shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1648356811394335078168.jpg download.jpeg
Last day of the tour

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
As always my partner in crime @prince.of.preslav will provide better photos and details shorty...

I wasn't going to, but since you asked... Personally, I found the last leg of the tour the most boring jewellery-wise.
gettyimages-1387883133-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1387801897-2048x2048~2.jpg

And it's over now. Wills and Kate are back home with the kids and we'll see them again next week at the Service of Thanksgiving for the life of the Duke of Edinburgh on Tuesday.
gettyimages-1387881147-2048x2048~3.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn't going to, but since you asked... Personally, I found the last leg of the tour the most boring jewellery-wise.
gettyimages-1387883133-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1387801897-2048x2048~2.jpg

And it's over now. Wills and Kate are back home with the kids and we'll see them again next week at the Service of Thanksgiving for the life of the Duke of Edinburgh on Tuesday.
gettyimages-1387881147-2048x2048~3.jpg

The jrwlery was underwelmimg agreed
I was even craving a kikki or three
Maybe Kate needs an every day necklace like Cam's golden kiwi ?

I think the highlight was the emeralds and the dragonfly but i did like seeing the bangle and bracletes

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked in a few days ago, but I have not been able to keep up with this thread. Has anyone been posting about the lawsuit filed by Umberto II's children who want to regain possession of the jewels of the House of Savoy?

"They are trying to recover what, according to the king’s inventory note to the bank and newspaper photographs published in 1957, is a three-tray box containing 14 pieces. 'It is the group of the most important jewels of the House of Savoy, which the consort queen wore during formal receptions,' said Stefano Papi, a jewelry historian. He and Princess Maria Gabriella wrote the book 'Jewelry of the House of Savoy,' published in 2007 in the United States.

The piece considered the most important, he said, is a tiara composed of diamond-studded swirls crossed by a chain of round pearls and decorated with 11 drop-shaped pearls at the top and large round pearls at the bottom. It was made by Savoy’s court jeweler, Musy Padre e Figli in Turin, the Savoy family’s hometown.
The tiara echoes the style of another one belonging to the Savoy family that was sold at Sotheby’s in Geneva in May 2021 for 1.47 million Swiss francs ($1.6 million).

The Savoy cache also includes two diamond bracelets; a knot brooch set with a rose-colored diamond; and a double-strand chain (the metal was not specified in the king’s inventory) with knots resembling the Savoy knot, the house’s emblem.

Mr. Papi said the jewelry was last seen in public when worn by Queen Elena of Montenegro, who had received them for safekeeping after the assassination of her father-in-law, King Umberto I, in 1900. They were stored in various places over the years, including a tunnel in central Rome during World War II, and after the war were moved to a safe in the Quirinale Palace, the royal family’s official residence."

Queen Elena of Montenegro wearing a diamond and pearl tiara and a knot brooch, both part of the disputed House of Savoy collection, in 1900

Attachments

• 1900_elena_of_montenegro_qu.jpg
    1900_elena_of_montenegro_qu.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked in a few days ago, but I have not been able to keep up with this thread. Has anyone been posting about the lawsuit filed by Umberto II's children who want to regain possession of the jewels of the House of Savoy?

"They are trying to recover what, according to the king’s inventory note to the bank and newspaper photographs published in 1957, is a three-tray box containing 14 pieces. 'It is the group of the most important jewels of the House of Savoy, which the consort queen wore during formal receptions,' said Stefano Papi, a jewelry historian. He and Princess Maria Gabriella wrote the book 'Jewelry of the House of Savoy,' published in 2007 in the United States.

The piece considered the most important, he said, is a tiara composed of diamond-studded swirls crossed by a chain of round pearls and decorated with 11 drop-shaped pearls at the top and large round pearls at the bottom. It was made by Savoy’s court jeweler, Musy Padre e Figli in Turin, the Savoy family’s hometown.
The tiara echoes the style of another one belonging to the Savoy family that was sold at Sotheby’s in Geneva in May 2021 for 1.47 million Swiss francs ($1.6 million).

The Savoy cache also includes two diamond bracelets; a knot brooch set with a rose-colored diamond; and a double-strand chain (the metal was not specified in the king’s inventory) with knots resembling the Savoy knot, the house’s emblem.

Mr. Papi said the jewelry was last seen in public when worn by Queen Elena of Montenegro, who had received them for safekeeping after the assassination of her father-in-law, King Umberto I, in 1900. They were stored in various places over the years, including a tunnel in central Rome during World War II, and after the war were moved to a safe in the Quirinale Palace, the royal family’s official residence."

Queen Elena of Montenegro wearing a diamond and pearl tiara and a knot brooch, both part of the disputed House of Savoy collection, in 1900

I think the court jewlery did a piece recently on them?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

The claim was mentioned a few pages ago, yes. So far, I haven't heard more news about this, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the Savoy jewels. I'm sure they are valuable, but I wonder how the decades of neglect and unfavorable conditions have affected the treasure trove, particularly the pears?

The double-strand chain is made of diamonds ;-)
1648457649310.png

The chain and other jewels in their cassette in the Bank of Italy
1648457687111.png

The elaborate diamond collet necklace worn by Queen Elena is also part of the Crown Jewels.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last night three royal sisters attended the 10th and final presentation of the Queen Ingrid’s Honorary Scholarship.
1648459787279.png

Queen Margrethe II, Queen Anne Marie and Princess Benedikte wore heirloom jewels from their beloved mother to mark the occasion:
1648458074689.png
1648458088988.png
1648458098571.png

You can see the jewels in action here: https://fb.watch/c1cQL1nBsP/

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The claim was mentioned a few pages ago, yes. So far, I haven't heard more news about this, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the Savoy jewels. I'm sure they are valuable, but I wonder how the decades of neglect and unfavorable conditions have affected the treasure trove, particularly the pears?

The double-strand chain is made of diamonds ;-)
1648457649310.png

The chain and other jewels in their cassette in the Bank of Italy
1648457687111.png

The elaborate diamond collet necklace worn by Queen Elena is also part of the Crown Jewels.

I read it quickly the other day, and I can't remember the name of the individual, but I was surprised when the representative from(I think)Bulgari said that he was surprised that the jewels were as modest as they were for the entire collection, and thought they had less monetary or intrinsic value and that their worth was more historical/sentimental!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I read it quickly the other day, and I can't remember the name of the individual, but I was surprised when the representative from(I think)Bulgari said that he was surprised that the jewels were as modest as they were for the entire collection, and thought they had less monetary or intrinsic value and that their worth was more historical/sentimental!

True, it's not a huge collection. I don't know know about the quality of the stones, but some of them look big and nice.
It should be noted that these were the 'official' jewels, associated with the theatre of state. The Savoys owned some great pieces (their great emeralds and pearls come to mind) of high value and still retain nice ones. The jewels left in the Bank of Italy 'to be returned to the rightful owners' were created just after the reunification of Italy, so that the Queen had enough jewels to shine as the first lady of the new nation. That is, she needed more of the good stuff than the titular Duchess of Parma and Queen of the Two Sicilies.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Last night three royal sisters attended the 10th and final presentation of the Queen Ingrid’s Honorary Scholarship.
1648459787279.png

Queen Margrethe II, Queen Anne Marie and Princess Benedikte wore heirloom jewels from their beloved mother to mark the occasion:
1648458074689.png
1648458088988.png
1648458098571.png

You can see the jewels in action here: https://fb.watch/c1cQL1nBsP/

Now that's how to wear a brooch !
Take note all younger royal ladies inline to inherit mega brooches

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kind of off on a tangent
I saw this on trade me (NZ ebay)
No ... im not buying it
I have way too much already and its a tin not a plate Screenshot_20220328-135126.png
But i was excitted to see the Queen mum's tiara

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
But i did buy this one from the salvation army today
She was calling to me
"Dont leave me here Nicky"

And she is just so pretty 20220329_181742.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know how to watch Prince Philip's thanksgiving service if one doesn't live in the uk ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes it trully sux living at the bottom of the world

Ive seen the royals arrive and leave but not the service itself
Waiting on u tube

i havnt seen HM yet

But my - isnt lady Louise beautiful
And a brooch and a necklace!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes it trully sux living at the bottom of the world

Ive seen the royals arrive and leave but not the service itself
Waiting on u tube

i havnt seen HM yet

But my - isnt lady Louise beautiful
And a brooch and a necklace!

It turned out I don't have the BBC as part of my bundle either, so I had to stream the service and only saw the arrivals up to HM and The Duke of York.

But I've managed to find a few pics with details of the jewels.

HM The Queen in the Grima brooch, a present from the Duke of Edinburgh
gettyimages-1388373774-2048x2048~2.jpg

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall in the Riffles cap badge. The Duke handed over his role in the Riffles in his last public engagement and the Duchess wore the badge at his funeral last year.
gettyimages-1239587359-2048x2048~2.jpg

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge in the Collingwood pearl earrings
gettyimages-1388375285-2048x2048~2.jpg

HRH The Countess of Wessex wore her rose brooch, cross pendant and swirl earrings
gettyimages-1239587403-2048x2048~2.jpg

As noted, Lady Louse wore the whip brooch (as at the funeral) and a silver tone heart pendant gettyimages-1239588207-2048x2048~2.jpg

HRH the Princess Royal with a crown brooch and pearls
gettyimages-1388375007-2048x2048~2.jpg

The Duchess of Gloucester with her large SS pearl necklace, pearl drop earrings (from Pss Alice) and especially for the Pricescope community a fob chain with Victorian pendant
gettyimages-1388355464-2048x2048~2.jpg

Princess Michael of Kent wore a pearl and bead multi strand necklace and pearl and diamond button earrings
gettyimages-1239587211-2048x2048~2.jpg gettyimages-1388353075-2048x2048~2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now to the foreign guests...or only the ones worth mentioning

Queen Margrethe II wore her mourning brooch, while Princess Beatrix donned her two-tone gold bead necklace and floral earrings
1648568006038.jpeg
1648568018871.jpeg
1648568048932.png

Queen Maxima's grey pearls
1648568095346.jpeg

Queen Mathilde wore some of the best jewels - a seed pearl choker and pearl drop earrings from Queen Fabiola
1648568124693.jpeg

The Countess Mountbatten of Burma, who was a close friend to the late Duke, wore some lovely amethyst and diamond earrings and brooch in antique setting
1648568244136.jpeg

King Carl XVI Gustaf was joined by Queen Silvia and Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson (a lovely surprise). Prince Philip's aunt was married to their grandfather. Both Swedish royal ladies wore pearls.
1648568387074.png

Margareta, Custodian of the Crown of Romania also donned classic pearl jewels and a daisy brooch (her name translates to Daisy in English) which might or might not be by Danish brand Georg Jansen. Her father, King Michai, and Prince Philip were childhood pals and were even born in the same year.
1648569813720.png

*Queen Anne-Marie was also present with her eldest and youngest sons and their wives. She wore an anchor brooch, possibly a nod to the Duke's time in the Royal Navy and Greek royal heritage (Greece being a maritime country). Sadly, no good pics of her have been released.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A video of the royal guests (domestic and foreign) leaving the Abbey. Not so good for jewelry spotting, but nice enough if you want to see them interact with one another and actually move.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I was not able to watch anything or even find out if there was coverage...it's a full day of combined gas laws, tennis practice, and tutorials for gas stoichiometry. Now that's lunch, I'm checking Daily Mail, Court Jeweller, and Pricescope for pictures...and I am not disappointed. The picture of HM with tears in her eyes just about did me in though. Love the tribute with the Grima brooch!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the coverage - I've been working and completely forgotten about the service!

DK :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few Wessex close ups and a bonus guest

1648567497917.png 1648567528424.png
1648567556675.png

Lady Sarah Chatto - I think the brooch is from her mother, like the rest of the jewels
1648567623321.png

Lady Sarah doesn't look quite right
I hope she's ok
I did spy the feather at 2am watching u tube of the arrival and departures
You have done a great job with the photos
Thank yoo so much

I also thought Princess Micheal didn't lool well - i think she has long covid but she looked so stiff and sore
The Queen's cousins all looked older now
The Duke of Kent and Prince Micheal especially?
Do you know who the lady with the Duke of Kent was ? Was she a daughter

I have this photo but i will need to get my loup out to read the fine print!
55961375-10663365-image-m-2_1648575307116.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now to the foreign guests...or only the ones worth mentioning

Queen Margrethe II wore her mourning brooch, while Princess Beatrix donned her two-tone gold bead necklace and floral earrings
1648568006038.jpeg
1648568018871.jpeg
1648568048932.png

Queen Maxima's grey pearls
1648568095346.jpeg

Queen Mathilde wore some of the best jewels - a seed pearl choker and pearl drop earrings from Queen Fabiola
1648568124693.jpeg

The Countess Mountbatten of Burma, who was a close friend to the late Duke, wore some lovely amethyst and diamond earrings and brooch in antique setting
1648568244136.jpeg

King Carl XVI Gustaf was joined by Queen Silvia and Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson (a lovely surprise). Prince Philip's aunt was married to their grandfather. Both Swedish royal ladies wore pearls.
1648568387074.png

Margareta, Custodian of the Crown of Romania also donned classic pearl jewels and a daisy brooch (her name translates to Daisy in English) which might or might not be by Danish brand Georg Jansen. Her father, King Michai, and Prince Philip were childhood pals and were even born in the same year.
1648569813720.png

*Queen Anne-Marie was also present with her eldest and youngest sons and their wives. She wore an anchor brooch, possibly a nod to the Duke's time in the Royal Navy and Greek royal heritage (Greece being a maritime country). Sadly, no good pics of her have been released.

Lovelly pearls
Princess Bestrix is so short conspired to her DIL
I enjoyed seeing the Swedish pearls also - very modern and youthful i thought

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sad to see HM looking so frail and understandably upset at the ceremony, and all the press want to focus on was that Andrew was there! :evil:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sad to see HM looking so frail and understandably upset at the ceremony, and all the press want to focus on was that Andrew was there! :evil:

I know ! Boo hiss
Im trying to find coverage of the actual service and all i see is Andrew Andrew Andrew ...then no Harry

The press coverage that ive seen so far is pretty p*ss poor
Minimal of the foreign royals
Id also like to know who some of the other people where

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
[...]

I also thought Princess Micheal didn't lool well - i think she has long covid but she looked so stiff and sore

[...]

Yes, it was rather sad to see them aged so much in the last couple of years... But also impressive that the Duke of Kent still stands straight at 86, even if also has mobility issues!
The lady with his was Lady St Andrews, his eldest son's wife. Lord St Andrews arrived with one of their daughters. I suppose Princess Alexandra would've been in the car, had she attended.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found Princess Alexandra while still looking for watchable footage of the service
I hope what ever is wrong with that foot, that its getting better

1648603809215.png 1648603809215.png
Lady Sarah doesn't look quite right
I hope she's ok
I did spy the feather at 2am watching u tube of the arrival and departures
You have done a great job with the photos
Thank yoo so much

I have this photo but i will need to get my loup out to read the fine print!
55961375-10663365-image-m-2_1648575307116.jpg

Since when did Monaco have a king

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I found Princess Alexandra while still looking for watchable footage of the service
I hope what ever is wrong with that foot, that its getting better

1648603809215.png 1648603809215.png

Since when did Monaco have a king

That's Lady Hussey, the Queen's most senior living lady-in-waiting. She's also one of William's godmothers. Princess Alexandra was abroad, it has been revealed.

Re. Monaco - I had the same thought! I guess it's an attempt by Albert to make Charlene wear a tiara as Queen Consort of Monaco :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's Lady Hussey, the Queen's most senior living lady-in-waiting. She's also one of William's godmothers. Princess Alexandra was abroad, it has been revealed.

Re. Monaco - I had the same thought! I guess it's an attempt by Albert to make Charlene wear a tiara as Queen Consort of Monaco :D

Phew, thanks for the clarification as I was scratching my head thinking that's not Princess Alexandra!

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Andrew, personally I believe HM put her foot down and insisted for him to attend; and taking his arm for support is her personal way to say he is still very much part of her immediate much-loved family etc...

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results