shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose cut pendant perfection from CvB

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is perfection and ingenious!! Love the stone and that setting is the bomb! What an absolutely wonderful daughter you are!! I’m sure she’ll love it!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Perfection! I love the softness of rose cuts, and the graceful beauty of pears. What a loving, thoughtful gift. I'm sure she's over the moon happy.

Happy birthday Yssie's Mom!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely gift and genius design! Perfect! Happy birthday to your mom.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Understated elegance, love it! :kiss2:

I bet your mum and go big in terms of jewellery though - just imagine the fun you could have in helping her and spending her money in the process! :lol-2:

DK =)2
@yssie would you borrow it from time to time? :Up_to_something:

I would if my mum has a piece that I like!

DK :lol-2:
Thank you!!

I would be delighted to help her spend her money :lol: With her the challenges are usually (A) Getting her to wear her jewellery, and (B) Getting her to not destroy the jewellery that she wears!!

I don’t really do necklaces, so this one’s all hers. I might steal it for photos from time to time though... :bigsmile:

- - - - -

Oooooohhhh..... So pretty :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

I love your description of the rosie looking like water flowing over a pebble on a sunny day. I can literally hear the quiet ripple.....
Thank you! That was the first description that came to mind as I was taking some videos for my dad ❤️

I had originally requested these snakeskin semi-bezels for the halo, and then changed my mind and settled on plain prong-set melee instead. Caysie’s bench ended up doing the snakeskin per my initial query and she offered to redo it, but I thought I’d have it sent out to look at first - and I loved it. Original request definitely had the right idea! The unexpected chain match was icing :love:

- - - - -

Your write ups are as fun to read as your jewelry is to look at.
This is another beautiful confection by CVB. I am a fan. What a lovely pendant. The back is genious!
Thank you!! ::)

I was going to just drop it into the CvB eye candy thread but decided it really deserved its own thread, it’s such a clever solution! And what I like best is that the mechanical portion isn’t integral to the structure of the pendant at all - if it breaks one day, well, no real harm done to stone or wearability :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your mom's comment is the best
Thank you. It was lovely to see how happy she was ::)

I spent the rest of the evening reminding my husband that jewellery is clearly a sure fire way to make a woman happy - which he may not have enjoyed quite as much, admittedly :lol:

- - - - -

A gorgeous gift. I hope your mum enjoys it for many years. It really is stunning and so cleverly designed!
Thank you so much!! We even managed to keep it totally secret, and she didn’t see it coming at all :bigsmile:

- - - - -

I bet your mother loved it! It is beautiful and so well executed. Thanks for sharing with us!
Thank you!! :love:

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Your mom's comment reminds me of "that'll do pig, that'll do" :lol-2: what a beautiful execution, CVB totally understood the assignment! Very subtle but a great statement piece. Mama is lucky to have a daughter like you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly perfection, yssie! I love the stone and setting and cleverness of the back. You are so lucky that your mum shares your love for jewelry and appreciates the pieces you give her. Happy birthday to your mum!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool. It looks like it comes from a time when more jewelry pieces were one-of-a-kind.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. No wonder it got your mom’s stamp of approval.
Happy birthday to your mom!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie is the best, and what a beautiful gift for your Mom!!!
Thank you!! Caysie did such a wonderful job on this piece!! ::)

- - - - -

Wow that is just beautiful and I really love that unique chain.
Thank you! I believe the chain was my great grandmother's ❤️

I was going to buy a chain with it, but with gold as expensive as it is - and remembering the plethora that she's already got - reusing one seemed like the most rational thing to do! It wasn't actually until I put them together that it occurred to me that the mix of old and new is actually quite special in and of itself! Always nice when things work out better than you anticipated :bigsmile:

- - - - -

Happy Birthday to your Mum! The pendant and chain look perfect on her. So glad it garnered her stamp of “will wear” approval. As far as I am concerned, any piece that receives that comment from a parent means you can call it a day. The rosie is gorgeous and soothing to the spirit. :love::love: Caysie outdid herself on the setting. Project completed!!!
Thank you so much!! ::) As of today she is, in fact, "still wearing it", so I'll call this one a #win :bigsmile:

Soothing to the spirit. Yes. That's what rosies are. I've always loved the juxtaposition of rose cuts and modern round brilliants - pairing soothing and energizing. I guess that's no surprise though, I do always go for those sorts of combinations! It's funny. This pendant is so totally #NotMyStyle. One, it's a neck decoration; Two, it's such a classic design; Three, it's a halo... I sort of have to remind myself that yes, my mother does in fact have her own style!! And yup, it's different from mine! And I *know* that I've matured in my appreciation of art because I'm enjoying how well thought out and cleanly executed this piece is, but at the same time I don't covet it for myself...

And you know that my mum... Is not easy on jewellery. Let's put it that way. So I really hope she takes it off at night like I told her to. :eek-2: I warned her that I'd be inspecting it next time I see her. She rolled her eyes, I'm pretty sure. :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Newbie diamond lover here, I will have to learn all the secrets to sourcing amazing diamonds like this and finding outstanding bench jewelers like I’m seeing here! Ingenious!
Thank you!!

So I've been on here... Just under thirteen years o_O Come for the bling, stay for the people. Seems to have held true for a whole lot of us. Welcome to the club! :wavey:

- - - - -

Oh wow!! What a lucky "Mum" your Mom is!! Such a thoughtful and beautiful gift from such thoughtful and beautiful daughter!!
Love the design and love the idea. :love:
She *is* lucky, isn't she? I tell her this fairly often, but I should really remind myself to remind her more frequently. Lest she forget. :bigsmile:

Thank you love ::)

- - - - -

*Stunning* stone and pendant design, and that latched cover is absolutely brilliant! CVB for the win again!! I'm so glad your mom loves it. It looks perfect on her!
Yes!! Every single piece I've had Caysie make - for me, for family and friends - has been a knockout!! Her work is so consistent. :love:

My mum does genuinely seem to be enjoying it!! It was a big birthday for her, and we're a little late on the gift (our fault, it took us a while to decide on a stone!) so she was totally surprised :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely took note when I saw this pendant on CVB’s IG, as the movable back plate was such a brilliant idea. Is this the same rose cut that you had on preloved for a hot minute??? Good thing you pulled it since it’s PERFECT and so beautiful. Just from the pics I can somehow tell that your mom loves it and that your dad is proud of it too!
You have a good memory!! :bigsmile: I actually had three rose cut pear diamonds of about the same size - this isn't the one I'd listed though, that one was the smallest one, and this is the middle. So now I've got two left, the smallest and the largest.

This project was unexpectedly rewarding for me actually ::) So my parents, they've both got chronic cases of ParentsKnowBest and We'reTheGrownUpsAroundHere :lol: It's mostly cultural, I've always known that, but it was hugely frustrating when I was a young adult. As a not-so-young adult I've learnt to mostly brush it off but it's not my favourite thing! So having my dad just let go, having him acknowledge that this is something where his daughter does in fact know best, even if it's "just jewellery", that was kind of huge! I know that he was very proud of surprising his wife with something she'd never have expected from him :love:

- - - - -

SO SO pretty❤️❤️ - so glad your mom loves it. What’s not to love?:D
Thank you so much!! ::)

- - - - -

Utterly gorgeous!!!!
Thank you! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely! Congratulations and happy birthday to your mother! Beautiful job by Caysie, as always.
Thank you so much ::)

- - - - -

Oh my gosh, that pendant is amazing! I don't usually like rose cut diamonds but I LOVE everything about this one. And the setting.............!
Thank you!!

I'm not the biggest fan of rose cuts either, I want In Your Face from my gemstones :bigsmile: But I do pretty much always find the juxtaposition of rosies and full cuts irresistible :love:

That back plate brings this stone to life. I “get” why foiled backs were a #Thing. All rose cuts gleam and glint, but adding the back plate really makes it look just like flowing water… Maybe flowing metal is a better comparison. I was really surprised by how much the back place changed its behaviour!! I’m going to be making a brooch with two other rose cut pears, and I was planning on backing them but I’ll have to rethink whether I want “briolette-ish” or “metallic” :geek:

- - - - -

Such a beautiful thoughtful gift. And I literally bought my mom a bag of salt for her birthday. It was truffle salt, but still, a bag of it.
Omg I have too! Plus some kinda fancy peppercorns.
So I’m pretty sure we got her tea towels with dogs on them last year. Maybe it was the year before? My husband wanted to just get the matching bath towels this year, because they were on sale, but I told him there’s no way we’re presenting bath towels and diamonds in the same gift! So… Well that’s Christmas taken care of. :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is perfection and ingenious!! Love the stone and that setting is the bomb! What an absolutely wonderful daughter you are!! I’m sure she’ll love it!!
Thank you!! ❤️

She’s actually wearing it, which is more than I can say for most of the other pieces I’ve gotten her :lol: My dad read the room perfectly on this one. “Big but not too flashy”. And Caysie did a really marvellous job on the mount, I couldn’t be happier with it :love:

- - - - -

So gorgeous! You are a good and thoughtful daughter.
Thank you so much! ::)

- - - - -

Perfection! I love the softness of rose cuts, and the graceful beauty of pears. What a loving, thoughtful gift. I'm sure she's over the moon happy.

Happy birthday Yssie's Mom!
Thank you!!

So my mother is hard on jewellery. Like, chipping onyx Alhambra sort of hard :eek-2: Delicate wasn’t an option. But rose cuts always evoke delicate imagery, for me, and I always prefer delicate halos. I asked Caysie to find a way to make strong *look* dainty and fragile and she and her bench outdid themselves ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely gift and genius design! Perfect! Happy birthday to your mom.
Thank you!! :bigsmile:

- - - - -

Your mom's comment reminds me of "that'll do pig, that'll do" :lol-2: what a beautiful execution, CVB totally understood the assignment! Very subtle but a great statement piece. Mama is lucky to have a daughter like you!
Omg. My third favourtie childhood movie. Behind Born Free and Milo and Otis. But arguably also ahead because it was being filmed Right Here!!!! (We were in Australia then). I’ll take that as a #win!! :bigsmile:

Thank you love!! :love:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Love everything about this! The pendant is gorgeous (the backplate is a stroke of genius) and Happy Birthday to your mom!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
What a work of art! An amazing gift, instant heirloom!!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Just stunning, @yssie. Lucky momma! I know she appreciates it! Lovely design, Caysie nailed, and I love the contrast of the melee with the rose cut. It’s just a stunning piece with a huge presence without being ostentatious! Just lovely, ultra feminine piece!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just stunning, @yssie. Lucky momma! I know she appreciates it! Lovely design, Caysie nailed, and I love the contrast of the melee with the rose cut. It’s just a stunning piece with a huge presence without being ostentatious! Just lovely, ultra feminine piece!

This!

ksf

Rough_Rock
Super gorgeous!! Happy birthday to your mother :mrgreen2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow such a lovely pendant!!! Happy belated B-day to your mom!!! I'm sure was grinning from ear to ear when she saw her gift from you!! So very thoughtful @yssie !! I hope it brings her much happiness!!

...oh and Truffle salt we keep literally keep two at a time so we don't run out. It wakes up the flavor in so many dishes and meats...YUM!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly perfection, yssie! I love the stone and setting and cleverness of the back. You are so lucky that your mum shares your love for jewelry and appreciates the pieces you give her. Happy birthday to your mum!
Thank you!!

I may have posted this story here on PS before but… So I was the kid who wanted to take a bag of beach rocks back from vacation. Five kilos of rocks, to be precise. My mother wouldn’t let me put them into my suitcase… So I stashed them in hers. And she complained about how heavy her bag was the whole trip, and I didn’t say a word. Customs found them when we declared the food we’d brought. The officer laughed. Mum, though, if looks could freeze.

She said once that she does much prefer the grown up version of my rock collecting habits. :lol:

- - - - -

That is so cool. It looks like it comes from a time when more jewelry pieces were one-of-a-kind.
Thank you!! I would love to imagine that I might have been able to solicit this same piece from a metalsmith in a bygone era ::)

- - - - -

Oh wow. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. No wonder it got your mom’s stamp of approval.
Happy birthday to your mom!
Thank you so much ❤️ :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s something that’s difficult for me, actually… After a decade and change of collecting sparkles I have a really good understanding of what I’ll like and wear, but I struggle when someone has different tastes from me. I know what I’d do, and I can wax poetic on why, but what would be best for this other person who has different priorities? I love working with Caysie, she can design *effectively* for so many flavours within her style niche ❤️ Like both of these that she made for me last year (for someone else, not mine to keep, sadly!) - very different styles but I think each was a picture perfect example of its type!! And with minimal input from me. And no babysitting needed. That’s for sure the best part :bigsmile:

BDBE2D54-DA30-4A9A-AF9F-857C8F794A12.jpeg

662F3208-5823-405E-A870-7C96FABF50EE.jpeg

Anyway. Cutting myself off before the full on ramble. Huge presence without being ostentatious is spot on what we were going for. I think the first two things she said were “thank you!”, and “it’s so beautiful”, and third was “there’s a woman who is annoying me, I will be sure to include her when I send my friends photos”. Okay, apple didn’t fall far from that tree :lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! From angst to fruition :bigsmile:

- - - - -

Super gorgeous!! Happy birthday to your mother :mrgreen2:
Thank you very much!! ::)

- - - - -

Wow such a lovely pendant!!! Happy belated B-day to your mom!!! I'm sure was grinning from ear to ear when she saw her gift from you!! So very thoughtful @yssie !! I hope it brings her much happiness!!

...oh and Truffle salt we keep literally keep two at a time so we don't run out. It wakes up the flavor in so many dishes and meats...YUM!!!
Thank you!! For her and for me too, you’re very sweet ::)

I have dreams of finding truffles in my backyard. A few weeks ago I found these plants, I’d not seen them before. And I watch some cooking shows, I’ve gathered that foraging from your own yard is totally-the-hot-new-thing-in-cuisine. Maybe, just maybe, I’ve got something edible and rare, an unexpected delicacy?
Yeah, not so much, no. Google images told me that this stuff is called “skunk cabbage”. :lol:

1653184072000.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results