shape
carat
color
clarity

Saying goodbye to my baby.

This is a photo of me and my special baby Phrix, who we lost to kidney failure in 2018.
I miss him so much.
DSC_5352.JPG

This photo looks like it should be in (Italian) Vogue. Love the vintage dress, your Old Hollywood look, dancer-like posture... and, of course, your dear Phrix.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo looks like it should be in (Italian) Vogue. Love the vintage dress, your Old Hollywood look, dancer-like posture... and, of course, your dear Phrix.

Aww, thanks @Autumn in New England!
DH is a professional photographer, so he gets all the credit.
It's a sweet remembrance of my special kitty.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the college of my first dog's photos, mainly from camping trips. I carry it in my van so that he goes camping with me and the new dog in spirit.

He was my late partner's dog and I took him as my own after his sudden death from a canal boat accident.

I had him full time for 13 years or so, and he lived long enough to have one last camping trip in my new van in 2021 shortly before he died naturally of old age.

I miss him every day. :cry2:

Borda Tribute.jpg
This college makes me happy as it reminds me of the good times we had together.

DK :kiss2: :cry2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My little Kiki

A8EE8412-8687-47AD-A598-D751BD88E6B9.jpeg
OMG, she is the cutest little girl! That little hair puff kills me. :kiss2:

My Sherman. Our first shelter kitty. We were only blessed to have him for about a year and a half before cancer took him, but I loved him dearly. It was so unfair.
DSC_2639.JPG

And our current kitties, who have helped to fill the whole in my heart:

Stuart
Stuart.png

Posey
Posey.jpg

and Beauregard
Beauregard.jpg
I’m so sorry about Sherman. It’s not fair he was taken so young. :((
Your current kitties are all treasures. I am a huge black cat lover so I‘m happy to see those two black beauties in your pics. :kiss2: And Stuart is so handsome (I love that little marking by his nose).

So sorry for your loss @elle_71125 :cry2:
Thank you.

I'm very sorry - it's never easy.

Beautiful cat!
Thank you. She was absolutely gorgeous, inside and out.

My heart breaks for you, and no words are going to make this next phase without her any easier. I do know you were both so lucky to have had each other, and your cherished memories will help carry you as you move through and with the grief.

Thank you for letting us know she was here, and that she mattered. -gentle hugs-
Thank you. It has been extremely difficult, but I’m trying to remember all the good things. I really was so lucky to share my life with her.

I'm so very sorry @elle_71125, the weeks following the loss of a furbaby are really hard, we just miss them so much. Wishing you peace and comfort in the days ahead. <3
Thank you. I have been struggling with her absence. It’s hard not having her cuddling right next to me every night, or coming to say hi & get love loves every morning. It’s funny how much they fit into our daily routine and when they’re gone, everything feels so strange.

I'm so sorry, elle. The loss is heartbreaking and so very painful.
Thank you. My heart is with you right now, as I know you’re going through the same pain. I long for the days ahead, where we can look back fondly on all the good memories, without that sharp feeling of loss.

Fresh one today, as if to say "Mummy I love you" and it made me very happy!

20230107_201842.jpg

DK :))
Oh my gosh, isn’t this just the most precious face?! And that little paw! Total cuteness overload. :kiss2:

Where do I begin? This is Virgil, Virgil Jujubee Gooddog, and he was the greatest dog to ever live. He also slept like a weirdo.
DSCF5465.JPG
He helped raise my children, but what he really wanted was a child of his own. That is when he adopted Leeloo. I'm not exaggerating when I say he raised and trained her for me. He potty trained her, taught her to walk properly on a leash, how to wait patiently to eat, several tricks and how to be gentle with the kids. I think his only disappointment was that she never learned to talk. He would interpret for her.
He could open cabinets and used to drag out and drain entire six packs of Pediasure from the bottom of the bottles and then drag them back in and close the door. He didn't leave a drop to be seen. Two perfect punctures. I wouldn't know until I went to reach for one. He once disappeared an entire tray of cookies without disturbing the tray and left no crumbs. Anywhere. I don't know how he did that. He was a little magic, I think.
006.JPG
003.JPG
He could talk. Not sort of, but clearly. His favorite thing was to go up to people and say 'hey' when he greeted them, it used to shock people. He loved it, and would smile if they asked, 'Did you just say hey to me?!'. He'd say yuh, and hey again. He could also say, 'I love you' and 'I'm hungry' and 'yuh' and 'no' and 'mum'. He'd stand at the back door and huff his mum, mum, MUM! to let him in. He would do a Marge Simpson Mmmhm exasperated sound, if he was getting frustrated or was put out I wouldn't let him do something. I swear he could laugh. I have endless stories. He was a character like no other animal I've ever known and I've known a fair few of them. He was special. He was mine. I miss him terribly. Still. We still talk about him, all the time. We remember. I can't think of him without smiling. 055-crop.JPG
You will do the same with your beautiful Zoey, it will become a 'good' hurt in time. You will remember.
Wow! Virgil was a one of a kind dog. He was such a character! I kinda wish I could have been one of those people he surprised on the the street with a “hey” and a “yup.” I love dogs that can talk, though I’ve never met one in person. I bet Virgil’s antics were as adorable as they were frustrating (except for his weird sleeping position…that just straight up adorable). It takes intelligence and cleverness to drink a whole pack of pedialite and then put it back. :lol: He sounds like he was quite a dog and the goodest boy.

I’m sorry to hear it, Elle. Hugs.
Thank you.

I got all teared up again when I read the line about Zoey's little feet. ::) Some of them are so dainty and lady-like, aren't they? My cat was the opposite actually... she had large paws with fat little thumbs attached (she was polydactyl on all 4 feet). Hence her name... Mittens. I used to squeeze and kiss them like crazy (when she'd let me). She was also orange, which I'm told is rare (apparently most gingers are male). I will find a pic. The sight of her laying in the verdant spring grass under the sun with her bright orange coat was so majestic. I never had the heart to make her a fully indoor cat (I would now). Luckily she was never harmed.

How kind of you to offer sympathies when you are grieving your own friend. I can absolutely feel the love you had, and have, for her. Hopefully these drawings don't upset you, but I found them comforting. Our babies never really leave us. Big hugs to you.

thumbnail_FBV-tHKVQAAPeDL.jpeg.jpg

thumbnail_FBWE_eyWYAYO2eg.jpeg.jpg
Thank you. They do make me cry, but in a good way. I like to think she’s still here with me. Sometimes I lay in bed with my eyes closed and I swear I can feel little her little feet walking up from the bottom of the bed to stop next to me.

You were lucky to find a female ginger. They are rare indeed. My ginger boy, Bandito, is a polydactyl too! I find he’s a bit crazy compared to my other cats. I think it’s a ginger thing. I bet Mittens loved being an indoor/outdoor cat. Theres nothing like laying under the sun on a rich patch of grass. If we love it, I can only imagine cats must find it glorious!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty Elle. Our furbabies leave such big holes in our hearts. Big hugs and much love to you.
Thank you very much. It’s a love (and loss) we can all relate to. They are angels on earth.

@elle_71125 that made me cry! She was beautiful.

Because you asked, here is Charlie. He loved to lay in the sun and sleep, would hunt for worms and bugs in the grass and roll all over them, would stop to pee every 5 feet during walks, had a pink pig from Ikea that we replaced 2 times in the last few years, called Edwina I and II. He would always hump the pig even though he was neutered young! My husband would always tell him to go show Edwina a good time. He loved to snuggle, hated vacuum cleaners with a passion and was the happiest guy.

He adored cheeseburgers and vanilla ice cream. We got him a plain cheeseburger from Culver's 2 days before he died and rationed it out, so he didn't get sick. He was not really hungry at the end, but his eyes lit up when he was given cheeseburger pieces and he was so excited. With him passing on Christmas Eve, our new Christmas Eve routine will be getting cheeseburgers to remember Charlie. Cheeseburgers for Charlie, with some vanilla ice cream to end, probably.
PXL_20220826_020323337.jpg PXL_20210721_210614815.jpg
“Go show Edwina a good time.” I am dying! :P2 My Gizmo used to hump his toy lamb after every meal, but he stopped a few years back. Is it weird I kind of miss it. Lol.

Your Charlie is such a handsome boy. My heart breaks that you had to say goodbye on Christmas Eve. That’s a hard memory to carry with you, but I love that you two are putting a positive spin on it and making it cheeseburger day in his honor. I think Charlie would love that.

Oh, Elle... I know you're still deep in the grieving period, but girl, you were so blessed to have her, she's just... something special. So kind, so sweet, so loving. Even though it hurts now, this is better, this is preferable to never having met her at all.
I really was. She was just the sweetest most loving girl. She made every day better just by being in it. I was the luckiest girl in the world because I got to be her person. I love all my furbabies, but we had a special bond. I miss her like crazy but I’ll never be sad that I knew her.

You made me tear up. What a beautiful kitty she was!
Thank you. She was perfect to me.

This is a photo of me and my special baby Phrix, who we lost to kidney failure in 2018.
I miss him so much.
DSC_5352.JPG
Fist of all, what an absolutely stunning photo! I wish I had something like that. You can see how much he loves you. I love the contrast between his one fully white leg and his black fur. He was such a handsome boy and I’m very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing him with me.

Let me tell you about my babies as well.

IMG_3065.JPG

This is Ramsey. He was my soulmate in cat form. He was also the cat who raised me. I kid you not. My mom was a single mom and she sometimes had to work three jobs to make ends meet. I was home alone a lot of the time so she brought him in when I was nine, I think.

IMG_3275.JPG

He was special. Absolutely unique and one of a kind. He would cuddle with me at night, during the day, always. He loved kisses. And he had the bluest eyes.

We lost him to breast cancer. (Yeah, I know... male and spayed at that...) I still remember the night I felt the mass on his tummy. We fought it for two years. At one point it felt like we were winning, but it wasn't meant to be. I let him go on October 31, 2011. He was 12.

IMG_3052.JPG

This is Eros. He was the prettiest, the fluffiest, the most loving and... the stupidest cat I've ever lived with. :lol: Always purring, with the sweetest, tiny voice, a large ball of soft orange fluff who felt like the cat who was most mine of all of them. We took him in when I was 11. Instant connection. This cat would have no one else but me. Would follow me around as if glued to me.

He lived to be almost 16 years old. He had developed liver cancer and at least he wasn't sick for long. By the time he started showing symptoms it was already pretty advanced and deteriorating quickly. I let him go on May 15, 2018.

IMG_3277.JPG

This is Matsa. She was special. I adopted her in 2011, when I was older. She was a full on rescue case. I cannot and do not want to imagine the trauma she had experienced. I adopted her out of the vet who was taking care of her, helping her recover from the initial shock. She had spinal trauma, was left with paresis on the entire right side of her body and initially couldn't walk. She would go into full on panic at the slightest unexpected noise.

It took two years of consistent love therapy for her to finally, slowly transform into a happy cat who doesn't get scared, who even accepts meeting new people, who not only walks, but also runs (!), climbs (!) and jumps (!). But she got there.

It's a unique bond that forms when you're taking care of a disabled animal. I was privileged to be the person she trusts unconditionally. As long as I held her, she could take on any challenge. I loved her so so very much and I trust that she knew that.

Kitty.jpeg

Life took her from me on the night of April 15-16 2021. She had developed breast cancer. I knew it was happening but there wasn't much to be done, considering her disabilities. We couldn't put her under anesthesia, we couldn't operate. So I was just watching her closely for weight loss and any other signs and symptoms. But life surprised us. She developed pulmonary edema and died in my arms. She was 10 years old.

first colour swap.jpg

This is Pooh. He wasn't my cat, he was my husband's, and I only got to know him for about 2-3 years before he passed. He was truly one of a kind. My husband found him when he was on his way to school and some kids were playing and tossing a baby kitten around. He just picked him up and straight back home he went, with the cat.

He would sleep in his arms. He loved olives with a fiery passion. He would follow a strict schedule and say goodnight with a headbump every evening at 10 pm. Sadly he developed sarcoma. He had two surgeries but the damned thing kept coming back. We let him go in autumn 2012.

Even though the loss of all of them weighed heavy on me, I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't imagine having lived my life without them.
My heart breaks for you. You’ve endured so much loss. And yet, the love you felt for each of them shines through so clearly. They were all beautiful. Each one a magnificent gift. They help us grow into who we were meant to be. They show us so much love and patience and humor. Like you, I can’t imagine having never known them.

They were all so beautiful but I have to ask…did Ramsey have a unique voice. He looks Siamese to me. I’ve never had one but I hear that have a unique way of “talking.“

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this. I am so, so sorry. It really is horrible to lose a special pet. Btdt.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
They were all so beautiful but I have to ask…did Ramsey have a unique voice. He looks Siamese to me. I’ve never had one but I hear that have a unique way of “talking.“

You are entirely correct, he was Siamese, although not purebred but rather came from a family whose Siamese cat had babies. I think they call them “traditional Siamese” as modern purebred ones are bred for a strong oriental look, very slim. My current cat, Michael, is also traditional Siamese, 11 years old now.

I would say they’re definitely talkative, more than any other cat I’ve had. But that’s about where the uniqueness ends. More so, every cat I’ve found to have a unique voice, unique sounds and ways of expression that I learn with time to interpret. I know when my cat is hungry, playful, asking for attention. There’s this thing I call “the wanting purr” because some have a specific way of purring when they’re asking for something in particular. I’m sure you’ve experienced the same, and I highly suspect it’s similar with dogs. We don’t speak their language and they don’t understand ours, but through living together we develop a unique one all of our own.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results