color
clarity

Royal Jewels

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
wow!This one is beautiful,shining,shining^^ :appl:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
OK, it seem nobody was impressed by my ideal collection, or at least no body bothered to reply...
Anyway, here's what the Danish royal family showed us a cople of nights ago at the State Banquet:
- The central part of the diamond aigrette for Margrethe II, with the riviere, the long antique diamond earrings and small brooch (a pretty standard look)
- The Crown Princess opted for her wedding tiara with smaller aquamarine earring (on a new diamond hoop?)
- Princess Marie wore Princess Dagmar's diamond tiara with new diamond/aquamarine/sapphire earrings and matching bracelet
- The ever so elegant Princess Benedikte chose Queen Sofia's diamond star and pearl spike tiara, her half of Queen Alexandrine's diamond sautoir and her diamond earrings and large brooch

Close-ups from the banquet from Hola! - Gala at Fredensborg
Princess Benedike (courtesy Keld Navntoft, Scanpix) - The star of the night

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1365338511|3421881 said:
OK, it seem nobody was impressed by my ideal collection, or at least no body bothered to reply...

Quite the contrary Bobby! I was quite impressed because I never thought about things beyond tiaras. You covered, necklaces, bracelets, brooches, etc. which was far beyond anything that entered my mind. I just need time to think about it in between state testing...and the Crown Prince's tennis lessons...and the Princess' dance class...and cleaning...and laundry (the servants are on a three decade long vacation so I take care of that stuff myself :D :D)

As for necklaces, as I think just off the top of my head, here's what comes to mind:
-three strands of pearls in different lengths, to be worn together or separately
-a pearl choker, smaller pearls than the aforementioned necklace, at least five strands
-diamond collet necklace with bigger detachable diamond pendant
-a diamond necklace with lots of swirls and swags
-a necklace with tanzanite

Earrings...well...
-several pairs of diamond chandilier earrings...I love dangling earrings!
-Pearl earrings with stud and detachable teardrop shaped pearl
-diamond solitares
-tanzanite

Brooches
-a copy of Queen Victoria's sapphire brooch
-something like QEQM's Waterfall brooch
-tanzanite (do we see a reoccuring theme here??)

I will have to think about this lots more! But please don't think anyone was ignoring your list Bobby!

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Not uninterested, Bobby. Overwhelmed! That is quite a list.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1365552009|3423641 said:
I just found two new-to-me photos of Queen Elizabeth wearing the Crown ruby set with some of her own ruby and diamond jewels. Is something known about the bracelet? Another Greville jewel, perhaps?

You can zoom a part of the photo:
http://imagecollect.com/picture/que...wles-prince-prince-charles-photo-2416078/fwro

http://imagecollect.com/picture/que...wles-prince-prince-charles-photo-2416077/fwro

Wow. That first photo that shows Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother in the crown rubies is simply gorgeous. It makes me want to see more photos of those rubies. I have seen a lot of Camilla in the rubies she received from (I believe) Saudi Arabia. Who has been wearing these recently?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1365683655|3424649 said:
Wow. That first photo that shows Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother in the crown rubies is simply gorgeous. It makes me want to see more photos of those rubies. I have seen a lot of Camilla in the rubies she received from (I believe) Saudi Arabia. Who has been wearing these recently?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Ooo... The ruby breastplate... Honestly, I have mixed feelings about it. While it's an impressive jewel, it's a slight bit too much to be worn. I think The Duchess knows that and that's why we've only seen it one. A courtesy outing, so to seapk ;-)

About the Crown Rubies - naturally, it's The Queen who wears them now. Actually, they were the first pieces that formed part of Queen Elizabeth's (QEQM) collection that were worn by Elizabeth II. HM first wore them during the Jordanian State Visit, when her deares mother was still alive. Perhaps the most notable outing of the set was at the French State Banquet, the second time The Queen wore them.

Back to my question - The bracelet looks like one of Queen Mary's pair that she wore as choker for two of her lesser known portraits. Queen Elizabeth famously wore one of them for one of her birthday portraits in the 1970s. Anyone to (dis)agree?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1365558170|3423722 said:
Not uninterested, Bobby. Overwhelmed! That is quite a list.

Well, I never thought that you were unintersted, BubblyBear! After all, you're one of the two posters who responded (the other one being Lady Maria), and I thank you for that :)
I just thought it would be fun to see what the posters/lurckers here think and then see what matches. For example, Lady Maria's chooices seem to match almost perfectly mine ;-)

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Working on my imaginary jewelry box. At first though definitely want a strand of pearls and matching bracelet (delicate looking), a big diamond tiara (CP Marie-Chantal - the one that magically re-appeared last year, can't remember name), got to have an entire set of emeralds (tiara, bracelet, necklace, ring, etc) since they are my birthstone. Love aquamarines, hmmm.. Oh my, will definitely have to hit some blogs and review here to find that exact names of my imaginary set. Life has been a little crazy but this should be fun.;

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1365790840|3425637 said:
Working on my imaginary jewelry box. At first though definitely want a strand of pearls and matching bracelet (delicate looking), a big diamond tiara (CP Marie-Chantal - the one that magically re-appeared last year, can't remember name), got to have an entire set of emeralds (tiara, bracelet, necklace, ring, etc) since they are my birthstone. Love aquamarines, hmmm.. Oh my, will definitely have to hit some blogs and review here to find that exact names of my imaginary set. Life has been a little crazy but this should be fun.;

It doesn't have to be a colletion of jewels from royal collections ;-) You can just try to give general info about the jews you want, like shape, stones used, size, etc.

Adout the Greek tiara - it goes by different names, none of which is official. The most 'famous' one seems to be Queen Sofia's large diamond tiara.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I had a birthday this week (age undisclosed) and my mom sent me a really cool book that was printed in honor of the approaching marriage of HRH Princess Elizabeth to Lt. Phillip Mountbatten. It was very strange reading a book that did not say anything about Queen Elizabeth II, but she hadn't ascended the throne yet. This book is pretty cool...here are a small sampling of pictures. My favorite is the one of QEQM at her wedding in Westminster Abbey. I've seen plenty of the formal pictures, but I had never seen one from the ceremony.

qeqmwedding.jpg

princessandrew.jpg

youngelizabethphillip.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1365878109|3426277 said:
I had a birthday this week (age undisclosed) and my mom sent me a really cool book that was printed in honor of the approaching marriage of HRH Princess Elizabeth to Lt. Phillip Mountbatten. It was very strange reading a book that did not say anything about Queen Elizabeth II, but she hadn't ascended the throne yet. This book is pretty cool...here are a small sampling of pictures. My favorite is the one of QEQM at her wedding in Westminster Abbey. I've seen plenty of the formal pictures, but I had never seen one from the ceremony.

Happy (much) belated b'day, Maria! What a nice present to receive :)
An intersting detail I see in the third photo - Princess Elizabeth is only wearing a pearl necklace in this pre-wedding photo. We know how much her collection expanded in November 1947 ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Sine I last poseted here there a lot of things happened in the royal world, jewellery-wise. There were two State Visits, concerts and other gala events... Some ladies went low-key, others went big. But we did see a nice variety of royal jewels out and about.

Starting with the State Visits
1) The Luxembourg Grand-Duchal couple was in Austria for 3 days. On the evening of the first eventg, there was a white tie Banquet (thank God the Austrians still do that!) for which HRH The Grand Duchess wore her mother-in-law's diamond tiara and a pair of diamond earrings to match (I believe the ones Stephanie wore at her own wedding). Pity that HRH opted to pair the lovely jewels with an unflattering Natan dress... Photos

2) The Swedish Royal couple started a visit to Croatia a day later. At the State Banquet Queen Silvia wore the necklace, bracelet and ring from the second of her emerald and diamond sets, but with new emerald, pearl and diamod earrings - Photo1, Photo2

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At a gala evenening at the Concertgebouw, (still-)Queen Beatrix wore a new aquamarine and diamond clasp on a string of pearls. HM also wore matching earrings (a modern set), ring, brooch and bracelet. At the same event Princess Maxima wore what looks like Indian earrings (enamel, lasque diamonds, etc) with her emerald-sapphire-ruby trio and a modern diamond bangle (first seen in Brunei earlier this year) - PPE gallery

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At a charity dinner for the Mentor Fondation (Queen Silvia's anti-drug charity) in Kuwait, the Swedish Queen wore the first of her modern emerald sets (and my favourite). This was also a rare outing of the rather hard-to-wear bracelet - Photo

Godman_Sister

Rough_Rock
Bobby,

thank you for all the detailed information. What would life be like without the (almost) daily jewelry update! I've been following for some time and I'm a big fan of yours (and of course of your wise colleagues), very much indeed.

Cheers.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
LadyMaria|1365878109|3426277 said:

for those interessted,
the guests on right side are from r-l:

HIM the Dowager Empress Marie of Russia (black stola)
Dowager Queen Alexandra
maybe King George V
Queen Mary (white hat)

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Lady Maria,

Enjoyed the pictures you shared. Are there any other less familiar photos that might be of interest? I realize there aren't many photos in the books. I too have never seen the photo of QEQM at the altar only formal ones. Thanks

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
laurensmama|1367195174|3436344 said:
Lady Maria,

Enjoyed the pictures you shared. Are there any other less familiar photos that might be of interest? I realize there aren't many photos in the books. I too have never seen the photo of QEQM at the altar only formal ones. Thanks

There are a few more. I'll find time to post some more eventually...last week was state standardized testing week and I'm stil recovering! :o

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So we are at T minus 22 hours (give or take a few depending on what time zone you are in) before the big day in the Netherlands! Anybody willing to throw out a bet on what tiara Maxima is going to wear?

I'd love to see the Stuart tiara, personnally.

But since she is Queen Consort and not Queen, maybe that would be too big. So my second guess is her wedding tiara.

What do you all think?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
alexander1917|1367005772|3435151 said:
for those interessted,
the guests on right side are from r-l:

HIM the Dowager Empress Marie of Russia (black stola)
Dowager Queen Alexandra
maybe King George V
Queen Mary (white hat)

Thank you, Alexander, for this information :) A pity that there aren't photos (official ones, I mean) showing the bridal couple with Queen Alexandra and Empress Maria.
On another note, this just made re-realize what people the late Queen Elizabeth has had the pleasure of having met... Queen Alexandra, Empress Maria, Queen Maria of Romania, Princess Elena of Greece and her daughters are just a few names from the top of my head...
BTW, it was a lovely surprice to see you here again :) It's been some time....

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1367240784|3436561 said:
So we are at T minus 22 hours (give or take a few depending on what time zone you are in) before the big day in the Netherlands! Anybody willing to throw out a bet on what tiara Maxima is going to wear?

I'd love to see the Stuart tiara, personnally.

But since she is Queen Consort and not Queen, maybe that would be too big. So my second guess is her wedding tiara.

What do you all think?

I'm not sure if I'd like to see any tiara on the new Queen... First because it's her husband who becomes King and then because it's not a wedding. I mean, she'd be the only one wearing a tiara... A nice hat (not too grand) decorated with a few jewels would be enough for me. Queen Wilhelmina's festoon necklace with the earrings from the set would be enough for the WOW factor. Or maybe Queen Emma's Neo-Gothic devant-de-corsage with just the rivere of the festoon necklace.
My sincere hope is to see the centerpiece from QW's sapphire wedding gift parure turned into a stomacher and paired with Queen 'trix's sapphire earrings ;-)

Sorry, Maria! I know you asked abaout tiaras but I just couldn't resist....

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re my previous post - If there's a tiara, I think the top part of Queen Emma's Van Kempen tiara ( from the parure) would be nice. And it's not something Maxima has worn, is not too large and diamonds and pearls can be easily combined with other colours ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The guest list for the Inauguration, as published by the Dutch Royal Court:

Royal Family

The Queen / Princess Beatrix
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima / the King and Queen
Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane
Princess Mabel
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien
Princess Irene
Princess Margriet and Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven
Princess Christina
Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie
Princess Margarita and Mr Tjalling ten Cate
Prince Jaime
Princess Carolina and Mr Albert Brenninkmeijer
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilène
Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette
Prince Pieter Christiaan and Princess Anita
Prince Floris and Princess Aimée
Mr Bernardo Guillermo
Mr Nicolás Guillermo
Ms Juliana Guillermo

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Royal Delegations

Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium
Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad al Khalifa of Bahrain
Crown Prince Billah and Princess Sarah of Brunei
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan
Prince El Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan
Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
Prince Albert II of Monaco
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princees Mette-Marit of Norway
Haitham bin Tareq al Said (Oman)
Sheikha Moza bint Nasser al-Misned (Qatar)
The Prince and Princess of Asturias (Spain)
Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (Thailand)
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn (Thailand)
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (United Kingdom)
Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed al Nahyan (United Arab Emirates)
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden

This is just what interests us. The rest of the official guests and more news can be seen here - Link Note that the private guests of the royal family (incl. foreign royals, I hope) have not been listed ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TIARAS and LARGE diamonds tonight in A'dam!!!

Queen Beatrix witht the Ornate pearl tiara
Princess Maxima with the diamond bandeau, large riviere, Sturart diamond as pendant, long earrings and bracelets. Other ladies also wearing tiaras....

Hope this gallery will be updated - https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1519936

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Beatix is also wearing the large Russian bow brooch with three pearl drops pic
From other boards I gather Camilla is in the Greville tiara, Letizia in the floral tiara and Victoria with the amethyst tiara. No mention of other jewels...

Stay turned for more

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
PPE Agency has a gallery, which is gradually being updated. So far I can say that I love everything. Princess Laurentien looks great and I've always thought that's how one should wear this tiara; the use of the bow is very nice :) I loved to see Mabel smiling... It's been awhile.
Princess Christina also looks lovely, as do her elder sisters :)
PPE gallery

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results