shape
carat
color
clarity

"Say Hello to My Little Friend" - She''s an OEC...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Light return, in the form of kites and rainbows

IMG_703.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say THANK YOU all soo much for your wonderful kind words and your warm welcome! It is very appreciated!!
36.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Happy 4th! Here are some fireworks!

IMG_7260.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
..Last one...Gonna go have some Tequila now...

IMG_7378.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s beautiful!!! I love colored halos and on an antique beauty like your stone...yummy!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. I love seeing the picture of the original setting to compare with the beautiful one you have since placed your stone in!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful OEC and unique ring!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love coloured halos!!! Your OEC is yummy, too...
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really stunning!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is the coolest ring! I love it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful! The diamond is such a gorgeous cut and the setting is gorgeous, too!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! I love the stone and the setting
18.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhh, those ''chunky monkey'' facets are so satisfying when they fire up, aren''t they? Yum.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the new shots!! And the lit up pavillion facets....
18.gif

Thank you for posting more!!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

My new camera is on its way! And my favorite subject is ready for some practice shots! It should arrive in the next couple of days! I hope ya''ll don''t mind if I post more pictures?

Am I crazy? I am actually thinking of changing my setting yet again! I am really drawn to the Vatche x-prong ring in platinum or 18kt white. I can attach a photo of what I am hoping it would look like. Although I love my setting, I have mixed feelings about it. The red draws in your eyes but I think it and the yellow gold keep the diamond from taking center stage. I would love to hear what the knowledgable gals here think!

Thanks ladies!!

12.gif
11.gif
12.gif
11.gif
12.gif
11.gif
12.gif
11.gif
12.gif
11.gif

4a11_1.JPG

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that I love, love, love your ruby halo. I think that an antique cut ring, deserves an appropriate setting and that the ruby halo flatters the stone perfectly- it''s a wonderful setting.

Also as the owner of an M color transitional cut yellow gold might be the best metal for your stone in most lighting situations. Also the rubies in the setting really make the stone "pop."

I love platinum & that''s what my e-ring is set in, but I wasn''t given a choice in the design and had I been given the option I might have gone w/ a yellow gold halo of some sort because I have spoken to jewelers and that "helps" out our warmer colored stones.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree, I love the setting you have now.

IF I were you (and I understand totally wanting to give the stone center stage) I would go with something a bit more vintagey. I have a OMC diamond ring and if there weren't milligrain and accent diamonds, I don't know how crazy I'd be about it. (and I absolutely adore it)

So, if you wanted a totally plain band, I'd go wiith something like this.

Stock #9313 (about 3/4's down the page)

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=4

However, I really think these types of diamonds may need just a tad of accent, just my personal opinion. So I myself would probably pick something like this.

Stock# 9316 (about 2/3's way down)

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=3

or maybe this

Stock #9282 (halfway down)

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1

I obviously love the setting you're considering, but I think it might actually take away from your beautiful stone in a way...Just a thought!
1.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:10:58 AM
Author: Ellen
I have to agree, I love the setting you have now.

IF I were you (and I understand totally wanting to give the stone center stage) I would go with something a bit more vintagey. I have a OMC diamond ring and if there weren't milligrain and accent diamonds, I don't know how crazy I'd be about it. (and I absolutely adore it)

So, if you wanted a totally plain band, I'd go wiith something like this.

Stock #9313 (about 3/4's down the page)

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=4

However, I really think these types of diamonds may need just a tad of accent, just my personal opinion. So I myself would probably pick something like this.

Stock# 9316 (about 2/3's way down)

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=3

or maybe this

Stock #9282 (halfway down)

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1

I obviously love the setting you're considering, but I think it might actually take away from your beautiful stone in a way...Just a thought!
1.gif

Ellen, I love the rings on that site! Although I have switched my ring around more times than I can count (obsessive perfectionist!), I am still convinced that I WILL find the right ring and the hunt will be OVER. I hate being so picky about it, but thats how I am with things I wear on my body everyday.

I like white metals that are a touch warm, so 18kt white would probably be great, even without the plating. I am very partial to engraved rings without a lot of accent diamonds. Think Reese Witherspoon's old engagement and wedding band. I have a feeling that would go nicely with my stone. I've never heard of people engraving white gold, it seems like its mostly platinum?
I held one of my platinum rings up to my stone to get an idea of the look, and I thought it looked good, not too warm. Hmmmm....opinions?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results