shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani nightmare

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased a diamond from Ritani a week ago. Before purchasing I had requested photos and videos. After purchasing, I requested more videos, emailed a few times for updates, and discussed setting via email and chat. Today (exactly a week later) I got a call from customer service stating that they had mispriced the stone and I can either come up in price or they can see what else they have in my price range. I told them I would think about it as it is now over my price range and I would like to know what other options they can find. I’m absolutely devastated as I have been watching videos of the diamond all week because I’m so excited. Anyways, they said they would call me back tomorrow. In the meantime the diamond that I already paid for (order hasn’t been canceled or refunded) was just listed on rare carat a few minutes ago!!!! I’m absolutely furious. Ranting and hoping for any advice you all might have on how to proceed with the situation

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a diamond from Ritani a week ago. Before purchasing I had requested photos and videos. After purchasing, I requested more videos, emailed a few times for updates, and discussed setting via email and chat. Today (exactly a week later) I got a call from customer service stating that they had mispriced the stone
Depends on by how much? . If it was a few thousand $$$ then I'd understand that it was an obvious mistake.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t read too much into the Rare Carat listing. All they’re doing is trawling other vendors’ inventories - and those vendors populate their inventories with stones from a plethora of manufacturers. This is the “virtual inventory” and any stone may or may not actually be available for purchase at any given time, depending on how often those manufacturers and vendors update their listings... I bought a stone from BN that remained available on a number of other sites for nearly two months after it was on my finger.

Re. The overpricing - ditto @Dancing Fire, my response depends mostly on what the price differential is. Are you comfortable sharing this info?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Don’t read too much into the Rare Carat listing. All they’re doing is trawling other vendors’ inventories - and those vendors populate their inventories with stones from a plethora of manufacturers. This is the “virtual inventory” and any stone may or may not actually be available for purchase at any given time, depending on how often those manufacturers and vendors update their listings... I bought a stone from BN that remained available on a number of other sites for nearly two months after it was on my finger.

Re. The overpricing - ditto @Dancing Fire, my response depends mostly on what the price differential is. Are you comfortable sharing this info?

Thank you! That makes me feel so much better. The stone was actually listed on rare carat for dramatically less than what Ritani asked me to come up to. Hoping for more resolution today.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
~Putting customer service skills aside~
And I understand the frustration
Per the other thread going on, I cannot imagine any (PS or not ) vendor actually honoring a pricing mistake that’s 50%.
Don’t most stores have some disclaimers covering scenarios like this?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Update: they did get back to me and offered a discount. I’m not happy with the discount. They also offered a VERY poor quality alternative (terrible unacceptable cut) for the same price. Im still very upset but I do appreciate that they are trying to resolve it.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Update: they did get back to me and offered a discount. I’m not happy with the discount. They also offered a VERY poor quality alternative (terrible unacceptable cut) for the same price. Im still very upset but I do appreciate that they are trying to resolve it.

Are they? Or they are trying to offer you a lousy alternative for the same price as your dream (better) diamond?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per the other thread going on, I cannot imagine any (PS or not ) vendor actually honoring a pricing mistake that’s 50%.

@Rfisher ...I missed something. Where did the 50% come from?

@Mjay Would you mind telling us what the difference was?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See if they will refund your money and then move on to something less shady.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher ...I missed something. Where did the 50% come from?

@Mjay Would you mind telling us what the difference was?

I don’t think OP was truly assuming they’d get it for original listed tho -

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not comfortable sharing numbers but yes I’m not expecting them to honor what I originally paid. I understand that it was an error. That being said; while I think what I originally paid was a good price; It wasn’t a crazy unimaginable deal. I fully expected to receive my stone especially since I had corresponded with customer service multiple times both before and after the purchase. My frustration and anger comes from a place of them taking a week after my order to realize the mistake, from the diamond being listed for sale again before I even canceled my order, and from the mediocre (in my opinion) discount or garbage cut of the replacement they offered. I’m still hoping they will turn things around with a more reasonable discount or replacement but at this point I’m not optimistic and have a very negative perception of the company

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Are they? Or they are trying to offer you a lousy alternative for the same price as your dream (better) diamond?

It was ridiculous. The cut is so deep; it faces up at the equivalent of about .70 cts less than what it is. I wouldn’t even buy it for half the price of what I paid

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
There’s this morning radio show where the DJ calls people up after they have bad dates and the DJ gets both sides of the story. The latest show had a case where this woman went out to dinner with a man, got a text, told the man she had to run help someone find their lost dog, then after she left the man went out drinking with his buddy and saw the woman at the bar with a different man.

Sounds like your diamond was listed for different prices on different websites.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanna say that I bought 2 moissanites from a PS loved vendor. They accidentially listed them for 50% off what they should be.
Not only did they let me keep them for 50% less of what it should have been, when I made a mistake in the type of stone (I wanted OEC and I accidentally put down MBR) THEY paid for a insured label to send the stones back and they resent the correct stones. They lost money on that transaction but they held true to their word because they had made the error on their website with the incorrect list price. There is a reason they’re a PS favorite. It can happen and Ritani is being shady.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
There’s this morning radio show where the DJ calls people up after they have bad dates and the DJ gets both sides of the story. The latest show had a case where this woman went out to dinner with a man, got a text, told the man she had to run help someone find their lost dog, then after she left the man went out drinking with his buddy and saw the woman at the bar with a different man.

Sounds like your diamond was listed for different prices on different websites.

Haha thank you for posting lol I needed that laugh

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanna say that I bought 2 moissanites from a PS loved vendor. They accidentially listed them for 50% off what they should be.
Not only did they let me keep them for 50% less of what it should have been, when I made a mistake in the type of stone (I wanted OEC and I accidentally put down MBR) THEY paid for a insured label to send the stones back and they resent the correct stones. They lost money on that transaction but they held true to their word because they had made the error on their website with the incorrect list price. There is a reason they’re a PS favorite. It can happen and Ritani is being shady.

If that happened I would be raving about them for having such incredible customer service but the reality is I can’t expect that. I am however hoping for some kind of resolution that we can both feel good about. Doesn’t seem likely at this point but I’ve calmed down (a little bit) and I’ll give them through Monday and see what happens.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don’t think OP was truly assuming they’d get it for original listed tho -

Thank you @Rfisher !

It gets confusing when there are two threads on the same subject and some people dont know about the other thread (and this is
why its suggested not to open multiple threads on the same subject in different forums).

@Mjay not sure why you wouldnt share the 50% different here since you shared it on the other thread (or why you
wouldnt link the other thread so we all know what's going on.

My opinion...get your refund and move on.

For anyone else confused by the lack of info see the thread posted by rfisher in my quote.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Rfisher !

It gets confusing when there are two threads on the same subject and some people dont know about the other thread (and this is
why its suggested not to open multiple threads on the same subject in different forums).

@Mjay not sure why you wouldnt share the 50% different here since you shared it on the other thread (or why you

My opinion...get your refund and move on.

For anyone else confused by the lack of info see the thread posted by rfisher in my quote.

Due to the origin of the diamond; I started the other thread. There are many members that don’t venture to the other forum so as the situation escalated I decided to post here so that I can gather more opinions. I’ve seen many threads posted in both forums and IMO it’s not an issue. As for the 50%; I thought I had posted it here. I don’t want to share specific numbers.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock

This.

Frustrating as it is, get a refund and move on, and don't give them your business in future.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That makes sense to me because 50% price difference within LGDs is understandable - prices are all over the place for stones with similar specs, so you could easily believe that the original price was real and not too good to be true. Whereas with mined diamonds, in most cases that would be crazytalk. So the discussion of the exact amount of price difference would distract from what Mjay thinks the real issues are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results