shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire target CADs from DK. Please take a look :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rockysalamander I agree completely about the area above the cuffs. I have asked David to use this ruby target as inspiration for that area and he widened that area to accommodate that. I have asked him to confirm what's going on there. I do love the examples you showed but the below blue ring was my inspiration and I added the rubys shoulders..What do you think of this?
As far as height, I somlove the new CAD and see how close in height they are so I think that's ok..
Thanks again!!

Inspiration
IMG_6318.jpg

Use these shoulders...
IMG_6335.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I noticed the height increased as well. Waiting to hear back about the diamonds and I’ll ask him then.
Again, all of your help is much appreciated! I am going to ask him about the height.
@msop04 do you happen to remember the height of your beautiful ring? Or still have the CADs posted here? I'll go look...ETA I see your height on your thread..thanks!
Thanks again @Niel I am waiting to hear back and I thank you for your eyes! ;-)

It looks like DK just made the basket deeper when he removed the triwire and made the donut. If you want it the lowest profile possible, have him change the basket back to the original dimensions (without the triwire, of course). Here are my CADs... you can see the height is 6.20 mm
DK Halo CAD 1.jpg DK Halo CAD 2.jpg DK Halo CAD 3.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04 Thank you so much. I have screenshot your CADs for the gallery and emailed them to him. I hope that is ok! I do really want it as low set as possible. I also think it will help it look a little less than 15mm (!!) across, as well as be more wearable.
Much appreciate your help!:kiss2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop04 Thank you so much. I have screenshot your CADs for the gallery and emailed them to him. I hope that is ok! I do really want it as low set as possible. I also think it will help it look a little less than 15mm (!!) across, as well as be more wearable.
Much appreciate your help!:kiss2:

No problem - glad to help! It will be gorgeous!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going to see way less of the sidestones and cuffs because the top part of the ring (the centre stone and halo) is way way bigger than your two inspiration photos this means the side angles change the way it will look on your finger will change.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going to see way less of the sidestones and cuffs because the top part of the ring (the centre stone and halo) is way way bigger than your two inspiration photos this means the side angles change the way it will look on your finger will change.

Yes, true and good point. I am hoping it looks a lot like @msop04 beautiful new halo ring. I think I can handle that coverage. The side stones are mainly for when the ring spins, which is often for me, but I am adding sizing beads to help with that. Thank you for checking in!! :)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New cads from dk. David said he will set the basket as low as the center stone will allow. The accent stones will have milgrain on the sides like ruby inspiration ring. And there will be milgrain on the bezels around center stone and halo. It will also be a size 7.75 (experience tells me DK”s rings run small) with sizing beads. Any glaring problems? I think I love it!’ Thank you for looking. ;-)
F38F5443-16E9-4832-9F7A-2E20E8DA7F42.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that top down view. It looks beautiful.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s dry lovely. Send him a pic of millgrain he’s done in the past so he knows you want the super delicate kind (like msop). He probably knows this by now but leave nothing to chance.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see this. I looooooove target style rings and I have a feeling this one is gonna be good!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that top down view. It looks beautiful.

Thank you. I love the top down view too. I love the kind of peekaboo side stone. :)

It’s dry lovely. Send him a pic of millgrain he’s done in the past so he knows you want the super delicate kind (like msop). He probably knows this by now but leave nothing to chance.

Great point again! Thanks so much Niel! I very much value your expertise at design. :)

It's beautiful!
Thank you Red. I’m hoping I can handle the larger size. We have similar sized fingers and your beautiful new ring helped me realize
I think I can! ;-)

I can’t wait to see this. I looooooove target style rings and I have a feeling this one is gonna be good!

Thanks. I am so excited. I swoon whenever I see a blue sapphire target ring. I can’t wait. Thank you for stopping by!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel he's brought the height down to 6.5mm compared to @msop04 's 6.2mm. And I've clarified to make the bezels thin (as I'm a bit nervous of a 15mm spread) and he has assured me it will be smaller after polishing. I also requested a fine milgrain, which he's done for me previously. The sapphires are going to be 1.77mm.
Last cad I think...fingers crossed. :dance: Many warm thanks for your help!
42865-quad.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am crazy in love with target rings. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lowering the shank does make the diamond details look less obvious which I like I think it looks very wearable and the size of the head doesn’t look overpowering. Definitely one you can wear everyday

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lowering the shank does make the diamond details look less obvious which I like I think it looks very wearable and the size of the head doesn’t look overpowering. Definitely one you can wear everyday

Oh good! Because I definitely want this to be the forever-every-day ring! I think the lower profile and hopefully slightly smaller face up after polishing makes me feel much better about it.
I actually don't enjoy the design process though I'm hoping I'll love the results. I think I'll tell him to go to casting...or whatever, i.e. custom cutting the sapphires, etc.
You've been so much help! Thank you! :kiss2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really loving the new CADs! I believe you will be able to wear this very comfortably. Mine feels like it's not even there! Very comfy!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have I seen what I think I saw??

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
QUOTE="Niel, post: 4314044, member: 61635"]Have I seen what I think I saw??[/QUOTE]

Yes you have!! :appl:

I was going to come here and update after work. I could hardly sleep after I got DK's late email last night! Thank you all so much for your help! Especially @msop04 who's gallery I used (:kiss2:) and @Niel (:kiss2:) who has such good advice and an incredible eye for design!

I think it looks fabulous! I just pray it's not too large on my hand! Eek. I think I'll get it tomorrow. He was adding sizing beads today to keep it from spinning!

IMG_6404.jpg
IMG_6407.jpg
IMG_6408.jpg

ksage92

Rough_Rock
It's absolutely beautiful!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous ring! The video on IG is beautiful!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see hand shots! I have seen it on IG, and it’s breathtaking!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous! Looking forward to some hand shots! It really turned out nice...:love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow! I can't wait to see handshots of this beauty!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek.. thank you for your story and journey, I never knew this style of ring is a target ring, I just knew I loved the look and style.. Your new ring is perfect. just perfect.

:love::love:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! I’m another who’s very partial to target rings and yours is lovely!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ksage92 @SimoneDi @dkata @tyty333 @yennyfire @Tekate @lissyflo
Thank you all so much for stopping in! I am too excited! This is my first "bespoke" setting. I have always scrimped on my settings and I'm anxious to see if this style ring suits me.
I love the blues, I was very nervous about them possibly blacking out. I assume his lighting is very bright, so I imagine they will be a tad darker irl...which is fine too.

I so appreciate the compliments from PS, as I have gawked for years at all of the beautiful rings here and didn't imagine I would have something more than a solitaire myself.
It's my 30th anniversary ring, which is in June but I'm wearing this as soon as it arrives! Dh hasn't a chance!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning. I really love it! :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaargh! it's beautiful!! I adore target rings so am dying of envy over here and am so keen to see handshots :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results