shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer Spessartite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So I was going through Richard Homer''s website (not easy right now) looking for an aqua. Well I found one, but also found some beautiful orange garnets. I inquired about both, and initially went for the aqua. But than I got some advice from Harriet. I showed the pics to my BF, who liked the spess much better than the aqua I chose. I thought about it at work, and decided to go for the Spessartite. It was the stone I liked better anyways, I just wasn''t sure how I would use it as jewelry. It might be a pet rock for awhile.

Richard Homer is a very nice guy, and I appreciate him putting up with me changing my mind at the last minute. He is not shipping the stone till Monday, and so the earliest I might get is is Wednesday (if I am here to sign for it). So, for now it is a teaser pic and than more next week.

The stone is 1.69 cts 6.3 mm in diameter

6076ManSpess.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i recently saw a richard homer cut oval and it faced up bigger than my 8.18 carat spess [it was shallow for the weight and much less carat weight than my spess].

i can''t imagine that you won''t love what you receive. spess is wonderful....welcome to the Club Orange!

mz

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! I bet that it is a glowy sparkler IRL, can''t wait to see some more photos of it! (I love Spess
30.gif
)

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is fantastic. Love the color
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that looks AMAZING - I am just hankering to get a spess after seeing all these gorgeous ones on here lately - I can''t wait to see what that beauty looks like IRL.
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and I imagine it will glow like crazy. Can''t wait to see pictures.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
with that combo of cut and color it''s bound to be a winner. Post pics when you get it!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say I LOVE your stone? I would really like a concave cut stone eventually. What are you going to do with it?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Movie Zombie - thanks. I can tell you are a fan

Babyblue and Linda - I will be sure to put photos up

akmiss - thank you!

AmberGretchen - thank you, I was not a fan until I started seeing all the ones on here. I was going to pass on this one because I was not sure of the concave cut, but it has such great color that I think I should give it a look with an open mind.

interkitten. Richard Homer seemed very excited about this one. He said this stone was the most "bang for the buck" because the other stones he has in this color are larger and more expensive (I am sure I would have been priced out).

Cind11 - I have no idea, I was planning on an aqua. I will have to see and and decide how to set it after I get a good look

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WHOA can we say ball of fire??? Gorgeous! So what are you gonna do with it?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!
36.gif
36.gif
I don''t have a one of his stones yet, but it''s in my want list!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
BEG - I don''t know. I really have no idea. It is a cool stone, but I am branching out from my usual stuff for sure. I don''t usually do orange, and don''t usually do concave cuts.

Mochi - they are discounted right now
31.gif
His website is in horrible shape and he is giving a discount to anyone who is willing to put up with it. But I know you just got some new pretties.

I feel a little bad getting this now. My BF just came by (see Hangout I started a thread), and just got laid off. He told me we have 2 separate incomes, and that I am not the one who lost my job, and to keep the stone. Just seems kind of weird. But he is the one saw the potential in this stone. For someone who dosn''t know a lot about gems, he has a better eye than me.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
LF-lovely stone :) I bet it will be beautiful in person. Sorry to hear about your BF!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent choice if stone; I'm sure you'll love the spess. I wasn't a fan of orange until I saw a top stone with my own eyes. I'm so sorry about your BF; it's really bad out there these days.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
stepcutnut - Thanks, I can''t wait to see it. It is going to be a rough week.

Chrono - I have never seen one in person. Only all the pics here, but some of them glow. And I love stones with sparkle.

Thanks for the kind words about BF, hopefully everything happens for a reason.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are going to love it. A well cut spess with good colour sparkles a ton!
Let me rephase that: I KNOW you are going to love it.

As for your BF, networking is even more important than ever because there's like 10 people or more going for the same job these days.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:17:14 PM
Author: Chrono
I think you are going to love it. A well cut spess with good colour sparkles a ton!

Let me rephase that: I KNOW you are going to love it.

As for your BF, networking is even more important than ever because there''s like 10 people or more going for the same job these days.

Well, you know color stones, so I will believe that. The more I look at the pic, the more I am starting to really like it. I really didn''t give myself time to think before. It cought my eye right when I saw it, and than I kind of ignored that. Do you own any concave gems?

I am writing a response about BF in hangout.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! I am a sucker for those bright orange beauties!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ltl- Love it
30.gif
I''ve been thinking about a spess as my next stone for a while now. They''re so flashy and bright. I bet you''re going to be thrilled.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Clairitek

Ice kid - I remember you saying you want one of these, I hope you get it. I was really talking myself out of it until BF saw the pic. I am interested to see how the concave cut will look in real life. I was thinking about waiting for a traditional cut, but I spent so much time just looking at this one amazed at the color. I guess as Harriet said, it was "speaking to me."

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i do not believe you will be disappointed. i don''t think i''d have any other concave cut spess but a richard homer having seen the one i saw. i think you will be amazed at its glow.

and congrats for having such a wonderful boyfriend! a man like that is a keeper!

mz

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOH gorgeous!! I can''t wait to see it, I hope you post pics. Looks like a mini-sun!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Movie Zombie - he is a keeper, I was trying to tell him that just now, of course, it has had time to sink in and he is a bit angry, but he just needs time.

TL - I will, but I don''t get the stone till next week

MarcyC - thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s full of juicy goodness. Love it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks - is that your ruby?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 7:53:33 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
No. I know what it is but I''ll leave it up to Harriet to spill.
12.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ltl,
I''m sorry about your boyfriend''s situation. Things are getting extremely nasty out there.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ruby had a rather unfortunate encounter at the lapidary''s wheel.
7.gif
This is a distorted picture of a Mahenge spinel sugarloaf that I''m buying, once Paypal straightens itself out.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 1:40:19 PM
Author: Harriet

My ruby had a rather unfortunate encounter at the lapidary''s wheel.
7.gif
This is a distorted picture of a Mahenge spinel sugarloaf that I''m buying, once Paypal straightens itself out.

Oh, boy...didn''t realize the ruby had a botched procedure. The Spinel looks pretty - this is the first time I used paypal. Not sure how I feel about it.

Thank you. Hopefully things will get better for him. He is away for the weekend, so I am kind of wondering what kind of spirits he will be in when I see him tomorrow. Since this has happened, so many people are telling me about relatives of there''s who are worried about their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results