shape
carat
color
clarity

RNC to Support Alabama GOP Sen Candidate Roy Moore

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTH!!! They are now supporting and defending a pedophile. Great Christian values.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
:sick: Gross.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barf.

Religion doesn’t seem to place much value on women, period. Nothing from the right surprises me anymore. After the Duggars were revered and continue to be, and after SO many political figures who professed themselves anti-LGTBQ have been caught engaged in homosexual acts and it’s all swept under the rug because sinning! Whatever. I take zero of anything anyone from the conservative religious right says seriously at all anymore. Really haven’t since about 17-18.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie I think this move is totally political. They think he is going to win and if he does they can do an investigation on him in the Senate. If it turns out he is ousted they still hold the seat and he will be replaced by another repub.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had your optimism Red. My guess is if he wins they will continue with their stance that he never admitted he did it. Deny, deny, deny. They never own up to anything. There are 60 people who have come forward and said they knew about Moore and remember the women telling them what happened.

ETA. I can hear the republicans doing everything possibly to distance themselves from Trump and Moore years from now. The party and those who decided to vote for them knew exactly what they were voting for. They can flipping own it.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just shows that republicans are immoral.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, regardless, my point still stands, however separate (haha, yeah right) it may be.

Can you imagine what would happen to a female republican candidate if anyone ever found out she had an abortion, an affair, a transgression? She’d be eviscerated. No political career left.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's political opportunism, myself.

But - Monnie, you do have a point. Patriarchal (?) values - religious or otherwise - also contribute.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All emotion aside, it is about politics and a senate seat. They have been watching and are taking a position based on a calculation. Very few politicians have a soul on either side. It is all about reelection and political expediency.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, cool...next they will put a serial killer into an available seat with dry precision. Nevermind that he enjoys his victim’s livers with a nice chanti. This is all simple politics...a numbers game!

:roll

Last edited:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ok, cool...next they will put a serial killer into an available seat with dry precision. Nevermind that he enjoys his victims livers with a nice chanti. This is all simple politics...a numbers game!

:roll

But did he kill his victims "decades ago," HC? Because that's a factor, apparently.

All moral high ground has been lost by the right (especially the evangelical right) this election. Every last drop.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I really hate the idea that this is 'politics as usual.' I saw that something like 71 percent of Trump voters don't believe any of the women. That it's some sort of liberal/Soros conspiracy to discredit him. This is Trump politics.

Agreed-- there is NO reason for us to believe that he'll be 'investigated' once seated.

It's a f*cking abomination.

Last edited:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
All emotion aside, it is about politics and a senate seat. They have been watching and are taking a position based on a calculation. Very few politicians have a soul on either side. It is all about reelection and political expediency.

They can put a scarecrow as the Republican candidate and win in Alabama, but they chose to stick with Roy Moore (after recovering from a 2-week bout with conscience). Republicans could have run a concerted effort to promote a write-in candidate. But they were too chicken-shit.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are running Ted Bundy for the seat. Other people said he did some "bad things", and well some women disappeared but he said he didn't do it. He will vote Republican, we will retain the seat, and that's more important.
Disgusting.

On the other hand, Doug Jones is someone who understands public service, will actually vote for things that will materially help his constituents, and was the person who re-opened and succesfully procecuted the person responsible for a church bombing that killed 4 children. He is a far better example of a public servant. He is someone who I would be proud to represent me.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's disgusting.

I really need to go downtown and change officially to "no party".... I vote how I please so I didn't put much emphasis on the R designation, but it is well past the point where I seriously can't be associated with them any more. We have nothing in common,

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so upsetting to me. I’m probably going to open myself up to a shit show, but here goes.

I”m a Christian woman. I’m not an azzhole Christian. I’’m the type of Christian who believes in the teachings of Jesus. This means that you love everyone. It also means you accept everyone. I’ve done my homework, that man didn’t cast out anyone. the whole “marriage is between a man and a woman” line could easily be a “sign of the times” statement. He never spoke out against homosexuality. This tells me that if the beloved savior came down here today, he’d have an awful lot to say to some of the jerks who have been using his name to hate.

So, there are people who are bastardizing my religion. there are extremists who act in unacceptable ways under the name of my religion. Taking little girl brides is one of those ways. But I’ll be damned if most of us are doing this.

Now, i did have an eye opening experience this weekend that proved to me that i live in a beautiful little liberal bubble where the people share my values and maybe I am the one who has it all wrong. I went to Texas this weekend! I even spoke to a Trump supporter! So I understand that maybe some of your experiences of Christian people are very different than mine. But I just have to say that some of the things you say about Christian people hurts my heart because I feel like most of us are just trying to be good people. Not superior to others, but more loving, more giving, more understanding of others.

I dunno...i don’t think I have it all wrong...I think you guys are painting with a very broad and prejudiced brush.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so upsetting to me. I’m probably going to open myself up to a shit show, but here goes.

I”m a Christian woman. I’m not an azzhole Christian. I’’m the type of Christian who believes in the teachings of Jesus. This means that you love everyone. It also means you accept everyone. I’ve done my homework, that man didn’t cast out anyone. the whole “marriage is between a man and a woman” line could easily be a “sign of the times” statement. He never spoke out against homosexuality. This tells me that if the beloved savior came down here today, he’d have an awful lot to say to some of the jerks who have been using his name to hate.

So, there are people who are bastardizing my religion. there are extremists who act in unacceptable ways under the name of my religion. Taking little girl brides is one of those ways. But I’ll be damned if most of us are doing this.

Now, i did have an eye opening experience this weekend that proved to me that i live in a beautiful little liberal bubble where the people share my values and maybe I am the one who has it all wrong. I went to Texas this weekend! I even spoke to a Trump supporter! So I understand that maybe some of your experiences of Christian people are very different than mine. But I just have to say that some of the things you say about Christian people hurts my heart because I feel like most of us are just trying to be good people. Not superior to others, but more loving, more giving, more understanding of others.

I dunno...i don’t think I have it all wrong...I think you guys are painting with a very broad and prejudiced brush.

I hear you.

It is a very specific type of American evangelical christian, but even that paints too broad a brush. There are many of them here when I live and I have met them.

E B

Ideal_Rock
House Cat, I've read the thread up and down a few times and I'm not seeing anyone blanket judging all Christians? I did point to the 'evangelical right' but they're the religious group throwing the most support to people like Moore/Trump (as well as saying other Jesus-like things such as the #1 reason people are poor is because of their 'lack of effort').

There are a lot of good christians in this country, no doubt. But the title alone doesn't seem to mean what it used to.

E B

Ideal_Rock
BD53F088-F59C-4D80-9C07-925823504CF0.jpeg
It's disgusting.

I really need to go downtown and change officially to "no party".... I vote how I please so I didn't put much emphasis on the R designation, but it is well past the point where I seriously can't be associated with them any more. We have nothing in common,

There are a lot of people who feel the way you do. (Principled.)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HC - it's not that people are saying that all Christians are bad people, we all know that isn't true. It's that when these bad people do bad things, they USE the religion to justify it. And other people in the same religion are agreeing, and standing with them.

It's unfortunate that when there is an event where muslims are involved, if they don't denounce the event IMMEDIATELY they are seen as complicit or condoning. But when it comes to christianity, they are actually supporting this person and using the bible to justify his illegal and disgusting actions. It's a pretty insane double standard IMO.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HC - it's not that people are saying that all Christians are bad people, we all know that isn't true. It's that when these bad people do bad things, they USE the religion to justify it. And other people in the same religion are agreeing, and standing with them.

It's unfortunate that when there is an event where muslims are involved, if they don't denounce the event IMMEDIATELY they are seen as complicit or condoning. But when it comes to christianity, they are actually supporting this person and using the bible to justify his illegal and disgusting actions. It's a pretty insane double standard IMO.
Thank you, T. This was beautifully put and very reassuring.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry house cat if anything people said, made you feel attacked. I have distanced myself from organized religion because of how it feels like it has been hijacked to represent something opposite to what Jesus taught and how he lived. I identify as agnostic but try to aspire to and follow in Christ's footsteps. So I understand where you are coming from.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BD53F088-F59C-4D80-9C07-925823504CF0.jpeg

There are a lot of people who feel the way you do. (Principled.)

I should have left in 2008 and then in 2012 when I wanted to originally

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's time they all throw out their Republican values. They have sunk so low they have no values. I've gained so much respect for Mitt Romney today. At least he is vocal about how wrong all this is. I listened to someone in the news say if you gave all republicans senators truth serum 48 of them would agree with Romney. If this is correct, they need to grow a pair and say this is wrong. If they don't say so, then they are condoning this behavior and need to own it. We all know the difference between right and wrong at a young age.

@House Cat I hope you understand most of us here feel exactly like @eb, @telephone, @whitewave feel. I know I feel as they do. If I have said anything to offend you I am very sorry. That was never my intent. I also consider myself a Christian. That being said, I don't feel you can do despicable things and hide behind a bible. I feel it's important in life to be a caring, generous, good and kind person. I've always been under the impression that these words describe you.

Of course you and I don't know each other personally, but I do know how much of what has happened the past few months has bothered me. I'm willing to bet you have similar feelings. My husband and I watched the latest Moore accuser come forward together. Some of her comments gave me the chills. She stood there and described what she was wearing the day she was assaulted by Moore. I rarely talk about my experience with my husband and did not know him at that time. I looked at my husband and said I wore a red dress to work that day. I was wearing a pink lace teddy to bed that night. The police took my teddy and brown bathrobe as evidence. Unfortunately there are things you never forget no matter how much you want to.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave I hope I didn't say anything in my posts to offend you. I know you in no way have ever condoned any of Moores awful behavior.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie I think this move is totally political. They think he is going to win and if he does they can do an investigation on him in the Senate. If it turns out he is ousted they still hold the seat and he will be replaced by another repub.

Even if this is true, it still has to make you seriously question the morality of those who are choosing to engage in this course of action. Having a Republican seat in the Senate is more important than doing the right thing? Really? Are these really the people you want running your country? (but I guess these are also the people who have already said that sexually assaulting women is ok, and that racism is ok, and that colluding with a hostile foreign government in order to gain power is ok...)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do not believe that Roy Moore did these things. They believe he is innocent and this is a Democrat plot to bring him down.

They also believe their beloved president is pure as the driven snow.

Believe it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even if this is true, it still has to make you seriously question the morality of those who are choosing to engage in this course of action. Having a Republican seat in the Senate is more important than doing the right thing? Really? Are these really the people you want running your country? (but I guess these are also the people who have already said that sexually assaulting women is ok, and that racism is ok, and that colluding with a hostile foreign government in order to gain power is ok...)
I did not say I agree with any of this about Moore. I am stating what I think to be the case, without emotion. Frankly he has not provided a good enough answer to anything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results