shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw her sign the proclamation and the camera zoomed in on her wrist, I thought of you!

And did I cringe a bit when she added R. to Camilla in her signature! The change of guard at Buckingham became so obvious then, even if I'd known full well that Charles and Camilla are King and Queen.

What does the ‘R’ stand for?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark is now the only queen regnant left in Europe (used to be three with Beatrix of the Netherlands and QE II when UK was still part of the EU), and is now the longest serving monarch after the death of her beloved third cousin.

No doubt Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands would be deeply affected by the queen's death as they were close when she was alive.

DK :confused2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, I don’t know how true it is, but I saw an article yesterday saying the Queen had bequeathed her personal jewellery collection to the new Princess of Wales.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been watching documentaries on the Queen the past few evenings. There was a lot of footage from probably the 1940’s and 50’s. I don’t know if it was because the footage was in black and white, but my gosh did those diamonds sparkle. The crowns and jewels were incredible.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were fortunate enough to go to Buckingham Palace a few years back @Calliecake, when they had a special exhibition of some of the royal jewels. They were absolutely magnificent, I particularly remember a huge pair of pear drop earrings, totally mismatched, but who can tell when they’re either side of your face? :D

47932088-1287-47C2-B476-03592E49D31F.jpeg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, I don’t know how true it is, but I saw an article yesterday saying the Queen had bequeathed her personal jewellery collection to the new Princess of Wales.

Wishful thinking by whoever wrote the article, as the Princess of Wales would have to pay 40% inheritance tax on the value of the jewels. I'm sure William would rather spend the income from the Duchy of Cornwall in more suitable and reasonable ways.

It's most likely that the bulk was left to Charles (Sovereign to Sovereign inheritance is tree of tax) with the odd bequest to other family members and friends.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
We were fortunate enough to go to Buckingham Palace a few years back @Calliecake, when they had a special exhibition of some of the royal jewels. They were absolutely magnificent, I particularly remember a huge pair of pear drop earrings, totally mismatched, but who can tell when they’re either side of your face? :D

47932088-1287-47C2-B476-03592E49D31F.jpeg

I think this is the pair that you mean - the Coronation earrings, made for Queen Victoria in 1858 after she lost a similar pair in the Hanoverian claim.
1663054794246.png

The one in your picture are a later creation and I'm inclined to believe that they were made using stoned given to Princess Alexandra of Denmark as a wedding present from the City of London in 1863.
1663054972266.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The art of (royal) soft diplomacy - Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Brabant and heiress to the Belgian throne signed the book of condolences at the British ambassador's residence yesterday. The Princess wore a pair of earrings in a style that was favoured by her late UK namesake for most of her life. The earrings are probably on loan from her mother Mathilde.
1663055229573.png

The portrait displayed by the book is one of Elizabeth II's sparkliest and I'm sure many here will recognise the jewels:
1663055448210.png

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I love this photograph from last night's Vigil of the Princes (and Princess) at St Giles' Cathedral, it's the closest we'll see to a crowned King Charles III until his actual Coronation takes place and the only time the Crown of Scotland will rest above his head.
1663073730738.png

Does anyone know what King Charles is wearing on his lapel? Flower or jewelry? To me, it almost looks like an epaulet that has been clipped there.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know what King Charles is wearing on his lapel? Flower or jewelry? To me, it almost looks like an epaulet that has been clipped there.

While heather from Balmoral.

A quick search tells us that "no Highlander would pass by it without picking it, for it was considered to bring good luck. The belief in white heather's luck may be because it is scarce, in the same way that four-leaf clovers brought other Celts luck."

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
What! This is my dream! Wh re did you get it from?? You rule.

Tiaratown.com

If you poke around on that site, set aside a good chunk of time. It's so fun to scroll through!!!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I am still reeling from the news. I was at the end of my fourth period chemistry class when the news broke. I told my students that they would always remember where they were when this news broke. I had been watching since the alarm had been raised about Her Majesty's health. When I saw it, I just sank into my chair, stunned.

There's a part of me that still hasn't fully grasped this.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this photograph from last night's Vigil of the Princes (and Princess) at St Giles' Cathedral, it's the closest we'll see to a crowned King Charles III until his actual Coronation takes place and the only time the Crown of Scotland will rest above his head.
1663073730738.png

i love heather
it grows wild on the volcanic central platau here - but ive only ever seen the purple in the wild

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
It's been a whirlwind three weeks with school starting. So far, so good. I am still wearing tiaras on Mondays. I have three new ones for this year, including a replica of the Duchesse D'Angouleme emerald tiara. :)

Thank you for the link - I’d love to see yours! Are they still selling it?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a timly reminder that The Crown is not a documentry

true
i know this beacuse i rememeber it

1663129139147.png

1663129309221.png and pure Hollywood
see that Busy bee toy
that is an iconc NZ woodern - we all had one
and Prince William played with his in Auckland where the grass is green

and as further proof Prince William gave a buzzy bee to the daughter of the NZ PMhttps://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/113695250/prince-william-gives-neve-te-aroha-gayford-a-personalised-buzzy-bee-for-her-first-birthday
1663130024250.png

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
brooch alert
once belonged to the Queen mum
given to Camilia by Queen Elizabeth ii
first seen on Camilia in 2015
a good brooch for Burns night
but worn here at the service for her late magisty in Scotland at St Giles catherdrial

1663130149569.png

lots of diamonds
i also like the big handsome size of this piece
wow the Queen mum is so young here (perhaps she is still Queen )
yes i googled 1946

1663130479478.png
a close up from When Charles and Camilia were in NZ
1663130602657.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results