmate cat very strongly and shared a poem in the NIRDI thread that provided me some comfort. I know it is too soon for you to feel any peace but perhaps you would like to see the poem anyway.

"
Farewell to thee! but not farewell
To all my fondest thoughts of thee:
Within my heart they still shall dwell;
And they shall cheer and comfort me.

O, beautiful, and full of grace!
If thou hadst never met mine eye,
I had not dreamed a living face
Could fancied charms so far outvie.

If I may ne’er behold again
That form and face so dear to me,
Nor hear thy voice, still would I fain
Preserve, for aye, their memory.

That voice, the magic of whose tone
Can wake an echo in my breast,
Creating feelings that, alone,
Can make my tranced spirit blest.

That laughing eye, whose sunny beam
My memory would not cherish less; —
And oh, that smile! whose joyous gleam
Nor mortal language can express.

Adieu, but let me cherish, still,
The hope with which I cannot part.
Contempt may wound, and coldness chill,
But still it lingers in my heart.
And who can tell but Heaven, at last,
May answer all my thousand prayers,
And bid the future pay the past
With joy for anguish, smiles for tears?

"

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
R.I.P. sweet kitty, run free now across the Rainbow Bridge! :cry2:

So sorry to hear about your loss. :cry2:

I know I am on borrowed time with mine that is 18 now. She is still very feisty, and the new dog appears to be bringing out the kitten in her, much to my comfort and relief. Just hope she will stay healthy for as long as possible, and I shan't let her suffer when the time comes. :(2

DK :hugs:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
She is beautiful. I’m so sorry

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @elle_71125 I have no words. It feels like a piece of your heart is missing when you lose a soul-mate furbaby. I am so sorry. She was such an important part of your life. My heart goes out to you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deepest condolences on her passing. It is hard, it hurts, it is empty but she knows. She knows what you've done and all that you do for her. She is blessed. And she blessed you with her love.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh Elle, I'm so so sorry. Thanks for sharing pics of Zoey. That last picture of her just stirring-it's like you can see her beautiful soul. Many, many hugs to you.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry Elle, we had a cat who had mammary cancer as well, it is so hard to see a pet struggle with a terminal illness.

My condolences on the loss of your Zoey.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 I am so sorry. Like many others here, I know the emotional pain you are experiencing. But you are doing what is best for her, and she knows how much you love her. Big hugs.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So terribly sorry - hugs to you for peace and comfort!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is so very sad.
I lost my soul mate kitty in 2018.
I hope you can be comforted in the fact that she lived the best life a kitty can have and she was a so very loved by you and your family.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm absolutely heart broken for you. We know when its time because they tell us. It dosen't make doing what has to be done any easier. They're never with us long enough.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 -

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your darling girl. My dog was the love of my life and I understand what the loss of Zoey means to you.

Nobody can ever really help with grief, but I'd like to take a minute and honor Zoey as the important person that she was, and to acknowledge her as someone unspeakably dear, and her contribution as real and irreplaceable.

I'll be thinking of you today, Elle, and am sending love and shared sadness for this blow to your heart.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I see her.
She meant the world to you and you were her world. What a gift that is, that little cat shape in your heart. She is with you and you are with her. Together. Always.
Farewell, beautiful Zoey.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to put my cat to sleep today and it’s breaking my heart. She’s my baby. My Zoey bird.

We’ve been fighting mammory cancer for about a year now but it‘s been spreading. If you don’t know anything about mammary cancer in cats, just know that it is extremely aggressive. She underwent multiple surgeries and was treated with chemo. It may have slowed the cancer down, but it still kept on spreading. It’s in her lungs and elsewhere. We‘ve been giving her medicine for the pain for the last week or so, as I could see she was starting to be uncomfortable. I know it’s not fair to keep her like this so my DH and I decided to let her go today. Its so hard because she’s loving and affectionate and acting mostly like herself…but I know it’s time. And I freaking hate it! I’ve already lost two of my babies in the last year and losing her is unimaginable. She’s special to me. I’ve had a lot of furbabies but we have a strong connection. She’s like my soul mate in cat form. My husband found her on a job site when she was only a couple weeks old. I bottle fed her, I raised her. She’s my baby…and the best cat you’d ever meet. She flops over on my lap for daily snuggles, we spoon in bed every night (I joke that I’m the cream filling in the Oreo, with my DH behind me and her in front of me). She has resacting b*tch face like no cat I’ve ever seen. She is precious to me and I’m going to miss her so damn much.

I want people to know that she was here. That she mattered. That she’s my best friend and the miniature love of my life.

20210724_090701.jpg

20210724_090658.jpg

I'm so sorry, I know how you feel having to have put mine down last year for HCM.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @elle_71125 . This breaks my heart for you. I wish you peace in knowing you are doing the right thing and cherished memories of your lovely kitty to sustain you.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Well isn't she gorgeous!

She made you very happy. And I'm sure you made her very happy as well. She lived a good cat life, she had a home, a family, and she was so so loved. And even if she's no longer here to walk the earth, she will always remain a part of you.

I've lost two cats to breast cancer and two more to other cancers. I know this beast, too. And I promise you, you're doing the right thing. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter if she gets to live another two weeks ill and in pain. What matters is the full life she had in the loving home that you gave her. That's the best any of us can hope to give our beloved pets, and if we succeeded in that, then there's no room for regrets.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So many of us have had the same loss that it makes us a club of sorts; a population of kind hearted people who feel this so deeply and understand implicitly when it happens to one of our family, as you are. I've lost the love of my life too. I'm so sorry that you are losing yours. She is beautiful and your bond is so precious. May she know in her soul that she means the world to you, and that love is never really gone but remains carried in your heart forever. Wishing you peace and comfort and all the happy memories of her to stay with you.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm admittedly terrible with words. So just sending hugs and love to you during this time ❤️

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh she is just so sweet! I'm so sorry for her pain and for your loss.

I love that you describe her as your soul mate in cat form. I had to put down my cat like 12 years ago. I'm still not totally over it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so deeply sorry @elle_71125. She is a precious soul, thank you for sharing a little bit of her with us.

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
My condolences elle, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you big hugs

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Condolences to you. You know I’ve been down this road all too recently- it’s soooooo hard. Big hugs to you. You’re doing the right thing in letting her go but it’s not easy.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry elle.
Everyone else has already said so well my thoughts upon reading your heartfelt, lovely, sad, angry, yet funny tribute.
So I won’t even try other than a “ditto” to what’s already been said.

Take care.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Elle, I love your tribute to your dear kitty. She is well loved and has had a blessed life with her loving human parents. ((((((Hugs)))))))

nienna

Rough_Rock
She’s gorgeous. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results