shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Risky buy paid off... OEC goodness

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1320202053|3052257 said:
Dreamer, amazing buy!! Aren't you so happy snagging all these lovely new pieces since selling your old stone?! And for such great prices too!

Will you look for a yellow gold wedding band to match?

hee hee. I am very happy with my new rings! Technically, this ring was bought from the proceeds of selling my ACA earrings (thanks again Andrey!) and my original wedding band, not my big RB 8) I love the variety in my collection now. I have my Aurora for super bling days, my baby rings for more casual days, and this ring and, yes, a new yellow gold wb in the future for a more traditional wedding set! I am very very happy with the variety. And the prices :Up_to_something: I have not paid retail for any of my new additions.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1320202393|3052265 said:
Dreamer, amazing buy!! Aren't you so happy snagging all these lovely new pieces since selling your old stone?! And for such great prices too!

hee hee. I am very happy with my new rings! Technically, this ring was bought from the proceeds of selling my ACA earrings (thanks again Andrey!) and my original wedding band, not my big RB 8) I love the variety in my collection now. I have my Aurora for super bling days, my baby rings for more casual days, and this ring and, yes, a new yellow gold wb in the future for a more traditional wedding set! I am very very happy with the variety. And the prices :Up_to_something: I have not paid retail for any of my new additions.

Hehe, I'm the same way as you...I *love* feeling like I got a good deal!

And psssst, I may or may not have pulled a 'Dreamer' and sold my 1.8 carat. :rodent: 8) After I found out from you that this could even be an option, I shopped it around and surpise, found a vendor who offered *more* than what I paid for it in 2009!! You know that diamond never really brought me any happiness...I mean I had it unset for almost 2 years. It was strangely so freeing and exciting to sell it. I feel like I can start over again; I imagine that's exactly how you felt.

Anyway, I'm SO happy you got a beaut of an OEC, Dreamer!!! Enjoy it! :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad the risk MORE than paid off! It really is a beauty!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a great find!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
super ring dreamer! I quite like the setting too. what a great find :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1320203012|3052270 said:
Dreamer_D|1320202393|3052265 said:

Hehe, I'm the same way as you...I *love* feeling like I got a good deal!

And psssst, I may or may not have pulled a 'Dreamer' and sold my 1.8 carat. :rodent: 8) After I found out from you that this could even be an option, I shopped it around and surpise, found a vendor who offered *more* than what I paid for it in 2009!! You know that diamond never really brought me any happiness...I mean I had it unset for almost 2 years. It was strangely so freeing and exciting to sell it. I feel like I can start over again; I imagine that's exactly how you felt.

Anyway, I'm SO happy you got a beaut of an OEC, Dreamer!!! Enjoy it! :appl:

Hey! Woo hoo! Cool! I hope you get something you adore and love and wear every.single. day. I felt great about selling my RB and still do, because I am so much more happy to have a few different sets to wear, and also to know I got super deals on all my pieces! Mind clean baby. Mind clean. Oh, and we paid off our line of credit ;))

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
it's so beautiful!! very happy for you! :)

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I have to learn from your methods! It's so great that you found something that's so beautiful and you love.
Truly gorgeous, enjoy! :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
great buy! congrats and enjoy your new bling :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
*Thud*- the sound of me falling out of my chair. That... for $1,200? :o

Congrats! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful looking stone :!: :love: ... :errrr: the ring is another story... :lol:

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
wow. wowwowow I LOVE that ring! Let me know if/when you're looking to resell... :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, this is a too good deal~!!! You are so lucky!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer...the ring is absolutely gorgeous...The stone looks amazing and i totally love the setting too...so much more interesting than the previous solitaire (DF, we don't care about your opinion... :Up_to_something: ).And i love the yellow gold too. I'm so jealous of all the yellow gold rings that i see around lately :cheeky: Wear it in good health :appl:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Great stone! Well done Dreamer! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous, what a great find.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow Dreamer! What a find! It it gorgeous! I love that you're going to keep the setting for a while. It's really pretty and I love that it's an intact piece. Congrats!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, awesome ring Dreamer!!! :love:

Good for you for having the patience for getting what you want! :appl:

Cachette :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous Dreamer, and I love the story behind it! I also, love love love getting a deal. It makes me enjoy something (whatever it is) so much more! What a beautiful find, I hope you enjoy it every single day!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a find!!! That thing is STUNNING - the faceting must be hypnotic IRL :love: :love: :love: :love: and at that price... :$$):

Yeah, you could've got a more technically precise AVR, but, well, it wouldn't have the charm and story of this one. And like you observed it'd have been a lot more pricey! If you do decide to send it in for a makeover (though, really, it's gorgeous just the way it is now!) SS's prices are *very* reasonable.

:love: :sun:

I have to ask... do you think you will be replacing your earrings? I really do understand why you don't miss your ring, given the financial gains and the beautiful alternatives you've since acquired... but studs - I don't see all that many alternatives, you either like and want them or you don't, y'know?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohhhhhmigosh! ohhhhmygoodness! i don't even.... :love: :lickout:!!! Dreamer that is freakin' gorgeous - i love everything about it - the diamond and the setting and forcryinoutloud... the price!! you did amazing, that is just beautiful! enjoy!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the gamble paid off and you did GREAT! I would leave as is too, at least for a while. That mounting is part of it's charm! Congrats DD!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a really fun ring and a great deal!!!! :appl: Where did you sell off your other jewelry again?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring and how fun to find such a fabulous piece!

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, I love it! It's a gorgeous stone and I also really like the setting! It's somewhat reminiscent of that McTeigue Flora ring with the flower petals cupping the stone. Personally, I would keep the setting as is and look for a pretty engraved vintage gold wedding band. So glad your risk paid off!

Out of curiosity, did the appraiser give you depth and table measurements for the stone?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Dreamer!! What a find. It's a beautiful stone and I love the setting too!! Congrats!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am blown away by this diamond, truly, the more I enjoy it. Rivals my RBs for sure.

Yssie no studs for me, I don't wear earrings so it feels like a waste. I got them originally for sides on my three stone, but since that is a no-go, there was no reason to keep them.

Motownmama I sold the Rb to GOG, the earrings and eternity band and another setting I had on Diamond Bistro, and I sold the rest to a pawn shop! I cleared about $2000 on the odds and ends, in addition to my RB sale, so I feel very good about it all!

Kennedy I don't know the angles. I have not actually had a formal appraisal done yet, just went to a local trusted antique dealer who looked at it for free and talked about it with me. His opinion meshed with my own regarding the cut (late OEC; he thinks pre-WWI), color (near colorless, perhaps G or better even), and clarity (nothing visible with 10x loupe), and he measured it with calipers (5.9mm). I will get an appraisal for insurance later. I would love a sarin scan of the stone, maybe one day. For now, given the price I paid, I'm content. Bascially, as long as it is a diamond I did not overpay, no matter any other specs ;-) so I am content.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
*****sigh***** I just love a good OEC story :bigsmile:

joflier

Ideal_Rock
There's a bit of a thrill to doing those 'unknown' ebay buys isn't there....you just never know exactly what will show up in the mailbox. I do that a lot (mostly just to resell), but sometimes to keep. Congratulations on such a gorgeous ring!! The stone looks fantastic! Nothing better than a beautiful OEC in my opinion. :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results