carat
color
clarity

Royal blue sapphire hunt

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great! My only 2 concerns are :
1: flipping since it’s top heavy . Maybe if you got a squared bottom with more gold at the bottom, it would not flip.

2: shoulders for stabilization....if it doesn’t flip maybe it wil not matter as much.
These concerns are mainly functional rather than aesthetic. Love the look!!!

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
It looks great! My only 2 concerns are :
1: flipping since it’s top heavy . Maybe if you got a squared bottom with more gold at the bottom, it would not flip.

2: shoulders for stabilization....if it doesn’t flip maybe it wil not matter as much.
These concerns are mainly functional rather than aesthetic. Love the look!!!

yes amy asked if i wanted a cup at the bottom and i didnt really know. do you think it would be better to do that?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be much easier -- for you and for us -- if you delete one of the duplicate posts asking for feedback. I was going to suggest deleting the post in this thread so as to keep feedback in the newer thread whose title better suits the current topic
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...w-sapphire-with-custom-colors-setting.241254/
but now that I see there is already conversation about the CADs here, about directing folks in the other thread to here :))

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BD5D9A12-A2E8-49C6-BEC2-39CE59B6468E.jpeg This is what I mean by squaring the bottom. My sapphire e-ring will not flip, no matter what I’m doing.

I’m not sure what a cup is....but is great when rings stay put. Even if one isn’t fond of the squared bottom, I’ve noticed with my ring that I don’t notice the band much when worn.

Angelwk

Shiny_Rock
i dont know how to delete a thread. im going to keep this one because its where it all started. can you put the ring on so i can see what it looks like? i do have really small fingers....

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i dont know how to delete a thread. im going to keep this one because its where it all started. can you put the ring on so i can see what it looks like? i do have really small fingers....
Sorry I wasn't clear, wasn't suggesting that you delete a thread, but rather re-direct folks here; I took care of that for you so you didn't have to bothered with it -- I know you're excited about the ring coming to fruition :))
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tom-colors-setting.241254/page-2#post-4354908

A Euro shank, like what @Bluegemz just showed you (and a design feature of many Verragio rings in particular) does indeed help with spinning -- and Light isn't a lightweight gem, so you can expect the ring will swivel-spin more -- even tho' sized correctly -- because it will be more top-heavy than were the center stone a more modest one.

Is the pave on the side edge of the halo the underhalo you said in other posts that you wanted?

Last edited:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amy asked if i wanted a cup at the bottom and i didnt really know. do you think it would be better to do that?
I found this thread with great photos -- of the 3-D mold DK sent KKJohnson -- of the kind of cup Amy was thinking of; you'll see that it's a basin for the stone:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dk-cad-assistance-needed.234335/page-9#post-4241792
A yellow gold cup is most often used to enhance the color of a lighter yellow diamond. But Light looks to be quite sunny on her own & a cup adds somewhat to the cost (more gold, additional step in making the ring), so I'd feel very comfortable skipping the cup if I were you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results