shape
carat
color
clarity

"Say Hello to My Little Friend" - She''s an OEC...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vintage, do you have a pic of Reese''s ring? I''m not familiar with it.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
here is Reese''s side view

reesewitherspoonasscher55.png

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to this, but that is one STUNNING diamond you have there, congrats!!!!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
these are some of the best I was able to find online...

reeseasschercu88.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you prefer white gold, why not just have this ring dipped in rhodium to see what it might look like? Also, with your color stone, you might find that without the rubies, there''s nothing to distract from the color? Just something to think about as it''s quite white in that setting, considering the color grade.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 12:58:09 PM
Author: Lorelei
I am late to this, but that is one STUNNING diamond you have there, congrats!!!!

Thank you Lorelei!!

reesesideview22.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 1:00:47 PM
Author: surfgirl
If you prefer white gold, why not just have this ring dipped in rhodium to see what it might look like? Also, with your color stone, you might find that without the rubies, there''s nothing to distract from the color? Just something to think about as it''s quite white in that setting, considering the color grade.
I think she said earlier she felt the rubies were distracting attention from the diamond.

Vintage, Reese''s ring looks very pretty, but I do fear it might do what Surfgirl has suggested, in that it will show more of your diamonds color....

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 1:00:47 PM

This is a good idea, to have the ring dipped plated and see. I think the grading on my stone may have been a little on the cautious side (I''m sure everyone thinks this!). I have had it set in other settings and my findings are this:

When it is surrounded by white or yellow gold the color is not noticeable.
When it is set with very white diamonds all around it, its not only distracting but brings out the warmth of the main stone more.
The warmth tends to look sort of pink- maybe this is ok?

Here are some examples of it in other settings:

IMG_3704.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Here it is in its original cathedral next to a Platinum band.

IMG_3729.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
20.gif

IMG_3730.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
This was the ring that made it stand out as warm. This is not a platinum ring, but an 18kt white gold with rhodium (?) plating.

IMG_4460.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
one more of Reese''s

reesewithersweb33.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
This is not a good picture, but it shows that pink...

IMG_3726.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Frankly I think it looked pretty in all of them. And the pink isn''t warmth, that would be yellow. The pink is the diamond catching something around it that was pink. i.e. shirt, curtains, etc.
2.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 4:22:37 PM
Author: Ellen
Frankly I think it looked pretty in all of them. And the pink isn''t warmth, that would be yellow. The pink is the diamond catching something around it that was pink. i.e. shirt, curtains, etc.
2.gif

Thank you Ellen.
2.gif

Sorry if I seem a little nutty about my ring. I am a perfectionist! I did more searches for better pics of Reese''s ring and found a couple of good ones. I am really into this look (not the 3ct size of course!) but the engraved platinum and the shape of the ring. Its a Neil Lane. I wonder if anyone has found something similar from an online vendor?

Here are the pics:

404962-reese.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
After another week or so of living with my new ring I have decided that I was completley insane to question this setting. It is really lovely and it goes great with the stone. So anyone who has been following along please forgive my above rantings!!
20.gif

I do think it might be nice sometime to have some hand engraving added to the side of the ring (profile) by a skilled craftsman, but I''m in no hurry. Here are a couple more pics I took over the last week, one has soapy bubbles on the ring from when I was cleaning it.

IMG_soap.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
This is my simple band...

IMG_band.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!
36.gif

I think you made a great decision.
2.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Ellen, you are so sweet!

12.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love your ruby halo, vintage bling! It sounds like you are loving it now, too. If you are still looking for vendors with ''Reese-esque'' rings, here''s one in LA http://www.singlestone.com/main.html If not, they have gorgeous pieces to look at, anyway!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Miranda! Yes I am loving it! And thank you for the link, the rings are amazing!!
35.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Good decision! I think your ring looks so nice in its current setting and much nicer than the two other previous settings..Honest! If you continue to crave the white metal look, maybe you can get someone here to photo shop your ring in all white metal to see what it looks like but I think it''s perfect as is!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve noticed your ring in other threads, and have just been BLOWN AWAY by it...all facets of it. (no pun intended).

I too am a compulsive re-setter...my e-ring is now in its FOURTH home. (but I really don''t think my first counts...it was the temp setting my dh proposed with)

So from one perfectionist to another, here is why I love your ring & wouldn''t DARE touch it.

Overall appearance: Showstopping, stunning, seems like a match made in heaven (center diamond, setting, rubies---perfect harmony) I''ve never seen anything like it & doubt I ever will, you truly have a one of a kind creation that is TO....DIE....FOR.

Balance: I love your setting & how it looks on your finger.

Center stone: I love the light play with the yellow gold & rubies, your stone lights up and looks so gorgeous. The facets on it are just yummy. I want one. LOL.

I think when we reset too often we are always chasing after an unknown. I know no matter what I''ll never be 100% happy with any ring. You know why? I need more than ONE ring! LOL. To match my moods. I mean, I don''t only have one pair of shoes, one handbag, or one pair of jeans, so why shouldn''t I have bling to match my fashion moods? (somehow, still working on dh into buying into this one. LOL)

Your ring is soooo gorgeous...flat out yummy beyond yummy.
1.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 3:14:57 PM
Good decision! I think your ring looks so nice in its current setting and much nicer than the two other previous settings..Honest! If you continue to crave the white metal look, maybe you can get someone here to photo shop your ring in all white metal to see what it looks like but I think it''s perfect as is!

Thank you surfgirl, I appreciate your honesty and your kind words! I know you have good taste because I have seen some of your threads, so it means a lot that you like it too!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 4:59:19 PM
Author: divergrrl
I''ve noticed your ring in other threads, and have just been BLOWN AWAY by it...all facets of it. (no pun intended).

I too am a compulsive re-setter...my e-ring is now in its FOURTH home. (but I really don''t think my first counts...it was the temp setting my dh proposed with)

So from one perfectionist to another, here is why I love your ring & wouldn''t DARE touch it.

Overall appearance: Showstopping, stunning, seems like a match made in heaven (center diamond, setting, rubies---perfect harmony) I''ve never seen anything like it & doubt I ever will, you truly have a one of a kind creation that is TO....DIE....FOR.

Balance: I love your setting & how it looks on your finger.

Center stone: I love the light play with the yellow gold & rubies, your stone lights up and looks so gorgeous. The facets on it are just yummy. I want one. LOL.

I think when we reset too often we are always chasing after an unknown. I know no matter what I''ll never be 100% happy with any ring. You know why? I need more than ONE ring! LOL. To match my moods. I mean, I don''t only have one pair of shoes, one handbag, or one pair of jeans, so why shouldn''t I have bling to match my fashion moods? (somehow, still working on dh into buying into this one. LOL)

Your ring is soooo gorgeous...flat out yummy beyond yummy.
1.gif

LOL!
16.gif
Divergrrl, you have no idea how wonderful your post made me feel! And I am glad to know I am not the only one who is always switching things around until they are right (if that even exists!)! You are so very sweet, thank you for making my day!!

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results