color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teaser pic, group shot taken in the office:

grouppic01s.jpg

I shall try and take more pics, however, I have a lot to do before my trip to HK next Tuesday.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1446507594|3944932 said:
Teaser pic, group shot taken in the office:

grouppic01s.jpg

I shall try and take more pics, however, I have a lot to do before my trip to HK next Tuesday.

DK :))

100% amazingness DK! Thanks for sharing. I love all the stones! The irradiated blue trillion has quite some oomph as well. Is it a sky blue topaz?

Really nice to see another twin Asscher stone in a real life pic.

S

SparkliesLuver

I don't meant to thread-jack, but I wanted to share my newest addition...

It was this post - https://instagram.com/p/7ymCnzk5VE/?taken-by=bespokegems - that made me instantly fall in love with the Tangier design (I should add I have a thing for snowflakes and that's what it made me think of), so I contacted Doug. I knew I wanted a touch of blue in my natural topaz, and I asked for around 10mm. He finished yesterday and sent me some photos. It's gorgeous! :love: I cannot wait to get it. Here are the details:

6.64cts; 10.11 x 10.11 x 8.79mm
O'Briens Creek rough, which he personally dug :)

bespoke-gems-topaz-tangier-857b.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! No thread-jack at all Sparkliesluver. It's beautiful, natural, blue and topaz which is very much on topic. Congrats with your amazing stone. What a fabulous cut :love: :love: :love: And I love the soft touch of blue. I am looking forward to see your pics.
Any ideas on how you will set it?

_685.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for letting me play, Acinom. :D I know, the cut is completely amazing. Look at that crown! :love: It'll be a ring, but that's about all I know right now. It's very deep, so that'll be a main consideration. How deep was your natural blue asscher? I do know I want to show off that crown somehow, so ... I'll have to spend some time on this one. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1446816193|3946277 said:
Thank you for letting me play, Acinom. :D I know, the cut is completely amazing. Look at that crown! :love: It'll be a ring, but that's about all I know right now. It's very deep, so that'll be a main consideration. How deep was your natural blue asscher? I do know I want to show off that crown somehow, so ... I'll have to spend some time on this one. :)

The crown is truly amazing! I love these high and fat crowns.
The dimensions on my natural blue Asscher are:
10.94x10.94x9.11mm, 8.32ct
So fairly deep at 9.11mm. David did a great job setting it so that it looks balanced.

The dimensions of the electric blue are:
10x10x7.5mm, 4.8ct

Looking forward to see what you will create with this stone.

_691.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

:) Thank you for sharing the dimensions, Acinom. Your asscher is just a bit deeper, so that's good to know. I love that setting, so it makes me hopeful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
:appl: Gorgeous design and stone SparkliesLuver

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got your natural topaz DK. Yes I am still in Scotland.
It is lovely material.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When will you receive that amazing stone Sparkliesluver?

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm not sure, Acinom. He shipped it today, so maybe a week? I don't know. I'll keep everyone posted though! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: only a couple more days, yay!!

Mochiko and DK had a blingy get together in Hong Kong and Mochiko started a great thread to share their pics and experiences. DK took her fabulous collection with her and Mochiko was lucky enough to play with it.
Their top colour natural topazes also had their get together! Here they are:

_770.jpeg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
This family reunion picture really tipped the scale for me. Natural blue topaz is on my list. I had seen all the glamour shots but this simple IPhone picture was like peeking over mochiko and DKs shoulders at that bar and seeing something I love

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates Sparkliesluver!

I agree Sungura: that family pic is simple stunning.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Any updates Sparkliesluver!

It just arrived! :appl: It's stunning. :love: The high crown is beautiful, and the touch of blue (which doesn't show up in the picture) is so light and fresh. I love everything about it! The picture doesn't capture the beauty of this stone at all, but I tried. haha And excuse the dry hands - I washed them right before handling the stone.

6.64cts
10.11 x 10.11 x 8.79mm

img_9884.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute gorgeousness Sparkliesluver. You have been acquiring some amazing stones again lately.

On my iPhone screen I clearly see the dewdrop blue. It looks stunning.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. I'm humbled to own this stone, since Doug actually dug the rough himself. I have one more piece of rough that's being cut for me and then there will be a serious ban on purchasing new things. I need to focus on setting stones! :) I'm glad you can see it; it's very faint and I love that. Thank you!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, it's so special that Doug has dug the rough and cut the stone. I am looking forward to see what setting you will choose for it.
Please tell us more about the rough that is currently cut for you. Who is cutting it for you? :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Yes, it really is! :) I think your danburite will be my starting point. :D
It's old stock blue Newry Maine tourmaline. I imagine it to be similar in size and shape to my new pink-red spinel from JW. The vendor isn't quite ready for a lot of inquiries - since they have some more material - so I gave them my word that I wouldn't say anything. But I will when they allow me to. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1448047004|3952176 said:
Yes, it really is! :) I think your danburite will be my starting point. :D
It's old stock blue Newry Maine tourmaline. I imagine it to be similar in size and shape to my new pink-red spinel from JW. The vendor isn't quite ready for a lot of inquiries - since they have some more material - so I gave them my word that I wouldn't say anything. But I will when they allow me to. :naughty:

:D :D :D
Oooh! I will make sure to stay tuned: I always love your choice of stones so I will make sure to be ready when the vendor is 8-)

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Aw, thank you. :) I'm uber grateful, that's for sure. Yes, that one will get a new thread once it's done and I receive it. I already have a design in mind. :Up_to_something: :lol:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Acinom, Thank you for including my Asscher in this wonderful thread. It's amazing to see it here in such inspiring company. Thank you :)

Happy New Year to you all.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't believe I missed this thread! Loving the new stones cut by Doug! Can't wait to see how everyone sets these!

I, too, have a gorgeous topaz from him that I set last year and it's my favourite ring. Here are pics of mine, in case anyone is interested :)

_35864.jpg

_35865.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1451756942|3969691 said:
Can't believe I missed this thread! Loving the new stones cut by Doug! Can't wait to see how everyone sets these!

I, too, have a gorgeous topaz from him that I set last year and it's my favourite ring. Here are pics of mine, in case anyone is interested :)

Wow, Kama! That is a beautiful ring, and as usual Doug's cutting is amazing. Who made the ring? I love the unique bezel + halo type style.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone and setting Kama :love: :love: :love:
Is yours a sky blue topaz. What are the specs? It seems to have an amazing sparkle.
The setting is beautifully made indeed.

Thank you for adding your ring to this thread :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hounddog|1451692162|3969424 said:
Hi Acinom, Thank you for including my Asscher in this wonderful thread. It's amazing to see it here in such inspiring company. Thank you :)

Happy New Year to you all.

You're welcome Hounddog and please feel free to add more pics.
Happy New Year!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, lovedogs and Acinom.

I couldn't quite remember all the details, so went back to check. It is, indeed, a sky blue topaz. I wanted something with a hint of blue and CLEAN - I had initially emailed him with interest in a natural blue from Pakistan. Sadly, Doug said his natural blue's he had available at that time had some inclusions, which is why he recommended the sky blue. They were slightly more expensive than natural blue, but were also slightly treated to get more of the pale blue colour I wanted.

I ended up with an 8mm stone from Brazil, cut in his lovely Nigerian cushion design. I sent it to Ryan at Joe Escobar, who made me the beautiful setting. It turned out even better than I had anticipated. The stone looks a lot more pale in the daytime, and turns to a heavenly blue in the evening.

Whilst looking this info up, I realized I did create a thread on this, albeit didn't provide much detail (I think I forgot about my post and subsequently left for Hawaii on holidays):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-topaz-ring-stone-doug-menadue-setting-joe-escobar.209007/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-topaz-ring-stone-doug-menadue-setting-joe-escobar.209007/[/URL]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! I thought the setting looked familiar. I even commented in your original thread.
Thanks for adding the additional information. Ah... to wear a Doug Menadue / Joe Escobar ring. Quality shows :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results