shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299708449|2868412 said:
Thank you very much for the reply about tiaras, Alexander! So very kind of you to answer my questions!
Do you know on what occasion Queen Elizabeth said the she doesn't talk about money?

That's a nice photo of Elizabeth II with the Cullinan V brooch.

Bobby

I think the Queen Mother lost or won during a horse race....

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Alexaner, for answering my question! :)

jean95404|1299722539|2868556 said:
Re: The Diamond Safety Pin

I have looked at this photo of the Princess wearing the safety pin for two days thinking that my opinion of it might change. It hasn't. Sometimes a piece can come across as amusing but this one falls flat with me. Actually, for the occasion it is being worn at, I think it borders on ill chosen. More suitable to a lapel of a suit or on a sweater...something more casual in style. All together the outfit that the Princess chose is not up to her usual standard of style. I always enjoy seeing what she is wearing, and truly envy her slim figure which shows her clothes off to wonderful advantage.

I coudn't agree more, Jean! I personally wouldn't mind seeing the safety-pin at the back of HRH's gown, but just not in front! And why is she almost always wearing brooches pinned on her waist, rather than the traditional way (on the lapel)? It looks as if the stars of the orders and the brooches switch places... But the's the practice in the house de Bourdon, it seems - The Queen and the Infantas also wear their stars on their breas, though sometimes balanced with a brooch on the other side (that's made mostly by HM).

A close-up of the diamond encrusted safety-pin (I wonder where it came from?):

Bobby

safetypin_leti_chiliansb.JPG

Principessa

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299709336|2868430 said:
Queen Beatrix, The Prince of Orange & Princess Maxima are on a (rather controversial) State Visist to Qatar. When they arrived, HM was wearin a lovely three-row necklace of multi-coloured pearls and mathing studs:
More photos to be found here - http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2734...7643/194383/0/Koningin-Beatrix-in-Qatar.dhtml
Later Princess Maxima wore some nice diamond and amethyst jewels and met a new friend - http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2011/PPE11030966.jpg
In the evening HM wore her turquoise earrings and necklace, Princess Maxima opted for a ruby and diamond bracelet and (costume?) earrings - http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2011/PPE11030960.jpg
http://9.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:25776398:preview:watermark?v=12e8aafe19d

Bobby

I still do not know how to post a link..so thank you Bobby!
I found these photos, so hope this will make it a nice collection all together.
Liza

2.jpg

PPE11030940.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Apparently Princess Maxima's earrings from last night are a rather expensive pair with rubies, citrines, tink tourmalines, beryls and diamonds from Diane von Furstemberg. The earrings can be worn in a shorter version or as brooches. The dinner was not a State Banqet, but a private dinner with the ruling family.

Bobby

dvf.harmony.maxima.jpg

MaximaQatarPD.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Principessa|1299781589|2868902 said:
I still do not know how to post a link..so thank you Bobby!
I found these photos, so hope this will make it a nice collection all together.
Liza

Thanks a lot, Principessa, for these two photos. I must have missed the one of the Princess at the welcoming in Qatar. If only we had a close-up photo of the earrings Maxima wore...

Posting links - press the URL button above the text box and then write/paste the adress you want us to see in between the and the. There is an easier way, though that would not be a hyperlink - just copy the url/adress and paste it in the text box (where you write your posts). Hope that explanation would help!

Regards,
Bobby

Principessa

Rough_Rock
Thank you Bobby! :)
It sounds so easy, when you explain it.I will try next time once the occasion arrises.
Here I found the largest cut yellow topaz..I have to admit my ignorance not knowing it sits in the Smithonian museum in New York.
The picture of the uncut stones is amazing IMO!

american_golden_topaz.jpg

Lindsay_Uncut_Topaz.jpg

Principessa

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299781839|2868905 said:
Apparently Princess Maxima's earrings from last night are a rather expensive pair with rubies, citrines, tink tourmalines, beryls and diamonds from Diane von Furstemberg. The earrings can be worn in a shorter version or as brooches. The dinner was not a State Banqet, but a private dinner with the ruling family.

Bobby
Very pretty! Do you know what bracelet she wears, looks like it could be also DVF? What do you think?

Principessa

Rough_Rock
..and here from the last day of the Qatar visit. Pretty isn't it?

ISOPIX_20251587-007.JPG.jpeg

Principessa

Rough_Rock
..here is slightly better view of the bracelet..

watermark-1.php.jpeg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299781155|2868898 said:
Thanks, Alexaner, for answering my question! :)

jean95404|1299722539|2868556 said:
Re: The Diamond Safety Pin

I have looked at this photo of the Princess wearing the safety pin for two days thinking that my opinion of it might change. It hasn't. Sometimes a piece can come across as amusing but this one falls flat with me. Actually, for the occasion it is being worn at, I think it borders on ill chosen. More suitable to a lapel of a suit or on a sweater...something more casual in style. All together the outfit that the Princess chose is not up to her usual standard of style. I always enjoy seeing what she is wearing, and truly envy her slim figure which shows her clothes off to wonderful advantage.

I coudn't agree more, Jean! I personally wouldn't mind seeing the safety-pin at the back of HRH's gown, but just not in front! And why is she almost always wearing brooches pinned on her waist, rather than the traditional way (on the lapel)? It looks as if the stars of the orders and the brooches switch places... But the's the practice in the house de Bourdon, it seems - The Queen and the Infantas also wear their stars on their breas, though sometimes balanced with a brooch on the other side (that's made mostly by HM).

A close-up of the diamond encrusted safety-pin (I wonder where it came from?):

Bobby

When I saw the photo for the first time (without reading the text that accompanied it) I thought, "Oh, the order came loose from its pin and fell off but the pin is still on." The piece is too small even for someone as petite as Princess Letizia is, too casual and too whimsical for a tiara event. Kind of like wearing flip flops with a ball gown. Ah well, she nearly always hit the high mark, and who can ever forget that red formal dress she wore a couple of years ago. I mean, she really WORE it!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Principessa|1299786457|2868965 said:
Very pretty! Do you know what bracelet she wears, looks like it could be also DVF? What do you think?

Impossible! The former Princess Diane wasn't born at the time the bracelet was made ;-)
It most probably belonged to Queen Sophie (nee von Württemberg). Queen Wilhelmina wore the bracelet with the ruby parure; Queen Juliana wore it most notably at her investiture. Queen Beatrix wore it last year at the private party for Margrethe II's 70th birthday and for an official photograph. Princesses Maxima, Laurentien and Irene have also worn it.
Here are some photos:

Bobby

WilhelminaRPProfile.jpg

234e.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Principessa|1299786907|2868970 said:

The Princess loks quite pretty indeed and the jewels look nice as well. I just wish she'd worn something else on her head...
Here's a photo without the nasty watermark over HRH's face - http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2011/PPE11031074.jpg

Tonight there was a concert in Queen Beatrix & the Orange couple's honour in Qatar.... and I'm happy to say that another tiara has been added to those Maxima has access to... She wore Queen Emma's diamond tiara, while The Queen wore the (much smaller) diamond bandeau. Honestly, it looks like they changed tiaras before the gala, yet I'm happy! Her Majesty also wore riviere, pendant earrings and bracelet. Princess Maxima wore her mother-in-law's long diamond earrings.
Sheikha Mozah, the hostess, wore some diamond earrings.

Can someone guess when and if we've seen these dresses on the Duch royal ladies?

Princess Maxima, Queen Beatrix, Sheikha Mozah (no dazzling gown for her tonight) and The Prince of Orange:
Princess Maxima with the new to her tiara:
A glimpse of Sheikha Mozah's earrings and Queen Beatrix's jewels:

Bobby

6a00d8341c648253ef014e5fc5b3b2970c.jpg

PPE11031080.jpg

PPE11031078.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
jean95404|1299788307|2868987 said:
When I saw the photo for the first time (without reading the text that accompanied it) I thought, "Oh, the order came loose from its pin and fell off but the pin is still on." The piece is too small even for someone as petite as Princess Letizia is, too casual and too whimsical for a tiara event. Kind of like wearing flip flops with a ball gown. Ah well, she nearly always hit the high mark, and who can ever forget that red formal dress she wore a couple of years ago. I mean, she really WORE it!

Through the years Ltizia has worn many red dresses. The last time I can think of was at the concert and dinner offered by the Swedish Government and Parliament last year.Which dress do you have in mind, Jean?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ladies and Gentleman, please follow this link to see more glittering photos from tonight's concert in Doha - http://www.royalblog.nl/
It looks like Sheikha Mozah wore a diamond and ruby brooch.
On a personal note - the more I look at photos from the concert, the more I think it was more suitable for HM and HRH to swap tiaras.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

jean95404

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299792865|2869058 said:
jean95404|1299788307|2868987 said:

Through the years Ltizia has worn many red dresses. The last time I can think of was at the concert and dinner offered by the Swedish Government and Parliament last year.Which dress do you have in mind, Jean?

Bobby

This is the link to the dress I was referring to Bobby. I think it was worn at the wedding of Crown Prince Frederick. If so, it was kind of cheeky to wear a dress like that to a wedding.
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...rk/50837694.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299792418|2869054 said:
Principessa|1299786907|2868970 said:

The Princess loks quite pretty indeed and the jewels look nice as well. I just wish she'd worn something else on her head...
Here's a photo without the nasty watermark over HRH's face - http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Mar2011/PPE11031074.jpg

Tonight there was a concert in Queen Beatrix & the Orange couple's honour in Qatar.... and I'm happy to say that another tiara has been added to those Maxima has access to... She wore Queen Emma's diamond tiara, while The Queen wore the (much smaller) diamond bandeau. Honestly, it looks like they changed tiaras before the gala, yet I'm happy! Her Majesty also wore riviere, pendant earrings and bracelet. Princess Maxima wore her mother-in-law's long diamond earrings.
Sheikha Mozah, the hostess, wore some diamond earrings.

Can someone guess when and if we've seen these dresses on the Duch royal ladies?

Princess Maxima, Queen Beatrix, Sheikha Mozah (no dazzling gown for her tonight) and The Prince of Orange:
Princess Maxima with the new to her tiara:
A glimpse of Sheikha Mozah's earrings and Queen Beatrix's jewels:

Bobby

Crown Princess Maxima's gown was first seen in 2010, possibly the opening of Parliment. It's interesting with the large size beadwork on the wrists, around the neck and down the front.

jean95404

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299848556|2869491 said:
Jean, your link doesn't work (for me at least). Is this the dress you mean:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/50838060/Getty-Images-Entertainment
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/50837694/AFP
If so, I agree with you that it's one of the best she's worn to date :)

The earrings Mrs Ortiz wore then are also very nice - http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/52115542/Tim-Graham-Photo-Library

Bobby

That is the dress I was referring to. Thank you, Bobby, for posting an accurate link to it.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome Jean! I've always found it rather strange that Letizia never wore the two dresses from Fredrik & Mary's wedding festives again. They're some of her best to date, IMO. (I'm reapeating myself, I know!)
You're right - Maxima's dress from the Opera gala was first worn at Prinsjesdag 2010.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I am glad to be able to finally post links to some clear watermark-free photos from last night's Opera gala in Qatar.
The Queen:
http://d2.img.dutchphotopress.com/8/892114d7965caa9590693310603.jpg

Princess Maxima:
http://d2.img.dutchphotopress.com/8/892114d7965238dc5e856757680.jpg
http://d2.img.dutchphotopress.com/8/892114d79644c3aee7552306083.jpg
http://d2.img.dutchphotopress.com/8/892114d7965ccd4f17076139442.jpg

Her Majesty wore a nice necklace of gray pearls with drop at the airport (they must be in the Netherlands by now):
http://d2.img.dutchphotopress.com/8/892114d79d9d5644f7516436390.jpg

PS: I promise these are the last photos I post from that State Visit.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I really do not like the dress for Queen Beatrix. It looks like the curtains in my grandmother's house.

I'm still undecided on the earrings for Princess Maxima. I like the design, but there's something about the colors that just clashes for me.

The Danbury Mint has announced it is doing a Catherine Middleton bride doll. Obviously, this is not what the dress will look like (and it has her wearing the Spencer tiara), but I must say, this would not be a bad design at all! I quite like it!

Here's a link for a bigger picture

http://www.danburymint.com/collectibles/prod/6AE/Princess-Kate-Bride-Doll_9847-0016.aspx

catherinemiddletonbridedoll.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, maybe someone can answer this question:

Has anyone heard anything from the Japanese Royal Family after the earthquake?

I've seen many heads of state offering condolances to the Emperor, but I have not seen or heard any comments out of the Imperial Household Agency. Do we even know if the royal family is all right?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1299958283|2870276 said:
I really do not like the dress for Queen Beatrix. It looks like the curtains in my grandmother's house.

I'm still undecided on the earrings for Princess Maxima. I like the design, but there's something about the colors that just clashes for me.

The Danbury Mint has announced it is doing a Catherine Middleton bride doll. Obviously, this is not what the dress will look like (and it has her wearing the Spencer tiara), but I must say, this would not be a bad design at all! I quite like it!

Here's a link for a bigger picture

http://www.danburymint.com/collectibles/prod/6AE/Princess-Kate-Bride-Doll_9847-0016.aspx

I quite like the idea of Catherine wearing a dress with a similar design. It certanly looks nice. I only wish (and I so hope) she'll wear her hair up... It makes a far more sophisticated look, in my opinion.

The larger photo - http://www.danburymint.com/secure/Content/ImagesProducts/f164287c-3952-4133-83e4-c17ab1bff2c7.jpg

BTW, do the Windsors own any historical/family lace vails? It would be nice to see Miss Middleton wearing one. Sort of like Mary Donaldson at her 2004 royal wedding :)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1299959280|2870280 said:

I've seen many heads of state offering condolances to the Emperor, but I have not seen or heard any comments out of the Imperial Household Agency. Do we even know if the royal family is all right?

I guess they're all safe and sound in the Imperial Palace. But I find it more than strange that the Emperor hasn't addressed his subjects after such a disaster.... And also no member of the IF has visited the affected arias...I wish His Majesty would talk to his people soon...
So far the British, Swedish and Norwegian monarchs (am I missing s.o.), as well as the Walses have sent their letters of condolences to the Emperor and the peope of Japan.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299964832|2870319 said:
BTW, do the Windsors own any historical/family lace vails? It would be nice to see Miss Middleton wearing one. Sort of like Mary Donaldson at her 2004 royal wedding :)

Bobby

I don't know about lace veils, but I do remember reading that the bodice of Diana's wedding dress had lace on it from Queen Mary.

Queen Victoria made much about her wedding veil of Honiton Lace. I wonder what happened to it.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299965938|2870325 said:
LadyMaria|1299959280|2870280 said:

I guess they're all safe and sound in the Imperial Palace. But I find it more than strange that the Emperor hasn't addressed his subjects after such a disaster.... And also no member of the IF has visited the affected arias...I wish His Majesty would talk to his people soon...
So far the British, Swedish and Norwegian monarchs (am I missing s.o.), as well as the Walses have sent their letters of condolences to the Emperor and the peope of Japan.

Bobby

You express the point I was trying to make very well Bobby. Everyone else has expressed concern, but there has been no response from the IF at all. The last time I felt this....well...disillusioned with the example a monarch set was the first few days after Diana was killed and QEII didn't seem to care. I would hate to think the Emperor didn't care about what his people are going through.

Principessa

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1299795272|2869093 said:
Ladies and Gentleman, please follow this link to see more glittering photos from tonight's concert in Doha - http://www.royalblog.nl/
It looks like Sheikha Mozah wore a diamond and ruby brooch.
On a personal note - the more I look at photos from the concert, the more I think it was more suitable for HM and HRH to swap tiaras.

Bobby

First, thank you Bobby for the bracelet information and great pictures! You made me laugh!!!;-)
It looks different on P.Maxima's wrist, since she wears it in a different manner, doesn't she? the smaller element almost on her hand.
Lovely piece! Are there also baroque pearls on it, or is it just the way it was photographed?

Bobby I agree about the tiara swap, but it made me think, if that isn't the Queen's diplomatic gesture, suggesting her abdication any time soon?
just a thought... :)

Principessa

Rough_Rock
..I know, Bobby, you said"last pictures from the state visit'...but here just one! the veeeeery last...promise! :D

2011-0311-netherlands-maxima.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Principessa|1299980808|2870481 said:
First, thank you Bobby for the bracelet information and great pictures! You made me laugh!!!;-)
It looks different on P.Maxima's wrist, since she wears it in a different manner, doesn't she? the smaller element almost on her hand.
Lovely piece! Are there also baroque pearls on it, or is it just the way it was photographed?

Bobby I agree about the tiara swap, but it made me think, if that isn't the Queen's diplomatic gesture, suggesting her abdication any time soon?
just a thought... :)

You're most welcome, Principessa! Yes, the Princess is wearing the bracelet the other way around - with the longer element facing her palm; and no, there aren't any (baroque) perals in it, just diamonds and rubies.

I don't think the chice of tiaras for HM and HRH indicates a recent abdication. Queen Beatrix has worn the diamond bandeau while Princesses Maxima and Margriet have worn bigger tiaras before*. Furtermore, Her Majesty has said that she'd like to give Wilem-Alexander some time with his young family before the duties of head of state come. So, as long as Trix feels well enough to perform her duties as Queen, she'll be The Queen of the Netherlamds. And IMO there's a fari chance to see her celebrating 40 years on the throne.
*Here's an exmaple from mid 2006 and, as we know well, The Queen is still on the throne :)

Bobby

MaximaTiara6.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results