shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear, here we go again, people using HRH instead of HM when talking about the QEII! :roll2:

I managed to avoid most of the celebrations in 2012 for the last double Bank Holiday for the Diamond Jubilee, and shall try and do the same this year.

I shall celebrate it in my own little ways.

DK :roll2:

I understand the irritation. Ranks right up there with some of the British newspapers who still refer to the Duchess of Cambridge as Kate MIddleton.:x2:x2

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evidently its Diana's earings :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Talk about saving them for a big event
(so that means Kate has not reworked them into her other earings) as some commentators suggested

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear i just read HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco has covid
Poor thing, she's had such a bad run, i hope she has only a mild case

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Evidently its Diana's earings :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Talk about saving them for a big event
(so that means Kate has not reworked them into her other earings) as some commentators suggested

I suspect that the sapphire earrings (as is the case with so many pieces in the royal jewelry collection) are convertible, and are actually two pieces that can be worn as a post alone, or with the halo dangle. And maybe Kate just wants to be able to wear them more often (lower-key events) by wearing the post part only, or the dangle with a diamond stud, but still have the blingy version for formal occasions.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So how about those Jubilee festivities? Loved the Trouping, loved the service, loved the concert, loved the pageant. I just wish there had been a big tiara event somewhere along the way!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
So how about those Jubilee festivities? Loved the Trouping, loved the service, loved the concert, loved the pageant. I just wish there had been a big tiara event somewhere along the way!

I loved Trooping the colour and the flypast (the only part I actually saw). I missed the service at St. Paul's, although I was in the area :(
The concert was AMAZING! I've seen a lot of comments about the artists and whether they really represent the best of British music, but it was an impressive show for sure. The speaches by William and Charles were good. The drone show... What can I say, it's probably the best part of the concest, together with the Queen and Paddington.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I suspect that the sapphire earrings (as is the case with so many pieces in the royal jewelry collection) are convertible, and are actually two pieces that can be worn as a post alone, or with the halo dangle. And maybe Kate just wants to be able to wear them more often (lower-key events) by wearing the post part only, or the dangle with a diamond stud, but still have the blingy version for formal occasions.

I believe the Trooping the colour earrings have cabochon sapphires, while Catherine's have faceted stones.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria wore her Nocturnal Creatures Aigrette at the 60th Anniversary Royal Gala Dinner of The Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the Netherlands in Amsterdam tonight gettyimages-1241161868-2048x2048~2.jpg

Love the colour of the dress with this hair ornament!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Keep an eye on Royal Watching this coming Friday! Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway will have her 18th birthday ball. Should be lots of tiaras! The Princess of Orange is also going..we will have two tiara debuts!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Fiancee of Princess Martha Louise posted this

FU5QekaWAAARMrb.jpg

I might be in the minority (based on comments online), but I actually like the ring. Maybe not the ideal ering, but still a nice enough design. One think I would've changed is the (rose?) gold setting to platinum/wg for the diamond part and less metal, more cluster-like design.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
order of the Garter day
My favourite thing on the royal calender
So glad its back this year

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I might be in the minority (based on comments online), but I actually like the ring. Maybe not the ideal ering, but still a nice enough design. One think I would've changed is the (rose?) gold setting to platinum/wg for the diamond part and less metal, more cluster-like design.

I like it as well, it's not obligatory or cookie cutter but tailored to the recipient and their tastes in a personal way.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

I've seen worse...

*steals glance at Princess Marie of Denmark*

And in a bit of a flashback, it was Princess Marie's e-ring that started this thread 525 pages ago!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Victoria wore her Nocturnal Creatures Aigrette at the 60th Anniversary Royal Gala Dinner of The Swedish Chamber of Commerce for the Netherlands in Amsterdam tonight gettyimages-1241161868-2048x2048~2.jpg

Bring back the hair oriniment (im not quite ready to call this a tiara)
I remember when one of the York princesses wore a couple of Queen Victoria's ears of wheat at their wedding reception and i hoped this would spark a trend

Hmmmm
Seems they were originally Queen Adelaide's

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Royal Ascot
Ive tried tp be good and chose pix showing jewlery

First up

Zara and Mike
Zara and Uncle Charles
Random family conversation ?
mike-tindall-and-zara-phillips-attend-royal-ascot-2022-at-news-photo-1655216589.jpg zara-phillips-greets-the-prince-of-wales-during-day-one-of-news-photo-1655215377.jpg prince-charles-prince-of-wales-edoardo-mapelli-mozzin-news-photo-1655215634.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results