Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
another reminder all old people where once young and beautiful
king-680x400.jpeg

the Queen looks like her sister the other Queen

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
the B&W picture naturally !
i think the other picture is something to do with the olympic sailing committee ?

At age 20 in 1960 The then Crown Prince at the Rome olympics winning a gold medal in sailing in the dragon class with 2 other sailors

EOE’s condolence announcement for the former King Constantine – He was an Olympic gold medalist in sailing – Newsbomb – News
EOE’s condolence announcement for the former King Constantine – He was an Olympic gold medalist in sailing – Newsbomb – News

EOE: THE former King Constantine he passed away at the age of 82, spreading sadness in the field of sports.

THE Constantine Glyxburg he was an Olympic gold medalist in sailing, as he climbed to the highest step of the podium in Rome in 1960.
With their crew Odysseus Eskitzoglouand George Zaimis with the boat “Nireas” gave Greece the first gold medal after his own Konstantinos Tsiklitirasin the length without a dress in 1912 in Stockholm.
THE Hellenic Olympic Committeethrough her statement, expressed her sadness for the exKing Constantine. Analytically:
“The Hellenic Olympic Committee expresses its great sadness at the death of the former King Constantine who passed away at the age of 82.
The former King, at the Olympic Games in Rome in 1960, won the gold medal in sailing, in the Dragon class, with the crew of Odysseus Eskitzoglou and Giorgos Zaimis, with the boat “Nireas”. It was the first gold medal won by Greece, after that of Constantinos Tsiklitiras in the long jump without wearing in 1912 in Stockholm. At the Rome Olympic Games, the then Crown Prince Constantine was also the Standard Bearer of the Greek team. At the same time, he had many successes and distinctions in international sailing competitions, while he continued to practice his favorite sport for many years.
He was the President of the Hellenic Olympic Committee from 1955 to 1964 and was subsequently awarded the title of Honorary President of the EOE for his great contribution to the Greek Olympic movement.
The former King Constantine was a member of the International Olympic Committee from 1963 to 1974 and soon after was awarded the title of Honorary Member of the IOC for his multifaceted contribution to the cultivation and dissemination of the Olympic ideal.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently he was great fun at parties too!

DK :confused2:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Apparently he was great fun at parties too!

DK :confused2:

He was, yes. He also knew a lot about the family history and has shared a lot of anecdotes over the years. The late King was my favourite in A Royal Family, a documentary series on the descendants of Christian IX.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
He was, yes. He also knew a lot about the family history and has shared a lot of anecdotes over the years. The late King was my favourite in A Royal Family, a documentary series on the descendants of Christian IX.

i just rewatched that last week when i couldnt sleep
it has Prince Micheal of Kent in it from our royal family
its a very good series if we are talking about the same thing

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
good news for tiara lovers
THe king (with the QUeen im assuming) has a state visit to France in March

opps better include a picture from a past state visit
maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder if Camilla will wear pieces from the vault for this visit (brooches, necklaces, etc). In the past 4 months she's been goot at avoiding anything worn by previous Queens.

Edit - I somehow forgot the sapphires! But what I really meant are Heirlooms of the Crown.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
in celeration of the twins (of Frederick and Mary) 12th birthday, school photos have been released
do they not have school uniform in Denmark ?
66408379-11614735-image-a-1_1673359539863.jpg

Princess Josephine
66408377-11614735-image-a-2_1673359544949.jpg

no jewlery on Prince Vincent but we cant have one without the other
the twins are 4th and 5th in line to the throne

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
in celeration of the twins (of Frederick and Mary) 12th birthday, school photos have been released

Princess Josephine

I don't think these are school photos. They look like studio shots and were taken by Jens Rosenfeldt // Rosenfeldt Fotografi.

Note how Josefine is embracing the princessy pearls from an early age ;-)

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
help !
i need an intervention
i have misplaced the remote so the tv was stuck on the channel playing a certain interveiw
so to tune it out i was browsing trade me (NZ E Bay) and i was looking at all the commemerative royal family china
its all from clear outs as the older generations downsize or go into homes
all nana's treasures that no one wants now :(2
so there was a couple of pieces from a NZ Oma .......... i may have just put a bid on a Willem-Alexander & Max mug :lol-2: (my first foreign royal piece if i get it )

and a $1 bid (postage $5) on a certain disgraced prince's pin plate (he was the boss of our regiment when i was in the army) i can shove him in the back with the Duke of Windsor, who's 'corrination' plate is hiding behind Queen Mary (for protection from the Queen mum :lol-2: )
and the franklyn mint plate $10 of Di's Elvis dress - or do i already own that :lol-2:

I just inherited a set of 6 commemorative Queen Elizabeth II Coronation glasses. Thanks mom.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The news about the King of Greece made me sad. It will be interesting to see how the styles may or may not change. I like the "Custodian of the Crown" idea. I wonder if Constantine will be referred to as Crown Prince.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Princess Josephine

They might allow students to wear what they want (within reason) for school picture day. These pictures look very similar to what I've seen from school pictures in my teaching career.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Princess Josephine

well i did get it from the gutter press :lol-2:
or maybe hello magazine which isnt that good at fact checking :angryfire:
the pearls were the first thing i noticed :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1673472027161.png its really hard work to plow through all the H&M 'news' to get to the other royals but i was rewarded for my effort with a brooch !
perhaps this is a regimantal badge ?
Anne is col-in chief of the royal logistics core whom she was visiting

1673471890869.png
the Princess Royal was visiting British troop speace keeping for the UN in Cyprus
1673471974740.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
1673472027161.png its really hard work to plow through all the H&M 'news' to get to the other royals but i was rewarded for my effort with a brooch !
perhaps this is a regimantal badge ?
Anne is col-in chief of the royal logistics core whom she was visiting

1673471890869.png
the Princess Royal was visiting British troop speace keeping for the UN in Cyprus
1673471974740.png

Yes, it's the badge of the Royal Logistic Corps 9sUpVXDSz5dApY28KzS46T.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just learnt something about Wallace that has moved her up one peg in my lowly opinion of her
Is this the damaged necklace?

Topic related - "Just Harry" has some cool bracelets I'd wear myself :)

Edit - found a better pic. Hope you don't mind me posting it @Daisys and Diamonds
prince-harry-william-broken-necklace~2.jpg
of course not @prince.of.preslav =)2 you are all good =)2
i think its sweet (a word i usually never use) they are related to his children, but hello ! everyone on this entire forum has had to have a loved piece fixed at one stage or another
My Gary is sick to the back teeth of the necklace story every time he looks at the news on the internet but i must admit i was curiouse to see it :lol-2:
me -im sick of the bridesmaid dresses - no dissprespect intended to all the wee cuties from the day

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
opps forgot pix of Wallace
TELEMMGLPICT000309407208_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwQs4v22exkdQdQ8HxtVl3Yw.jpeg

in 1970 something she said that writiing about the royal family was the most dreadful thing to do (it was in the exspress)
but i did just come accross this from the telegraph so i will be slightly kinder to the Dutchess from now on
The Duke did buy her the most fantastic jeweles
Wallis-Simpson-1169722.jpg

at least Queen Camila can leave her bling to her own daughter

which makes me wonder will Laura wear Cam's family tiara ? and what will Tom's wife wear ? But then i googled and saddly he is seperated from his wife
i also read once that Wallis was asked on which side did she want at the burial plot and she said the side by the tree because no one will put flowers on my grave so i will have autum leaves
......i mean i would be more sympathetic if it wasnt for the nazi issues
and Fergie has put flowers on her grave

Last edited:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds - I can say with all sincerity that you are one of my favourite people on PS. I very rarely post but just had to tell you that. You call a spade a spade but you also try to see the good in people. I didn't want to post in the "other" thread.

I love this thread and everyone's posts. It's my little escape and makes me smile. I have gained much knowledge of the various royal families because of this thread.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - I can say with all sincerity that you are one of my favourite people on PS. I very rarely post but just had to tell you that. You call a spade a spade but you also try to see the good in people. I didn't want to post in the "other" thread.

I love this thread and everyone's posts. It's my little escape and makes me smile. I have gained much knowledge of the various royal families because of this thread.

thank you @MJ_Mac
that's very kind of you to say =)2
i use royal jewles for stress releaf and i love history, not that i can ever remember it at the right time
i cant wait for the corrination - although i still miss the Queen, but he accesion of King Charles has just so interesting constittionally (excuse spelling)

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you @MJ_Mac
that's very kind of you to say =)2
i use royal jewles for stress releaf and i love history, not that i can ever remember it at the right time
i cant wait for the corrination - although i still miss the Queen, but he accesion of King Charles has just so interesting constittionally (excuse spelling)

I still miss Queen Elizabeth too. I am looking forward to the coronation but it will be bittersweet. I'll get gussied up and wear my pearls and sparkly brooch.

My biggest thrill was when I saw HM, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh when they were in our city for HM's unveiling of the cornerstone for the soon to be built Canadian Museum for Human Rights. It was that day when I realized what an absolute grueling life of service they endured at times. It was the hottest day of the year, we had over 90% humidity and were under a tornado watch. I watched sitting from the front row as HM stood on the stage in the heat. I was hoping she wasn't going to pass out from heat exhaustion.

Never apologize about your spelling Daisys.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought I should attach a picture from that day. I’ve included the photographer credit.

954DF1FA-D276-403F-8231-F2C5B09DB5B0.jpeg The Queen arrives at the site for the Canadian Museum of Human Rights in Winnipeg, Canada.CREDIT: Chris Jackson-Pool/Getty Images

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results