shape
carat
color
clarity

Saying goodbye to my baby.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Elle. Your post clearly shows how much she was loved and how much she means to you. I wish there was something I could do to take away your pain. Im so sorry

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My heart breaks for you Ellie..There are no words except to say I understand your pain. I’m so sorry.. :(

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to put my cat to sleep today and it’s breaking my heart. She’s my baby. My Zoey bird.

We’ve been fighting mammory cancer for about a year now but it‘s been spreading. If you don’t know anything about mammary cancer in cats, just know that it is extremely aggressive. She underwent multiple surgeries and was treated with chemo. It may have slowed the cancer down, but it still kept on spreading. It’s in her lungs and elsewhere. We‘ve been giving her medicine for the pain for the last week or so, as I could see she was starting to be uncomfortable. I know it’s not fair to keep her like this so my DH and I decided to let her go today. Its so hard because she’s loving and affectionate and acting mostly like herself…but I know it’s time. And I freaking hate it! I’ve already lost two of my babies in the last year and losing her is unimaginable. She’s special to me. I’ve had a lot of furbabies but we have a strong connection. She’s like my soul mate in cat form. My husband found her on a job site when she was only a couple weeks old. I bottle fed her, I raised her. She’s my baby…and the best cat you’d ever meet. She flops over on my lap for daily snuggles, we spoon in bed every night (I joke that I’m the cream filling in the Oreo, with my DH behind me and her in front of me). She has resacting b*tch face like no cat I’ve ever seen. She is precious to me and I’m going to miss her so damn much.

I want people to know that she was here. That she mattered. That she’s my best friend and the miniature love of my life.

20210724_090701.jpg

20210724_090658.jpg

As a mother of cats this breaks my heart. I too know this pain, RIP little one.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry.
Losing a loved pet is extremely heartbreaking.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awful & i am so sorry to read this tonight. I feel your pain.

Cats are definitely not just cats. Sending you lots of gentle hugs.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I am so so so sorry. It's so incredibly difficult when you love them so much. Just try to focus on the time you had and not the time you wont.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry, it’s never easy doing what you know must be done. :cry:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sooo sorry to hear about your beloved kitty.
Remember that she had an amazing home filled with love.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry you've lost your wonderful kitty. I've lost two of my 3 cats that I adopted back in 2002, and the last one is going to be 21 this year. I wrote down as many memories as I could recall and saved them to read later. I am glad I did that, because time erases things and it was awesome to have this record to recall my cats by. Also, and I know not everyone grieves the same, but I honestly think our cats don't want us grieving and suffering they've passed on. There are plenty of cats needing good homes, and some of them are at risk of being euthanized or are in bad or unsafe situations. I took in some new cats soon after my cats passed away, and although they are not replacements for the ones lost, they bring their own uniqueness and new beginnings.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Elle. Losing a baby is so incredibly hard. I know words aren't enough, but just wanted to send you gentle hugs.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Awww. @elle_71125 Your Zoey's beauty shines in the photos. This has been the very hardest thing I've ever had to do (and I've done it several times), and it never gets any easier.

Words cannot convey the depth of feeling for such loss. Sending you warm and gentle hugs.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking of you today Elle. It sounds like you and Zoey had a very special connection. She's really beautiful with her black and white coloring and such striking eyes. I never met her, but I am sure that if I did, I would find her to be a special and delightful cat. Take time to mourn her. It is very very hard to lose a beloved pet. I am sending gentle hugs to you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that I didn’t want to open this thread because we are in your shoes with my beloved fur baby as well. I can feel your pain. I share it right now. Be good to yourself.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deepest condolences on her passing. It is hard, it hurts, it is empty but she knows. She knows what you've done and all that you do for her. She is blessed. And she blessed you with her love.

+ a billion

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending hugs, lots of hugs @elle_71125 Its heart breaking to lose our beloved fur babies, it hurts. They take a piece of our heart when they leave, but we’d have it no other way.
She had a wonderful and loving life having landed so fortuitously in your life and lap.
Thank you for being brave and letting her go despite wanting to keep her as long as you could. You did all you could and more and now she is sleeping safely and soundly.

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking losing a furbaby is. I'm sure she felt all of your love, and knows you did everything you could for her <3

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I have to put my cat to sleep today and it’s breaking my heart. She’s my baby. My Zoey bird.

We’ve been fighting mammory cancer for about a year now but it‘s been spreading. If you don’t know anything about mammary cancer in cats, just know that it is extremely aggressive. She underwent multiple surgeries and was treated with chemo. It may have slowed the cancer down, but it still kept on spreading. It’s in her lungs and elsewhere. We‘ve been giving her medicine for the pain for the last week or so, as I could see she was starting to be uncomfortable. I know it’s not fair to keep her like this so my DH and I decided to let her go today. Its so hard because she’s loving and affectionate and acting mostly like herself…but I know it’s time. And I freaking hate it! I’ve already lost two of my babies in the last year and losing her is unimaginable. She’s special to me. I’ve had a lot of furbabies but we have a strong connection. She’s like my soul mate in cat form. My husband found her on a job site when she was only a couple weeks old. I bottle fed her, I raised her. She’s my baby…and the best cat you’d ever meet. She flops over on my lap for daily snuggles, we spoon in bed every night (I joke that I’m the cream filling in the Oreo, with my DH behind me and her in front of me). She has resacting b*tch face like no cat I’ve ever seen. She is precious to me and I’m going to miss her so damn much.

I want people to know that she was here. That she mattered. That she’s my best friend and the miniature love of my life.

20210724_090701.jpg

20210724_090658.jpg

How precious, please accept my sympathy, prayers for comfort and peace.
Elyse/ Ceilimom

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.

Oh that little pink nose. *Autumn's heart splits in two* :blackeye: @elle_71125 I had my cat from when I was 8 to 28. She was also a stray. I still sometimes think I see or hear her. We never stop missing our babies, but your heart will heal. And when it does, perhaps another little one who needs love and warmth will paw his or her way into your soul. I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so sorry for your loss. She was a beauty and her face is full of character.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for your loss, sending you hugs xx

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
So very sorry about the loss of your beautiful baby. Take good care.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am so sorry for your loss. The story made me cry. Take good care.

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful kitty, I’m so sorry for your loss!
I know just how you feel, we had to put our kitty down in November. She would have been 20 in the spring, she was a rescue and she had been with us 19 years.
Sometimes the lasts kindest thing we can do for them is take their pain away and give them rest.
I truly believe love never ends, and that the pain we feel right now is the price we pay for such love :cry2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am so so sorry @elle_71125 :(

I wish I could provide words of comfort to you but we all know the loss of a loved one is so hard and painful and heartbreaking. I am sending you gentle hugs and so many comforting wishes and good thoughts.

In time I hope the memory of her will bring you more joy than pain and that you can take some comfort in the many happy years you shared together and all the love and security you gave her and all you shared together.

I get how terrible it is to lose one's soulmate. It is tragic and heartbreaking. No way to minimize the loss. I am sending you love across the miles and keeping you in my thoughts dear Elle. Your dear Zoey bird will live on in your heart always. ((((Hugs))))

Oddly enough just a short while ago I was feeling the loss of my soulmate cat very strongly and shared a poem in the NIRDI thread that provided me some comfort. I know it is too soon for you to feel any peace but perhaps you would like to see the poem anyway.

"
Farewell to thee! but not farewell
To all my fondest thoughts of thee:
Within my heart they still shall dwell;
And they shall cheer and comfort me.

O, beautiful, and full of grace!
If thou hadst never met mine eye,
I had not dreamed a living face
Could fancied charms so far outvie.

If I may ne’er behold again
That form and face so dear to me,
Nor hear thy voice, still would I fain
Preserve, for aye, their memory.

That voice, the magic of whose tone
Can wake an echo in my breast,
Creating feelings that, alone,
Can make my tranced spirit blest.

That laughing eye, whose sunny beam
My memory would not cherish less; —
And oh, that smile! whose joyous gleam
Nor mortal language can express.

Adieu, but let me cherish, still,
The hope with which I cannot part.
Contempt may wound, and coldness chill,
But still it lingers in my heart.
And who can tell but Heaven, at last,
May answer all my thousand prayers,
And bid the future pay the past
With joy for anguish, smiles for tears?

"
Thank you Missy. I know you had the same kind of bond with HRH. The loss is so painful but the thought of living every day without her, that’s unimaginable right now. Thank you for the poem. It is lovely.

R.I.P. sweet kitty, run free now across the Rainbow Bridge! :cry2:

So sorry to hear about your loss. :cry2:

I know I am on borrowed time with mine that is 18 now. She is still very feisty, and the new dog appears to be bringing out the kitten in her, much to my comfort and relief. Just hope she will stay healthy for as long as possible, and I shan't let her suffer when the time comes. :(2

DK :hugs:
I thank you for your kind words. I’m trying to imagine how much happier she is now. Pain free and lounging in a sun patch up there.
I wish you many years and happy memories with your sweet kitty. Please share a pic, I’d love to see her.

Always a tough time, I’m so sorry Elle. The worst part about having pets. @dk168 mine is also 18. :(2
Thank you. It really is the hardest part. I know it‘s worth it for the life we’ve shared, but I still wish she could have lived forever.
Please share a pic of your kitty. I’d love to see him / her.

She is beautiful. I’m so sorry
Thank you. She really was gorgeous.

Oh @elle_71125 I have no words. It feels like a piece of your heart is missing when you lose a soul-mate furbaby. I am so sorry. She was such an important part of your life. My heart goes out to you.
Thank you. I’m generally a happy person but that feels impossible right now. I just hurt. Knowing it was the right thing to do doesn’t make it any less painful, unfortunately. She really was my soul-mate in cat form. That’s a beautiful way to think of it. Thank you.

Deepest condolences on her passing. It is hard, it hurts, it is empty but she knows. She knows what you've done and all that you do for her. She is blessed. And she blessed you with her love.
Thank you. Your comment hit me hard because it’s just so honest. It hurts. I feel sick and so damn sad. But I’m so blessed that she loved me. That she chose me to be her person.

Elle, my sincere condolences to you. Many hugs to you during this difficult time!
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Oh Elle, I'm so so sorry. Thanks for sharing pics of Zoey. That last picture of her just stirring-it's like you can see her beautiful soul. Many, many hugs to you.
Thank you. That picture is one of my absolute favorites. It’s just so her, you know. I’m going to miss that sweet face so much!

I’m so sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

So sorry Elle, we had a cat who had mammary cancer as well, it is so hard to see a pet struggle with a terminal illness.

My condolences on the loss of your Zoey.
Thank you. It’s truly an awful disease and I’m very sorry you had a pet struggle with it as well.

@elle_71125 I am so sorry. Like many others here, I know the emotional pain you are experiencing. But you are doing what is best for her, and she knows how much you love her. Big hugs.
Thank you. It’s hard having to make that choice, to decide today is the day. I know it was right for her but I hated every moment of it. I truly hope she knows we wanted to save her from suffering. I hope she has found peace.

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is.
Thank you. It’s definitely a shared pain among animal lovers.

So terribly sorry - hugs to you for peace and comfort!
Thank you.

Oh, this is so very sad.
I lost my soul mate kitty in 2018.
I hope you can be comforted in the fact that she lived the best life a kitty can have and she was a so very loved by you and your family.
She really was loved so very much. And the love she gave me…its more valuable than words can say. I’m sorry for the loss of your soul-mate kitty as well. Thank you.

I'm absolutely heart broken for you. We know when its time because they tell us. It dosen't make doing what has to be done any easier. They're never with us long enough.
This is it exactly. It’s so hard making that final choice. We do it for them, even though it breaks us into pieces. They deserve the world for all the love they’ve given us.

@elle_71125 -

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your darling girl. My dog was the love of my life and I understand what the loss of Zoey means to you.

Nobody can ever really help with grief, but I'd like to take a minute and honor Zoey as the important person that she was, and to acknowledge her as someone unspeakably dear, and her contribution as real and irreplaceable.

I'll be thinking of you today, Elle, and am sending love and shared sadness for this blow to your heart.
Thank you Mrs. B. Your comment really touched my heart. My Baby Bird, she really was precious. Known to so few people but she made my life so much better just for having been a part of it. She was my world and my heart. I will miss her terribly. It means a lot to me that you could see and understand that. Thank you.
I’m so sorry you had to experience this pain as well. I’d love for you to share a picture of your sweet dog. She must have been very special.

I see her.
She meant the world to you and you were her world. What a gift that is, that little cat shape in your heart. She is with you and you are with her. Together. Always.
Farewell, beautiful Zoey.
Thank you so much for your kind words. “She meant the world to you and you were her world. What a gift that is…” I don’t think you can know how much this touched my soul. It’s beautiful and it feels like pure love. Thank you. Truly.

I'm so sorry, I know how you feel having to have put mine down last year for HCM.
Thank you and I’m so sorry you’ve had to experience the loss of a beloved pet. I’d love for you to share a picture here.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a tremendous gut punch. I just did this on Christmas Eve with my almost 16 year old dog. It's horrible and so hard. I know words don't make it better, but talking about him with my husband and all his quirks, the memories and the like helps me. Even if I still end up crying- which is every time. Maybe that will help you as well - to try to remember all the good memories because those far outnumbered the bad or sad ones. Sending you hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results