shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY...thank you SO much Bobby! I"m excited to see these photos...especially Mary's brooch up close and personal!

Lori

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing the picture of Countess Alexandra (ex-wife of Prince Joachim) got me to thinking...what happened to the diamond drop tiara after the divorce? Wasn't that tiara a gift from Queen Margarethe? Did she have to give it back? She doesn't wear it anymore (not that there's any functions for her to wear it to anyway). Is it being saved for a future wife of Nikolai and Felix?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
loriken214 said:
YAY...thank you SO much Bobby! I"m excited to see these photos...especially Mary's brooch up close and personal!

Lori

You're most welcome, Lori! I'm happy each and every time I can help!

Here's a phot Princess Benedikte's brooch, which I forgot to post yeasterday. Princess Thyra left to Queen Ingrid, who in turn gave (or left) it to her daughter Benedikte. It is believed that Queen Lovisa brought the brooch to Denmark from Sweden:

Today I remembered about another exmaple of sapphire jewel marking a birth - This Art Deco sapphire and diamond pendant was given to Princess Carolin-Mathilde by her husband Prince Knud when their daughter Elizabeth was born. Today the pendant is owned and worn by Princess Elizabeth:

Bobby

sapphire_brooch_benedikte.JPG

sapphire_pendant_elizabeth_denamrk.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
Seeing the picture of Countess Alexandra (ex-wife of Prince Joachim) got me to thinking...what happened to the diamond drop tiara after the divorce? Wasn't that tiara a gift from Queen Margarethe? Did she have to give it back? She doesn't wear it anymore (not that there's any functions for her to wear it to anyway). Is it being saved for a future wife of Nikolai and Felix?

MJ, you're right - Queen Alexandrine's diamond drop tiara was a wedding present from The Queen. I guess the situation of Countess Alexandra and tthe diamond drop tiara is the same as Diana, Princess of Wales and the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara - she is allowed to keep it, but can ot sell it or loan to anyone else and it will go to one of her sons (or both of them) some day. The Countess has worn it once since the divorce - at the annual reception on January 1st 2006 when she was still a member of the Royal House. Also since the divorce HE (with her current and ex husbands) attended a white-tie wedding, but only wore gold earrings.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HH The Emir of Quatar and his wife, Sheikha Mozah, are on a three day State Visit to the United Kingdom. The Emir and Sheikha Mozah were greated by The Queen , The Duke of Edindurgh, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall in Windsor Castle, where later today (or maybe at the moment) a State Banquet will be held (that means better photos and footage).

At the welcomng ceremony The Queen wore this gold, diamond and ruby brooch:http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aTle4Z5dY4wO/x610.jpg

But under the coat HM was wearing the Hibiscus brooch:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/10...FECA5F05BB86F54E08A1BB5C6095451563E3F71A18D4B

The Sheikha wore diamond earrings and multi strand pearl necklace:http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02bLbHC3Pl24Q/610x.jpg

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a well-known suit and pair of enemal(?) flower broochs:http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/10...8838349768C0254E08A1BB5C609545C211E9283DD006D

Bobby

sv.quatar.26.1.2010wcq.jpg

106062748.jpg

sv.quatar.26.1.2010wcm.jpg

106062362.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TM King Olav and Queen Sonja of Norway are also on a three day State Visit but to Slovakia. This night The Queen wore her golden tiara without a central stone and the matching choker and earrings. Not the best combo with the royal bue dress and the red ribbons, IMO...

14096471.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
First photos from the State Banquet in Windsor Castle and I'm happy!

The Queen with the Vladimir tiara and a pearl/diamond necklace & earrings that were a gift from Qatar during a previous visit. Also nice to see that Sheikha Mozah has a British order (albeit a junior one): http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/10...11C6A61468BFD78C0FC6144247D27EBE71D6D2243C800

The Duchess of Cornwall with the Honeycomb tiara and a necklace I don'r recognise: http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/10...B08C35D0E182378C0FC6144247D276A71DE432F3F9B6C

The Princess Royal wearing the Greek Key tiara: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/10...B51B625058E0078C0FC6144247D273B76666157880E25

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This evening the Lord Mayor hosted a banquet at the Guldhall for TH the Emir of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah. TRH The Duke & The Duchess of Gloucester also attended, as usually.

Though hard to tell from this photo, it seems that the Duchess is wearing the Iveagh tiara. But what's more obvious is that HRH needs a new evening gown!http://www.daylife.com/photo/0by90OegBhdWP?q=guildhall

The Sheikha wore a quite impressive diamond necklace and the Lady Mayoress a small tiara:

Bobby

610mnx.jpg

14103706.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
TM King Olav and Queen Sonja of Norway are also on a three day State Visit but to Slovakia. This night The Queen wore her golden tiara without a central stone and the matching choker and earrings. Not the best combo with the royal bue dress and the red ribbons, IMO...

Yuck. I normally like royal blue, but the color just doesn't look right with her skin tone. I think someone way earlier in this thread called this tiara the "Xena Warrior Princess" tiara. It looks cheap to me.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
This evening the Lord Mayor hosted a banquet at the Guldhall for TH the Emir of Qatar and Sheikha Mozah. TRH The Duke & The Duchess of Gloucester also attended, as usually.

Though hard to tell from this photo, it seems that the Duchess is wearing the Iveagh tiara. But what's more obvious is that HRH needs a new evening gown!http://www.daylife.com/photo/0by90OegBhdWP?q=guildhall

The Sheikha wore a quite impressive diamond necklace and the Lady Mayoress a small tiara:

Bobby

Here's a close-up of The Duchess I found today - the Iveagh tiara, 2 diamond collet necklaces, a pendant/brooch with large Oriental pearl/ a diamond belt buckle and diamond cluster earrings:

ghdogqatar.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Very nice panel, Josefine. I hope you can add more photos to it in the future.
The second photo on the 6th row and the last photo on the 5th wore actually taken of the very same day. The offical portrait (6/2) was taken ahead of a representation dinner that HM attended some years ago (5/4). Thus, I'm sure if these photos can be considered different wearings of the Braganca tiara.

Is this the portrait of Queen Josephine that you have in mind?

The origianal image - http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2972943670094285158FFKcvD

josefine_brag_tiara.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thank you thats the one

do you also have a photo of queen josefina with the"Leuchtenberg tiara with pearls"

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
thank you thats the one

do you also have a photo of queen josefina with the"Leuchtenberg tiara with pearls"

Yes, I do have the photo. Are you perhaps assambling a panel for the Leuchtenberg tiara now? Do you have a photo of Queen Josefina wearing the Leuchtenberg tiara with the sapphire clusters?

The photo - note HM's stomacher and earrings! They are still in the Bernadotte collection.

Josephine_de_Leuchtenberg_5.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I have a quetion - are these two necklaces the same and are the large pear-shaped pearls the ones that were used with the Leuchemberg tiara?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

CtsGertyBernadotte-1.jpg

JosephineSwedenNorway.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here's ahother portrait of Queen Josefine with the same necklace:

2057649360094285158NDnoXR_ph.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i thought about to make a try to make a Leuchtenberg set panel
thank you so much for the photo

is it lilians necklace worn by queen josefina here?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
Very nice panel, Josefine. I hope you can add more photos to it in the future.
The second photo on the 6th row and the last photo on the 5th wore actually taken of the very same day. The offical portrait (6/2) was taken ahead of a representation dinner that HM attended some years ago (5/4). Thus, I'm sure if these photos can be considered different wearings of the Braganca tiara.

Is this the portrait of Queen Josephine that you have in mind?

The origianal image - http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2972943670094285158FFKcvD

what ever happned to this necklac?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
what ever happned to this necklac?

I wish I knew! It looks quite impressive, doesn't it?

Josefine said:
i thought about to make a try to make a Leuchtenberg set panel
thank you so much for the photo

is it lilians necklace worn by queen josefina here?

You're welcome!
A panel with the Leuchtemberg tiara would be really nice to see, Josefine. I hope we'll see it in the near future ;-)

Yes, Queen Jesephine's devant-de-corsage is now part of a necklace frequently used by Princess Lilian in the past and a couple of times by The Queen. It's a bit altered, though.

lilian.stom.pend.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today is the 10th anniversary of of the death of a deeply missed lady - HM Queen Ingrid of Denmark, Princess of Sweden. May Her Majesty rest in peace!

3415359876_40766e7391_o.jpg

24546878056794571.jpg

icdtba.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I treated myself to a pair of great new books on royal families of the world and royal jewels. When my school goes on vacation in a couple of weeks I'll scan and post some pictures

Princess Caroline at the Princess Grace Awards...I don't like the earrings or the dress. It looks like reading the tabloids on her husband has been taking a toll on her too....

carolinegraceawards2.jpg

carolinegraceawards3.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1287617373|2742511 said:
Cordata said:
I thought of creating another panel of Queen Alexandra. But I would need everyone's help for collecting pictures and making a list of the tiaras she has worn.
I know about the following:
1. the circlet of her crown worn together with Queen Victoria's small crown
2. the state diadem
3. the Rundell tiara (big and smaller version)
4. the kokoshnik tiara
5. the amethyst tiara
What did I miss?
the Rundell tiara

That's wonderful news, Cordata! Here's what I have to say - Queen Alexandra didn't wear the circlet of her own crown with the small crown - it's the Regal Circlet of Queen Victoria (far more delicate that Alexandra's); There's another amethyst and diamond tiara HM owned, though saddly there aren't photos of her wearing it - http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/queen-alexandra/q-alexandra-amethysts.htm and I'd there's also this crown - http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/queen-alexandra/india-necklace-alexandra.htm and this gold kokoshnik - http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/queen-alexandra/queen-gold-ornaments.htm.

Googd luck with the panel!

Bobby
Thanks for your links and your kind words. It took me quite long to finish my Queen Alexandra tiara panel (real life can be quite busy at times!) I hope you all enjoy it, although it is quite small. But we have to blame dear Queen Alexandra for that. She just didn't leave enough photos of herself with different tiaras. To fill up the panel I even used tiaras which she never which she never wore on a photo: The convertible amethyst necklace tiara which QEQM unfortunately sold, and the Indian circlet tiara. It is said that it was Queen Alexandra who changed the stones from opal to rubies, so I think she must have worn it also. I left out the golden kokoshnik because I didn't want to steal the artwork from the magnificent Royal-Magazine site.

Queen Alexandra Panel2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, Cordata! You've created another nice panel! Thanks for posting it here.

But I'll have to correct you - Queen Alexandra's convertable amethyst tiara was sold by her granddaughter Princess Maud, Countess of Southesk's heirs (or rather an heir of an heir). You must be confussing this with a full amethyst and diamond parure from Queen Mary that was allegedly sold by The Queen Mother, though it might well be someone else;-)

Bobby

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
What is the tiara (second line, second photo) in the Alexandra panel? I don't recognize it. Does anyone have a better picture of it on a different royal lady? Also the tiara (color picture) next to the amyethst piece, what is that? Any history, Bobby?. I don't recognize either of these. Are the pieces still in tact or have they been split up, too fragile to wear? Thanks as usual.

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
These panels are lovely, Cordata, thank you for sharing them with us!

I'm not Bobby, Laurensmama, but I can tell you that the circlet in the second photo of Queen Alexandra is not a tiara, but one of Queen Victoria's regal circlets. Here is the empty frame, and also a picture of Queen Victoria wearing it. I'm familiar with the photo of Queen Alexandra, and it's definitely during the middle-to-late years of her husband's reign (if not after he passed away, not sure about the date).

Hope that helped!

frame_QV_rc.jpg

queenvictoria-regalcircletp.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
laurensmama|1289568957|2763221 said:
What is the tiara (second line, second photo) in the Alexandra panel? I don't recognize it. Does anyone have a better picture of it on a different royal lady? Also the tiara (color picture) next to the amyethst piece, what is that? Any history, Bobby?. I don't recognize either of these. Are the pieces still in tact or have they been split up, too fragile to wear? Thanks as usual.

Second Line, second photo...I think you mean the small crown? That looks like a shot of one of the fancy dress balls, like the Devonshire ball of 1897.

The color picture of the tiara next to the amyethst is the Oriental Circlet tiara. It was made for Queen Victoria and designed by her husband. It originally had opals, but Queen Alexandra had them replaced with rubies becuase she thought opals were bad luck. This tiara was a favorite Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results