carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 2:56:48 AM
Author: Josefine
i do not think this is very glittering necklace but its one of the first official photos in ''gala''

Looking at this necklace again and again it seems to me that it may have an Egyptian design (the stones and I think the center is in the form of two scarabs). The only Swedish royal I can think of to have had a special connection to Egypt was CP Margaret (nee of Great Britain). I think it would be nice if that''s the real provenance of the necklace.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Royal Order of Kamehameha the Great and the collar.

hawaii-Kam Collar.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s the Royal Order of Kalakaua

hawaii-Kala Collar.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, the Royal Order of Kapi''olani

hawaii-Kapiolani GCb.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
If I understand it correctly these are Hawaiian orders, right?

LadyMaria, I remember a lovely story you told us many, many pages ago about the tiara on your avatar and the 'title' at the end of each of your posts. Is it possible for you to post a photo of the tiara, please.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the pictures I posted were Hawai''ian Orders.

Ah, my title...
5.gif
I think Bobby and Lori are the only ones still here from when I was on before, so I should probably explain my "title."

Back when my daughter was about 3 months old and my son was 7, they both came down with nasty stomach bugs. There was one really bad night where they were alternating throwing up. I''d get one floor cleaned up, the other one would throw up in bed, I''d have to change that bed, and repeat this process a couple of times during the night.

After that very rough night, my husband said I was the "Princess of Puke" and he bought me a little tiara at the local craft store to commemorate the occasion.

My husband tolerates my mania for pretty, sparkly things and will occasionally buy me these little tiaras. So far I am:

Queen of Spackle (I never knew how cool spackling compond was!)
Princess of Packing (we''ve moved 5 times, one of them was from Michigan to Texas)
Countess of Cakes (I do cake decorating on the side)
Princess of Puke (see above)
Tsarina of Teaching (I was teacher of the year at my school last year)
Madame Mad Scientist (I won another award for teaching middle school science this year)

I have a tiara for each of these...I wouldn''t call them "Royal Jewels" but if you want pics, I''ll gladly take pictures and post them!
1.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Lady Maria, that story is so, so sweet! What a wonderfully charming husband you have. I for one would love to see the "royal" tiaras!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 1:06:11 PM
Author: LadyMaria

I have a tiara for each of these...I wouldn't call them 'Royal Jewels' but if you want pics, I'll gladly take pictures and post them!
1.gif

Yes, please! As I siad before I'd like to see photos of your "royal jewels", no matter if they aren't what we normally see on this board.

PS: Congratulations for being named "Teacher of the year"! You and your family must be very proud.

Bobby

estelaris

Rough_Rock
This is a really cute story!

Hi guys!!! It''s been a while that I have posted something. Sorry!
However, I do look at the forum regularly!!!
9.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Okey dokey, let''s see how these pictures came out...

Here is the first of my "Royal Jewels" for the Queen of Spackle. Whenever we would move out of a new apartment, I would wear my Queen of Spackle tiara. Spackling compound is truly amazing stuff!

spackle.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that came out pretty good. Sometimes I surprise myself...

Next we have the "Princess of Packing." This is my husband''s tribute to the five moves we''ve done (this was actually for our fourth move from Austin, Texas to Dallas, Texas) and having everything unpacked within a week.

packing.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the "Countess of Cakes." I took my first cake decorating class when I was in 4th grade. My mom and I did my wedding cake. At every school I''ve taught at I volunteer to do cakes for baby showers, bridal showers, and to prevent teachers from going insane at the end of the year.

cakes.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 8:05:33 PM
Okey dokey, let''s see how these pictures came out...

Here is the first of my ''Royal Jewels'' for the Queen of Spackle. Whenever we would move out of a new apartment, I would wear my Queen of Spackle tiara. Spackling compound is truly amazing stuff!

That sounds really dumb. Guess I was paying more attention to how the pictures came out that what I was typing.
26.gif
When we would move out of an old apartment and into a new apartment, I''d spackle the holes in the old apartment. I''d wear my Queen of Spackle tiara while doing this.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a close up of the "Princess of Puke."

puke.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is the "Tsarina of Teaching." This was for last year when my fellow teachers voted for me as Teacher of the Year for my campus.

teaching.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And last, but not least, "Madam Mad Scientist." This was for this past November when I won the Middle School Science Teacher of the Year Award for the state of Texas.

madammad.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I have one activity where I work with students on different rock types and their properties and I wear one of my tiaras to school. They freak out a little when they walk into class and I''m wearing a formal gown and a "diamond" parure. I tell them I am the Queen of Geologica and they are going to bring me gifts, but they need to understand what types of rocks I like and don''t like. After all, I am royalty and have very discriminating tastes. I lay it on pretty thick and they are rolling their eyes as we get into the lesson.

Here I am as the Queen of Geologica. I''m wearing my Princess of Puke Tiara.

queengeo.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here my "royal jewels" that are real...

Diamond ering...this is not the original diamond. My original diamond was quite small. So small in fact, that the kidney stone I passed in 1998 was larger than my diamond. We didn''t have a lot when we started. For our 10th anniversary he upgraded my ring to a 0.33, D clarity, VS1 diamond.

weddingringladymaria.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is my tanzanite and diamond set. My husband bought me the tanzanite ring when our son was born, and the diamond band when our daughter was born. The diamond band is intended to fit under a diamond 3 stone ring, but it fits under my tanzanite perfectly.

tanzantiediamond.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria, fantastic! Too few women wear tiaras these days. I like your style.

Thanks for the Hawaiian orders. I don''t know if you remember but I live in Hawaii and I did a few posts about Hawaiian regalia and palaces awhile back. I''m sorry I don''t have the page number, but if you haven''t seen those posts and if you ever go through all these pages, I hope you''ll enjoy them.

Welcome back.
36.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 1:53:37 AM
Author: Imdanny
LadyMaria, fantastic! Too few women wear tiaras these days. I like your style.

Thanks for the Hawaiian orders. I don''t know if you remember but I live in Hawaii and I did a few posts about Hawaiian regalia and palaces awhile back. I''m sorry I don''t have the page number, but if you haven''t seen those posts and if you ever go through all these pages, I hope you''ll enjoy them.

Welcome back.
36.gif

Mahalo! It''s good to be back!

I do remember seeing a few mentions of Hawai''ian royalty when I got reacquainted with the site, which is why I thought to throw in the tidbits I learned on my trip. I''ve been a fan of Ka''iulani ever since and think her story and tragically short life was amazing. I was only on the Big Island during my stay on Mauna Kea, but I hope to go back with my husband some day and see more. What is your favorite island?

I figure so what if I''m 38 years old...I like my pretty sparkly things! And I''m getting my keiki into it too...the Tsarina of Teaching tiara fits her quite well and she calls it her "crown." She doesn''t like my Madam Mad Scientist tiara...she says it''s "too big!"

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the photos, MJ! You have a nice collection of sparkly tiaras, even if they aren''t the real thing. My favouritess are the Princess of Puke and the Tsarina of Teaching. I''m particularly fond of fringe tiaras and understand why your daughter likes it too.

As Danny said, you''r one of the few non-royal women that still bother wearing tiaras. Congrats!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine, I''m still waiting for the summary of Familjen Bernadotte part 1. Here''s a link to the second part for everyone interested - Familjen Bernadotte del 2.

Josefine, I''d ask to do a short summary of part 2 when you have time. This time I''d like to understand what Pss Christina, the Overhovmastarinna and Queen Margrethe II said. Queen Silvia was asked about her fater''s Nazi paest, but she didn''t say much. What did she say? Also what did Victoria and Madeleine said about their mother?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 75th Birthday to HH Princess Elizabeth of Denmark! Many happy returns!

3354107_POLFOTO.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 9:34:34 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Thanks for the photos, MJ! You have a nice collection of sparkly tiaras, even if they aren''t the real thing. My favouritess are the Princess of Puke and the Tsarina of Teaching. I''m particularly fond of fringe tiaras and understand why your daughter likes it too.

As Danny said, you''r one of the few non-royal women that still bother wearing tiaras. Congrats!

Bobby

I thought the Tsarina one did resemble a Russian fringe tiara too...that''s why I chose a Russian style title for that tiara. I would say the Princess of Puke is more of a floral motiff. Madam Mad Scientist looks a little like the Poltimore tiara that was owned by Princess Margaret. Here''s a picture of that one for comparison (I''m sure it''s been posted here sometime before, but this will save you the trouble of hunting for it).

PoltimoreTiaracompare.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This illustrates just how much my little girl is loving her sparkly things, just like mommy!

mylittlecuteprincess.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
She''s not royal yet, and may never be, but Chelsy Davy attended Prince Harry''s helicopter graduation ceremony this week. She has a nice pendant necklace with what looks like matching earrings.

chelsygraduation.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Duchess of Cornwall was there with a nice brooch, earrings, and still wearing her boot.

Would it be totally out of line for her to accessorize said boot with some diamond clips or something?
41.gif

camillagraduation.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 10:26:28 AM
The Duchess of Cornwall was there with a nice brooch, earrings, and still wearing her boot.

Would it be totally out of line for her to accessorize said boot with some diamond clips or something?
41.gif

First, I'd like to say that you daugther is really adorable with the small fringe tiara. She actually reminds me of Princess Shahnaz Pahlavi at her father and Empress Farah's Coronation.

MJ, do you really think that Camilla should adorn the boot with diamond pins/clips? I think HRH already feels quite uncomfortable with it (both because of pain and her overall appearance) and there's no reason for her to attract people's attention to it even way. Yes, it's totally out of her line to do so.

What HRH The Duchess of Cornwall wore was not a real brooch, but the diamond badge of the British Air Forces (RAF):

98904577.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 3:58:12 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 5/8/2010 10:26:28 AM

MJ, do you really think that Camilla should adorn the boot with diamond pins/clips? I think HRH already feels quite uncomfortable with it (both because of pain and her overall appearance) and there''s no reason for her to attract people''s attention to it even way. Yes, it''s totally out of her line to do so.

Oh no, I wasn''t being serious....I guess the sarcasm didn''t come across.
19.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results