shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Wedding

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lula, thank you for your explanation on the type of fabric used for the gown, and hence the fit. When I first read peoples opinions on here that it was ill fitting, I was like, really? They let a future princess go out in an ill fitting haute cotoure dress? It seemed unlikely to me, but then who am I? Plus, I really didn't think it looked bad. Now it all makes sense.

And MissGotRocks, I totally agree that the veil was the embellishment/accessory to her dress. Stunning.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Ellen Go to DailyMail.co.uk online

They live for these royal weddings. I haven’t checked it out this morning but the always have at least 20 articles with all having lots of pictures (as in 50 or more) per articles.
callie, thank you!!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so caught up in my own world nowadays that I had no idea this happened. A bit embarrassing considering the groom is a distant cousin of mine :oops::lol:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked the dress. I love a beautiful 'boat neck' neckline. My teenage girls hate the style and have refused to wear anything with that neckline. Now, I bet it will become a huge trend....
Loved the veil.
Although the bracelet is Cartier and expensive, I am not a fan of the design. I do not like trillion diamonds which are the focal point of the piece. I love a chunky diamond bracelet. A bracelet design sort of like Lady Spencer's Bulgari diamond necklace would be pretty.
Not a fan of the Cartier earrings as well but I do not like halos.
The Queen has mastered the poker face and shows little emotion. She knows that she is under constant scrutiny and any facial reaction will be noted.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I'm going to sound like such a grouch but I'm just not a big fan of the dress...looks stiff and heavy to me, and imo just doesn't seem to fit quite right. Love the tiara and jewelry choices. I thought she looked beautiful, and so happy! And Harry seems so smitten, really adorable! They both seemed so happy and in love, such a joy to see. I thought Charles accompanying Meghan down the aisle was such a welcoming and touching gesture, made me feel a little mushy lol.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, the official pics are changing my mind a little about the dress, it looks really nice in these pics! Beautiful photos!

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Queen has managed to raise a smile for the photos, at least!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the official photos :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a fan of the dress. Thank you for the explanation of the type of fabric. It is supposed to look like that! It looks like a dress you might see in a medieval or renaissance painting, except in all white, which makes it modern. The tailoring and style is really timeless.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos are beautiful. The black and white photo captured their joy perfectly.

@Austina , I was kind of shocked after reading some of the comments in the Daily Mail regarding Meghan. Harry and Meghan both looked so very happy and seem to be extremely supportive of each other. Do many people in England really dislike her? I promise I will try not to drive you crazy asking questions.

I was surprised seeing how the Queen acted as she walked in the church past Harry and William. It seemed really cold.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful pics!!!!:appl: (I love Kates hat!!)

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos are beautiful. The black and white photo captured their joy perfectly.

@Austina , I was kind of shocked after reading some of the comments in the Daily Mail regarding Meghan. Harry and Meghan both looked so very happy and seem to be extremely supportive of each other. Do many people in England really dislike her? I promise I will try not to drive you crazy asking questions.

I was surprised seeing how the Queen acted as she walked in the church past Harry and William. It seemed really cold.

No @Calliecake - the kind of people who generally like to comment in the Daily Mail are not representative of the average Brit. They are definitely a certain ‘type’ :whistle:

I think you can judge by the crowds and their reaction, that most people are happy for them and see it as a very positive and good thing for the monarchy. I would even go so far as to say, that after Diana’s death, there was a lot of bad feeling towards the Queen and the way things were handled. William & Harry, although obviously privileged, are viewed as far more normal and real, and have renewed people’s interest and support of the monarchy.

Events like the wedding bring huge amounts of revenue to the country, far outweighing the cost. How many people will have seen it, and are now thinking they’d like to visit?

There will always be naysayers, but intelligent people are happy that the younger royals are free to marry for love, and both William and Harry certainly look more than happy with their choices.

I find it hard to believe that Meghan has married Harry for any other reason, who would want to live their whole life in the public eye, having every aspect of their lives scrutinised in minute detail?

If you ever want to visit we’d be happy to show you around, we live near Windsor :D

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Austina definitely agree with you on Meghan. We are fairly near Windsor too.
The dailymail is great for photos but as for the content of the articles and the commentators :rolleyes:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Austina and @meely. I was hoping you were going to say this. Americans have always be captivated by royal weddings. I’m so glad the majority of Brits were thrilled with the wedding as well.

I completely agree with you @Austina about Meghan being in love with Harry. I don’t think any of us would enjoy having every aspect of our lives scrutinized.

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
4D60BD29-50F1-490B-9C7D-C0BD2A061543.jpeg I copied this photo of Meghan’s wedding band from today’s article in the Daily Mail about her first official outing as an official member of the family. I’m really loving the look of a plain, thin gold band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results