shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer Spessartite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendants are pretty but it''ll be a shame to never be able to see it once you wear it unless you plan to stand in the bathroom all day long.
9.gif
That''s why I prefer rings, especially for quality gemstones like yours.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 12:34:40 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Haha, yes. In med school you learn some amazing, touching, and wonderful things, but you also see some of the most disturbing.things.ever. I''m going to try my hardest to avoid watching a live childbirth from the business end until after I have a kid of my own, I''m afraid if I know too much, it''ll scare me out of ever wanting to go through labor, lol.

But anyways, I think it''d make a stunning stunning pendant. The color is so eye catching that I think it deserves to be front and center and where everyone can easily stare and admire it! (I guess just don''t wear it on a chain that''s TOO long ;-) )

I tried to avoid it. I failed. Pregnancy and child birth scare me. Especially since all the females in my department are cursed. Most of the babies have ended up in the NICU :(. But I want kids, so I will deal.

I am still liking the pendant

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Icekid and Chrono, that is the one thing that is keeping me from just getting the pendant done. But I can''t figure out what kind of ring to do.

Harriet: It would be, especially with a row of diamonds around it. But I could just do a gold bezel around it. My bf is asking me what I am writing about, I told him. He just yelled "Necklace"

Gailey: Thanks for putting all those links and pics up. The pendant looks pretty. Making me like the idea more. I like how that one closes off the back of the stone because it is kind of deep and has a thin cutlet, it would need some sort of protection.

Either way, I would only be able to wear it as a ring once a week (I think it is too soft for work), and would not be able to see it as a necklace. Downsides to both.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 11:31:59 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

... and would not be able to see it as a necklace. Downsides to both.

MIRRORS!
(Or in my case, the reflection of my dark screen saver...) ;-)

Although as long as you get a long enough chain, you can still see your pendant whenever you like :) I play with mine all the time.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, just something else I wanted to add. I never liked concave cuts on photos either. I was originally looking at a concave cut for an aqua because it makes since for that stone. It darkens the stone a little and brings out lots of flashes. I saw the spess, and knew the sparkle potential of the stone. The stone looks so different in person, and it is way better. With the refractive index of the garnet and the concave cut, this stone rivals my ACA diamonds! I will still probably gravitate towards traditional cuts on most stones, but I do see another concave cut in my future now that I have one.

So I am between these two ideas

1) bezel halo: WF bezel

2) Find out how much it would cost to have this ring modified. I would need to have the head for a round of course. I would also want to get rid of the surprise diamond, have it made in YG, and find out if the stone can be set lower.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results