carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 6:14:37 PM
Author: LadyMaria
Well, I've been off Pricescope for a couple of years now...new teaching job, new house, two kids...man, did time slip away from me! There's a lot of new faces around since the last time I was on here. But I've rediscovered this site, so I'll see what new stuff I can contribute!
1.gif

Welcome back to Pricescope, LadyMaria!

Thanks for sharing your photos and info on the Hawaiian royals and their jewels. There're at least two things I learned - that Hawaii didn't follow Salic law and that Hawaiian royals attended the 1897 Golden Jubliee.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not exactly royal, yet with many royal connections - On 29th Dame Elizabeth Taylor and Prince Chales attended a Royal Welsh College gala evening at Buckingham Palace. Ms Taylor wore La Peregrina peral necklace, 2 ruby and diamond bracelets, a ruby and diamond cluster ring, The Krupp diamond ring (I''m not sure) and peal drop earrings:

654610.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ms Taylor really saddened me. Just think how beatiful, dignified looking, glamoarous, etc, etc she was and seeing her now in that wheelchair (and the wig)...
7.gif

Another one:

654611.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Back to royalty - Today Princess Martha Louise of Norway attended the STARVISIT at the Burda Medien Park Verlage, Offenburg, Germany. HH wore a nice pendant and ring. I''m not keen on the watch:

854535.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Aagain 29th April, this time in Monaco - Princess Caroline of Hanover, Princess of Monaco and her brother The Prince of Monaco attended the AMADE Association Gala Dinner at Hotel de Paris:

98753631.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s kind of a sad story from Sayn Wittgenstein-Berelburg (I''ll just call it SWB) in Germany...

Prince Gustav of Sayn Wittgenstein-Bereleburg is the son of Princess Benedickte of Denmark and Prince Richard of SWB. He is currently the hereditary prince of SWB because his grandfather, also called Prince Gustav, skipped his own son, Richard, and left everything to his grandson. He did this in order to avoid some death tax that would have done quite a bit of monetary damage to the family, like we’ve seen when Princess Margaret died and her children (Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto) had to sell quite a few amazing pieces of jewelry to pay the death taxes.

Part of the will that the elder Gustav wrote said that in order to keep the family estate, his grandson must marry a woman of noble descent, she must be a protestant, and must be full-blooded Aryan. Keep in mind this was at the height of WWII and Hitler was in charge of Germany.

Now we fast forward 50+ years, and young Prince Gustav is in love with Carina Axelsson, a woman who is not of noble decent, not full-blooded Aryan (she is Swedish and Mexican) and she’s not protestant. Gustav is faced with losing the estate to marry her. What further complicates the matter is that his own father, Richard, only gets money form the estate as long as Gustav is in charge. If Gustav “abdicates” to marry Carina, his parents are out a home and money as well.

Gustav has been protesting the will in German courts for years. Obviously those conditions are out of date with today’s society. Another point is that the will was probably made under duress. We all know how ruthless Hitler was and the elder Gustav may have literally had a gun to his head when making those conditions on the will. Nothing has come of it though, so they continue to live together. She is more or less accepted as part of the family and is even allowed to wear the family tiaras. In just about every other case, wearing the family tiara before marriage would be a massive faux paux, but given the uniqueness of the situation, no one complains.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Carina in a Floral tiara at Prince Joachim wedding to Marie

carina2jpg.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Carina in Princess Benedikte’s star tiara at Prince Henri’s birthday 2009

Carina3.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Carina at party for Queen Margaethe 70’th birthday. This appears to be a new tiara.

carina1.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 10:46:46 PM
Author: loriken214
Welcome back MJ!
35.gif

Thank you for the awesome history and photos!!!

Lori

It''s good to be back and feel like I''m contributing again!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 3:29:17 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 5/2/2010 6:14:37 PM

Well, I''ve been off Pricescope for a couple of years now...new teaching job, new house, two kids...man, did time slip away from me! There''s a lot of new faces around since the last time I was on here. But I''ve rediscovered this site, so I''ll see what new stuff I can contribute!
1.gif

Welcome back to Pricescope, LadyMaria!

Thanks for sharing your photos and info on the Hawaiian royals and their jewels. There''re at least two things I learned - that Hawaii didn''t follow Salic law and that Hawaiian royals attended the 1897 Golden Jubliee.

Bobby

Let me tell you...it was a fabulous trip! I found a great book called "Princess Ka''iulani, Hope of a Nation, Heart of a People" by Sharon Linnea that tells the whole story. I highly recommend it!

hawaiikeck.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 3:49:10 PM
Not exactly royal, yet with many royal connections - On 29th Dame Elizabeth Taylor and Prince Chales attended a Royal Welsh College gala evening at Buckingham Palace. Ms Taylor wore La Peregrina peral necklace, 2 ruby and diamond bracelets, a ruby and diamond cluster ring, The Krupp diamond ring (I''m not sure) and peal drop earrings:

My goodness, she does not look well! Interesting footwear, too!

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what kind of necklace does lilian were here?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and here is the photo princess lilian to the left

tr2325lilian.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
victoria as young pingvin brosches?

vicoriaTR8345.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
lilians wedding to prnce bertil of sweden

lilian216231.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
she did not wear a tiara but a brosch
same as this one i guess

lilianTR20292.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
What kind og brosch is she wearing here?
one of the brosches from Leuchtenberg set?

Nat27.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 6:19:31 AM
Author: Josefine
What kind og brosch is she wearing here?

one of the brosches from Leuchtenberg set?

No, it''s not from the parure, but it does contain a sapphire. According to Princess Lilian herself, the brooch belonged to her mother-in-law Crown Princess Margaret.
What''s more, you know that the Luchtemberg sapphire parure was worn by very few princesses who weren''t first ladies and I''m sure the King''s dearest aunt isn''t one of these happy ladies.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 7:53:24 PM
Here's kind of a sad story from Sayn Wittgenstein-Berelburg (I'll just call it SWB) in Germany...

I'm well aware of the story, but I still can't get some things:

1) If it's true that Hitler forced the 5th Prince to sign the will, then what was his benefit?
2) What would happen if Gustaf 'abdicates'? Who'll get Schloss Berleburg as The Hereditary Prince's uncle is out of the succession because of non-equel marriage?
3) The next heir is Bernhard, Prinz zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein. What would happen if he becomes 7th Prinz zu SWB - would his familyname change to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein-Berleburg?

I know that this is off topick but since you brought the subject...

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And while still on the SWB subject - recently I found this (not really good) photo of Princess Benedikte wearing the small corsage brooch Miss Axelson wore at the 2008 royal Danish wedding:

benedikte_stomacher_wow.JPG

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 3:42:54 PM

Date: 5/3/2010 7:53:24 PM
Here''s kind of a sad story from Sayn Wittgenstein-Berelburg (I''ll just call it SWB) in Germany...

I''m well aware of the story, but I still can''t get some things:

1) If it''s true that Hitler forced the 5th Prince to sign the will, then what was his benefit?
2) What would happen if Gustaf ''abdicates''? Who''ll get Schloss Berleburg as The Hereditary Prince''s uncle is out of the succession because of non-equel marriage?
3) The next heir is Bernhard, Prinz zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein. What would happen if he becomes 7th Prinz zu SWB - would his familyname change to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein-Berleburg?

I know that this is off topick but since you brought the subject...

Bobby
I''m guessing Hitler''s benefit was keeping this area under contorl of pure Aryan blood. I doubt Hiltler benefited monetarily from it, but he was more of an idealogue.

Another idea I''ve heard is that Gustav should liquidate the entire family forturne into other accounts or investments, then once the family fortune is "gone" he can marry Carina. I''ve even read about one suggestion that he sell the family estate to Carina.

Just goes to show how totally messed up the situation is!

What I find most interesting for this thread is that everyone, including the royal family of Denmark as well as SWB, treat Carina as if she is Gustav''s wife, right down to wearing the family jewels!

Only time will tell what happens...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 6:00:15 AM
she did not wear a tiara but a brosch

same as this one i guess

Exactly the same! Do you know where it comes from? Perhaps also an inheritance from Prince Bertil''s mother?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 4:07:21 PM
I''m guessing Hitler''s benefit was keeping this area under contorl of pure Aryan blood. I doubt Hiltler benefited monetarily from it, but he was more of an idealogue.

Another idea I''ve heard is that Gustav should liquidate the entire family forturne into other accounts or investments, then once the family fortune is ''gone'' he can marry Carina. I''ve even read about one suggestion that he sell the family estate to Carina.

Just goes to show how totally messed up the situation is!

What I find most interesting for this thread is that everyone, including the royal family of Denmark as well as SWB, treat Carina as if she is Gustav''s wife, right down to wearing the family jewels!

Only time will tell what happens...

Thanks for the quick reply, Lady Maria!

Thanks for the explanation! I''ve never really thought about Hitler''s probable wish to keep the territory as Aryan as possible.

You (and others) suggest transforming the family forune into investments, etc or even selling/transfering the Shloss to Carina, but still Gustav won''t be able to succede to the headship of the House of SWB (become 7th Prinz) if he marries her.

And yes, it nice to see the two families accepting her as part of them and letting her wear family jewels. If only she could be HSH The Hereditary Princess...

As you said - time will tell!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 5:16:25 AM
and here is the photo princess lilian to the left

Josefine, it's hard to tell from the photo, but to me it looks like one of those all-gold necklaces popular in the 1980s-1990s (and a bit tacky, IMO). It might well contain some topazes or similar stones, though.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today (4th May) The Queen And Duke Of Edinburgh visited Norwich Cathedral for a dedication service. The Queen wore her Jardine star brooch:

2010-0504-britain-elizabeth.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet picture of the Queen!

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and here is victoria with a very small brosch

585656as.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and here is a other one

04091435.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i do not think this is very glittering necklace but its one of the first official photos in "gala"

CH_00193.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results