shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the coronation Lady Louise wore Cartier mini coeur diamond necklace and matching earrings
77023895e3d04a558c0747738ff9ef9b.jpeg.jpg

Great, there is hope for the next generation to wear some blings!

DK :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Official Coronation portrait....best picture (even though it's not a close-up_ of the ladies in their dresses. I did a zoom in and POW is indeed wearing the triple collete necklace.

full-family-portrait-64592b8f426de (1).jpeg

I wonder if the necklace was borrowed or given to her by the late QEII.

She looked great!

DK :))

DiamondLady47

Rough_Rock
I really liked these in concept, but I have to say I think they would have looked better in yellow metal. Because, yanno, they need my opinion. :cheeky:

While yellow gold is my first choice in jewelry always, in this instance the silver is perfect, simply because of all the silver on her gown. I think the designer did a marvelous job giving the POW a non-tiara tiara. She was very regal looking.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds did you notice that Camilla had 2 doggies embroidered along the bottom of her coronation gown? :mrgreen:

Borris says i would have rather had kitties but Bluebell and Beth are doggies
i thought it was a nice personal touch to go along with her family members names on her gown

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
two Prince Edwards on the flanks
The-Royal-Family-4740503.jpg

im very happy the late Queen's cousins are still classed as working royals
i think to give up completly at Edward's and Alexandra's age would not be good for health

i have read why the royal family live so long is not just down to top notch health care and private chefs but to do with having something meaningful to do

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

She wearing QE II festoon necklace.
Of all of the sparkling necklaces worn by Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, the Diamond Festoon Necklace may be the most classic and elegant of all. Let’s explore the history of this gorgeous piece, shall we?
2017-0504-queen5.png
The Queen wears the necklace with Queen Alexandra’s Kokoshnik in London, 1969 (AFP/Getty Images)
In 1950, King George VI decided to commission a new necklace for his elder daughter and heir, Princess Elizabeth. He loved to give jewels to the women in his life — the Queen Mother’s extensive Cartier collection is evidence of this — and Elizabeth, who had just given birth to an heir and a spare, reaped the benefits.
2017-0504-queen4.png
The Queen wears the necklace with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara at RADA’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations, November 1964 (Terry Disney/Express/Getty Images)
Although the King often bought pieces directly from firms like Cartier and Asprey, he turned to the family’s jewelry vaults for the gemstones for this necklace. He directed Garrard, then the crown jeweler, to use 105 loose collet-set diamonds from the vaults to make this necklace. The diamonds had been earmarked as heirlooms of the crown by his mother, Queen Mary, in 1911. According to Hugh Roberts, Mary often use diamonds from the cache to lengthen her own collet necklaces.
2017-0504-queen2.png
The Queen wears the necklace with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara at a state dinner at the White House in Washington, DC, May 2007 (Win McNamee/Getty Images)
Roberts describes the resulting creation as follows: a necklace “composed of 83 brilliants in cut-down collets, the three largest cushion-shaped, set as three graduated chains suspended from triangular clasps at either side, pave-set with a further 22 stones, and joined by a single back-chain with clasp; the individual collects with old spiral links, fixed.” The original necklace was actually slightly larger, but in 1953, the Queen had Garrard shorten the piece by removing ten of the diamonds.
2017-0504-queen3.png
The Queen wears the necklace with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara at a state dinner at the White House in Washington, DC, May 2007 (SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
close up of Miss Piggy (i love them) mupper royalty
im still bending the rules for the corrination for this bit longer :lol-2:
i think this is a file photo as the Piggy wore much more elaborate jewlery

4740464.jpg

hard to see Sophie's jewlery on the big help out

4740460.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds : I'll give you your daily dose of brooch...

Zara Tindall wears Princess Anne’s brooch to King Charles’s coronation​

The famed British equestrian chose a decorative diamond brooch from her mother, Princess Anne, for King Charles III and Queen Camilla's coronation, which she paired with £29,900 earrings by Calleija
By Joshua Hendren
Zara Tindall arrived at the coronation of her uncle, King Charles III, accompanied by her husband, former rugby player Mike Tindall.
The renowned British equestrian was a vision of elegance in a light blue coat dress by Laura Green, and a matching Juliette Botterill fascinator, which she accessorised with a Strathberry bag, diamond earrings by Calleija and Princess Anne’s diamond ribbon and tassel brooch.
GettyImages-1487926870.jpg
Zara Phillips wears Princess Anne’s diamond ribbon and tassel brooch to the Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla (Photo by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)
The decorative silver brooch worn by Zara was a wedding present to the Princess Royal from her brother King Charles, making it a particularly significant choice for the coronation.
GettyImages-1252776431.jpg
Zara Phillips wears Princess Anne’s diamond ribbon and tassel brooch to the Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla (Photo by Dan Charity/Getty Images)
GettyImages-1487933249.jpg
Mike Tindall and Zara Tindall arrive at Westminster Abbey for the Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla (Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage)
It was last worn by the Princess Royal for the Guildhall Banquet during a visit from the Spanish Royal Family in 2017, pictured below.
GettyImages-813976038.jpg
Princess Anne wearing the brooch in 2017 (Photo by Jeff Spicer/Getty Images)
As for Tindall’s choice of earwear, she opted for a pair of 18K white gold Nieva earrings by Australian jeweller Calleija, which feature detachable drops with over 4K of brilliant white diamonds. The jewels retail for a staggering £29,900.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• nieva-724x1024.jpg
    nieva-724x1024.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More about Zara Philips.
At the coronation she wore Nieva diamond earrings with detachable drops by Calleija
0_Zarajpeg.jpg

Sorry, however, I would not pay that much for that pair of earrings as I do not believe they are that remarkable to worth the price!

I like the brooch though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the necklace was borrowed or given to her by the late QEII.

She looked great!

I do hope the necklace was gifted to the PoW by the late QEII.

To me, it would signify the late QEII held high regards for the PoW by gifting her such a significant piece of jewellery in monetary terms as well as sentimental values.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, however, I would not pay that much for that pair of earrings as I do not believe they are that remarkable to worth the price!

I like the brooch though.

Princess Anne wearing her brooch in 2017

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results