shape
carat
color
clarity

Ringworm

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm so sorry :( I've been following this but honestly had no idea what to say. It's just too awful for words. You and Greg are champions.

What I will say is that your beach house is TDF and amazing. Without revealing too much info, do you mind telling me approximately where it is? Not trying to be creepy haha...my parents are looking for a beach property so I'm trying to help them think of locations. You are on the east coast, right?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Fred looks better in that picture! So much more comfortable compared to the last one you posted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'm so sorry :( I've been following this but honestly had no idea what to say. It's just too awful for words. You and Greg are champions.

What I will say is that your beach house is TDF and amazing. Without revealing too much info, do you mind telling me approximately where it is? Not trying to be creepy haha...my parents are looking for a beach property so I'm trying to help them think of locations. You are on the east coast, right?

Thanks @lovedogs for your kind wishes. And also for the beach house compliment. We are on the East coast and LOL no worries you could never be creepy. We are in Monmouth County in NJ. If you want more details feel free to contact me on Loupe Troop. I love the area. Beautiful beaches, and lovely people too. Our neighborhood is a hidden gem actually.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, it's encouraging that Greg feels there's been a little improvement and I'm hoping it continues -sending lots of healing vibes to the kitties. XOX

Thank you sweet Junie. The cats all send purrs and love to their Auntie Junie. XO

@missy Fred looks better in that picture! So much more comfortable compared to the last one you posted.

Thanks @TooPatient. He does seem more comfortable though he still has bad moments where he doesn't seem comfortable. He also doesn't use the litter box anymore at all but that is OK. We were having trouble with him re litter box for many months now but it has gotten worse. For all I care he can make out of the litter box for the next decade plus. I just want him around with us and I want him to have a good quality of life.

We are all hanging in there. Tommy and Bobby are still losing so much hair. Very frustrating as this is starting week 6 of treatment. Fingers crossed they all start getting better. I appreciate all your good wishes. Thank you.

Reactions: AV_

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs for your kind wishes. And also for the beach house compliment. We are on the East coast and LOL no worries you could never be creepy. We are in Monmouth County in NJ. If you want more details feel free to contact me on Loupe Troop. I love the area. Beautiful beaches, and lovely people too. Our neighborhood is a hidden gem actually.
haha gotcha. Lovely! I think they are trying to stick to California, but I really appreciate the info! My dad grew up spending summers in Bel Mar, and has a soft spot in his heart for beach living.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
all the best people live in Monmouth County

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you sweet Junie. The cats all send purrs and love to their Auntie Junie. XO

Thanks @TooPatient. He does seem more comfortable though he still has bad moments where he doesn't seem comfortable. He also doesn't use the litter box anymore at all but that is OK. We were having trouble with him re litter box for many months now but it has gotten worse. For all I care he can make out of the litter box for the next decade plus. I just want him around with us and I want him to have a good quality of life.

We are all hanging in there. Tommy and Bobby are still losing so much hair. Very frustrating as this is starting week 6 of treatment. Fingers crossed they all start getting better. I appreciate all your good wishes. Thank you.
i agree, the litter box is the least of your bothers

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Just wanted to let you know I've been following along with this. I haven't posted before because I've just been holding my breath and haven't wanted to say anything stupid during such a difficult time.

But my thoughts and prayers are fully with you and your kitties. Fully. ox

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience was definitely that when spots were “on the mend,” they would flake. When I washed him with the miconazole shampoo, the affected spots would come off in whole sheets - dunno if it was skin or fungus or what but it was gross, like a scab except not. I sometimes had to pick them off when I could tell they were loose but weren’t coming off in their own, since I wasn’t sure if they were going to spread more fungus. But what was underneath looked slightly better, and after several rounds of that looked like healthy skin, usually with a bit of hair growth started. So maybe flaking is a good thing?

Fred looks a bit better in that pic, I agree. I hope the vet can figure out what is wrong.

Just kicking around ideas but is it possible that when Greg goes back to work, he could take either Oliver or Fred? Idk if Oliver is better it might be better to take him just so he didn’t get reinfected and because he wouldn’t spread more spores and you wouldn’t have to worry about a new kitten stressing your other cats out, but then maybe it would be better to take Fred if he’d have access to a better vet, but then you’d have the problem of Fred needing to be isolated and being alone a lot.

I second that your beach house is amazing. Probably little comfort when you are going through this but still.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy what you are going through is horrific. Check with your sister but I personally would find a GOOD cat groomer and shave all of the cats except Fred if you think it will traumatise him too much. The reason for this is that a good cat groomer should not cut or nick a cat at all. My husband had a Persian he had shaved every year for summer and he never ever had nicks or cuts. As an early posted suggested, the reason is a good cat groom knows how to clip or shave cats, they also use clippers (I clip my own Scottish Terriers) that have smaller teeth and can use a numbered clipper head that should in theory not be able to cut the cats.

I would cut the fur off as many as you can even if you have to sedate them because you can't see new infection sites under the fur. Rather than spending months or much much longer getting this under control you can't effectively treat what you can't see - if you can see it you can treat it. I think it's a matter of finding an outstanding groomer or someone you trust that can clip them. Some vets are often careless and do not go with anyone that just does dogs, they need to have experience specifically clipping a lot of cats.

Again check with your sister but have you considered old school treatments for Fred. I once did this for a rescue dog that had a fungal infection we couldn't get rid of and a very old vet recommended it to me. Get a plastic container and fill it with apple cider vinegar. Put each of the cats legs in it up to as high as you can get. You can pat the excess off but it needs to dry on them and ideally you do this 4 times a day. If you are hesitant to put one of the older cats through that, try it on one of them like the kitten first - the apple cider vinegar even though they don't like the smell isn't toxic in any way and it takes about 2 weeks to see results but if you keep doing it, as well as the medication it did work.

For any sores on the body get large cotton wool balls soaked in apple cider vinegar and put that onto those effected areas, again 4 times a day. Leave it on do not wash it off. If they lick it, it will not harm them.

See if that helps at this point it can't hurt. Tea tree diluted a little (again they hate the smell) put on the effected areas has also been a natural remedy for fungal infections and works for both humans and animals but I'd try the apple cider vinegar first, I think the vinegar is less harsh on the skin than the tea tree.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @distracts, right now Greg isn't going anywhere lol while the cats are like this. We are just sucking it up and staying here (thanks for your lovely comment about the house and I agree it isn't a bad place to be stuck but we haven't been home to NYC since May but that is another story) until this situation is resolved or at least better controlled. I don't know what is going to happen with work and I certainly don't want him to be in the position of jeopardizing his job (he loves it so much) but this takes priority and no way can I handle this alone. It takes 2 to do everything with our little hellions lol and oy vey. He can and does work remotely though it is much preferred for him to be in the office. We are continuing to take it one day at a time. That is all we can do.

Thanks for the info re flaking etc. Yes that is what is happening with our cats too. But Tommy is getting new areas of hair loss 6 weeks in already and Bobby is losing hair all over still. Fred well he has widespread balding areas but some smaller areas of regrowth so that is encouraging but huge areas that are just plain bald. He is the only one not getting the Itrafungol though so I didn't expect to see any big improvement with him. But what is taking Tommy and Bobby so long to get better IDK. Oliver is looking better according to Greg. Greg is pretty much taking care of Oliver re topicals as he can do that by himself so Greg examines Oliver daily and sees improvement. But he is the kitten with a developing immune system (knock wood) so that is not surprising. I just wish adult cats would improve. I am worried they might not get better for a long time and while we are willing to do what we need to do I sure hope our lives don't get destroyed in the process.

Thanks for your continued support and sharing of info. Very helpful and I (we) appreciate it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy what you are going through is horrific. Check with your sister but I personally would find a GOOD cat groomer and shave all of the cats except Fred if you think it will traumatise him too much. The reason for this is that a good cat groomer should not cut or nick a cat at all. My husband had a Persian he had shaved every year for summer and he never ever had nicks or cuts. As an early posted suggested, the reason is a good cat groom knows how to clip or shave cats, they also use clippers (I clip my own Scottish Terriers) that have smaller teeth and can use a numbered clipper head that should in theory not be able to cut the cats.

I would cut the fur off as many as you can even if you have to sedate them because you can't see new infection sites under the fur. Rather than spending months or much much longer getting this under control you can't effectively treat what you can't see - if you can see it you can treat it. I think it's a matter of finding an outstanding groomer or someone you trust that can clip them. Some vets are often careless and do not go with anyone that just does dogs, they need to have experience specifically clipping a lot of cats.

Again check with your sister but have you considered old school treatments for Fred. I once did this for a rescue dog that had a fungal infection we couldn't get rid of and a very old vet recommended it to me. Get a plastic container and fill it with apple cider vinegar. Put each of the cats legs in it up to as high as you can get. You can pat the excess off but it needs to dry on them and ideally you do this 4 times a day. If you are hesitant to put one of the older cats through that, try it on one of them like the kitten first - the apple cider vinegar even though they don't like the smell isn't toxic in any way and it takes about 2 weeks to see results but if you keep doing it, as well as the medication it did work.

For any sores on the body get large cotton wool balls soaked in apple cider vinegar and put that onto those effected areas, again 4 times a day. Leave it on do not wash it off. If they lick it, it will not harm them.

See if that helps at this point it can't hurt. Tea tree diluted a little (again they hate the smell) put on the effected areas has also been a natural remedy for fungal infections and works for both humans and animals but I'd try the apple cider vinegar first, I think the vinegar is less harsh on the skin than the tea tree.

Thank you arkieb. Appreciate you chiming in. I looked all around for a cat groomer and no one is here. I advertised in our local paper and online in our next-door group. Only dog groomers. Unbelievable right? Anyway I will keep that in mind and keep searching. Dogs are easier to rid of the fungal infection. My sister's dog had ringworm in the 90s and he cleared up with 4 lime dips. The ACV I read about but we are using anti fungal meds and topicals that should be at least as good if not better. Our cats are not easy to handle and dipping them in ACV gives me the shivers. I will discuss it with Greg and really appreciate your input.

Tea tree oil is toxic to cats though so not going to try that. Maybe we will give the ACV a go. Thanks arkieb.
You are so right. This is horrific. And I do not use that term lightly. I think unless someone has gone through ringworm with 4 cats or something similar they don't truly get it. Looking from the outside in I might think what is she complaining about lol. I have to laugh or I would never stop crying I think though yes I have plenty of moments I am crying. It wouldn't be so bad if the cats weren't traumatized by this whole thing. The cleaning and disinfecting isn't the worst thing. Like Greg says that is just work. But it's the cats state of mind and how they are not getting better that is so tough to take. Sleep deprivation I am used to but this not at all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Just wanted to let you know I've been following along with this. I haven't posted before because I've just been holding my breath and haven't wanted to say anything stupid during such a difficult time.

But my thoughts and prayers are fully with you and your kitties. Fully. ox

Thank you dear @mrs-b. I appreciate your kind support and comfort. This is really a challenging situation and both you and I have had our fair share of challenges but I guess we do what we have to do. Sending you lots of healing hugs and good thoughts and thanks for your kind post.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all the best people live in Monmouth County

Aww and haha OK so you will have to visit one day to see for yourself. You are invited as soon as RW gate is over. :sun:

i agree, the litter box is the least of your bothers

So true. This AM there were 3 little BMs scattered throughout the living room. On the towel Fred had been laying on while he was on the big couch. On the floor by the couch and on the floor by the love seat. Lovely to wake up to but not a big deal. The bigger deal is that he won't move from the Loveseat in the early AM to eat. I bring food to him but so far so good. He is eating when I bring the food to him and that is a big deal.

Bobby wouldn't move to come into the kitchen today (first time I couldn't coax him into the kitchen to eat) to eat so we had to do his Itrafungol first. Luckily he did eat after that as the med needs to be taken with food. This morning was a struggle to get Tommy to eat too. And he didn't eat much but we gave him the Itrafungol. I just want the meds to please do their job and start killing this darn ringworm.

How can something with the word "Ring" in it be so bad? :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie how are you and Alex doing? I am thinking about you both and hoping he is healing well and that he is doing well. Sending you both hugs and healing vibes. XOXO.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m that whackadoo who had a vet appointment yesterday and asked about ringworm because a friend is on month three of dealing with it with three seniors and a kitten... of course she doesn’t know the details but she said flaking is cyclic and is usually a good sign too. OMG, I really hope we’re turning a corner with this small bit improvement!!

Alex is doing okay! Bizarrely okay. I wouldn’t be nearly as okay! He’s already hobbling around a bit, and eating wet food like he’s starved, and he’s using the litterbox (well, for #1, no #2 yet, but we aren’t allowed to worry about that until day after tomorrow). We stepped the gabapentin down to 18hours as every 12 was turning him into a zombie and that seems to have really helped. Unfortunately that makes med timing more complicated!

One of our other cats Mina has been losing weight. With all the Alex drama we kind of sidelined her... we took her to the vet yesterday and she’s got pancreatitis, an inflamed spleen, and inflamed gallbladder. No idea what the cause is - the list of possibilities is huge! A very small possibility of pancreatic cancer, but the vet thinks infection or dietary issues is much more likely, so we’re starting her on a swath of meds to hopefully flush whatever’s wrong... if she improves we’ll know it isn’t cancer and we can avoid a traumatic biopsy. Our vet was very careful to iterate that she felt it was extremely unlikely to be cancer.

So that makes (potentially) two of us with pancreatitic cats @missy! I hope you can get Fred stable - when will you find out more about what’s going on with him? :(sad

E6FEFCB5-50F4-4048-B201-D37DC513DFCC.jpeg
B97EBB0B-F5DA-4B7F-A3DD-C64D7F0619BB.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m that whackadoo who had a vet appointment yesterday and asked about ringworm because a friend is on month three of dealing with it with three seniors and a kitten... of course she doesn’t know the details but she said flaking is cyclic and is usually a good sign too. OMG, I really hope we’re turning a corner with this small bit improvement!!

Alex is doing okay! Bizarrely okay. I wouldn’t be nearly as okay! He’s alread hobbling around a bit, he’s eating wet food, he’s using the litterbox (well, for #1, no #2 yet, but we aren’t allowed to worry about that until day after tomorrow). We stepped the gabapentin down to 18hours as the 12hr cycle was turning him into a zombie, and that seems to have really helped. Unfortunately that makes med timing more complicated!

One of our other cats Mina has been losing weight. With all the Alex drama we kind of sidelined her... we took her to the vet yesterday and she’s got pancreatitis, an inflamed spleen, and inflamed gallbladder. No idea what the cause is - the list of possibilities is huge! A very small possibility of pancreatic cancer, but the vet thinks infection or dietary issues is much more likely, so we’re starting her on a swath of meds to hopefully flush whatever’s wrong... if she improves we’ll know it isn’t cancer and we can avoid a traumatic biopsy. Our vet was very careful to iterate that she felt it was extremely unlikely to be cancer.

So that makes (potentially) two of us with pancreatitic cats @missy! I hope you can get Fred stable - when will you find out more about what’s going on with him? :(sad

Wonderful news about Alex @yssie and thank you so much for asking your vet about us. You are such a dear. I a sorry you have a pancreatic cat too and hope Mina isn't suffering from too bad of a case. And that you can treat her for it and that she starts gaining weight and feeling much better soon.

We had Fred on Gabapentin as well but for his arthritis and it for sure turned him into a zombie so I discontinued it for now. He has been off it for a week and is still zombie like however so I feel there must be another reason (or additional reason) he is behaving like this. We are putting this on hold until we take care of the ringworm. We also have Tommy's untreated hyperthyroidism to deal with after this RW gate is under control. There is only so much we can do at once but a big part of me feels guilty for putting these 2 issues on hold. Tommy's hyperthyroidism needs to be addressed and treated but OMG please I want to get the RW under control first. Too much and I know you get it. Sending Mina lots of healing vibes too.

Anyway wonderful news and continuing to hold good thoughts that Alex is cancer free and has an easy and complete recovery! Thank you for sharing your happy news with us! (((Hugs))).

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I haven’t commented cos I didn’t know what to say. I’m so sorry your good deed for little Oliver has had this effect on your other beloved cats. I hope everyone is improving and you guys catch a break soon

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think fungal infections can be O.K to get rid of in cats and dogs and difficult to get rid of in cats and dogs, it really depends on the type of infection they have. Tea tree oil is toxic to both dogs and cats undiluted that is why I said dilute it down and just dab it onto the affected areas, you do that in sparing amounts unlike the ACV. But I honestly would just pick one of the cats probably the new kitty because he will be the easiest get some full strength apple cider vinegar and put one of his legs or areas that has sores on it into it 4 times a day and see if it works, if it does then great, if not, at this point IMHO nothing to lose.

I can't imagine having to live with the ordeal you have now for months and months, and am amazed that no one wants to shave the cats, can you see if there are any vet nurses that would have a go. I personally would sedate the cats so they can't move around (less likely to cut, nick or graze them that way) and at least get a vet or a vet nurse that has clipped a lot of cats before, get them to leave all the fur on the heads tails and feet and paws, if they aren't confident even leave the legs because those areas are the most likely (things like elbow joints and uneven parts) to get nicked, and just remove all hair from the body.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alex is doing okay! Bizarrely okay. I wouldn’t be nearly as okay! He’s already hobbling around a bit, and eating wet food like he’s starved, and he’s using the litterbox (well, for #1, no #2 yet, but we aren’t allowed to worry about that until day after tomorrow). We stepped the gabapentin down to 18hours as every 12 was turning him into a zombie and that seems to have really helped. Unfortunately that makes med timing more complicated!

E6FEFCB5-50F4-4048-B201-D37DC513DFCC.jpeg
B97EBB0B-F5DA-4B7F-A3DD-C64D7F0619BB.jpeg
Wow, this kitty is amazing!
I hope he recovers quickly and is back to his old self, minus the leg, soon!
It's wonderful that you had the funds and the great vet care to help him!

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news about Alex @yssie and thank you so much for asking your vet about us. You are such a dear. I a sorry you have a pancreatic cat too and hope Mina isn't suffering from too bad of a case. And that you can treat her for it and that she starts gaining weight and feeling much better soon.

We had Fred on Gabapentin as well but for his arthritis and it for sure turned him into a zombie so I discontinued it for now. He has been off it for a week and is still zombie like however so I feel there must be another reason (or additional reason) he is behaving like this. We are putting this on hold until we take care of the ringworm. We also have Tommy's untreated hyperthyroidism to deal with after this RW gate is under control. There is only so much we can do at once but a big part of me feels guilty for putting these 2 issues on hold. Tommy's hyperthyroidism needs to be addressed and treated but OMG please I want to get the RW under control first. Too much and I know you get it. Sending Mina lots of healing vibes too.

Anyway wonderful news and continuing to hold good thoughts that Alex is cancer free and has an easy and complete recovery! Thank you for sharing your happy news with us! (((Hugs))).
@missy, I am still keeping up with your daily kitty updates.
Perhaps part of Fred's problem could be all the changes in your house?
The loss of Francesca, and the addition of Oliver so soon. Then all the med dosing and baths and vet visits with the lime dips must be very taxing on an old cat. Not to mention the daily vacuuming, which always upsets them.
And avoiding the litter box is a classic sign that the cat is sick or unhappy.
They can sense our stress, for sure.
I hope this all resolves soon for the kitties, and of course for you and Greg.
Please don't forget to take care of yourself, too. You need to eat, girl!
Two scoops of ice cream from now on!

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went and checked out the clippers I have here, because sometimes I have the need to clip our Scotties myself. I have two pairs of expensive top of the line Wahl dog clippers and a number of attachments or the end pieces that have combs and blades in them these you can take on and off, I have an expensive Oster pair of dog clippers and I have a cheaper brand pair of dog and cat clippers.

The difference is the clippers that can also clip cats are marginally smaller, but they have a smaller motor in them so I believe they make marginally less noise than my other pairs, they are a bit lighter as well. You need finer teeth in the combs and a blade set back that is the right type of attachment for them for cats. Most vets just use the dog ones with the heads and combs and blades that can do anything but they were designed for dogs. The cat ones are smaller and finer.

If Greg has to go back to work it seems that you will struggle to manage all the cats on your own. So perhaps you should just move all the cats back to your other home, then hopefully you have both better vet care and you can find someone to clip the cats there and get your beach house fully commercially steam cleaned to kill everything - those guys kill mould and a range of funguses they know what they are doing. Something like this;

https://www.vapamore.com/steam-cleaning-and-disinfection-for-ringworm/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @arkieb1 I called all groomers yesterday and no one will work with our ringworm cats. Period. And the vets office won't clip or shave them. I am exhausted. We bathed them yesterday because the vet's office called to reschedule their Tuesday lime dip making it a 9 day wait between lime dips.That is so not good. So we decided to bathe them again and omg they are losing copious amounts of hair. Scary. I am scared and it feels like they are all getting worse. And now I am getting itchy rashes all over my body.

For the cats we are using a new product (rotating between Miconazole shampoo and the JKat products.
https://www.jkatinc.com/ringworm-protocol

We are using the Ciderm shampoo and the 72 plus and 78 and 86 products as well.

Thanks for your input arkieb. I really appreciate it. I feel like we are drowning and there is no way we could go to our NYC home right now. It is filled with books and papers and such and all would be incredibly challenging to clean and disinfect. Better staying here. As for work well maybe he is meant to retire if the worst thing happens re his job. I cannot worry about that right now. He isn't ready to retire and I hope it doesn't come to that but the cats have to come first and this is a 2 person job no question about it. We are giving up lots to try getting them better and I just pray we can get them better. I cannot think ahead right now. One minute at a time or I am too overwhelmed. I thought by now we would be in a better place not worse. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503 and @distracts IIRC you guys did not do Lime dips but rather bathed your cats every few days. Is this correct? And they got better right without lime dips. We cannot do lime dips at home so am just looking for positive experiences battling ringworm with just baths. And Itrafungol but Fred isn't getting ITrafungol so will he ever get better?

Everything I read says lime dips are the best treatment for RW but we cannot get the vet office to do it more often and we cannot do it at home. I am hoping shampooing them twice a week at home and lime dipping them at the office once a week will be sufficient. What are your thoughts please. Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I am still keeping up with your daily kitty updates.
Perhaps part of Fred's problem could be all the changes in your house?
The loss of Francesca, and the addition of Oliver so soon. Then all the med dosing and baths and vet visits with the lime dips must be very taxing on an old cat. Not to mention the daily vacuuming, which always upsets them.
And avoiding the litter box is a classic sign that the cat is sick or unhappy.
They can sense our stress, for sure.
I hope this all resolves soon for the kitties, and of course for you and Greg.
Please don't forget to take care of yourself, too. You need to eat, girl!
Two scoops of ice cream from now on!

Thanks Stracci. Yes all the changes are not good for the cats but we have no choice. We have to clean often and we have to treat the cats. I am beside myself with worry and don't have a clue what our future holds. Will we lose them all? I mean Oliver is getting better but that is it. I appreciate your support and words of encouragement thank you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I haven’t commented cos I didn’t know what to say. I’m so sorry your good deed for little Oliver has had this effect on your other beloved cats. I hope everyone is improving and you guys catch a break soon

Thank you foxinsox. I appreciate your kind words of support and well wishes. I don't know what to say either. If I think about it all too much I go crazy. I feel like we are in a dark void and do not see a way out. I had hope a few days ago but that is dashed right now with all the extreme hair loss the cats are now experiencing. I am surprised they are not all bald at this point. And I don't know what we are doing wrong. Thanks for chiming in and for your good thoughts for us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we gave them all baths yesterday. Surprisingly Tommy did OK and Oliver was the hellion cat yesterday. LOL and Sigh.
Photos because that is worth a thousand words at least. And I am too loquacious as it is.

Tommy
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.25.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.25.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.20 AM.png

Bobby
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.26.57 AM.png

Fred
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.27.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.27.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.03 AM.png

My poor baby. We are torturing him. Look at his face. What are our options? We don't want to give up on him. What do we do? If this only lasts for a few months he deserves a chance. But if he doesn't get better or if he gets sick with something else it will all be for naught. We are between a rock and a hard place.
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.14 AM.png

And patient Zero. Where it all started. Yesterday he gave us the hardest time.

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.34 AM.png

Look at that face. Devil or angel you decide.
Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 5.28.54 AM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh missy
this is all beyound unfair
on people and kitties
are there any groomers who do house calls ?
i do not know any cats who would want a bath/shower. you are doing amazing care
i have never wanted to help someone so much with housework and cleaning as i do with you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh missy
this is all beyound unfair
on people and kitties
are there any groomers who do house calls ?
i do not know any cats who would want a bath/shower. you are doing amazing care
i have never wanted to help someone so much with housework and cleaning as i do with you

You are so very kind @Daisys and Diamonds, thank you. I called everyone and there is no cat groomer willing to do the lime dips here or at their office. They all said the veterinarian office is the only place for that and one of the groomers said I should report the rescue group.That seems unfair and it would hurt lots of cats looking for homes. She didn't do this to us on purpose and though I am disappointed in her because she is not honoring her commitment to help us I cannot do something like that to her or her cats. So I had no good luck at all searching for someone to help us with the lime dips.

This rash behind my knees is quite severe now and of course it is a Sunday of a long holiday weekend and even if I was to make a dermatology appt only my derm in the city has a chance of diagnosing me and I don't have an appt (also it's impossible to get anything soon with this doctor) or that kind of time anyway to go back and forth with all we have happening here. I do not think it is ringworm. I always get weird reactions the doctors cannot diagnose so going to a local derm would be a waste of time probably. Hoping it doesn't spread or get even worse. Just what we needed right?

I just finished my upstairs cleaning but Greg is still cleaning downstairs. It isn't fair as he has the lion's share of the cleaning to do but right now I just cannot do anything more. I am beat. And very very itchy.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I honestly don't know what else you can do - you've gone above and beyond for your babies, doing everything by the book - and more. You're doing everything right. Just keep at it - persistence is key. Make sure when bathing them at home that the shampoo gets all the way down to the skin. (((hugs)))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results