clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gold earrings on Red
70700485-12057267-image-m-59_1683489677082.jpg

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Why do some people have big robes on (during the coronation)—most are blue, although Anne's was green, I think? Are these only for specific royal-types?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why do some people have big robes on (during the coronation)—most are blue, although Anne's was green, I think? Are these only for specific royal-types?

(from the telegraph before the big day)
hereditary peers and sitting members of the House of Lords with an invitation to the Coronation have been informed in the last 48 hours that, should they so wish, they are now able to sport special Coronation robes and coronet traditionally worn for the event
. ...im not sure i saw the coronets but the BBC didnt show us a lot of the congragation or any of the foreign royals (just the US first lady)

the senior royal ladies, Catherine,Sophie, and the Duchess of Gloucester wore their robes of the royal Victorian order
with The Princess Royal doing an outfit change Charles' Gold-Stick-in-Waiting,
fb854823cd12-princess-anne-abbey.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved Charlotte's outfit best of all! She's a fave of mine, I think because she reminds me of QEII in her appearance/expression.

i was thinking in another time we could have called her the daughter of the empire /commnwealth but now days people would complain and and would say but my kid is a princess too

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
from the big day
as i said the BBC did not do a good job of showing us who else was there
1683497532749.jpg

knight compaign of the order of the garter
and today is the kind of day you wear it !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I confess that all the regalia reminds me of Hogwarts, and the Harry Potter movies. LOL! Not too much of a stretch to think that this is where J.K. Rowling may have found some inspiration for the costumes/characters. :D
i know exactly what you mean
we were watching 1000 years of histpry come alive before us

when i was watching the gold coach i was thinking
wow thats out of a fairy tale
then the commentator said and that has no doubt inspired fairy tales

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gold earrings on Red
70700485-12057267-image-m-59_1683489677082.jpg

Eh, I read Sarah was not invited and did not expect to be invited.

DK :confused:

Edited to say I just realised it was for the concert and not the actual coronation, DOH!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(from the telegraph before the big day)
hereditary peers and sitting members of the House of Lords with an invitation to the Coronation have been informed in the last 48 hours that, should they so wish, they are now able to sport special Coronation robes and coronet traditionally worn for the event
. ...im not sure i saw the coronets but the BBC didnt show us a lot of the congragation or any of the foreign royals (just the US first lady)

the senior royal ladies, Catherine,Sophie, and the Duchess of Gloucester wore their robes of the royal Victorian order
with The Princess Royal doing an outfit change Charles' Gold-Stick-in-Waiting,
fb854823cd12-princess-anne-abbey.jpg

I just love the Princess Royal, full stop!

DK :love:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

These are the robes of the royal orders of chivalry they hold. It was decided that the royal family members will wear these instead of the velvet and ermine ones traditionally seen at a Coronation.
Order of the Garter - William, Andrew, Edward, Richard Gloucester and Edward Kent
Royal Victorian Order - Catherine, Sophie, Birgitta Gloucester, Michael and Alexandra Kent (although she has the Garter, HRH opted for the lighter RVO robe)
Order of the Thistle - Anne (a nod to her beloved Scotland, otherwise she should've worn the Garter robes)

Other members of the BRF who are not knights/ladies of the orders wore formal day wear, like Harry, the York girls and Princess Michael.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
There weren't a lot of lot of surprises for us to discuss at the Coronation. The most impressive pieces were worn by Maxima, Mary and Victoria.
I'll focus on Victoria for now, as this was by far the most intriguing one - a sapphire and diamond bracelet dating back to The Duchess of Albany has resurfaced!
The bracelet was a wedding gift the the Duchess from her bridesmaids and passed down to her granddaughter Sybilla (Carl Gustaf's mother). She wore is rather often, but then the bracelet disappeared after her death 50 years ago leading to speculations about its whereabouts.
gettyimages-1252775475-2048x2048~2.jpg gettyimages-1252742405-2048x2048~2.jpg
e6516041a9eff9d364413d63f6e8284aa55b4e52.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a picture of Kate's dress that she wore under the robe?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
These are the robes of the royal orders of chivalry they hold. It was decided that the royal family members will wear these instead of the velvet and ermine ones traditionally seen at a Coronation.
Order of the Garter - William, Andrew, Edward, Richard Gloucester and Edward Kent
Royal Victorian Order - Catherine, Sophie, Birgitta Gloucester, Michael and Alexandra Kent (although she has the Garter, HRH opted for the lighter RVO robe)
Order of the Thistle - Anne (a nod to her beloved Scotland, otherwise she should've worn the Garter robes)

Other members of the BRF who are not knights/ladies of the orders wore formal day wear, like Harry, the York girls and Princess Michael.

I also read that there was a last minute change and any of the hereditary peers were allowed to wear their robes if they wanted to. Originally they were told no, but you can see in the people lined up on the aisle of Westminster that some were wearing them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Official Coronation portrait....best picture (even though it's not a close-up_ of the ladies in their dresses. I did a zoom in and POW is indeed wearing the triple collete necklace.

full-family-portrait-64592b8f426de (1).jpeg

The smile on Princess Alex's face is priceless!

DK :kiss2:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
At the coronation Lady Louise wore Cartier mini coeur diamond necklace and matching earrings
77023895e3d04a558c0747738ff9ef9b.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpeg-5.jpg
    download.jpeg-5.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 10
  • CRT45049_1_enlarged.jpg
    CRT45049_1_enlarged.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 10
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results