shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I have a new tiara!!! I must say, wearing a tiara every Monday has been a hit with the students. I will definitely continue this next year!

This one is in honour of my son graduating from University. His school colours are green and white, so I figured emeralds and diamonds would be perfect. This is the first "replica" tiara I've purchased, but I've been eyeing it for a long time. If you have the Munn Tiara book, you will recognize it!

P.S. Four days of school left!!
Emerald.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I have a new tiara!!! I must say, wearing a tiara every Monday has been a hit with the students. I will definitely continue this next year!

This one is in honour of my son graduating from University. His school colours are green and white, so I figured emeralds and diamonds would be perfect. This is the first "replica" tiara I've purchased, but I've been eyeing it for a long time. If you have the Munn Tiara book, you will recognize it!

Emerald.jpg

This is my favourite emerald tiara! Emeralds and green look great on you, Lady Maria.

PS: Tiaras and hair down? Really, m'lady?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favourite emerald tiara! Emeralds and green look great on you, Lady Maria.

PS: Tiaras and hair down? Really, m'lady?

Yes, hair down. It's easier to take the tiara off when I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home. My daughter makes it quite clear that she will not be seen in public with me in a tiara..... :lol::lol::lol:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yes, hair down. It's easier to take the tiara off when I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home. My daughter makes it quite clear that she will not be seen in public with me in a tiara..... :lol::lol::lol:

She'll grow up and see how wrong she was... I hope.
It actually reminds me of a story about Princess Marina, who took off her tiara after a long function at BP and hid it under a sofa in one of the drawing rooms. Apparently, she remarked that it's one of the safest places (the Palace) to leave a tiara and retrieve it the next day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Emerald.jpg

Oh we were both born in the wrong era
I love it

do you own any bandaus - i love the 20s

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Oh we were both born in the wrong era
I love it

do you own any bandaus - i love the 20s

No, I don't. I have one headband that I could wear low, but it's not terribly comfortable.

So are you also a Downton Abbey fan??

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I don't. I have one headband that I could wear low, but it's not terribly comfortable.

So are you also a Downton Abbey fan??

I resisted it for a long time
But then the first movie came out and the wbole series was on demand on tvnz
It reminded me a lot of upstairs downstairs
my favourite character is the Irish son in law and Dame Maggie Smith of course oh and the ladies maid (im hopeles with names) but i did not think they did king George V nor Queen Mary welll

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I went to see the DA new film last night and I liked it.

DK :))

I was invited to a special preview early last week. Quite a few showed up in costume. I at least wore a tiara!! I think I liked the first movie better because there were more jewels! DA.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
As a teacher do you get to go to the prom ?

We have to chaperone either the Homecoming Formal or Prom. This year I did Homecoming since Prom was the same weekend as my son's university graduation. Next year I will do Prom since my daughter will be at the high school and will probably go to Homecoming. She really doesn't want me to chaperone a dance that she will be at!:D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have to chaperone either the Homecoming Formal or Prom. This year I did Homecoming since Prom was the same weekend as my son's university graduation. Next year I will do Prom since my daughter will be at the high school and will probably go to Homecoming. She really doesn't want me to chaperone a dance that she will be at!:D

But you wear the tiara right ?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
But you wear the tiara right ?

Go to page 500 on this thread....:):)

I wore two tiaras that week...one for the "dress like a celebrity" day and for the Homecoming Dance!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, here we go again, people using HRH instead of HM when talking about the QEII! :roll2:

I managed to avoid most of the celebrations in 2012 for the last double Bank Holiday for the Diamond Jubilee, and shall try and do the same this year.

I shall celebrate it in my own little ways.

DK :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, here we go again, people using HRH instead of HM when talking about the QEII! :roll2:

I managed to avoid most of the celebrations in 2012 for the last double Bank Holiday for the Diamond Jubilee, and shall try and do the same this year.

I shall celebrate it in my own little ways.

DK :roll2:

Nothing pi**es me off more DK
its not that hard !
Ok i give Americans a pass because HM isnt their head of state but for the rest of us :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
Its a reflection on the lack (complete lack) of proff reading and general professionalism - not to mention lack of general knowledge in today's junolism (in an age where everyone goes to university what on earth do they teach there ?)
Just because i can't spell doesn't mean i can't tell when things are written wrong in the media
You know what worries me ? ..now i am getting to my point ....
when i read plain out wrong info on the royal family like getting the order of succession wrong or getting George V mixed up with George Vi

I think ok well you know i know quite a bit about that subject - enough to kmow what ive just read is wrong
-what about the things i don't know about ?

My mum always said just because its im the newspaper doesn't mean its true
And our local home town newspaper
Is a million times more reliable than that cr*p express (they have good pictures that's all)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So im finally watching a gallop though history
I found it on demand on tvnz
not sure about Tom Cruise
Not keen on all the BS of the introduction in the tv studio before the show started

But the actual show is thoroughly enjoyable
And HM seems to be loving it
She does love her horses
her outfit is very sparkly
And im very much enjoying the commonwealth contributions

Im enjoying this a lot more than those royal varity shows i never know anyone in

The guy who is master of ceremonies (in the Henry viii get up is even quite funny)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am off to an adult-only campsite over the BH weekend, as I don't like non-furry critters and ankle biters, being childless by choice since I was 18, and am not going to risk having my double BH weekend being spoilt by unruly children while their guardians were too drunk to care like it did in 2012!

That makes me sound so grumpy and I don't care as I am a grumpy woman of a certain age! :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am off to an adult-only campsite over the BH weekend, as I don't like non-furry critters and ankle biters, being childless by choice since I was 18, and am not going to risk having my double BH weekend being spoilt by unruly children while their guardians were too drunk to care like it did in 2012!

That makes me sound so grumpy and I don't care as I am a grumpy woman of a certain age! :lol-2:

Ive been that grumpy woman since my pears (excise spelling) were those ankle bitters

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love Queen Victoria's orange blossom
The flowers are porcelain and of course its a loving meaningful gift from Albert
i think its such a shame she stipulated no one else was to ever wear them
i guess she had 40 odd years on her own to stew over such things
image-asset.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results