shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At her wedding Dona Chrisitna wore the floral tiara and Queen Victoria Eugenia''s diamond earrings:

cris7yq.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 5:22:32 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Diamond tassel necklace:
She is so pretty here!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 3:56:42 PM
The Infanta owned the loop tiara, but it was bought by The King some years ago.

Here''s the sapphire tiara worn upside-down by Laura Ponte y Martinez, d-i-l of Dona Pilar:
Very interesting view of the upside down tiara!

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
30 years since Beatrix is Queen of the Netherlands! Long may she reign!!!

album_large_1.33154.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Koninginnedag or Queen''s Day on 30th April (national holiday of Holland celebrating HM''s birthday) - The Queen wore a brooch with large sapphire surrounded by diamonds and black pearl earrings:

2010.QueensDay.Queen.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday HM Queen Beatrix and HRH Grand Duke Henry with The Grand Duchess opened Musée d''Art de la Ville in Luxembourg. The Queen wore some of her sapphires:

45225g10176.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy (belated) birthday to HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark, Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg who on 29th turned 66!

258626.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
New off icel portraits for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark :

PPE10042806.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I think these new photos were taken before New Year''s Court this year. One more of Marie:

PPE10042805.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i will have in min how i post summeries. this maybe were not the best way

i also got a quastian

this photo are from nobel 2009 and of victorias braclet
is it any diamonds in it?
i have a bracelet from pilgrim that kind of reminds me off this but there is no real stones in my braclet
are there any better close ups?

victoria2009nobelbracelet.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
just to look at some other of victorias bracelets there are very not many close up of them

cpvictoriadq2010preweddingphoto.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
this is a broosch worn by crown princess victoria i am not sure what event
never really thought about it before now

cpvictorianobel2005.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and how about desiree earings are they a historic province?

prinsessan-desiree_73258210.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what does victoria have in her hair here

victoriaunknownevent.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 6:04:09 AM
Author: Josefine
and how about desiree earings are they a historic province?

Hi Josefine! Interesting photos as usual.

The earrings - they were discussed here before, but no conclusion was reached. My initial sugestion was that they are empty diamond frames (I later changed it to sappire centers), someone suggested they were part of the sapphire parure (obviously not). Don''t know if they have historical provenance or not.

Here''s the photo posted the previous time in case you''ve missed it:

prinsessandesireebaronessansilferschiold.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 3:32:38 AM
just to look at some other of victorias bracelets there are very not many close up of them

The diamond bracelets are often worn by members of the royal family. The combo with the sapphire bvracelet is more rarely seen.

I think Queen Louise is wearing the three of them on this portrait?

802135847f37b7f59b7o.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 3:28:24 AM
i will have in min how i post summeries. this maybe were not the best way

i also got a quastian

this photo are from nobel 2009 and of victorias braclet

is it any diamonds in it?

i have a bracelet from pilgrim that kind of reminds me off this but there is no real stones in my braclet

are there any better close ups?

It''s not a bracelet but a watch. The Crown Princess often wears it at formal occasions. From all photos I''ve seen I''s still hard to tall whether there are any stones et all.

1z44yf0j.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is a close up of queen louise´s braclets

drottninglouisesaphirebrecelet.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i guess its the same as this one if we talk about victorias watch

cpvictorianobelwatch.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 2:00:50 PM

Yes, it's the same.

Josefine, I'd like you to do me favour. I guess you've watched the first part of Familjen Bernadotte (Link to the video) - a series dedicated to the Swedish royal family. I just finished it and think it's very interesting but since I don't understand Swedish I watched mainly the fotage and listened to the voices. I would be very, very glad if you give us/me a short summary of what was said. I'm particularly interested in The King, Princess Christina and the hofdame's words about the family.
For those interested in royal glitter, the start and the end of the video show some really nice jewels.

BTW, I really liked the old vidoes of the then Prince Carl Gustaf playing with his sisters and the last (modern) one from the Sate Banquet, esp the part with His Majesty in the kitchen.
The moment when they announced the death of King Gustaf VI Adolf was very touching too. I could see the tears in CG's eyes.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''ve been off Pricescope for a couple of years now...new teaching job, new house, two kids...man, did time slip away from me! There''s a lot of new faces around since the last time I was on here. But I''ve rediscovered this site, so I''ll see what new stuff I can contribute!
1.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
A few pages back (okay, maybe more than a few) someone was asking about the Royal Family of Hawai''i.

Last summer I had an amazing opportunity to assist with research at the Infrared Telescope Facility on Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawai’i. While there, I was able to learn quite a bit about Hawai’ian royalty.

The Hawai’ian islands were originally separate, each ruled by a chief, or ali’i. A high-ranking ali’i named Kamehameha from the Big Island unified the islands under one rule. He was known as Kamehameha the Great.

Several generations later, Kamehameha IV died without children. The crown of Hawai’i passed to his brother who was known as Kamehameha V, who also died without children. An election with the two houses of the Hawai’ian legislature was held to elect a new ruler. William Lunalilo, a cousin of Kamehameha the Great was elected, but died shortly thereafter. A new election was held and the two candidates were Queen Emma, the widow of Kamehameha IV, and Kalakaua, another distant cousin of Kamehameha the Great. Kalakaua was considered a high ali’i as well. Kalakaua was elected. He married another high ali’i, Kapi’olani, but they did not have any children.

Kalakaua was keen on making the Kingdom of Hawai’i an international power. He was the first monarch to circumnavigate the world. He built a new palace in Honolulu called ‘Iolani Palace and had it fitted with electricity. Many pictures of ali’i during this time show them in western attire and there are a few examples of jewelry worn. It is also true that certain types of feathers were used to acknowledge ali’i. The royal cape used in coronations since Kamehameha was made of mamo feathers. Ali’i could also wear a necklace, or lei of o’o feathers

Kalakaua had nine siblings, but only 3 survived. His brother died unmarried and childless, which left his two sisters, Likelike and Lili’uokalani. Both married, but only Likelike would have a child. She was Princess Victoria Kawekiu Lunalilo Kalaninuiahilapalapa Ka’iulani. They called her Ka’iulani.

After Kalakaua died, Lili’uokalani became queen. She had no children, so Likelike was the heir apparent. Likelike died when Ka’iulani was 11 years old. She was later named Lili’uokalani’s heir and the last Crown Princess of Hawai’i. She would never reign, as Hawai’i was annexed to the United States during Lili’uokalani’s reign.

Here is a picture of then Crown Princess Lili''uokalani and Queen Kapi''olani at the Golden Jubliee Celebration of Queen Victoria of England. You can see that Kapi''olani is wearing a very western-style tiara.

kapi and lili.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Ka''iulani died at the young age of 23. Since she never married, I''ve never seen a picture of her wearing a tiara. This is the closest I''ve seen...a small star like ornament in the topknot of her hair.

kaiulau.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Ka''iulani wearing a lei of o''o feathers. It is color-enhanced.

kaiulani oo.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a painting of Queen Kapi''olani. There are several paintings of the monarchs of Hawai''i in the lobby of the Royal Kona Resort on the Big Island.

RW_kapiol.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a picture of Kamehameha the Great wearing the royal cloak of mamo feathers.

king-Kam1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back MJ!
35.gif

Thank you for the awesome history and photos!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 6:27:15 PM
I think these new photos were taken before New Year''s Court this year. One more of Marie:
Hi Bobby,
35.gif

Marie is a beauty! She and Mary are my favorites.

Lori

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 5:43:34 PM

Date: 5/2/2010 2:00:50 PM

Yes, it''s the same.

Josefine, I''d like you to do me favour. I guess you''ve watched the first part of Familjen Bernadotte (Link to the video) - a series dedicated to the Swedish royal family. I just finished it and think it''s very interesting but since I don''t understand Swedish I watched mainly the fotage and listened to the voices. I would be very, very glad if you give us/me a short summary of what was said. I''m particularly interested in The King, Princess Christina and the hofdame''s words about the family.
For those interested in royal glitter, the start and the end of the video show some really nice jewels.

BTW, I really liked the old vidoes of the then Prince Carl Gustaf playing with his sisters and the last (modern) one from the Sate Banquet, esp the part with His Majesty in the kitchen.
The moment when they announced the death of King Gustaf VI Adolf was very touching too. I could see the tears in CG''s eyes.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

let me have a look at it again and i will have a summery for you

here is a other one from 1979
they talk only swedish
http://www.detkungligabrollopet.nu/ebbasblogg/2010/04/svenska-kungahuset-inifran-del-1/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results