shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose cut pendant perfection from CvB

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The necklace looks beautiful on your mum!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Thank you!! ::)

Couple more pics. First two - the stone we picked for this pendant is on the bottom (the one with point facing down). Classic teardrop shape. Sorry, they're super grubby!! Ignore the grubby!!

IMG_4921 copy.png

IMG_4920 copy.png

IMG_4925 copy.jpg

And a few of the options I sent my dad - trying to remember to use his descriptions :bigsmile:

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4926 copy.jpg

COLLAGE_HALO.png

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And a few of the options I sent my dad - trying to remember to use his descriptions :bigsmile:

COLLAGE_HALO.png

I absolutely love this: it’s classic Yssie planning with the various options laid out and annotated, but juxtaposed with completely non-Yssie jewellery vocab. Perfect hand-holding of your dad :lol::saint::kiss2:

Trying to create a piece for someone else’s taste must be hard enough, but factoring in your dad’s input too must have been even harder!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That’s something that’s difficult for me, actually… After a decade and change of collecting sparkles I have a really good understanding of what I’ll like and wear, but I struggle when someone has different tastes from me. I know what I’d do, and I can wax poetic on why, but what would be best for this other person who has different priorities? I love working with Caysie, she can design *effectively* for so many flavours within her style niche ❤️ Like both of these that she made for me last year (for someone else, not mine to keep, sadly!) - very different styles but I think each was a picture perfect example of its type!! And with minimal input from me. And no babysitting needed. That’s for sure the best part :bigsmile:

BDBE2D54-DA30-4A9A-AF9F-857C8F794A12.jpeg

662F3208-5823-405E-A870-7C96FABF50EE.jpeg

Anyway. Cutting myself off before the full on ramble. Huge presence without being ostentatious is spot on what we were going for. I think the first two things she said were “thank you!”, and “it’s so beautiful”, and third was “there’s a woman who is annoying me, I will be sure to include her when I send my friends photos”. Okay, apple didn’t fall far from that tree :lol:

Her range of styles really is impressive. She does have a distinctive aesthetic, but within that she has a full spectrum of design capabilities. She’s exceptionally gifted! To me it’s not just the aesthetic aspects either - it’s the clever functional solutions she comes up with that really blow me away!

And love the comments from your mom - the best revenge is happiness! :D

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The CAD showed off the idea of a hinged back plate, but Caysie told me that the actual components would need to be handmade. I left all details of the latch mechanism up to her and her bench did a fantastic job, it's smooth and sturdy and minimally-protruding :appl:

Pics from Caysie :love: The white dots on the stone are just dust!! The whole project took about three months, from first asking her about it to having it in-hand. The halo is mined E/F VS ideal cuts, I believe ~0.35-0.4ctw - I'm not sure exactly what melee size she chose. (So, um, this is how hands-off I'm comfy being with her - for folks who've known me for a while, a wee bit different from the micromanagement of yore :lol:)

Caysie_Fin_A.png

Caysie_Fin_B.png

Caysie_Fin_C.png

Caysie_Fin_D.png

Caysie_Fin_E.png

Sheer perfection and genius with the back plate!! Wow! Wow! WOW!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this: it’s classic Yssie planning with the various options laid out and annotated, but juxtaposed with completely non-Yssie jewellery vocab. Perfect hand-holding of your dad :lol::saint::kiss2:

Trying to create a piece for someone else’s taste must be hard enough, but factoring in your dad’s input too must have been even harder!
:lol: It was pretty trippy, he surprised me with both the things he had strong opinions on and the things he didn’t. There was nothing we fundamentally disagreed on though, fortunately. I’d had vague ideas of having Caysie do a scatter halo, Afterglow-esque, but scrapped that right quick as a clear case of great idea wrong audience :bigsmile:

- - - - -

Her range of styles really is impressive. She does have a distinctive aesthetic, but within that she has a full spectrum of design capabilities. She’s exceptionally gifted! To me it’s not just the aesthetic aspects either - it’s the clever functional solutions she comes up with that really blow me away!

And love the comments from your mom - the best revenge is happiness! :D
Yes! You nailed it C. She keeps the moving parts to a minimum, and even then they’re only in non-essential components ❤️

Pettiness has its perks :bigsmile:

- - - - -

Sheer perfection and genius with the back plate!! Wow! Wow! WOW!!!
Thank you!! And yup, totally!! :bigsmile:

- - - - -

+ a billion. Such a happy gift for your Mom!!!
Thank you!! :love:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Daughter of the year! This pendant is perfection.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! The way that melee was set is gorgeous...lucky you they made an oopsie. I love it...so unique and intricate! That is a phenomenal piece of jewelry. I'm sure your mother is feeling the love!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondyes Thank you, I definitely agree :lol:

@ariel144 Thank you, and I do very much hope she is ::) It was a fortuitous “mistake”! Once I saw it - even in Caysie’s photos - I was convinced this was what was meant to happen :bigsmile:

A pink diamond band with this melee style is on my wishlist!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results