shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing....A RING! :)

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing....A RING

Congratulations Audball!

audball

Ideal_Rock

madelise|1356942136|3343379 said:
audball|1356900245|3342980 said:
Elisateach|1356781648|3342160 said:
Came back for another look, it really is a very pretty sparky stone. PS knowledge and teamwork at its best! Congrats again:)
Thanks for coming back! I can't get enough of my lovely sparkly! Went to Walmart today to pick up a few things and the lighting there is AMAZING! I think I remember DiamondSeeker2006 saying that was her favorite lighting and man! She was right!
Gotta try a Costco and an Autozone, too!!! And bathrooms in restaurants!
Hah, and ELEVATORS!

audball

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1357002483|3344537 said:
CONGRATS Audball & Mr.Audball-to-be!! :appl: :bigsmile:

I remember when you first got the stone in the original setting, and then your posts about having it reset into the Sholdt - it looks right at home on your finger :love: :love: :love
Thank you Yssie! I just love staring at it!

audball

Ideal_Rock

CharmedOne|1357002937|3344577 said:
Congratulations Audball!
Thank you CharmedOne!

audball

Ideal_Rock

I have tried to very carefully thank each of you who has taken the time to post! I hope I haven't missed anyone! In case I have, thank you to all of you amazing Pricescopers for your very sweet comments. We are so happy with the ring and just love seeing it there on my finger every day.

My sweet fiance is just perfect for me and this beautiful ring is just the icing on the cake.

audball

Ideal_Rock

I've been pinned on pinterest! How neat!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Hi! I love your ring and am sorry I am late to compliment it. Have you thought about what band you'll be pairing with it? If all goes well, I'm going to get this same setting too.

audball

Ideal_Rock

sortmon|1362298446|3394985 said:
Hi! I love your ring and am sorry I am late to compliment it. Have you thought about what band you'll be pairing with it? If all goes well, I'm going to get this same setting too.
Thank you!! This was such a sweet thing to see today :))

I have been thinking about bands. I'd LOVE to do a diamond band (a baby bezel probably), but that will most likely be as a future anniversary gift or push present FAR down the road.

The top contender right now is a 2mm 18kt white gold band flat, comfort fit. Eweddingbands seems to have the best price. Their version is exactly the same height off the finger as my ring and will match perfectly. The shank measurement on my Sholdt is 2.6mm wide and the set will look nice and fluid with the slightly thinner wedding band.
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106287.html

Echidna's set is my inspiration, though in white gold (hers is in platinum).
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...with-1-23ct-bgd-signature-h-a-t139091-60.html

I'd love to get the matching plain band from Sholdt directly, but the price is sooo much higher than Eweddingbands that I can't justify it when it'll essentially be the exact same ring (we got a quote from Pearlmans when we ordered the setting and considered ordering them at the same time).

If I were to get a diamond band, something like one of these in a half or 3/4 eternity would be my choice (if I could assure the height wouldn't obstruct the profile view of my Sholdt):
http://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/danielle-jazz-bezel-diamond-right-hand-ring-174.htm
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/w...nds/diamond-bezel-band-18k-white-gold-5596w18

I'm such a sentimental sap that I like the idea of the plain band so that I can always have my original wedding band as a stacker/option even if I upgrade or change settings. There aren't many things that a plain band looks bad with.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Ah, I love Echidna's set! It looks so nice together. And fluid. And even though they are both plain shanks you can tell nicely that they are distinctly e-ring and wedder. You know how I feel about the Jazz/bezel eternities! :love: Glad to hear your w-ring search is going well ::)

audball

Ideal_Rock

Thanks pandabee! :))

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, i got a quote for the matching band from Sholdt and though I would love it, I haven't been able to justify the price yet. I will see how the e-ring comes out first before I decide.

Thanks for all the good ideas!

audball

Ideal_Rock

sortmon|1362362791|3395563 said:
Yeah, i got a quote for the matching band from Sholdt and though I would love it, I haven't been able to justify the price yet. I will see how the e-ring comes out first before I decide.

Thanks for all the good ideas!
I agree! While I'd love it, it's very hard to justify when there isn't anything unique about the design. It truly is a plain gold band. I can't wait to see your finished ring and what you decide!

Other things I've thought about and haven't seriously explored yet is something rose gold or two tone white and rose... I also like the idea of a thin rolling ring with two white gold bands and one rose gold...just not sure if those are too out of the box. Maybe for future alternates!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

audball|1362363394|3395569 said:
I also like the idea of a thin rolling ring with two white gold bands and one rose gold...just not sure if those are too out of the box. Maybe for future alternates!

That would be awesome if you had the finger real estate to swing it. My fingers are just too short, I definitely don't have extra space for more bands!

audball

Ideal_Rock

I don't think I could (or would want to) wear more than 2 bands at a time. I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the plain 2mm band. I love the fluid look of all metal with the stone being the showcase.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

audball|1362366650|3395601 said:
I don't think I could (or would want to) wear more than 2 bands at a time. I'm 99.9% sure it'll be the plain 2mm band. I love the fluid look of all metal with the stone being the showcase.

Yeah, I'm almost positive I want a plain band too. I might just bite the bullet and get the Sholdt plain band in platinum because there's a part of me that really wants a matching set. I do have plenty of time to decide (I don't even have the e-ring yet!).

audball

Ideal_Rock

sortmon|1362382245|3395720 said:

Yeah, I'm almost positive I want a plain band too. I might just bite the bullet and get the Sholdt plain band in platinum because there's a part of me that really wants a matching set. I do have plenty of time to decide (I don't even have the e-ring yet!).
Yeah, plain really looks great with the setting. I'd love the Sholdt one, but for the price I could get a diamond band! I think I'll order the eweddingbands version first and see how it looks. They have a great return policy and if it looks the same, why not save a bunch?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

audball|1362401120|3395790 said:
sortmon|1362382245|3395720 said:

Yeah, plain really looks great with the setting. I'd love the Sholdt one, but for the price I could get a diamond band! I think I'll order the eweddingbands version first and see how it looks. They have a great return policy and if it looks the same, why not save a bunch?

Curious about what band you ended up with! I would love to see more pics! :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock

KristinTech|1376358877|3501805 said:
Curious about what band you ended up with! I would love to see more pics! :love:
Aww, thanks! I did indeed end up purchasing the 2mm flat comfort fit band from eweddingbands. I haven't posted any pics of it on PS yet since our wedding isn't until the end of October, but I have a few shots I can share since you asked!

_8756.jpg

p7160013.jpg

p7160015.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

audball|1376359334|3501811 said:
KristinTech|1376358877|3501805 said:
Aww, thanks! I did indeed end up purchasing the 2mm flat comfort fit band from eweddingbands. I haven't posted any pics of it on PS yet since our wedding isn't until the end of October, but I have a few shots I can share since you asked!

Wow, that is a great match! I noticed that reflection of the profile. :). We were engaged in December '99 and married October 21. 2000... It's a nice amount of time for an engagement. Congrats, and thanks for sharing!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

audball, we're going to have matching sets! I'm getting a plain band too.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I am staring again-- so pretty! Are both rings stamped PLAT 950? I thought I read on one of the Sholdt threads that they don't use 950? I am thinking of resetting my oval in the Vaschon setting, and your pics are so exciting for me to see (even with a RB, hee)! So thank you!

audball

Ideal_Rock

KristinTech|1376368683|3501897 said:
Wow, that is a great match! I noticed that reflection of the profile. :). We were engaged in December '99 and married October 21. 2000... It's a nice amount of time for an engagement. Congrats, and thanks for sharing!
Thanks! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock

sortmon|1376373171|3501929 said:
audball, we're going to have matching sets! I'm getting a plain band too.
They look so good with a plain band! FI and I have discussed getting upgraded wedding bands for our 5th anniversary...if we do I plan to add some sparkle! But so far I'm super glad that I've got a plain band.

audball

Ideal_Rock

KristinTech|1376399046|3502037 said:
I am staring again-- so pretty! Are both rings stamped PLAT 950? I thought I read on one of the Sholdt threads that they don't use 950? I am thinking of resetting my oval in the Vaschon setting, and your pics are so exciting for me to see (even with a RB, hee)! So thank you!
Thanks! My rings are white gold, not platinum, so no they aren't stamped. I think sortomon's are platinum so she may be able to help you there! If you ever have any questions, seriously email the info@sholdt address found on their website. Aaron is super helpful with inquiries about their rings!

The only thing stamped inside my engagement ring is TM and the Sholdt name. I also have a ruby embedded on the other side of the shank, but that was elective on my part. There is no marking indicating what type of metal it is made out of.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Audball, that band looks perfect! What a gorgeous set!

audball

Ideal_Rock

junebug17|1376405197|3502094 said:
Audball, that band looks perfect! What a gorgeous set!
Thank you junebug! I'm very excited to start wearing it! 78 days to go! :))

SMC

Ideal_Rock

KristinTech|1376399046|3502037 said:

Mine is platinum, and they don't use 950. Mine is stamped "PT900" and "SHOLDT".

ello

Brilliant_Rock

The perfect setting! So classy!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock

ello|1377194356|3508126 said:
The perfect setting! So classy!!!
Thanks ello! I've been wearing it daily now for 8 months (yesterday, in fact!), and love it more and more each day!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous set! It looks perfect together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results