shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphires - Teal, Peacock, Montana?

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock

Suzanne,

Ohhh...that's so sweet of you to invite me!
Trouble is I have quite a few obstacles in the way of what I am sure would be an unforgivably fun time! :love::love::love:

Other than work schedule and kids in school...the biggest obstacle is some personal issue - flying phobia (of the highest degree).
I never fly unless I am absolutely forced to -and then I get strong meds from my doctor (which otherwise I would never take). I only fly over the Ocean when I have to go back to Europe to visit my family. Yeap...it's that bad. :errrr:

But the thought of seeing so many great stones with PS board fellows is absolutely delightful!

They have a show in my area in March but it will probably not be remotely as nice as what could be seen in Tucson.

M

MTHealthyLiving

In my quest for the perfect sapphire stone (within budget), I learned that it will have to have that "teal" color - not the classic cobalt, cornflower or deep navy.

I am absolutely in love with this color in sapphires and was wondering if Montana sapphires are the only ones that offer this teal blue color. Or are there other teal-colored sapphires that are NOT Montana?
I have seen them referred to as Montana, teal, peacock, blue/green...but I wonder whether they are all the same.

I have some pitiful glass earrings in this color - and I took one and stuck it in my setting (which is now stone-less) just to get an idea of how my ring could look like with a teal sapphire.
Teal sapphire.jpg

I am drooling over this color!
Now how do I find a sapphire in this vein?

If anyone could recommend several good sources for a sparkly sapphire in teal, I would greatly appreciate it.

Yogo sapphires (also found in Montana but different than Montana sapphires) tens to have a teal look to them.
However, they are very expensive (more so than diamonds), but they are the second hardest stone to diamonds. They also get no heat treatment.
The first ring in my stack is a yogo.
E3111044-6AA7-4D9D-9092-1175FAAE4548.png

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MTHealthyLiving that's a GREAT stack and I really like the color of your Yogo sapphire band. :bigsmile:

M

MTHealthyLiving

@MTHealthyLiving that's a GREAT stack and I really like the color of your Yogo sapphire band. :bigsmile:

The band isn’t yogos unfortunately. I’d love one, but until I save a few thousand it will be a while Lol! Just the ring in front has a yogo.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band isn’t yogos unfortunately. I’d love one, but until I save a few thousand it will be a while Lol! Just the ring in front has a yogo.

Sorry I misread that. I still really like the color of your band.

M

MTHealthyLiving

Sorry I misread that. I still really like the color of your band.

Thank you! I love it too! It took my breath away when I opened the box!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results