shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Wedding

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw enormous flashes come from her ears, they looked square from what I could see but I might be wrong.
IMG_20180519_080907526.jpg
@Ellen , This is the best image I could get.
She wore these earrings occasionally on her TV show. I was always amazed!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I taped it so I can watch the whole thing without losing sleep. I watched Diana and Kate live, though.

She looks very beautiful. I wonder if Cartier will sell out of those earrings. I want them! :love: They are perfect with the tiara. It will be interesting to see if they make it long term. Prince Edward and Fergie did not, I think largely because her background just wasn't such that she was prepared to live that life. Same with Meghan. Kate was groomed all her life to do so, even though her family wasn't royalty. I'd place my bets on William and Kate making it, and I'll certainly hope for the best for these two.

I echo that, I hope so.

Funny thing was, Fergie was actually around the royals from childhood like Diana, although Fergie was from a family of old money, but not much and not blue blooded like Diana, yet neither could make it work and they were chosen because they ' knew what to expect.' Look how that turned out.

Kate's parents weren't of that world nor was Kate herself but so far, she seems to manage really well, probably because to use that tired old cliche, ' lessons have been learned' from the past. I think they will probably make it long term.

I hope Harry and Meghan do too, Meghan will have to do what she's told to a certain extent but she's of an age and has sufficient life experience to do what's expected and make the role her own.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180519_080907526.jpg
This is the best image I could get.
She wore these earrings occasionally on her tv show. I was always amazed!

I thought they were square cut, thanks stracci! Wow....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That tiara... I'm dead. I love it -- even more than Kate's. Meghan is stunning. I also love that Harry has chosen to wear a wedding band (when William opted out). I'm so fascinated by this relationship!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei I only meant that Kate was sent to college where William went, so she was living in that elite world to be able to meet someone like him. I think her parents raised her well. She seems like a very caring mother and a wife who loves her husband (and he seems to love her), which is nice for a change!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei I only meant that Kate was sent to college where William went, so she was living in that elite world to be able to meet someone like him. I think her parents raised her well. She seems like a very caring mother and a wife who loves her husband (and he seems to love her), which is nice for a change!

Sorry DS, that came out wrongly, still watching TV and posting, gotcha!:wavey: It was sad that Diana should have been there but couldn't, if only she'd had the support Kate has had, how different things might have been...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly think that life would be extremely hard to live no matter who you are. Your life is not your own. I personally couldn't handle that....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think that life would be extremely hard to live no matter who you are. Your life is not your own. I personally couldn't handle that....

I wouldn't be able to either, I remember watching when Diana and Charles got married, young as I was, thinking how she'd be treated so beautifully all her life and what could go wrong....I must have been really naive because once it all started coming out about her life, I remember being so horrified along with many other people. I so wish it could have been different for her.

I hope those like Kate and Meghan have happy lives because they have to give up so much for their royal status, but unlike Diana, they're older and have had the help they needed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Her dress!!!! Just my style!!!!! She looked radiant!!:appl:

Glad the weather was not pants. Their ride in the open carriage was splendid.:))

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Her dress!!!! Just my style!!!!! She looked radiant!!:appl:

Glad the weather was not pants. Their ride in the open carriage was splendid.:))

cheers--Sharon

They were lucky indeed the weather was not pants as it easily could have been.:eek2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't be able to either, I remember watching when Diana and Charles got married, young as I was, thinking how she'd be treated so beautifully all her life and what could go wrong....I must have been really naive because once it all started coming out about her life, I remember being so horrified along with many other people. I so wish it could have been different for her.

I hope those like Kate and Meghan have happy lives because they have to give up so much for their royal status, but unlike Diana, they're older and have had the help they needed.
Me too, me too..... :(sad

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also loved her simple field bouquet. I carried a similar one of violets and lily of the valley. ::)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bride was stunning and everything she choose seems to represent her style and personality as we've seen her portrayed in the media. The dress was lovely and perfect for her. I thought the tailoring was a bit off in the bodice and her underarm area -- would have liked it a bit more sleek and form fitting; was disappointed that it didn't have some subtle embellishment at least at the waist -- I don't like wedding dresses that have a seam at the waist with no embellishment; thought the length of the veil was atrocious; I especially liked the tiara she wore. Nitpick over and out. Mazel tov to them -- I hope they have long love-filled life together.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , please get out of my head! :P2
We are in agreement, except for the veil. I liked it. I feel that the dress was so simple, she needed that dramatic veil.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't watched it but I have seen some photos. Meghan looked elegant and stunning, I love the tiara and the classic dress. The flowers of Commonwealth countries embroidered into the veil is a lovely idea and I read that Harry handpicked flowers to go in her bouquet including some of his mother's favourites. :love:
My DF is skeptical about whether she really loves him, he says she is an actress after all. But from the look in her eyes I think she does. I hope she does.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
please get out of my head!
Oops sorry. Feel that little tickle in your ear? That's me leaving. lol. I agree about the veil. It saved the dress from being a total snooze. I believe it was 16 feet long. I think it could have been shorter and just as dramatic. Read a piece that said the people who made it washed their hands every 30 minutes to keep the fabric clean until it was time for the bride to drag it on the ground. LOL.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering if the tailoring was off in the bodice or if it was the wrong undergarment. I loved her whole ensemble so it is a shame it didn’t fit quite right.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The wedding had many wonderful elements to it. I loved hearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. quoted. I loved seeing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle appear so in love. I thought the veil was out of this world. I also thought the bride's mother looked wonderful and appeared to be moved, tender, and loving towards her daughter throughout the ceremony. The children were, of course, darling. :))

PS-Of course the tiara looked good. Which one borrowed from Her Majesty would not? But I would not have gone with that one. I really don't like it at all.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops sorry. Feel that little tickle in your ear? That's me leaving. lol. I agree about the veil. It saved the dress from being a total snooze. I believe it was 16 feet long. I think it could have been shorter and just as dramatic. Read a piece that said the people who made it washed their hands every 30 minutes to keep the fabric clean until it was time for the bride to drag it on the ground. LOL.

:lol:

As long as she doesn't jump into a lake with any part of that ensemble, as I've seen SOME on the internet do!
I cannot imagine the skill and patience it must have taken to embroider like that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else wonder why the congregation laughed when Harry said "I do", and then again, though not quite as much when she did? Is it an inside joke or what?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did I miss it or did Megan not curtsy to the Queen??

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone else wonder why the congregation laughed when Harry said "I do", and then again, though not quite as much when she did? Is it an inside joke or what?

I did not hear it, but a newspaper account said that when he said "I will" the crowd outside cheered. That made people inside the church laugh.

Deb :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bride was stunning and everything she choose seems to represent her style and personality as we've seen her portrayed in the media. The dress was lovely and perfect for her. I thought the tailoring was a bit off in the bodice and her underarm area -- would have liked it a bit more sleek and form fitting; was disappointed that it didn't have some subtle embellishment at least at the waist -- I don't like wedding dresses that have a seam at the waist with no embellishment; thought the length of the veil was atrocious; I especially liked the tiara she wore. Nitpick over and out. Mazel tov to them -- I hope they have long love-filled life together.

OMG, this exactly... I kept thinking maybe she'd lost a little weight, because it was so ill-fitting, but I mean, that's crazy bc that would've been remedied the week before. I wanted her to have some form of texture or interest to the dress - although lovely, it was pretty plain. Maybe she didn't want lace (like Kate) and/or wanted the tiara to have all the bling? She looked beautiful, as always, but I don't think the cut/fit of that dress was flattering - she's always looks so put together and tailored from all the other photos I've seen.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meghan looked stunning. I loved her dress and veil. They looked so happy and in love.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the dress but didn't love it on her. I honestly think they could have done a better job with the neckline - it just didn't seem as flattering as it could have been - and the sleeves just looked heavy when her arms were down. I do love the elegance and modern simplicity, but I think it was sort of done to an extreme, that it could have been softened just a bit. I'd love to see some of the detailing on the veil.

Loved the sermon, though! And that beautiful rendition of Stand by Me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results