shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HM is out of the ICU now, so your prayers may have helped :)

I believe he missed both the memorial service for the late DoE and the late QEII's funeral due to ill health and could not travel.

Get well soon HM, as I have heard he is fun to be with.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OT alert...

Outfit for a red, white and blue theme party at the Coronation weekend sorted!

New red top to be made which I can wear another day; blue sash to be ordered probably with "Coronation of Charles III" printed on it, and I might pin it down with a brooch to please @Daisys and Diamonds; and one of my white pearls.

There will be a sparkly Alice band or tiara too!

DK :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
7564381541308d31476ff44820e03843a7c82186.jpg

hard to see the braclete but that is one handsome prince
GettyImages-900826470%201.jpg
GettyImages-900826602%201.jpg
Queen Margrethe of Denmark (L), Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary during the Queen's Traditional New Year's Banquet for foreign diplomats hosted by the Queen at Christiansborg Palace on January 3, 2018 in Copenhagen, Denmark
queenmaryburd-z.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
danish-royal-family-t.jpg

not sure when this pix is from
but is Mary wearing he daisy brooch ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
danish-royal-family-t.jpg

not sure when this pix is from
but is Mary wearing he daisy brooch ?

No, although it is not very clear when magnified, I believe it has spikey petals (if it is a flower brooch) rather than rounded petals as seen in HM's daisy brooch, IMHO.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
looking like anyone's mum and dad the King and Queen with the CP.
Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia of Sweden and Crown Princess Victoria attend the annual Folk och Försvar Conference (Society and Defence Conference) in the village of Salen

66325229-11611911-image-m-2_1673190319499.jpg

but there was at least some jewlery
66325221-11611911-The_Swedish_royal_opted_for_a_trendy_oversized_grey_check_single-a-12_1673192584104.jpg
66325227-11611911-image-m-6_1673190471658.jpg

it looks cold

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princess Charlene of Monaco appeared in high spirits as she travelled to Fort Lauderdale in the US with Prince Albert
very hard to see if HSH is wearing earrings but that could be a brooch?
1673218014229.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might have been too hot to wear one around her neck?

actually i was googerling Zara and saw her at polo
tut tut tut
the NZ woman's cricket team wear nice pearl studs and gold jewlery durring matches
you have to take my word because i watch with an eagle (or maybe maagpie) eye when its on tv

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain marked the country's Epiphany Day with a military parade followed by a reception at Madrid's Zarzuela Palace
Pictured with Spain's Prime Minister, Pedro Sanchez, Defense Minister, Margarita Robles and Home Minister, Fernando Grande Marlaska

66266689-11606551-Donning_a_daring_form_fitting_gown_from_Spanish_designer_Felipe_-a-4_1673016139167.jpg
only earrings on the Queen of Spain
66266673-11606551-After_the_military_parade_the_couple_headed_inside_the_palace_wh-a-5_1673016139311.jpg
66266685-11606551-Letizia_sported_a_healthy_glow_this_morning_enhanced_by_just_a_d-a-1_1673016138881.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
help !
i need an intervention
i have misplaced the remote so the tv was stuck on the channel playing a certain interveiw
so to tune it out i was browsing trade me (NZ E Bay) and i was looking at all the commemerative royal family china
its all from clear outs as the older generations downsize or go into homes
all nana's treasures that no one wants now :(2
so there was a couple of pieces from a NZ Oma .......... i may have just put a bid on a Willem-Alexander & Max mug :lol-2: (my first foreign royal piece if i get it )

and a $1 bid (postage $5) on a certain disgraced prince's pin plate (he was the boss of our regiment when i was in the army) i can shove him in the back with the Duke of Windsor, who's 'corrination' plate is hiding behind Queen Mary (for protection from the Queen mum :lol-2: )
and the franklyn mint plate $10 of Di's Elvis dress - or do i already own that :lol-2:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
help !
i need an intervention
i have misplaced the remote so the tv was stuck on the channel playing a certain interveiw
so to tune it out i was browsing trade me (NZ E Bay) and i was looking at all the commemerative royal family china
its all from clear outs as the older generations downsize or go into homes
all nana's treasures that no one wants now :(2
so there was a couple of pieces from a NZ Oma .......... i may have just put a bid on a Willem-Alexander & Max mug :lol-2: (my first foreign royal piece if i get it )

and a $1 bid (postage $5) on a certain disgraced prince's pin plate (he was the boss of our regiment when i was in the army) i can shove him in the back with the Duke of Windsor, who's 'corrination' plate is hiding behind Queen Mary (for protection from the Queen mum :lol-2: )
and the franklyn mint plate $10 of Di's Elvis dress - or do i already own that :lol-2:

I hope you find the remote LOL
My first Royal memorabilia is a tea spoon also from WA and Maxima's wedding - 02.02.02

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
OT alert...

Outfit for a red, white and blue theme party at the Coronation weekend sorted!

New red top to be made which I can wear another day; blue sash to be ordered probably with "Coronation of Charles III" printed on it, and I might pin it down with a brooch to please @Daisys and Diamonds; and one of my white pearls.

There will be a sparkly Alice band or tiara too!

DK :lol-2:

Tiara. Go for the tiara. This is the first coronation in 70 years. Go Big!!!!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiara. Go for the tiara. This is the first coronation in 70 years. Go Big!!!!!!!

A tiara should be fine for the Friday's red, white and blue themed party, as it specifies one can even be king or queen for the night; hence the idea of the sash.

I may wear a red top, for the sash to be red, white and blue.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm buying a coronet for the Coronation! I just need to find a good one at a reasonable price before 6th May.

Try Etsy, not sure what you meant by "reasonable price" though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have this fake pearl choker i have had since 1989
4 strands of wired small pearls and a big central mabe pearl element
it is on 'gold' wire and is open at the back
i used to wear it under the collar of my shirt cameo style
once i wore it to a fancy dress party accross my forhead upside down as a midieval princess and Gary went as Braveheart
i may also wander around the house in it :lol-2:

i have always wanted to have it made with real pearls
gold is out of the question but im thinking silver wire would be afforadable

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
King Constantine II of Greece, the last monarch of modern Greece, has sadly passed away at the age of 82 in Athens, after spending just over a week in hospital for respiratory problems.
The future King was born in 1940 as the second of three children of Crown Prince Paul and Crown Princess Frederiki and went on to win a gold medal in sailing at the 1960 Olympics. Four years later and shortly after the untimely death of his father, he married the pretty Danish Princess Anne-Marie. They had five children together - Alexia, Pavlos, Nicholaos, Theodora and Philippos.
After being exiled in 1967, the family settled in Rome, then made the UK their home for over 40 years. It was less than 10 years ago that they settled back in Greece, in a beautiful house in Porto Heli.
The King had an impressive ancestry and even more impressive royal connections. His sister Sofia is married to King Juan-Carlos of Spain and his sister-in-law is Denmark's Queen Margrethe II. Former King Michael of Romania was a first cousin, as was the head of the House of Hanover, Prince Ernst-August. The King was a close friend of King Charles III (a second cousin) for many years and is one of the godfathers of his eldest son, the current Prince of Wales.

The King will be missed by his large family, some of his former subjects and friends all over the world. May he rest in peace!
6f6903494f36d4dc2e57441ab8384303.jpg main-qimg-06df7abd2082367cbbedf007a5f0a8fe-lq.jpeg
47the wedding-7082612-_zpsf686b25f.jpg 0_GettyImages-52114963.jpg queen-elizabeth-ii-king-constantine-ii-4449698.jpg KING-1.jpg constantine-alexios-anne-marie-constantin-ii-mariage-933x1400.jpg ABCD2A94-5B6E-4817-98B4-EE7280525C99.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
portrate for the golden jubilee in Sweden

WEBB_2023_HM_Konungen_Foto_Thron_Ullberg_KunglHovstaterna.jpg

The photograph was taken by Thron Ullberg in the Hall of State at the Royal Palace in Stockholm. It was in this room that The King's enthronement ceremony took place in September 1973, during which The King announced his motto: 'For Sweden – With the Times
The photograph shows The King standing next to the magnificent Silver Throne. The throne was a gift from state councillor Magnus Gabriel De la Gardie to Queen Kristina on the occasion of her coronation at Stockholm Cathedral in 1650. Today, the Silver Throne is a symbol of the Swedish monarchy, and is regarded as one of the nation's emblems of dignity.
In the portrait, The King wears his admiral's uniform with the highest ranks of all the Swedish Orders of Chivalry. The outermost is the chain of the Order of the Seraphim, followed by the chains of the Order of the Sword, the Order of the Polar Star and the Order of Vasa. Around his neck, The King wears the Grand Commander of the Danish Order of the Dannebrog, an order that is only awarded to the closest relations of the Danish monarch. The Swedish and Norwegian royal commemorative medals can also be seen below the chains of the orders.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i try to be kind to Fergie so will include her here
sarah-ferguson-t.jpg

sarah-ferguson-outfit-z.jpg

she at least has a sense of humor and never stops trying if not always successeding, to do the right thing

she carried a slogan tote bag that featured the words "Left my Louis [Vuitton] at home".

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The new Head of the Greek Royal House, Crown Prince Pavlos
the-exiled-crown-prince-pavlos-of-greece-and-his-new-wife-news-photo-1656345983.jpg crown-prince-pavlos-net-worth-1663183957413.jpg
Philippos+Greece+Wedding+Athens+xojR0ZmutV6x.jpg

As it happens, yesterday was the anniversary of Crown Prince Paul and Crown Princess Frederiki's wedding in 1938.
5cdcd0571da57.image.jpg a781c1eccf761f4751dee1466e102caa--prince-paul-greek-royal-family.jpg

what do we call him ?
as the monachy was disposed do we just call him Crown prince forever ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results