carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think this picture is so lovelly
and Remember HM The Queen (consort) does seem to loves big jewles
i think HM Queen Elizebath had to many other things to worry about and do, to devote the time to her jewlery we would have liked

1662677520931.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely photos @Daisys and Diamonds, thanks for posting. It’s sometimes hard to remember that she was a beautiful young woman once, when we’ve got used to seeing her as an older woman, and latterly, so frail.

i brought two newspapers today - havnt done that since we left WEllington
oh my goodness $7 something for the two o_O
everdently Saturday costs more
anyway the Dominion post (wellington) had an older Queen that we would know and the Wanganui Cronical had a young Queen from her corrination
i would snap a pix if my new phone would arrive

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
now who is going to post a pix of Queen Camila's wrist from the proclomation accesion council ceromony ?

When I saw her sign the proclamation and the camera zoomed in on her wrist, I thought of you!

And did I cringe a bit when she added R. to Camilla in her signature! The change of guard at Buckingham became so obvious then, even if I'd known full well that Charles and Camilla are King and Queen.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really should wear my glasses. I was wondering who showed up as Lily Munster.

it was a long time ago
about the only time outside of mourning you see HM is black
but on the telly in moving pictutres it would have knocked your sox off

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
it was a long time ago
about the only time outside of mourning you see HM is black
but on the telly in moving pictutres it would have knocked your sox off

It was the veil that threw me. Without my glasses it looks like long hair. I've gotten so used to the sweet grammy in coat and hat that I didn't recognize her at all.

The Vlad is my favorite, esp with the emerald drops. I'll have to keep smelling salts handy for when I see it on Camilla.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was the veil that threw me. Without my glasses it looks like long hair. I've gotten so used to the sweet grammy in coat and hat that I didn't recognize her at all.

The Vlad is my favorite, esp with the emerald drops. I'll have to keep smelling salts handy for when I see it on Camilla.

Camilia may choose other tiaras to make her own
or maybe Charles will get her some new coloured stone drops for the vlad ...

i think we are a wee way away from big tiara events
but i'd love to see what Amethyst are available to her in the vault
the last couple fo generations of Queens have not seemed to have had much love for the amethyst but Camila has worn them happily

i would think there would be critisim from the left wing media if HM buys new jeweles but hopefuly Charles takes a duster into the vault and finds some long forgottent beauties
also something nice for dear Sophie
The new king has a good eye

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - You are a fountain of knowledge and I really enjoy your posts.

oh thank you MJ Mac
thats very kind of you to say
i enjoy everyone's company here

we were just brought up to have great respect for the Queen
my late parents were at primary school when the last KIng died so were old enough to rememebr quite a bit of her early years on the throne

as a small child of about 6 i used to make my toys play the part of The Queen, the Duke and the Prime Minister ( ive laways been interested in politics and i just love the formality and tradions of the Westminsiter system of which we have our own version)

I have no shame in admitting i did go through a rebelious republican stage in my mid 20's so i have examened the institutuin from both sides,but i came out of it more loyal than ever
r i have always admired The Queen in her position as Queen of NZ
Her life long dedication to the commonwealth and the armed forces is beyound reproach, and she and her dear late husband brought their family up to never forget the contubution and scarafice the commonwealth countries made for GB in WW2 etc something UK politicans seem to forget or just dont care about any more

i am a great admirer of the Queen's late parents, George Vi and the Queen mum

im not at all into fashion (although i love the hats) but a few years ago i found that following the jewles are great stress releaf

one thing i have observed from history books is with the realativly recent exception of the Queen's parents (who came to the throne after the abdication and then had the war on their doorstep) the monarchy has always been changing and modernising, people just forget all old people were once young and had new fresh ideas

Long live the King

i did once meet Princess DI and give her a flower when i was about 12?
i rememebr she had the most beautiful skin

mum used to take us out of school if any of the royals came to Dunedin
Prince Philip once stopped to talk to mum, he was totally charming and rather funny
my parenst once got invited to a civic reception for Prince Charles and my dad (who had no real opinion either way prior) was very impressed with Prince Charles and how he spoke to people one on one, i beleave they are all very good at that

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

the last couple fo generations of Queens have not seemed to have had much love for the amethyst but Camila has worn them happily

i would think there would be critisim from the left wing media if HM buys new jeweles but hopefuly Charles takes a duster into the vault and finds some long forgottent beauties

The Kent Amethysts will look great on the new Queen at the annual Diplomatic reception in December, should Charles keep it going.
I think there will a time when Camilla will stay away from the jewels most associated with the late Queen (the ones that are not Heirlooms of the Crown anyway), but will eventually add the Vladimir and Queen Alexandra's kokoshnik to her rota.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock

New drops! Whats a fun idea! Does King Charles have a suggestion box???

I want to see Camilla in the aquamarines. They would look stunning on her, I think.

@prince.of.preslav the kokoshnik is a great choice too. That style seems universally flattering.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
New drops! Whats a fun idea! Does King Charles have a suggestion box???

I want to see Camilla in the aquamarines. They would look stunning on her, I think.

@prince.of.preslav the kokoshnik is a great choice too. That style seems universally flattering.

Aquamarines would be a great addition and maybe they can also use some of the family pear-shaped diamonds to create a similar effect with the original pearls.
Pearl+&+Diamond+Tiara+(1913)+by+Cartier+for+Princess+Anastasia+1.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you for finding this

that ER is such a beautiful ring, but it never photographs at all well

Never noticed the Cartier Tank watch…my fave time piece. Love the ER…my fave of all the ‘Windsor Royals’. I hope both Princess Catherine and Queen Camilla bring out rarely seen bling from the vaults!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results