shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring box?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

96TL

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for a ring box to present the e-ring soon. I'm willing to spend about $200 bucks at most. I want something EXTRA nice. Presentation is very important to me. Thanks!
35.gif

This one is pretty nice, but I'd like to see a few others.

SS5.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Then I was thinking maybe I can go funky with something like this. It''s technically not a ring box, it''s a mini trinket box. I could easily add some foam and velvet inside though.

Box3.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi 96,

I would suggest doing a search on here, many a man has looked for the perfect box, there should be lots of threads with pics!

Also, I would go with something more timeless and classic (like the first pic), as our tastes change. That way, she can use it forever, without possibly growing tired of it.
2.gif

96TL

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking the same thing. Something classy would be better. I tried doing some searches, but didnt get back many threads with pics. Still at a loss as of now (besides the silver one above).

LM bult me a BEAUTIFUL ring, but he really needs some better boxes. The one he gave me looks very cheap IMO.

I found a few more silver ones, but they're very plain.

SSbox1.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Next....

SSbox2.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Again........

SSbox3.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Last...

SSbox4.jpg

goldielena

Rough_Rock
If you have no aversion to Tiffany''s, they have beautiful small Limoges porcelain boxes, or silver boxes that might be in your price range. They also have a porcelain box that looks like their gift boxes. Go to www.tiffany.com and enter the word "box" in the keyword area on their search page. Some are fairly plain and some are beautifully painted.

15302534_html_med_over.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:37:31 PM
Author: 96TL
I was thinking the same thing. Something classy would be better. I tried doing some searches, but didnt get back many threads with pics. Still at a loss as of now (besides the silver one above).

LM bult me a BEAUTIFUL ring, but he really needs some better boxes. The one he gave me looks very cheap IMO.

I found a few more silver ones, but they''re very plain.
Really?? That''s surprising. I''d be a bit irritated after paying what I''m sure was a good premium....And you MUST post pics of said ring!!
3.gif

I''m surprised you didn''t find much in searching. I''ll look around and see if I can find anything. Of the last group, I like the second one best, but I''d still pic the first one first.

goldielena

Rough_Rock
another limoges example from tiffany''s

17037641_fl_lrg.jpg

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:48:21 PM
Author: goldielena
another limoges example from tiffany's
Limoges is collectable and timeless. I'd also suggest maybe taking a look on Ebay for some English silver ring boxes.

Personally, I LOVE the froggie...but I'm weird.
26.gif

LE

Rough_Rock
Jay Strongwater makes some beautiful boxes in your price range (the frog box may actually be one of his pieces). Please post pics when you decide what to get!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an antique beauty currently on eBay. Link

limogesbox.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 12:49:59 PM
Author: Nicki

Date: 9/7/2007 12:48:21 PM
Author: goldielena
another limoges example from tiffany''s
Limoges is collectable and timeless. I''d also suggest maybe taking a look on Ebay for some English silver ring boxes.

Personally, I LOVE the froggie...but I''m weird.
26.gif
I like the froogie too
21.gif
Ribbet!

find45di2

Shiny_Rock
Where is a good place to find e-boxes? Is there a site online that sells them and ships them?:)

I never even thought of using a custom box. I love that first pic!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey there. I personally love the idea of a gorgeous, special ring box! You''ve gotten some great ideas so far and the sterling one''s you''ve shown are also quite nice. I have a large collection of antique jewelry presentation boxes (you can see the thread here:
Antique box collection ) and you can sometimes find them in antique shops and antique malls. They''re hard to find but they''re there. If you see one in a display case, always ask if it''s for sale and if they say no, ask them to call the display owner just to make sure.

I also think a collectible Limoges or Battersea box would be lovely. Both are often available with little love poems or declarations of love on them. They last a lifetime and become a cherished posession. In fact, surprisingly, Bloomingdales has a huge selection of Limoges and Battersea boxes. FYI, the Limoges are French porcelain and the Battersea boxes are enamel over metal. Both are wonderful and you can find a huge variation so I''m sure you''d find something. If you go with sterling, you could always get the date of your engagement inscribed onto the box, along with any sentimental message, your initials together or whatever. Love your attention to detail..but SHAME ON YOU for not showing us your LM ring...You know that''s mandatory, right?

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the help so far everyone. I promise I will post pics of the LM when I finally get some to come out clear.

Im thinking maybe I should just go with a lacquered wood box now. I found this one online. It''s cherrywood.

Cherrywood.jpg

96TL

Shiny_Rock
And this one is maplewood.

t_2152.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either of those would be nice, I personally love cherrywood.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both of those are nice, but I think the silver boxes you posted at the top of the thread are a lot more special than the wooden boxes. Just my opinion, of course!

96TL

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 10:29:58 AM
Author: thing2of2
Both of those are nice, but I think the silver boxes you posted at the top of the thread are a lot more special than the wooden boxes. Just my opinion, of course!
Really? Which one in particular do you like?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 10:29:58 AM
Author: thing2of2
I would agree. I like the very first one best.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Tiffany limoge box. It is elegant. Ebay would also be a good place to look since it is not a high priced item and there may not be a great demand. I did not like the Ebay one with the inscription because it is too personal and obviously expresses the sentiment of someone else and not yours necessarily.
If you decide on a silver one, I would suggest that you look for one that is either sterling or at least 800 silver(probably an antique). We have bought some wonderful silver pieces on Ebay for great prices. Although I would not buy diamonds or expensive jewelry, the very few problems we have over a period of several years and many purchases were resolved to our satisfaction.You will have to open an account with Ebay and Paypal in order to bid--if you do not already have one.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
There was a poster a few years ago that was looking for the perfect one too! He was looking for a turtle or a frog or some critter. His girl had a passion for something unusual. Anyhoo, the thread was filled with all sorts of boxes. I will attempt to locate it...

I agree with going classic, but we don''t know your babe! There are places like Things Remembered, and Red Envelope that allow you to personalize a box with engraving. You may want to consider that and spend your budget on a poignant thought you too share, as apposed to spending the whole 200 on the box itself.

A lot of places have Christmas inventory out...there are ornaments that you can place things inside. Many get engaged at the holidays and there is quite a market for it.

This is a fun idea...you are really putting a lot of thought into it. She is gonna love it!!

DKS

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I seen some cool lighted ring boxes, I just deleted the sight from my favourites yesterday. When you open them, they shine light on the ring, quite inexpensive as well. Mauybe doa search for "lighted ring box" and see what comes up! Good luck

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

E B

Ideal_Rock
If you were proposing to me, I''d be knocked out by that Tiffany Limoges with the green detail and the gold rim that goldielena posted. It''s exquisite.

I also like the frog, too.
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
This one from Tiffany (Limoges) is also beautiful. I love this one.

ETA: Sorry for the huge-ness of the picture!
3.gif

dragonflylimoges.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I have to say is this is romantic, when I got married all I got was the ring without a box and the new ring I got was just in the regular jewelers box. All of this boxes are beautiful and your finance will love anything you pick out, sounds like she picked out a pretty special guy.
1.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of a limoge box. After the proposal, she can keep the ring in the box when she is not wearing it. The box will always remind her of the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results