shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I know ! Boo hiss
Im trying to find coverage of the actual service and all i see is Andrew Andrew Andrew ...then no Harry

The press coverage that ive seen so far is pretty p*ss poor
Minimal of the foreign royals
Id also like to know who some of the other people where

I'm also wondering how much of the British Nobility was there...like Duke of Norfolk, Duke of Westminister, etc. I haven't been able to find anything. All the articles on "guest list" stop after about 50 guests.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm also wondering how much of the British Nobility was there...like Duke of Norfolk, Duke of Westminister, etc. I haven't been able to find anything. All the articles on "guest list" stop after about 50 guests.

Exactly
Also id like to see Philip's side of the family
(im trying tp remember how much of the Bowes-Lyon's we saw at the Queen mum's funeral)
I would think one of those big glossy non gossipy exspensive English mags will have good pictures - in about 6 months by the time they get here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's Lady Hussey, the Queen's most senior living lady-in-waiting. She's also one of William's godmothers. Princess Alexandra was abroad, it has been revealed.

Re. Monaco - I had the same thought! I guess it's an attempt by Albert to make Charlene wear a tiara as Queen Consort of Monaco :D

See you are so much more reliable than the gutter press !
Thank you
and i do hope Lady Hussey gets better soon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Andrew, personally I believe HM put her foot down and insisted for him to attend; and taking his arm for support is her personal way to say he is still very much part of her immediate much-loved family etc...

DK :))

I think as a mother (the Queen not me) that's perfectly understandable
I think although she is always the Queen, just occasionally she is a wife and mother (and grandmother) first

On reflection the public were not fare to her or her bereaved grandsons when they insisted she come back to London after Diana's death, she was being a granny to those in much need

Perhaps she needed Andrew to lean on in more than just a physical sence yesterday
He may now be a bad person who had done bad things with young ladies who where too young, but he's still at the end of the day his mum's son and she must still love him as most mothers still would

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

I've wondered about the (non-royal) noble guests, too. If any attended, it would've been because of their personal connection to the Duke and Queen. The Duke of Norfolk may have attended as Earl Marshal, a hereditary court position he holds and the eighth of the Great Officers of State. Another noble atendee might've been the Marquess of Cholmondeley as Lord Great Chamberlain. Natalia, Duchess of Westminster is a relative the two families were/are close. The Duke of Abercorn's late wife was Natalia's sister and may have been in attendance (or some of their kids).

Among the other noble relations that certainly attended were the Countess Mountbatten of Burma (who had a prominent seat) and the Marquis and Marchioness of Milford Haven. Both families descend from Princess Victoria of Hesse, who was Prince Philip's grandmother.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The day after the Service at WA, Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands with the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended a reception for the Anglo-Netherlands Society at Kensington Palace.
The Palace has Dutch connections of its own, having been the home of King William III and Queen Mary II. The King was also Stadtholder of Holland. The Duchess of Gloucester, who's maiden name was van Deurs, has Dutch ancestry.

The former Dutch Queen wore one of the brooches and bracelet from Queen Wilhelmina's Borneo diamond set, while her British hostess wore pearls and emeralds from Queen Mary's collection (and Art Deco rocky crystal clips).
1648738340005.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Swedish Royal Court has released new glittering photos of the Royal ladies!
220329-HMD-LindaBroström_KunglHovstaterna_sRGB1.jpg
220329-KRPR-LindaBroström_KunglHovstaterna_sRGB1.jpg
220329-PRS-LindaBroström_KunglHovstaterna_sRGB.jpg
220329-PRM-LindaBroström_KunglHovstaterna_sRGB.jpg

In a sweet three generation photo we also have Princess Estelle's first mini tiara moment <3
22029_3generation-Foto-Thron-Ullberg_KunglHovtaterna.sRGB.jpg

*Linda Broström/The Royal Court of Sweden
*Photo: Thron Ullberg/The Royal Court of Sweden

The full album, including the informal shots can be seen HERE

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last night three royal sisters attended the 10th and final presentation of the Queen Ingrid’s Honorary Scholarship.
1648459787279.png

Queen Margrethe II, Queen Anne Marie and Princess Benedikte wore heirloom jewels from their beloved mother to mark the occasion:
1648458074689.png
1648458088988.png
1648458098571.png

You can see the jewels in action here: https://fb.watch/c1cQL1nBsP/

A close of of Queen Anne-Marie and her jewels. The earrings were Queen Ingrid's, the brooch is if unknown provenance.
20220327_lhl7013.jpg~2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And again Queen Anne-Marie, this time at the service in WA. Note the sapphire/ruby cuff. This type of bracelets is very typical for the Greek royals and there are a lot of of them among the Greek Royal descendants. Queen Sofia wears hers a lot and a beautiful emerald cuff belonged to Princess Olga of Yugoslavia.
The star, sapphire cocktail ring is also nice.
_wen8210.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I think as a mother (the Queen not me) that's perfectly understandable
I think although she is always the Queen, just occasionally she is a wife and mother (and grandmother) first

On reflection the public were not fare to her or her bereaved grandsons when they insisted she come back to London after Diana's death, she was being a granny to those in much need

Perhaps she needed Andrew to lean on in more than just a physical sence yesterday
He may now be a bad person who had done bad things with young ladies who where too young, but he's still at the end of the day his mum's son and she must still love him as most mothers still would

Perhaps Andrew will become the son to look after the Queen behind the scenes from now on...check on her every day, have lunch with her, etc. while Charles, Anne, Edward, and William take care of the official duties

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

In a sweet three generation photo we also have Princess Estelle's first mini tiara moment <3

Victoria looks every inch a queen! Estelle looks lovely!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I doubt if many were there unless they are part of the extended family as it was first and foremost a family affair.

Most of the European royals who attended have ties with DoE and HM the Queen as far as I am aware.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps Andrew will become the son to look after the Queen behind the scenes from now on...check on her every day, have lunch with her, etc. while Charles, Anne, Edward, and William take care of the official duties

I don't think anybody should find fault with that
and purely from a practical view point Andrew does have a lot of free time on his hands

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That photo of the king and his heirs is my favourite

Like the ones of UK with 4 generations: HM, PoW and DoC watching Prince George attempting to bake/make something.

So cute!

Brigid

Shiny_Rock

Beautiful photos, the Swedish Royal ladies look absolutely stunning!
Thanks for sharing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Sofia is in New York and attended the presentation of the Electronic Biographical Dictionary Of The Royal Academy Of History.

She wore a lovely carved gem floral basket brooch and a pearl/gold rope twisted around her neck:
1648805398797.png
1648805409344.png

Ive always thought HM is so lovelly
i remenber her from the 80s

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang !
I didn't sleep well last night and was surfing the web from my pillow
I saw something and thought
Ill remember to post that tomorrow

Nope
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queen Sofia is in New York and attended the presentation of the Electronic Biographical Dictionary Of The Royal Academy Of History.

She wore a lovely carved gem floral basket brooch and a pearl/gold rope twisted around her neck:
1648805398797.png
1648805409344.png

Wow, that's a classic and classy yet totally trendy #Neckmess... Plus I spy van Cleef and arpels' sweet Alhambra pavé WG necklace:appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have finally found the link on u tube for Prince Philip's thanksgiving service
I know this is a jewel thread but i thought some of us who don't live in the UK and don't have free access to the BBC may have wanted to have watched it
Only a few minutes in they show the front row of his family, which is interesting to see

He is still my favourite royal

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
At least the BBC didn't interrupt the actual service with cocumentary but unfortunately when the foreign monarchs came in they were yapping to two newspaper junos :angryfire:

At one stage durring the service a huge flash off Zarah's ER
Got a better look at Saphie's hat - it was more a head band with a huge bow on the back
her daughter lady Louise has inherited the good looks of both sides of her family

the Queen did not look frail
She looked good - especially well for a recently widowed older person
Princess Ann's hubby is tall !

Anyway it was a very nice service
nice to see the older great grandkiddies

And the Duke of Kent looked a lot better than i first feared

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG thank goodness they dont sent people to the tower for head removal any longer
I misspelled lovelly Sophie Wessex and also Zara
Sorry ladies

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's tiara o'clock, my friends!

This week the Dutch royals hosted the President and First Lady of India for a state visit. There was a white tie dinner on the first evening and the Orange-Nassau ladies sparkled in the family gems.
Queen Maxima wore pieces from Queen Juliana's aquamarine collection of jewels, namely the tiara, bracelet and brooches (one used as belt buckle, not pictured) and her model drop earrings.
gettyimages-1239774891-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1239774891-2048x2048~3.jpg

Princess Beatrix also attended and opted for some mouthwatering pearls from the family vault.
FPm4L0RX0AYlwb_.jpeg

Last night, their friends in Sweden hosted the annual Representation dinner (the first since 2019, mind you) and the Bernadotte ladies brought out their A game!
Queen Silvia donned the mighty Leuchtenber sapphire parure
kungamidd-top-tt-22-8369170~2.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria repeated a look often seen on her beloved late great-aunt Lilian with the Boucheron tiara and corsage necklace. Also the floral earrings and ruby brooch.
sdlaquhm2f5vj8-nh-1-8369243 (1).jpg

Princess Sofia once again dazzled in her wedding tiara (open setting) with emerald earrings reportedly from Queen Silvia and one of the family's pearl drop brooches.
sdlhew5pgk90eq-nh-1-8369189.jpg

Princess Christina was also there and wore her current go-to tiara and pearl jewels.
sdls6hep64lag8-nh-8369320~2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zara at i think the grand national (im not into horse racing as much as i love horses)
Very nice earings
1649555267345.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have we had Queen Letizia of Spain and Prince Charles visiting the Spanish gallery at Auckland castle
I like HM's ear climbers, after all the trouble ive had with my piercings i see the pros

Attachments

• 1649555364794.png
    1649555364794.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 15

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the Princess Royal and her hubbie just arrived in Aussie for the Easter show so hopefully we will find something pretty to post in the next few days
So meantime i thought id Google up a random picture of Ann and her dad and wouldn't you know it the handbag strap is obscuring her brooch

prince-philip-princess-anne-walking-z-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results