shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring box?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first plain silver box the best. You could engrave her initials on the top, maybe even her future initials if she's going to take your last name. A friend of mine did that and that's how he proposed-she loved it. I would only put her future initials if you're sure she's taking your last name, though.

Edited because I changed my mind on my favorite!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
It all depends on what the ring looks like! If it looked more antiquey I''d go for the silver boxes...or a plain silver engraved, or the limoges. But if it''s more contemporary, perhaps the cherrywood would like nicer? I guess you''ll just have to *ahem* show us the ring first!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 4:22:09 PM
Author: surfgirl
It all depends on what the ring looks like! If it looked more antiquey I''d go for the silver boxes...or a plain silver engraved, or the limoges. But if it''s more contemporary, perhaps the cherrywood would like nicer? I guess you''ll just have to *ahem* show us the ring first!

Ditto surfgirl!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thing2of2...that initial idea is out of the park cool!!!
36.gif
That's a homerun in my book!

DKS

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
96TL, my FI just proposed to me last week with a ring from Mark Morrell, and it came in a beautiful wood box. I don't know what type of wood it is (but I bet you could email him and find out where he gets them). I think if the metal boxes are constructed well they would be a beautiful choice, but I could also see them feeling cheap in person if not done properly. I got that impression from some of the metal boxes I saw at Things Remembered or some other store that sells engravable gifts. I found the wood box very classic, it suits my taste perfectly, and I plan to continue to use it for safekeeping of my ring when I'm not wearing it. Here it is - the photo in the bottom center (top view of the box) is probably closest to the true color.

morrellbox.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 2:46:54 PM
Author: EBree
This one from Tiffany (Limoges) is also beautiful. I love this one.

ETA: Sorry for the huge-ness of the picture!
3.gif

OH. This is my choice. If she anything but ultra modern contemporary taste. I''d go with this one. It''s beautiful and it''s an heirloom by itself, that could be passed down. SO lovely.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
I was going to start my own thread because I''m in a similar situation.

Does anyone know of where to get modern-looking ring boxes? The silver ones at the top of this thread looks ok but not in the modern style I''m after.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wink does the maple wood ones - or at least that is what my e-ring came in.

Have you looked on ebay. The UK one sometimes has beautiful antique silver ones - and lots of limoges porcelain ones.

If you get one engraved, make sure to go for proper hand-engraving not machine done.

96TL

Shiny_Rock
I like the Limoges box ideas. Do they make ring boxes? Or would I have to buy a trinket box and add some foam? I''d prefer not to do any arts and crafts if possible. LoL. Most of the Limoges websites I''ve been on have a HUGE selection and its really hard to find what you''re looking for. I wasn''t able to find any ring boxes.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Prefer not to do any arts and crafts....well, since you brought it up. Had you considered popsicle sticks glued together and glitter and maybe painting some elbow macaroni gold?

Sorry couldn''t help share what came to mind. DKS

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Is this one too gaudy?

pic2797.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 2:46:54 PM
Author: EBree
This one from Tiffany (Limoges) is also beautiful. I love this one.

ETA: Sorry for the huge-ness of the picture!
3.gif
This one is super nice, but she HATES dragon flies, even though I told her they don''t bite 10,000,000 times.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 4:25:03 PM
Author: 96TL
Is this one too gaudy?
Well, to be honest, it is for me. But you know your gal best.

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 4:29:47 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/10/2007 4:25:03 PM
Is this one too gaudy?
Well, to be honest, it is for me. But you know your gal best.
She is not a gaudy person either.

Who thought buying a box could be so complicated? I know I''m probably over-thinking it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have this one, got it from my jeweler, but see it's on ebay as well.

Pyramid Wooden Ring Box

pwrg.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 4:37:24 PM

Who thought buying a box could be so complicated? I know I''m probably over-thinking it.
I think it''s great you are putting so much thought into this! Trust me, there are many of us on here who would give our right ring finger to have our guy be so thoughtful.
2.gif

Ok, maybe giving the right ring finger away is a bit harsh
6.gif
, but you get the jist.
9.gif

What I don''t understand is, why there isn''t a bigger, better selection. It''s not like this is something new!

I really like the one FireGoddess posted.

Let me ask this, is she more of a "metal" gal, or "wood" would you say?

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 5:11:05 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 9/10/2007 4:37:24 PM

I think it''s great you are putting so much thought into this! Trust me, there are many of us on here who would give our right ring finger to have our guy be so thoughtful.
2.gif

Ok, maybe giving the right ring finger away is a bit harsh
6.gif
, but you get the jist.
9.gif

What I don''t understand is, why there isn''t a bigger, better selection. It''s not like this is something new!

I really like the one FireGoddess posted.

Let me ask this, is she more of a ''metal'' gal, or ''wood'' would you say?
I would say she''s more of a metal chick, but I do like that pyramid box.

I''m gonna try to get some pics up. Maybe that will help.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 6:28:41 PM

I would say she''s more of a metal chick, but I do like that pyramid box.

I''m gonna try to get some pics up. Maybe that will help.
Sounds good!

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Here is my pitiful attempt at some pics. I don''t know why I can''t get a few good ones. I tried different rooms, different camera modes, etc.

MyR864LM1.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Next....

MyR864LM2.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Again.....

MyR864LM3.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Another front shot.....

MyR864LM4.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Last one?

MyR864LM5.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
"Atta boy!" Good job...Okay, seeing your lovely ring I"m thinking you can go any way you want to. Since you dont want to deal with making a foam insert for a silver box, why not get a nice silk pouch and put the ring into the pouch and put that into the box? I really like the silver boxes, with engraving to personalize it, or one of the Limoges...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moley, that is one stunning ring 96! Wow, who cares what the box looks like??!
9.gif
2.gif

If you think she''s more a metal gal, I''d say get one of those plain silver ones you posted, and get her married initials engraved like someone else suggested, can''t remember who. I like that idea.

And, would it be too nosey to ask the size on that thing?
3.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
OK...not fair. I am not playing the box game with you anymore. THAT IS MY RING!!!!
36.gif
Not kidding. I have been trying to find a photo with all of those aspects. Trying to decribe it has been nerve racking!!!

That thing is magnificent. Mr 96er you don''t need any type of box. What you need is a helmet, pads...no full body armor...because when she sees that ring...you are going to get tackled! Heck, when I see I am going to tackle you!!

Unbelievable.

Box...ha...DKS

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 7:58:01 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
OK...not fair. I am not playing the box game with you anymore. THAT IS MY RING!!!!
36.gif
Not kidding. I have been trying to find a photo with all of those aspects. Trying to decribe it has been nerve racking!!!

That thing is magnificent. Mr 96er you don''t need any type of box. What you need is a helmet, pads...no full body armor...because when she sees that ring...you are going to get tackled! Heck, when I see I am going to tackle you!!

Unbelievable.

Box...ha...DKS
Does this mean you will soon be setting that door knob??
36.gif

That ring really is jaw dropping....

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ellen...Maybe if he will reveal who has the blue print to MY RING!!
29.gif

DKS

96...you know I am kidding...about the angry smiley...don''t you?

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments guys (DKS I know you''re kidding). Let me know if you want some pics from other angles.

It''s a 3.13ct AGS000. It has 184 pave diamonds on the mounting.

That pouch idea is pretty good.
2.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
yes more pictures please
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results