Crown Princess Victoria

726905_15.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 4:43:27 PM
Author: Josefine

Margarethe II

is there any close up on her broosch here

The Queen alsoo wore long diamond and turquoise earrings.
Here is a close up of the brooch:

hb_5.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 4:51:17 PM
Princess Benedikte

Thanks, Josefine! That picture solved a mystery to me - I always thought that the two sisters exchanged one necklace. Obviously I was wrong.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
... and their mother The Queen of Sweden wearing the tiara/necklace that was an anniversary gift from The King:

080506pr0064bh9.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 5:40:45 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 9/5/2009 4:58:25 PM
Crown Princess Victoria

I can only add Princess Madeleine...
What a beauty she is...love her jewels, too!!!
36.gif

Lori

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hello, everyone, this is my first post but I''ve read all your interesting chat back about a year! Enjoy seeing photos of the delicious jewelry -- Russian & British royal family jewels have always been my favorites but you''ve brought up some beautiful ones from other countries too.

If this works, I hope I can contribute one of my favorites, a necklace given by George III to one of his daughter Princess Charlotte''s ladies-in-waiting. Pink topazes.

GeorgeIIItopaz.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 1:57:37 PM
Author: JewelFreak
Hello, everyone, this is my first post but I''ve read all your interesting chat back about a year! Enjoy seeing photos of the delicious jewelry -- Russian & British royal family jewels have always been my favorites but you''ve brought up some beautiful ones from other countries too.

If this works, I hope I can contribute one of my favorites, a necklace given by George III to one of his daughter Princess Charlotte''s ladies-in-waiting. Pink topazes.
Hi Laurie!
35.gif

Welcome to PS! Thank you for posting that amazing necklace!
36.gif

Lori

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 5:43:55 PM
... and their mother The Queen of Sweden wearing the tiara/necklace that was an anniversary gift from The King:
The Edward VII Ruby Tiara Queen Silvia is wearing can also be worn as a necklace! (I have failed to find any pictures of it used as such, but they are out there.) Not very often worn, but in recent years the queen has started to wear it more often. First time she used it as a tiara I think was at the wedding of Prince Joachim of Denmark to Alexandra in 1995 (picture - does look like the Carl XVI tiara round her neck and the vasa earrings - just like the previous picture!), but I think the Queen used the ruby tiara as a necklace already in the 80s.
Last time I think at the statevisit to Italy this year. (2009)

The tiara was a wedding gift from Edward VII to his niece, Princess Margaret of Connaught, when she married the future swedish king, Gustaf VI Adolf in 1905.

swesilviatiararubydk1.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
...and speaking of pink topazes;

This suite was given by Czar Paul I to his daughter Maria when she married Grand Duke Friedrich of Saxen-Weimar-Eisenach in 1804. Their daughter, the first German Empress Augusta, Queen of Preussen, gave it to her daughter Luise, Grand duchess of Baden, who in her turn gave it to her daughter, Victoria, Queen of Sweden where it has remained.

Queen Louise took the pendants of the corsage and turned them into earrings.

Queen Silvia wore this suite on her first official portrait as Queen of Sweden, together with the Braganca Tiara.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to attach the file.
40.gif

PinkTopazSuite.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 5:47:00 PM
Author: robinj
Forgot to attach the file.
40.gif
Thank you robin.....this is SO PINK!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 5:45:51 PM

This suite was given by Czar Paul I to his daughter Maria when she married Grand Duke Friedrich of Saxen-Weimar-Eisenach in 1804. Their daughter, the first German Empress Augusta, Queen of Preussen, gave it to her daughter Luise, Grand duchess of Baden, who in her turn gave it to her daughter, Victoria, Queen of Sweden where it has remained.

Queen Silvia wore this suite on her first official portrait as Queen of Sweden, together with the Braganca Tiara.

Thank you for the info, robinj.
Here is a picture of Queen Louise weaing the suite and the Baden Fringe tiara:

3471529009_fb69cc613b.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And Queen Louise wearing the Pink Topaz suite during the 2008 Nobel Prize gala together with the Connaught diamond tiara:

2008nobelqg61.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 6:45:42 AM

Date: 9/6/2009 5:45:51 PM

Thank you for the info, robinj.
Here is a picture of Queen Louise weaing the suite and the Baden Fringe tiara:
You can''t call Q Louise a classic beauty, but she looks so every bit Royal, that you just have to adore her!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Robin, the topaz suite is fabulous! And nobody can wear jewels like those pretty Swedish royals.

I need help -- I''m pretty good with computers but can''t seem to get photos up here. Am I dense? Keep getting the error message "object needed." Everything on the pic seems to be within required parameters. What am I doing wrong? Or whom do I ask about this? Thanks in advance.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I''m also getting "object required"... lets just say it''s not our fault and we try again tomorrow and hope someone''s done something about it by then.

28.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 5:24:46 PM

Date: 9/5/2009 4:43:27 PM

Margarethe II

is there any close up on her broosch here

The Queen alsoo wore long diamond and turquoise earrings.
Here is a close up of the brooch:
I wonder if the outter drops were added at a later time because the drops are more blue in color the larger stones...the larger have a green tint to them.
Heres a question for the forum...Source of the gems...purisian,Chinese or American!?These have always been the three main sources over time.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 9:24:30 AM
How impolite I am!

I saw Estelaris'' posted, then replied to one of them, but never welcomed the new member!

So, Welcome, Estelaris! And Thank you for stopping my posts of the British jewels. I''m glad you posted pics of rubies, because as you know they''re the stone for July:) Congratulations for the avatar! I love sapphire and the Logan is a magnificent example!

Bobby

And another ruby tiara - This one was a wedding present to Princess Margaret of Connaught by Eduard VII and Alexandra. I don''t know about you, but IMO most ruby tiaras are disasters. Notable exceptions are the Danish (Frederic''s) parure, the Oriental circlet and probably the Greek ruies.
Oh my. I just realized this was posted not long ago... Sorry for the repeat.
15.gif

BTW; I agree it''s not the most beautiful tiara... The danish ruby tiara might very well be my favorite of ALL tiaras. First worn by Queen Desirée of Sweden and Norway at the coronation of Napoleon I, Emperor of the French. Queen Ingrid of Denmark gave it its present look by adding more leaves.

The Edward VII ruby tiara is cute, but when it''s worn, it just doesn''t do anything for the wearer... Q Silvia, who can pull off almost anything, just barely gets away with it. Too bad, since the heart motif woud make it the perfect weddingtiara.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I was surprised to see The Queen Mother''s wearing...

QEQMbroochPML.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
...Princess Marie Louise''s big diamond brooch. I know her diamond and sapphire tiara was left to the Duke of Gloucester and her badge of QV''s family order to the Queen (EII). Do you know what happened to her other jewels? Are they with the Queen now?

HU014430.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 5:10:42 PM
Date: 7/22/2009 9:24:30 AM

How impolite I am!

I saw Estelaris' posted, then replied to one of them, but never welcomed the new member!

So, Welcome, Estelaris! And Thank you for stopping my posts of the British jewels. I'm glad you posted pics of rubies, because as you know they're the stone for July:) Congratulations for the avatar! I love sapphire and the Logan is a magnificent example!

Bobby

And another ruby tiara - This one was a wedding present to Princess Margaret of Connaught by Eduard VII and Alexandra. I don't know about you, but IMO most ruby tiaras are disasters. Notable exceptions are the Danish (Frederic's) parure, the Oriental circlet and probably the Greek ruies.

Oh my. I just realized this was posted not long ago... Sorry for the repeat.
15.gif

BTW; I agree it's not the most beautiful tiara... The danish ruby tiara might very well be my favorite of ALL tiaras. First worn by Queen Desirée of Sweden and Norway at the coronation of Napoleon I, Emperor of the French. Queen Ingrid of Denmark gave it its present look by adding more leaves.

The Edward VII ruby tiara is cute, but when it's worn, it just doesn't do anything for the wearer... Q Silvia, who can pull off almost anything, just barely gets away with it. Too bad, since the heart motif woud make it the perfect weddingtiara.

There is picture of Countess Marianne Bernadotte wearing the ruby tiara when QEII visited Sweden in 1980s. And another one wearing it as a necklace. Has s.o. seen them? I'll search for them, but if you have them, would you post?

To me Désirée Clary's ruby parure is the most beautiful ruby parure still in existence.
Here is a picture of Princess Ingrid wearing it beore she altered the tira:

U862862ACMEmar111948.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agreed, Bobby, ruby tiaras seem to be hard to wear; many of them are, to my eye, too big for most women to handle gracefully. Queen Sylvia wears hers better than anyone else, though.

From tiaras to crowns....I came upon this the other day in one of my books on jewels. I''m in love with it! The workmanship is so detailed & beautiful. It''s one of only 3 medieval English crowns still extant. Given by Henry IV to his daughter, Princess Blanche, when she married the Palatine Elector Ludwig III in 1402. It may have belonged to Anne of Bohemia, queen of Richard III, & mentioned in inventories of 1397 & 1399. Made of gold set wtih sapphires, rubies, diamonds & pearls with traceried medallions from which the 12 lilies rise. (I hope the pic comes through okay! -- glad to know I wasn''t the only one having trouble, Robinj.)

blanche43598.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope, Laurie!

I know I said that ruby tiaras are usually disasters, but what makes them a disaster is the designe not the way they are worn. The main problem with the Swedish ruby tiara, IHMO, is that it's too large and in the same time short. Imagine there were 5 graduated ruby/diamond ornaments and they were placed closer. That woud make it look like the Connaught tiara, that I think is a very nice one. What do you think?

This medival crown that you posted, although not in my taste, is really beautiful and delicate. Is there a picture of Princess Blanche wearing it? That would be nice to see.
For some reason it remindes me of the ruby tiara in the Swedish collection.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here you go

19928.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results