shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Clarity Education

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am still curious...can there be residual flux if the ruby is unheated...?
I don't think it is possible to have any residual flux if it was never put into the oven (unheated), hence there is no chance of cross contamination.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The drop from the necklace is hidden under her blue sash in that photo. She also has a matching brooch, but she’s not wearing it.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it is possible to have any residual flux if it was never put into the oven (unheated), hence there is no chance of cross contamination.

Thanks @chrono

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Is the following $7.2m one considered to be pretty sleepy? Graff's looks more attractive.

HW ...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the following $7.2m one considered to be pretty sleepy? Graff's looks more attractive.

HW ...
It could be, as it looks 20+ carats, and if it were clean, it would be far more expensive.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I am surprised that this shade is still called a ruby? Is that a crack on the northeast area?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I am surprised that this shade is still called a ruby? Is that a crack on the northeast area?

There is something that looks fishy in that corner. Just so you know, this color passes for what is classic "ruby" in India; the corundum from India and Sri Lanka, when heated, are this pinkish color rather than the Burmese or Thai ruby colors. I don't think the dealer is intentionally dishonest, but what passes for ruby color is not entirely objective and depends on what color different people accept as "ruby".

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Now I curious if the vendor prices it "accordingly". Most likely not.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I see nice warm red from this throwback picture. Anyone knows what happened to the ring?

throwback_picture.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see nice warm red from this throwback picture. Anyone knows what happened to the ring?

throwback_picture.jpg
She probably still has it. The Royals typically pass down their jewels like Diana’s Sapphire ring.

This was the most gorgeous red stone ever! It looks pink in my photo, but it was intensely red.
83C70B1A-1235-484A-8E11-4D60EFFB64CD.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
She probably still has it. The Royals typically pass down their jewels like Diana’s Sapphire ring.

This was the most gorgeous red stone ever! It looks pink in my photo, but it was intensely red.
83C70B1A-1235-484A-8E11-4D60EFFB64CD.jpeg
Carmen Lucia ruby? This one, for me, trumps both the Sunrise and Liz Taylor's.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carmen Lucia ruby? This one, for me, trumps both the Sunrise and Liz Taylor's.
Yes.

I love Liz Taylor’s but this one is bigger. I think they’re a very similar hue. I have not seen hers in person though. The Sunrise is too orange for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results