carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'd say HM will be paid to rest with her wedding ring on
LIke my mother and grandmas
(and yet i have my great grandma's wedding band)
but it was the way for a lot of people of my mum's and grandmas' generation here (NZ)- so im thinking its got to be a British thing

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
i'd say HM will be paid to rest with her wedding ring on
LIke my mother and grandmas
(and yet i have my great grandma's wedding band)
but it was the way for a lot of people of my mum's and grandmas' generation here (NZ)- so im thinking its got to be a British thing

I've read (Bulgarian media, so not to be trusted) that she'll be laid to rest with her wedding band and a pair of pearl earrings.
They also speculated that her engagement wing will go to the Princess Royal. No sources were quoted, obviously.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read with interest who would be attending the funeral, and so far, nothing has been mentioned about the Danes, which came as a surprise to me.

I would expect the Danish Crown Prince and and Princess to attend, if not Her Majesty Margrethe II herself.

Glad to see Princess Beatrix is attending in person, as I believe she and HM QE II were close and she was a frequent visitor to Buck House.

DK :))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I read with interest who would be attending the funeral, and so far, nothing has been mentioned about the Danes, which came as a surprise to me.

I would expect the Danish Crown Prince and and Princess to attend, if not Her Majesty Margrethe II herself.

Glad to see Princess Beatrix is attending in person, as I believe she and HM QE II were close and she was a frequent visitor to Buck House.

Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess are confirmed.
Daisy wouldn't miss Lilibeth's funeral. Charles is also a dear friend of hers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good to hear that. They were not on the list I read in the Times last night.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No sign of the Duke of Kent in the procession just now, however, the Duke of Gloucester was there.

Too frail to walk the distance perhaps?

DK :confused2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was waiting for the coffin and the rest of the procession in Westminster Hall with the rest of the family.

Found him, I think, as the family was leaving Westminster Hall - I saw a very frail figure at the back.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The last jewel to adorn Elizabeth II is the Imperial State Crown
20220914_174600.jpg
FB_IMG_1663172059081.jpg
FB_IMG_1663172051010.jpg

For the reception of Queen Elizabeth II's coffin at Westminster Hall HM the Queen Consort wore her stick insect diamond brooch and pearl choker with large diamond clasp. The brooch was reportedly a present from her father, Maj. Bruce Shand.
20220914_174952.jpg

The Princes of Wales wore jewels linking together three generations of the Windsors - the pearl and diamond floral brooch from Elizabeth II and the Collingwood pearl drop earrings (and 3-strand pearl bracelet) previously worn by Diana, Princess of Wales.
20220914_174856.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the link - I’d love to see yours! Are they still selling it?

Yes, it is showing in stock.

I will not be able to wear a tiara next Monday. It is Homecoming Week. For those not familiar with Homecoming, this is a big football game where former students are encouraged to come back to see old friends and teachers. It ends up being a week long celebration of the school.

Part of the activities are dress up days each day. Monday is "Dress Like a Pirate" because our school mascot is the Pirate. I will trade my tiara for a hat instead!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Queen Margreth (my namesake) just had her 50th jibilee celcerations
i wil post a ton of pictures after our offical mourning is over for our Queen

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No sign of the Duke of Kent in the procession just now, however, the Duke of Gloucester was there.

Too frail to walk the distance perhaps?

DK :confused2:

i fianlly found him too
i was worried i couldnt see him before
but i spied his bald head inside the hall

of course as it was in the middle of the night and i just couldnt stay up i am playing catch up this morning
last time we saw him at the Jublee he did look frail, i was shooked

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
So... I suspect that the Princess Royal has started wearing her mother's 3-strand pearl necklace today in Glasgow. Why?
1. Anne has two 3-strand necklaces - one choker and one much longer. This one is slightly longer.
2. The little gap between the uppermost and middle strand is telling, imo
3. The graduation, colour and luster
gettyimages-1243250964-2048x2048~2.jpg
queen-pearl-necklace-3927833~2.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So... I suspect that the Princess Royal has started wearing her mother's 3-strand pearl necklace today in Glasgow. Why?
1. Anne has two 3-strand necklaces - one choker and one much longer. This one is slightly longer.
2. The little gap between the uppermost and middle strand is telling, imo
3. The graduation, colour and luster
gettyimages-1243250964-2048x2048~2.jpg
queen-pearl-necklace-3927833~2.jpeg

And that is the first thing that really got me in the gut with the feels, she's wearing her mama's pearls:cry: How beautiful is that?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
everdently (if you can place any trust in the exspress:???:) Queen Camila has been soldiering on with a broken toe :(2
hope today's day of private reflection at home with the King at Highgrove will speed up the healing
1663281428882.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results