carat
color
clarity

RNC to Support Alabama GOP Sen Candidate Roy Moore

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/roy-moore-slavery/index.html

Moore’s “even though we had slavery” quote...

This guy is a peach! Trump is making is possible for the sludge to rise to the top. I was happy to wait for all of these sick F#ckers to sit in silence and wait to die. Then my utopia of love and acceptance would reign and I would ride around on my unicorn and live out my elder years in happiness. Instead, these men made of garbage are going to influence the young...after all of our hard work to make these newer generations good! I”m angry!

You are not alone @House Cat

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If sludge rises to the top, it's easier to skim off. There will be a day of reckoning for the Greedy Old Perverts party. I truly believe that. It will be difficult and painful and messy, but it will come.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roy Moore has not done any interviews with the press for quite awhile. He was no where to be seen this weekend. Quite unusal for a politician a few days before an election. Today he gave an interview with a 12 year old girl. WTF

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roy Moore has not done any interviews with the press for quite awhile. He was no where to be seen this weekend. Quite unusal for a politician a few days before an election. Today he gave an interview with a 12 year old girl. WTF

12 years old?
Whew! Thank Glob!

Finally, we have proof that this fine Christian old man doesn't want to hump teenage girls.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even look at this jerk without my skin crawlIng.

Watching people campaigning for him is like watching a car crash. You know you shouldn't look but you can't help yourself. How could anyone, especially women, vote for him?

Never mind, I had these exact same thoughts in November of 2016 and we all know how that turned out.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"of COURSE he accepted that interview"
Totally my first thoughts. ugh gross.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read this article this morning because I have been trying to understand how the people of Alabama could vote for this person because I could not. But I do not live in a place like the bible belt and am not surrounded by people whose faith is so singular, for lack of a better word. When PS members talk about these people of extreme faith it is foreign to me even though I consider myself a Christian. However I do believe that people have to vote what they feel is best for them and I try to listen even though I may not agree. Read this if you like because I thought it was interesting and it pertains to the discussion.

And I am not condoning anything so no reason to flame out at me.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/11...ail&utm_term=0_cfcb868ceb-2c4598b39a-83959769

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read this article this morning because I have been trying to understand how the people of Alabama could vote for this person because I could not. But I do not live in a place like the bible belt and am not surrounded by people whose faith is so singular, for lack of a better word. When PS members talk about these people of extreme faith it is foreign to me even though I consider myself a Christian. However I do believe that people have to vote what they feel is best for them and I try to listen even though I may not agree. Read this if you like because I thought it was interesting and it pertains to the discussion.

And I am not condoning anything so no reason to flame out at me.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/11...ail&utm_term=0_cfcb868ceb-2c4598b39a-83959769
How can I get through an article that quotes people saying a particular pedophile is a man of principles? Do you see how crazy that is?

There is right and there is wrong. This is a black and white issue. If you support a pedophile, you are dead wrong. I don’t want to understand the people who support a sexual predator.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not agree more with your comments @House Cat
I have hard time wrapping my head around someone shouting they are religious and voting for a pedophile. You can't find a more black and white issue than this one. This country is seeing a whole new level of crazy.

In this country there is a separation between church and state. If you are unable separate the two, you should not be running for office. We live in a country where people are supposed to be able to make decisions that are best for themselves. If a woman decides to have an abortion, that is her decision. It's no one else's business. If you don't believe in abortion, don't have one. Gay people have the right to marry the person they love. The exact same right a straight person has. Frankly someone else's religious beliefs should not factor into my rights.

There are many different religious beliefs in this country. Evangelicals should not be having an influence on our government

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can I get through an article that quotes people saying a particular pedophile is a man of principles? Do you see how crazy that is?

There is right and there is wrong. This is a black and white issue. If you support a pedophile, you are dead wrong. I don’t want to understand the people who support a sexual predator.

I can appreciate and understand this. But the artcle doesn't support the people, it presents their view. I read it to see what these people think.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if I was in a situation where I was that close to a single issue voter, but I felt the candidate was not fit for my vote, I would vote for a third party who shared my view, or skip voting in that election. But I know everyone is different.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this country there is a separation between church and state. If you are unable separate the two, you should not be running for office.
Or...voting? :silenced:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if I was in a situation where I was that close to a single issue voter, but I felt the candidate was not fit for my vote, I would vote for a third party who shared my view, or skip voting in that election. But I know everyone is different.
I did exactly this in the 2016 election so I understand completely.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alabama, the 7th in poverty in the US. More than one in four children live in poverty. From 2011 to 2013, 16.7% of Alabama households were food insecure, meaning they struggled to provide enough food for their families. Nearly one million Alabamians were dependent on food stamps in 2013, the Montgomery Advertiser reported. And to add to it, hookworms.

They have been voting for the republicans for years, and here is what they got. Heck, if our church missions who go to other countries to build houses there could first make a stop in Alabama...

I hope Jones wins, but winning a Senate seat is nothing. Someone, someday has to win a seat and start doing something for own people. It is a shame that such poverty exists in the US.

If Moore wins, I won't be surprised. He is considered a better-educated person in Alabama, I assume... I recently found an old video with Moore explaining his anti-evolution views. If he thinks like this, it is scary to even guess how his electorate thinks.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 Do you think he is going to win?

I have never spent time in Alabama. You and I are close in age and a 32 year old trying to pick up teenagers was disgusting forty years ago. All the parents I know would have been at the local police department if this man were trying to hit on us as young teenagers. I find it even harder to wrap my head around the fact that religious people are his base.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 Do you think he is going to win?

I have never spent time in Alabama. You and I are close in age and a 32 year old trying to pick up teenagers was disgusting forty years ago. All the parents I know would have been at the local police department if this man were trying to hit on us as young teenagers. I find it even harder to wrap my head around the fact that religious people are his base.
I don't know. I've been out all day at the dentist and just got home. Is he winning? All the parents where I grew up would have probably given him back-of-the-ranch (or farm) therapy.

I know nothing about Alabama or the south much at all. It seems very different to what I am used to based on reading about it. Any people I have ever met are very nice and not overly religious but I don't run in those circles. My great grands on both sides are from Missouri but the family has been in the west for many decades.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just watched Hard Candy on Netflix last night. Reminded me so much of this issue. In the movie, Ellen Page plays a 14 year old girl who suspects a 32 year old man is a pedophile and sets out to teach him a lesson. I think the movie is from 2005. It's very disturbing, definitely a thriller, but I think worth watching.

I'm afraid of the outcome of this election. I want to follow along tonight, but I'm afraid I'll be disgusted and heartbroken for this country once again, based on my fellow Americans' choices and beliefs.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel physically ill. The results are coming in but over 500,000k people voted for moore.
I listened to those women. I believe he did what they said. There are 500 k people in alabama who would rather have a man who has 9 credible assault allegations and who has been removed from the bench 2 times than a “democrat”
I just cant even anymore.
What is wrong with people. Instead of demanding an honorable person they will take literally anyone regardless of character who will vote party line and proclaim everyone else is lying or fake news.
Literally sick to my stomach. I stupidly believed america was better than this. I was wrong. I am going to remove my name from my states republican party.
If this is what the republican party is now , a bunch of trumps and bannons and moores I want nothing to do with them

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, tkyasx78...you just have to remove emotion from it! Then you can vote for your party with a clear conscience!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer. :(sad

Why don't we have a barf emotie?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see reports Moore will loose, but by a narrow margin.

It's revolting he got even one vote.

I guess conservative Christians get to do whatever they want down in the South! :nono:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just watched Hard Candy on Netflix last night.

UGH!
Just watched it.
I never watch films with that level of violence, physical or psychological.
I forced myself to sit through it because the film's message is important.

UGH!
Nightmares tonight! :nono:

Last edited:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cnn called it that jones will win.

This is a good thing. The republican party HAS to start screening people before letting them run. They have to stop putting people like bannon and moore as their faces on the party.
The gop needs to get it together. I will be an independent until i see they are serious about getting rid of the people from the top down who are predators, bullies and disrespectful to humanity.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH!
Just watched it.
I never watch films with that level of violence, physical or psychological.
I forced myself because of the important message the film IMO is about.

UGH!
Nightmares tonight! :nono:

I told you it was disturbing! I had to ffwd through parts of it because I couldn't bear to watch what she was doing.
Before that I watched Catfight with Sandra Oh and Anne Heche. Oh man. I don't even know what to say about that one. Gratuitous violence coming from women...well, we are desensitized to seeing it from men in film. It's a whole other can o' worms when women are doing it. I was on the edge of my seat through the whole thing, fighting the urge to look away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results