shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Wedding

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like to know where the Cartier pieces came from- borrowed? Or a personal gift from Charles or Harry?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allegedly the bracelet and matching earrings and the earrings she wore at the wedding are her personal properties.

I like it that she had the confident to go big on her first tiara outing, rather than to opt for a more demure one. That shows guts.

As for that massive Aqua ring, again, she wears it well.

I like her.

DK :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it that she had the confident to go big on her first tiara outing, rather than to opt for a more demure one. That shows guts.

If she really had guts, she would have worn The Fringe for her wedding like The Queen and Anne! (Just kidding, of course, but I really don't consider the diamond bandeau tiara to be very big.) Camilla wears bigger ones all the time.

Deb :wavey:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bandeau tiara seemed big to me because I'm comparing it to Kate's wedding tiara (which seemed tiiiiiny!)

The two tiaras that Camilla wears are huge, but they suit her hairstyle. It seems to me that the large ones she wears are suited to an older woman of more senior royal status. It's quite a "dowager" look. I mean, she wears them well, but either of them would swamp Meghan!

I wasn't sure about the Cartier bracelet yesterday. I thought the design was a bit Eighties and it seemed a little large and chunky compared to the simplicity of her dress.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ellen Go to DailyMail.co.uk online

They live for these royal weddings. I haven’t checked it out this morning but the always have at least 20 articles with all having lots of pictures (as in 50 or more) per articles.

I’m going to ask my husband to please have one of his friends in London pick up a copy of Hello magazine for me. They always have great pictures in them as well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake if you want anything specific, please le me know, I’ll be happy to post to you when I’m next in the US. :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RosieR -- Found it! Citrine ring.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 8.55.26 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close-up of aquamarine on Meghan's hand.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 9.01.07 AM.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina , Are you being serious???? If so, I would love a copy of OK and Hello magazines with the wedding. I will send Missy the money to cover the cost of the magazines and the post office costs. I think Missy would enjoy seeing the magazines as well. Austina If this is a problem, please please don’t bother. I’ve made trips to get his co workers their favorite things here in the States. I’m sure his friends that are coming here in June would pick them up for me if my husband asks them.

No one does a wedding like the British!!!!! A close friend of mine lived in London for 18 months. Our husbands both traveled their frequently for business and always brought us these magazines home. They always made for a fun evening, drinking wine and her telling me who all the people were. She loved living in London.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem @Callecake, I’ll see what I can do :D

I’m seeing Missy in July, so I’ll bring them with me and don’t worry about the money.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I was a bit underwhelmed at the overall look/cut/fit her wedding dress and hair up do w/ tiara she wore to say her vows.
Meghan has had training as an actress, perhaps that will be of benefit to the new role she has agreed to.
But like to all on their wedding day: Mazel tov & my wish for them is to have a have long and happy life together.

Love :love: the aqua ring of Diana’s what an --amazing-- something blue to wear!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t see her yesterday in any of the coverage, she’s a real stunner.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if the tailoring was off in the bodice or if it was the wrong undergarment. I loved her whole ensemble so it is a shame it didn’t fit quite right.
I thought the design was elegant and sophisticated, befitting of a woman in her thirties. I think it was the choice of fabric that gives the appearance that the gown didn't fit well. It was made of silk cady, http://www.threadsmagazine.com/2016/04/27/investigating-a-mystery-luxury-fabric, which is often used as a suiting fabric. It's heavy and doesn't have a lot of stretch, which means the bodice had to be loose enough to slide up Meghan's ribcage when she lifted her arms. The thicker, stiffer fabric gave the design its architectural beauty. The fabric is also thick enough to allow for the heavy silk organza underskirt which held the trumpet shape of the bottom of the gown. Without the underskirt, the bottom of the gown would hang flat against her legs. Had the gown been made of heavy silk crepe, which has more stretch, it would have been more form-fitting and revealing (similar to the Narcisco Rodriguez gown that Carolyn Bessette wore for her wedding) #textilemajorincollege, #fabricnut.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she really had guts, she would have worn The Fringe for her wedding like The Queen and Anne! (Just kidding, of course, but I really don't consider the diamond bandeau tiara to be very big.) Camilla wears bigger ones all the time.

Deb :wavey:

Camilla is considerably older, has social standing of her own, and not exactly a wallflower. She had and still has access to a family tiara that is not too shabby. She was not new to tiara wearing or the pomp and ceremony when she became Duchess of Cornwall.
To me personally, Megan's tiara of choice for her first tiara outting is big compared with Kate's Halo Scroll.
It is more substantial than the Lotus Flower or the Princess Royal's Meander Tiara to name a couple. It is bigger than quite a few of the starter tiaras that belong to the younger European royals.
My own opinion, of course.

DK :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very beautiful wedding and both of them look very happy. Meghan looked very classy and elegant.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Meghan looked beautiful, but still, a simple strand of pearls would have done the trick in my opinion!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the repeat of the wedding again last. I must say that the dress grew on me more and more as time went on. I think the first viewing of the wedding left me a bit stunned at the simplicity of the dress but seeing it again, I truly began to appreciate the look she was trying to achieve. The veil was the embellishment of the ensemble and it was beautiful. As with anything else, being able to see the fabric and the embroidery on the veil would probably leave you appreciating it even more. They really seem taken with one another and the tenderness of their looks would be enough to win over anyone!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous modern dress, loved her makeup, veil and tiara choice but felt her hairstyle should have been tidier and more formal!

Interestingly a lot of varied comments here in the media (Oz) about Bishop Michael Curry’s enthusiast sermon... My elderly conservative parents were literally horrified and thought it totally over the top and undignified for the occasion, personally even I felt he got a little carried away and spoke for too long! :???: I guess it just shows the differences in culture...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the first dress was the demure nod to Royal etiquette which btw apparently royal brides are not permitted to show naked shoulders or too much upper arms or cleavage. And the second much more slinky better fitting sexier modern dress she wore to the private night reception was the no pressure totally herself choice.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous modern dress, loved her makeup, veil and tiara choice but felt her hairstyle should have been tidier and more formal!

Interestingly a lot of varied comments here in the media (Oz) about Bishop Michael Curry’s enthusiast sermon... My elderly conservative parents were literally horrified and thought it totally over the top and undignified for the occasion, personally even I felt he got a little carried away and spoke for too long! :???: I guess it just shows the differences in culture...

We thought he went on a little too much here as well. Had he stopped after the love speech it might have been a tad too long but still ok, but when he launched into the fire part and beyond, we thought perhaps he had forgotten that this wasn’t his church and that he was at a wedding.

We loved how diverse the ceremony was though. And how they incorporated her culture into it.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved her dress and veil. I thought the simple, elegant lines fit her personality perfectly and that the 16-ft veil incorporating the flower of every UK commonwealth country was outstanding. She really took the spotlight off of herself and made it a ceremony about everyone. I'm sure she would have looked magnificent in any number of designs and I admire her choice to go with simplicity all the way, from her dress to her makeup to her jewelry (except that tiara of course... nothing wallflower about that one!). And can we just talk about all of the white flowers that adorned the interior and exterior of the church :geek2::kiss2::geek2::kiss2::geek2:. I love that special nod to Diana.

And I ADORED the Queen's ensemble!! I'd totally buy and wear that in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd smile while wearing it :roll::lol:. There were so many fabulous dresses and suits. I have to admit, that's really my favorite part of watching royal weddings... they really know how to dress up right for the occasions!!!

But speaking of smiles, does Victoria Beckham EVER smile? She always looks like there's dog poo under her nose.

I could have done without the preacher. Good gracious. If he'd stopped after 3-4 minutes it would have been fine, but what was it... 15 minutes?? :whistle: I personally was cringing by the end.

That rendition of "Stand By Me" was epic. So glorious and angelic. Loved loved it.

Those bridesmaids and page boys. I mean, what needs to be said. SOOOOOO adorable!!! Did you see the one girl bop the other on the head with her flowers on the way out? I burst out laughing.

Now, who wants to place the over/under for when the first tabloid reports that Meghan's pregnant?! :lol-2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being a Brit, we felt Bishop Michael was too TV evangelist and went on too long.

VB never smiles!

I was disappointed that the Queen didn’t appear to acknowledge Harry and sat looking like she’d been sucking on a bag of lemons. It would’ve gone a long way to making her seem more human if she’d smiled or given him a word of encouragement in public.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the first dress was the demure nod to Royal etiquette which btw apparently royal brides are not permitted to show naked shoulders or too much upper arms or cleavage.

This was once the way most brides got married in church (or in a synagogue) in the United States, too. It was certainly still this way when I was growing up, although by the time I was getting married things had started to change and some people had started to get married on the beach, etc.

AGBF

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VB never smiles!

I was disappointed that the Queen didn’t appear to acknowledge Harry and sat looking like she’d been sucking on a bag of lemons. It would’ve gone a long way to making her seem more human if she’d smiled or given him a word of encouragement in public.

As someone who suffers from resting b***h face, I do feel their pain, but yes, a little encouragement and enthusiasm from the Queen would have been nice. My husband sees her at Ascot and says she looks very jolly at horse-racing events!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results