shape
carat
color
clarity

RNC to Support Alabama GOP Sen Candidate Roy Moore

E B

Ideal_Rock
They do not believe that Roy Moore did these things. They believe he is innocent and this is a Democrat plot to bring him down.

They also believe their beloved president is pure as the driven snow.

Believe it.

Yes, what has essentially become state run media, partnered with an ignorant president who tells them all to ignore every other media outlet has contributed to this in a huge way. Like a cult. The Church of Scientology, for example. No outside media-- can't let the members be exposed to all of the 'lies' about the church.

Every now and then I take a peek at Fox and it's like it's a different reality. Whatever's breaking about the Trump admin that's negative is ignored or delayed and downplayed, and the focus quickly returns to President Clinton. Urm...

E B

Ideal_Rock
I do think that deep down, many Moore supporters believe he did these things, but they can't say it out loud. "He didn't do it" is the new "economic anxiety." The truth is that a pro-life candidate trumps anyone, even if that candidate molested children. Not too many people want to say that out loud, though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The truth is that a pro-life candidate trumps anyone, even if that candidate molested children.
Not too many people want to say that out loud, though.

Well it makes perfect sense.
Fewer abortions means more kids to molest! :dance:
I'm gonna vote Republican. :clap:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think that deep down, many Moore supporters believe he did these things, but they can't say it out loud. "He didn't do it" is the new "economic anxiety." The truth is that a pro-life candidate trumps anyone, even if that candidate molested children. Not too many people want to say that out loud, though.
I think this is the truth. And I also agree with @redwood66 (whaa!!), that it's political. They want a republican in that seat, no matter what that republican did (or who?). Any republican (to them) is better than a democrat.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is the truth. And I also agree with @redwood66 (whaa!!), that it's political. They want a republican in that seat, no matter what that republican did (or who?). Any republican (to them) is better than a democrat.

It 'being politics' is a meaningless attempt at a distraction that only the stupidest would fall for or bring up as if it were an argument. :roll:

The point is this:
A child molester is the most electable republican they could find in the entire state! ... and the American president has endorsed him.
Such is the Republican party, the party of family values. :nono:

Pathetic!

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GOP now stands for Greedy Old Perverts. This is what I posted on my FB page:

Note to Alabama:

What would Jesus do?
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't vote for a child molester.
Hope that helps with your dilemma.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not say I agree with any of this about Moore. I am stating what I think to be the case, without emotion. Frankly he has not provided a good enough answer to anything.

Sorry, rhetorical 'you' not personal 'you'. I agree with you that this is the likely explanation. I'm just horrified by it and that anyone (not specifically you) would support it.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
They do not believe that Roy Moore did these things. They believe he is innocent and this is a Democrat plot to bring him down.

They also believe their beloved president is pure as the driven snow.

Believe it.

No they don't. They're fooling themselves.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It 'being politics' is a meaningless attempt at a distraction that only the stupidest would fall for or bring up as if it were an argument. :roll:
Really not sure what you are trying to say with this, but when discussing politics and suggesting that "its political" I really don't think its appropriate to call someone stupid for that? It's kind of a fact?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOP now stands for Greedy Old Perverts. This is what I posted on my FB page:

Note to Alabama:

What would Jesus do?
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't vote for a child molester.
Hope that helps with your dilemma.

You'll like this Rainwood. (And not just Rainwood I suspect). Not all Christians, and not even all evangelicals, are on board for Moore, even in Alabama. What remains to be seen is who has greater numbers. I'll be surprised if Moore doesn't win, but I'm seriously hoping he won't.

Harper Lee, Roy Moore and Alabama values
http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/12/harper_lee_roy_moore_and_alaba.html

excerpt:

" The choice for Alabama Methodists (such as Harper Lee) or Baptists (such as me), Pentecostals and members of independent megachurches, is to determine in this election whether white evangelicals retain the vision of the Kingdom of Heaven proclaimed by Jesus, the establishment of a just and righteous nation, or whether that evangelical tradition is now ethically, morally, intellectually, and (most tragic of all) Biblically bankrupt.

Hundreds of Alabama religious leaders have signed a letter denouncing the conduct of Roy Moore and his anti-Christian values.

My name as a Baptist minister/professor is on the list despite Harper Lee's humorous dismissal of my Baptist identity as being inappropriate to so intelligent an historian. I believe that our understanding of our people and their understanding of the Bible and personal moral character will prevail on December 12. But if not, then the churches should turn off the lights and nail up the doors, for they stand for nothing better than misogyny, religious and racial bigotry, and discrimination. And so far as the state's G.O.P. is concerned (in 1960 I was chairman of Alabama College Students for Nixon/Lodge), it might as well change its acronym to Grand Old Pedophile.

And the national party's cowardice in this Alabama uncivil war will swamp any pretensions it may have to the moral high ground of American politics. "

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really not sure what you are trying to say with this, but when discussing politics and suggesting that "its political" I really don't think its appropriate to call someone stupid for that? It's kind of a fact?

IMO Redwood (and a couple others here instead of just condemning the bad crap for their side and leaving it at that) often making excuses for republican's BS, but presenting the the excuses/diversions as if they are legit arguments in defense of the Republican POS.

For instance, her post #9 here starts with, "All emotion aside ... "
What?
GMAB!
Few things are more emotional than child molestation.

She writes:
"All emotion aside, it is about politics and a senate seat. They have been watching and are taking a position based on a calculation. Very few politicians have a soul on either side. It is all about reelection and political expediency."

A fvcking child molester is running for Senate and your Republican president supports him!
NO response other than condemnation is appropriate.
NO response, especially one intended to water it down, make all bad things done by both sides feel the same.

What she does is dishonest. :nono:
She's been doing it for years.
I usually just ignore this shit, but this one really pissed me off.

Trump gets away with shitting on my country becuause of people like you. :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO Redwood is always making excuses for republican's BS, but presenting the BS as if it's an argument.
I wasn't making excuses or arguing for anything. It is my opinion what is happening and their reasoning for supporting Moore. Can you not tell the difference or does your bias not allow that?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't making excuses or arguing for anything. It is my opinion what is happening and their reasoning for supporting Moore. Can you not tell the difference or does your bias not allow that?

There it is again ... "my bias".

How you write, and likely think, is manipulative and dishonest.

Rewdwood, you're on ignore.
I only state this to explain why I'll not respond to you further.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO Redwood (and a couple others here instead of just condemning the bad from their side and leave it at that) often making excuses for republican's BS, but presenting the the excuses/diversions as if they are legit arguments in defense of the Republican POS.

For instance, her post #9 here starts with, "All emotion aside ... "
What?
GMAB!
Few things are more emotional than child molestation.

She writes:
"All emotion aside, it is about politics and a senate seat. They have been watching and are taking a position based on a calculation. Very few politicians have a soul on either side. It is all about reelection and political expediency."

Child fvcking molester is running for Senate.
NO response other than condemnation is appropriate.
NO response, especially one intended to water it down, make all bad things done by both sides feel the same.

What she does is dishonest. :nono:
She's been doing it for years.
I usually just ignore this shit, but this one really pissed me off.
Nice personal attack.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Probably best.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The "Ignore" function is a great and glorious thing.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have disagreed with Republicans but I respected their positions nonetheless.

There is NOTHING respectable about a national organization giving their money, resources and clout to put forward a KNOWN PEDOPHILE.

All of you fine people on PS who are Republicans, I'm calling your party out. Good God.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably best.

Pics of t-shirts lauding lynching, Kenny, that's all you'll 'miss out' on. That and backpedaling about the pics as "funny jokes."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every now and then I take a peek at Fox and it's like it's a different reality. Whatever's breaking about the Trump admin that's negative is ignored or delayed and downplayed, and the focus quickly returns to President Clinton. Urm...
You like how the left wing media don't wanna talk about Al Franken and John Conyers?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of you fine people on PS who are Republicans, I'm calling your party out. Good God.
They are rarer than a 20 ct FL red diamond...:mrgreen2:. There used to be 3 Reps here, but they can't stand the heat so they got out of the kitchen...:lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... There used to be 3 Reps here, but they can't stand the heat so they got out of the kitchen...:lol:

What some cons can't stand is the truth!
It opens their eyes and makes them ashamed they support the Republican party.

Glob bless this forum for allowing truth (and their lies) to remain posted.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What some cons can't stand is the truth!
It opens their eyes and makes them ashamed they support the Republican party.

Glob bless this forum for allowing truth (and their lies) to remain posted.
I hope the Dems are proud to support Al Franken and John Conyers...:mrgreen2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The personal attack at me in this thread is effing BS. My opinion of what the GOP is doing may not show the proper amount of arm flailing or fist pounding deemed necessary by some, but that is no reason for attacking me in this manner. My use of the word expediency in my post was on purpose based on the definition of the word which is actually a condemnation.

ex·pe·di·en·cy
[ikˈspēdēənsē]
NOUN
  1. the quality of being convenient and practical despite possibly being improper or immoral; convenience:
    "an act of political expediency"

As far as being manipulative that makes no sense because who the hell am I trying to manipulate by typing this:

You may not like or agree with my personal views but this BS is uncalled for. And everyone who has read my posts for all these years knows that I am not an overly emotional person about much of anything.
FYI - that is actually a positive trait in law enforcement.

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 We rarely agree, and often butt heads, but I don't think you deserved that. This is obviously a heated topic, and instead of actually you know, reading your post, certain people jumped to conclusions. Your post(s) was on the "why" behind the move, and was not condoning in the slightest.
@cmd2014 had a great response on pg 1- disagreeing and opening a discussion, rather than resorting to petty name calling.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 We rarely agree, and often butt heads, but I don't think you deserved that. This is obviously a heated topic, and instead of actually you know, reading your post, certain people jumped to conclusions. Your post(s) was on the "why" behind the move, and was not condoning in the slightest.
@cmd2014 had a great response on pg 1- disagreeing and opening a discussion, rather than resorting to petty name calling.
Thank you for this. It means a great deal.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/roy-moore-slavery/index.html

Moore’s “even though we had slavery” quote...

This guy is a peach! Trump is making is possible for the sludge to rise to the top. I was happy to wait for all of these sick F#ckers to sit in silence and wait to die. Then my utopia of love and acceptance would reign and I would ride around on my unicorn and live out my elder years in happiness. Instead, these men made of garbage are going to influence the young...after all of our hard work to make these newer generations good! I”m angry!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/roy-moore-slavery/index.html

Moore’s “even though we had slavery” quote...

This guy is a peach! Trump is making is possible for the sludge to rise to the top. I was happy to wait for all of these sick F#ckers to sit in silence and wait to die. Then my utopia of love and acceptance would reign and I would ride around on my unicorn and live out my elder years in happiness. Instead, these men made of garbage are going to influence the young...after all of our hard work to make these newer generations good! I”m angry!
This was a pretty dumbass thing to say. He is an idiot. Glad I am not having to vote in Alabama, they have some real winners to pick from.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results